PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary

Blue2th
10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Has anybody seen this new Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary yet? I saw it at Hastings and flipped through the pages. It's awesome! Covers all the Star Wars movies. The price was $40.00, but I found it at Walmart for like 23.99 with just .98 shipping. That's quite a savings in price and the book is well worth picking up.:yes: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4952919

kool-aid killer
10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Yep, i seen it at a Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. Its mainly the other visual dictionaries thrown together, but it does have a few new pages of material in it. I liked it so much (despite the stuff ive already got) that i put it down on my Christmas "wants" list. Last year i got a ton of Star Wars books so im hoping for a repeat of that this year.

Darth Jax
10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
it's the black one by ryder windham isn't it? i picked that one up at the beginning of the year. or have they added any information to that one.

i saw it at border's today for 30% off.

Blue2th
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
it's the black one by ryder windham isn't it? i picked that one up at the beginning of the year. or have they added any information to that one.

i saw it at border's today for 30% off.
No, it's the new one just released this month I do believe, with Yoda on the cover. I think this is the only one to cover all episodes. Check the link, you'll see. I could be wrong though.

Jayspawn
11-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I skipped it. I already have all 4 of the others and its the same thing except for a page or two. But not worth it even for that.

Its a great book if you dont have the others.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I skipped it. I already have all 4 of the others and its the same thing except for a page or two. But not worth it even for that.

Its a great book if you dont have the others.I agree with everything said above, except that I don't have all 4 of the others, just a couple. That's been the reason why I don't buy all the single-movie sourcebooks much anymore. Wait a tad ("In space talk, that's about a million miles" :D ) and you can get more.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
What's covered in the new pages?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2006, 11:02 AM
What's covered in the new pages?There's a new opened-up R2D2, and a new battle page (I think). Don't have it, so I'm only going off the sticker/label I saw on the cover.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Thats it. Just the new R2 and Sarlacc Pit bits. They skip a lot of other info covered by the individual books so this Complete book is hardly worth it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2006, 04:46 PM
While looking through it at Borders a few weeks ago, I did notice a few small changes. In the AOTC section, where Lott Dod was erroneously called Gilramos Libkath, that has now been changed to have him erroneously called Rune Haako. There was another Neimoidian error, I think, but I can't remember it right now.