PDA

View Full Version : Need input on an idea.

Jargo
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
I have a Y-wing i did a part custom paint job on a while ago. dirtied it up and stuff. But now I've got rid of all of my stafighters and vehicles besides speeders I have no need of a Y-wing.

I was going to do a custom job and add plating to the areas of exposed engine and so on as seen in the incredible cross sections book. that would be neat but still the Y-wing is too big for my display spaces. And i really don't need one as I say.

Then i stumbled across the entry for the Snowspeeder over at SW.com and in the behind the scenes bit there's an image that joe Johnstone drew of the cockpit of the Y-wing converted into an armoured speeder. (image below) reasoning that the rebels did a fast fix on hoth and re-used the Y-wing cockpit and refitted it.

I just want thoughts and opinions on whether i should go ahead with this and basically destroy my Y-wing to do it or leave the Y-wing as it is. I'm having trouble deciding. which is unusual for me but the Y-wing is my favourite vehicle. :cross-eye

JediTricks
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't think it's a good idea, part of what makes that Snowspeeder concept art so cool is how wide and flat it is, that's great for the movie version but the toy vehicle is much narrower and thicker because it has to accomodate an action figure. I think the end result will look pretty sad.

DarkArtist
10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I say go for it. If worse comes to worse you can say it wasa failed experiment but if your getting rid of your starships it seems a shame to waste it.

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
If you are going to do it, I suggest creating a mounting apparatus so you can reattach it to the Y-wing

Slicker
10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't know. I'd leave the Y-wing as is. It's such a good vehicle and I'd hate for you to get partially done with the custom and just lose the motivation.

EDIT: WOOWOO!! POST 4,600!!

Darth Cruel
11-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Take the leap of faith. The proportions don't have to be perfect to be a good custom. And if you want a Y-Wing...you can always pick up another one...there are 5,763,439 (+ or -) of them on eBay right now.