PDA

View Full Version : What "girly drinks" do you like?

pegger
10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Every now and then, I like to go out and order (or make at home) "girly drinks"...

I really like nutty martini's... Frangelico and vanilla vodka... I highly recommend it. They are nummy.

stillakid
10-17-2006, 09:10 PM
I like drinking at the Y.

El Chuxter
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Mai Tais and amaretto sours are the bomb. Do they count?

Just about any combination of fruit juice and alcohol is pretty yummy.

jjreason
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I like the taste of Bellinis (orange slush, peach schnapps and rum or vodka, not sure which) but they tend to be outrageously priced at the bar (as do most girly drinks, for some reason).

I'm pretty one-dimensional - it's beer or beer for this kid.... and that's plenty girly enough. :D

El Chuxter
10-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, you do live in a country with some great beer, so that's understandable.

I love the US, but our beer sucks in comparison with other English-speaking nations.

pegger
10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm off to Africa this week. They have some GREAT beers... Castle, Skol and Primas...

JimJamBonds
10-17-2006, 10:48 PM
I to am an Amaretto sour fan, I've been told they are girly but I don't really think so. :rolleyes: Chocolate martini's are good but I'll admit that those ARE girly for sure. lol

Slicker
10-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Long Island Ice Teas.

They'll get ya drunk!!! You'll be screwin' fat girls in no time!!!

Kidhuman
10-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Ameretto Sours rule, as do Jolly Ranchers.

CaptainSolo1138
10-18-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm a big fan of Fuzzy Navels. Tasty stuff there.

Do Bloody Marys count as "girlie"? The best part about those is that you can drink them with any meal.

scruffziller
10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
All flavored Smirnoff's and Bacardis. Long Island Ice Teas and Tequilla Rose.:o :nerv:

2-1B
10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I do not consume alcohol anymore but there is no way I will pass up the opportunity to post:

I'm a big fan of Fuzzy Navels. Tasty stuff there.

You don't wanna drink from mine...

JimJamBonds
10-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Long Island Ice Teas.

I don't think LIIT's are girly drinks they have WAAYYYY too many shots in them!

They'll get ya drunk!!! You'll be screwin' fat girls in no time!!!

They have gotten me drunk but the second part never happened... which is good. :p

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
A Long Island Ice Tea was once used to fuel the space shuttle Atlantis for an entire mission.

Rocketboy
10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
A Long Island Ice Tea was once used to fuel the space shuttle Atlantis for an entire mission.I thought it was Bill Brasky's sweat.

mtriv73
10-19-2006, 02:01 PM
White russians are the best :thumbsup:

Slicker
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
That reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between a white russian and a black russian?

MILK

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

CaptainSolo1138
10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Wrong thread, 'tard. What about margaritas? Or daquiris (sp?) for that matter. Would those be counted as "girly"? If so, add them to my list.

You don't wanna drink from mine...That's not what you told me when I wanted a Mudslide.

2-1B
10-19-2006, 09:01 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Blue2th
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
A Shirley Temple really hits the spot sometimes, though the "Dude" makes a mean White Russian with Coffee-mate.

2-1B
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM
"Another Caucasian, Gary."

Phantom-like Menace
10-21-2006, 01:04 AM
The only girly drink I would really contemplate drinking more than absolutely necessary (and in what situation would it be absolutely necessary?), would be light beer. Light beer's "girly" right?

Joking aside, and alcohol-wise, other than beer, I pretty much only drink Jack and Coke with the occasional straight shot of whiskey of varying brand depending on my mood. I'm pretty much a beer guy, though. Guinness if it's good, any of a laundry list of imports otherwise.

Slicker
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't think you can consider light beer to be girly...mainly because my favorite beer is Bud Light.&

El Chuxter
10-21-2006, 11:19 AM
A "Slicker's Mom." It contains vodka, 151, Everclear, moonshine, dramamine, ruhypnol, and a sprig of mint.

2-1B
10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
A "Slicker's Mom." It contains vodka, 151, Everclear, moonshine, dramamine, ruhypnol, and a sprig of mint.

"It was one part sour, two parts sweet.
Three parts strong and four parts weak."

;) ;) ;)

pegger
10-21-2006, 01:04 PM

Aren't you 'sposed to chase that with penicillan?

Slicker
10-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Aren't you 'sposed to chase that with penicillan?And a cotton swab to the weiner.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't drink beer, it's an acquired taste I have not yet acquired. However, I do drink "girly drinks," if you want to call them that. Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Hard Lemonade are my two favorite choices. I also take a few mixed drinks, amaretto and coke (can't be considered girly) and the occasional mudslide and whenever I am at Applebees, I get an orange cream or key lime pie drink that they use ice cream for.

Other than that, I wear the boots in the family.

Slicker
10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
I just went out last night and was drinkin' Captain and Cokes and Miller Lite.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Were you also wearing a bra and tutu?

Darth Jax
10-23-2006, 12:28 AM
the bigger the umbrella the better. i'm not a beer guy myself, never developed the taste for it. pretty much stick to rum, it used to be rum and cokes but i gave up caffeine so now it's malibu and cranberry as my drink of choice.

the great thing about rum, you can drink it all nite and still be standing.

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 06:09 AM
If you non beer drinking people like sweet drinks, try Woodchuck Cider. Thats some good stuff. Can I get an Amen UK??

JimJamBonds
10-26-2006, 02:28 PM
If you non beer drinking people like sweet drinks, try Woodchuck Cider. Thats some good stuff. Can I get an Amen UK??

AMEN! Woodchuck is great stuff, I had a 'Woodchuck phase' a number of years ago.

That shouldn't be confused with my "Sweetchuck phase."

2-1B
10-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Watching Police Academy while drinking Woodchuck must be a fun combination.

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Watching Police Academy while drinking Woodchuck must be a fun combination.

You make the trip here and I buy the woodchuck for the Police Academy Marathon.

JimJamBonds
10-26-2006, 10:55 PM
You make the trip here and I buy the woodchuck for the Police Academy Marathon.

.... and Caesar has the P.A. Saga on dvd so that is covered. :D

CaptainSolo1138
10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
When I was in Toronto last onth we passed the Molson Brewing company. I've never been so close to jumping out of a car. The best part about Canada, except for mabs, jj, Tri-Logos and the Maple Leafs, is that Molson Canadian flows like water in every freakin' restaurant.

2-1B
10-30-2006, 07:33 PM
I just invented a new drink, "Seed of Solo"

.... and Caesar has the P.A. Saga on dvd so that is covered. :D

Actually I believe I only have 1-4 :)

UKWildcat
10-30-2006, 09:24 PM

Amen brother!!! :thumbsup:

I'm not a big fan of "girly drinks", I much prefer a good old Domestic brew, like Bud Light or Bud Heavy. Natty Light if the wallet is tight. Liquor-wise I mainly drink Bourbon, Bourbon and... more Bourbon. Last week I randomly bought a bottle of Gray Goose which is a pretty good, but I still prefer straight Bourbon or Bourbon and coke.

If I had to drink a "girly drink", I guess it'd be a Daiquiri of some sort.

pegger
05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Now that we have a nice weekend - I made a big batch o' MARGARITA'S....

next time - I gotta invite you over jjreason....and the wife!

Jargo
05-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I gave up alcomahol last year. my weakness was peach schnapps and lemon pop/soda. (lemonade here). I could drink that like water and yet it's considered a very girly drink. same as cider despite the fact that cider is far more alcoholic than beer. and an occasional white wine and OJ.

which just goes to prove that women are just lushes. not lucious, lushes. they drink all the incredibly alcoholic stuff and men stick to beer. beer is more fatttening. That must be the reason. heavy alcoholic drinks that aren't beer fall into the magical slimming aid grouping like diet coke.

mm. I think the only drink I've had in a year is one glass of schnapps and lemon at new year. though knowing my 'butler' as I do, it was probably an octuple shot of schnapps.

LTBasker
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Smirnoff Triple Black. Goood stuff. I could use some right now actually...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't drink at all. I never have and never will, at least on any form of "consistent" basis. I was "forced" :rolleyes: on my 21st b'day to have one drink (all I remember is that it was orange... there's someone who might like that... ), and I've drunk altar wine or sips of champagne at weddings (that stuff's nasty, I'm sorry). Seen too many people screw up, get dead, mess their lives with drinking, so I stay far, far away.

That said, to participate in this thread discussion, I do still like Shirley Temples, which sounds girly.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-13-2007, 05:21 PM
the great thing about rum, you can drink it all nite and still be standing.In my junior year of high school, we were at the state Academic Decathlon competition. One person on the team thought it would be a good idea to have some rum and coke. I'm not sure how much he had or where he got it from or where he was drinking it at. I just know that someone brought him back to the room and he spent the night in the bathroom.

I once had a sip of straight Bacardi 151. I only filled the cap full. A wee bit strong that was. I spit some of it back out.

I don't drink at all. I never have and never will, at least on any form of "consistent" basis. I was "forced" :rolleyes: on my 21st b'day to have one drink (all I remember is that it was orange... there's someone who might like that... ), and I've drunk altar wine or sips of champagne at weddings (that stuff's nasty, I'm sorry). Seen too many people screw up, get dead, mess their lives with drinking, so I stay far, far away.I rarely drink either, and not much when I do. On our high school senior trip, we flew to Edmonton and stayed at the mall. Since the drinking age was 18, many of us were legal to drink. I was still a week short. Someone insisted on buying me a drink, so he brought me something he said was a "Miami Spice". It guess it was pink lemonade and rum. I guess that might qualify as a "girly drink." I drank it slow, but it seemed to be having an effect. Part of it may have just been that I was uncomfortable with the whole situation. We left to go do something else before I had a chance to finish it.

I've never really cared for the taste of beer. I like fruity stuff like wine coolers or hard lemonades. I once bought a bottle of MacNaughton Canadian Whisky when I was in college. I mixed it with cran-raspberry juice. I never drank too much at one time, so it lasted about four months. There was one night where the roommates made daiquiris. I had one of those and maybe three large cups of the cran-raspberry/whisky concoction. It was January and there was snow, so we then went down to the nearby high school and sledded down a small hill on a cafeteria tray one of them had. I probably only had a shot of whisky in each cup. I'm not sure. Either way, that was probably the most I ever drank at once.

Now, I usually just have one glass of whiskey and 7-Up on Christmas. Perhaps a Mike's Hard Berry or something like that at a summer picnic. Sometimes when I'm in the grocery store, I think of buying some of those myself, but I don't feel like spending the money on it.

Qui-Long Gone
05-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Does Diet Tab count as girly?

....I wouldn't know because I don't drink it, just asking...:rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I just heard something from Dr. Dean Edell on the radio. Apparently, alcohol helps boost the antioxidants in fruit, so those fruity alcoholic drinks are actually good for you!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I just heard something from Dr. Dean Edell on the radio. Apparently, alcohol helps boost the antioxidants in fruit, so those fruity alcoholic drinks are actually good for you!

Good news then MSP, it'll be Cirrhosis and not cancer that claims me (as I sip from my Smirnoff Berry Arctic Ice Flavor).

I had a Margarita the other night. Wasn't impressed by the Tequila aftertaste. I guess I'll stick to Mike's Hard Lemonade, Sminoff, wine, and other assorted fruity rum drinks.

Slicker
05-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Since I've come to Japan I've gotten hooked on chu-hi's. They're fruity but they will get you f**ked up beyond belief!! They've got like 40 something flavors and they're all basically yummy. They're dirty cheap as well which makes for a cheap night of drinking.

jjreason
05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Is that pronounced "Chewies"? If so, you'd kill the guys with comedy if you howled like a Wookie every time you ordered a round. :thumbsup: :D

UKWildcat
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm having some Sangria right now, which is pretty damn girly.

TeeEye7
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
...Sangria...

ˇOlé! ˇBebidas de las chicas!

UKWildcat
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
No comprendo?!?!?

Beverage of the chicks? perhaps?

TeeEye7
02-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Significa lo siguiente:

"Woo! Hoo! Girly drinks!

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 06:29 AM
No comprendo?!?!?

Beverage of the chicks? perhaps?

Significa lo siguiente:

"Woo! Hoo! Girly drinks!

They are one in the same

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-21-2008, 11:30 AM
I am not too keen on beer yet. Although as LTB mentions Smirnoff Triple Black, it is supposedly a drink that can lead to a taste acquisition of beer. I tried one a year or two back and I can't say it has lead me to become a beer aficionado.

Lately, I have been having Stoli or Smirnoff Orange with 7-Up mixed together.

Applebee's has a great fruity (in more ways then one) drink called an "Orange Dream" with Nivea and Vanilla Ice Cream. A Key Lime Pie drink has some unknown Lime alcohol and Vanilla Ice Cream. I try not to have too many for I do not trust drinks that raise my cholesterol.

jedi master sal
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
I rarely drink alcohol anymore as it elevates my heart rate. On the RARE occasion I do, it's tame and one of the "fruity" drinks.

When my fiancee and I go out to Olive Garden I may get the raspberry martini they serve. It's mostly ice cream with some raspberry flavored liquor, the glass rimmed with graham crackers and the drink topped with a piece of raspberry soft candy. This doesn't get my heart racing so I can drink it, but just one. besides, since I'm drinking it with dinner, that helps to dilute the effects.

That may sound wimpy to some of you, but I need to take care of my heart and won't succumb to peer pressure when it comes to alcohol. (My dad being a drunk helped me make the decision not to be a drinker as well.)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Starwberry daiquiris, just to jump on the thread, but when I really wanted to get wasted, I'd just chase a double shot of 151 down with 2 MGDs.

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I do not consume alcohol anymore....

Really? Has thr pasin from ducking has dusbuisdeeded yet???

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Starwberry daiquiris, just to jump on the thread, but when I really wanted to get wasted, I'd just chase a double shot of 151 down with 2 MGDs.
You drank 151 straight? Years ago, I filled up the cap, so just a small amount, and tried drinking it and I think I spit most of it back out. I almost choked on it. It tasted like burning! I can't imagine what Everclear would do.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
You drank 151 straight? Years ago, I filled up the cap, so just a small amount, and tried drinking it and I think I spit most of it back out. I almost choked on it. It tasted like burning! I can't imagine what Everclear would do.

It's been some time and I probably couldn't do it today, but yes back in the day I loved the stuff. I could do 3 or 4 of the double shots, and after the first shot and the 2 beers the burn from the later shots was pretty much non existant. Alot of ppl have the same reaction to it that you did so I'm not surprised. It's a pretty rough drink. My sister had a small sip once and it made her puke.

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Everclear will start off with a small burning sensation in your chest. Then it will expand quickly covering most of your body. It will clear your sinuses and cure whatever ails you.

jedi master sal
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
OOH Bacardi 151! Now THAT was my drink when I did drink (again not getting drunk though).

When I was in the Navy and stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, I would go in with 5 other guys every week to buy booze and food. Alcohol was cheap. A 5th of 151 was $7. Needless to say a LOT of people drank there.

I loved the taste of 151 and would drink it straight. Guys used to make "boiler makers" with it.

Do not do this at home kiddies...
Boiler Maker (aka Dr. Pepper from Hell):
Pour a shot of 151
light it aflame
drop it into a glass of soda (Dr. Pepper most of the time, but Coke works too)
Drink! (Be sure NOT to get any on your chin. If the flame wasn't put out when you dropped the shot into the glass of soda, you can burn yourself, BAD. I saw it happen several times. Thankfully I avoided that myself.

Again, this is not to be tried if you're not being careful and especially if you are a minor!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
OOH Bacardi 151! Now THAT was my drink when I did drink (again not getting drunk though).

When I was in the Navy and stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, I would go in with 5 other guys every week to buy booze and food. Alcohol was cheap. A 5th of 151 was $7. Needless to say a LOT of people drank there.

I loved the taste of 151 and would drink it straight. Guys used to make "boiler makers" with it.

Do not do this at home kiddies...
Boiler Maker (aka Dr. Pepper from Hell):
Pour a shot of 151
light it aflame
drop it into a glass of soda (Dr. Pepper most of the time, but Coke works too)
Drink! (Be sure NOT to get any on your chin. If the flame wasn't put out when you dropped the shot into the glass of soda, you can burn yourself, BAD. I saw it happen several times. Thankfully I avoided that myself.

Again, this is not to be tried if you're not being careful and especially if you are a minor!

DUDE! You're speaking my language now. Of course it's been some time since I've had one. Might f**k me up now. Probably not though.:Ponder:

I've seen several ppl burn themselves by being careless with those.

Kidhuman
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
We used to drink flaming Dr.Peppers

7/8ths shot of 151, topped off with amaretto
1/2 mug beer, splash of coke
Drop Shot into and chug. Damn good.

One night I was working late at my job. It was the night before Thanksgiving and I got off work at 10pm. I was meeting my friends at the bar. When I got there(after smoking a blunt while dirving there) they were whacked out and wanted me to play catch up. I ordered 5 of those and banged them out one after another. If I did that today, I would stop my heart

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Dammit, now I wanna go out and get one....but I'm not.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Fire bad. :(

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 09:33 PM
A buddy and I were at a party in the dorm room of a girl he liked. We experienced 151 for the first time. Neither of us were novices; we both had done a fair amount of drinking and it took a good deal of alcohol to get to us. I took a sip first, did a double-take, and yelled, "S***! That's strong!"

He called me a wuss and took a huge swig. Then he made a funny face. Two minutes later, he was passed out on the couch for the duration of the evening.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
A buddy and I were at a party in the dorm room of a girl he liked. We experienced 151 for the first time. Neither of us were novices; we both had done a fair amount of drinking and it took a good deal of alcohol to get to us. I took a sip first, did a double-take, and yelled, "S***! That's strong!"

He called me a wuss and took a huge swig. Then he made a funny face. Two minutes later, he was passed out on the couch for the duration of the evening.

What a lightweight. I don't care what you've drank in the past unless it was uncle Cooter's home made moonshine, if you don't respect the 151..it will ***** slap you. :D

bigbarada
02-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Daquiri's, Jolly Ranchers, Long Island Ice Teas I like all of those drinks.

As for beers, I'm not super picky, but free beer is usually my favorite.:yes:

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2008, 06:46 AM
My wife got this drink called a "Shark Bite" this past weekend. Its blue something so that it looks like ocean water and then they dump "blood" into it at your table to turn it a purpley color. It tasted like a melted bombpop. I regretted ordering a Sam Adams at that point.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I used to work at TGI Fridays and ended up "sampling" quite a few drinks, but the ones that I would order now would be a margarita on the rocks with no rim, and this thing called a Hawaiian Volcano, this orangish-reddish thing topped with a bunch of fruit. Oh yeah, the June Bug. Having a sweet tooth, I like all the sweet and or fruity drinks.

pegger
06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Having Martini's tonight. Tomorrow - MARGARITA'S!!!!

JimJamBonds
06-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I remember about 7-8 years ago I was in a group of guys that were out and the bartender was saying that Alabama Slammers are girly. I still don't understand why since there is plenty of shots in one of those.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I used to work at TGI Fridays and ended up "sampling" quite a few drinks, but the ones that I would order now would be a margarita on the rocks with no rim, and this thing called a Hawaiian Volcano, this orangish-reddish thing topped with a bunch of fruit. Oh yeah, the June Bug. Having a sweet tooth, I like all the sweet and or fruity drinks.

I love fruity drinks to. I have never acquired a taste for beer so while the friends sit and order brewskis, I have to endure stares from drinking Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Hard Lemonade and the occasional Flavored Vodka with 7Up. Once in a while I will go for the Key Lime Pie or Orange Dream drink at Applebee's and indulge in all of its creamy goodness.

RUSHBOY
06-16-2008, 11:24 PM
When I'm playing craps in Vegas (5 dollar table) hehe I like to order a Pina Colada !!