PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Customs

LTBasker
01-31-2002, 02:37 AM
I thought a LEGO custom thread would be a good thread to have, and I don't mean just SW customs, just any LEGO custom set you have and want to show off or talk about or trade tips/tricks with others.

Currently, I'm working on a ship design for a fleet series of mine, it's called the Zunar series and the ship I'm working on now if the Zunar-G which will be around 2' long and will have two major sections, the lab section and the command section. The sections will be able to come apart somewhat like the Misson on Mars Solar Explorer. The lab section will also have 3 smaller sections on the back of it that can come off when needed. The sections will be escape pods, cargo, then engineering. The command section will be similar to the Solar Explorer's section but way better. This will have 3-4 sets of landing gears; regular wheels gear that will be retractable, skis that fold down, and a set of struts that will also fold down, I might add an extra set but I think I've got it covered. :)

The escape pods aren't really that great, basically they're just chairs with 1x1x1 rockets under them and they blast through a trap door on the roof.

Now if anyone else wants to join and share their LEGO custom descriptions or something, feel free to. I hope this thread isn't against the rules or anything. :D

JediTricks
02-01-2002, 01:17 AM
Seems cool to me!

I recently changed my mini-Valkyrie (still haven't decided on a real name) when I found that the robot mode's lower legs' rubber bands had already disintergrated. The problem was, the lower legs hinge up AND out to fit the body in jet mode, but this makes them loosey-goosey in robot mode. Without rubber bands, the figure would topple when standing, so I had to add a technic L-shaped piece with a 2+rod sticking out the top and a plug/half-plut on the other part of the L so it can rotate around without coming out and then use the 2+rod to slide in and lock into place when in robot mode or stick out in a different orientation (unlocked) in jet mode. This is a big disappointment because now the transformation requires a higher amount of intricate fiddling than I wanted, but the final result is even tighter than the rubber band version.

Another vehicle I did was basically my last-gasp, using the last of my LEGO pieces up to do it. This created a vehicle that had a few colors I didn't want, but it came out pretty nicely. It's kinda like a fatter, hammerhead version of the Prowler from Farscape, the base color is black and there's an entire layer of white because I ran out of pieces, and then a good portion of the detail is brown because I simply ran out of other colors of sloped bricks. The "Vindicator" has a 2-person cockpit (sadly, the canopy had to be green, not a pretty sight), the front seat has a center control panel/stick (the yellow detail piece that drives the vehicle that comes with the Lego X-wing) the rear seat rotates around and has a control panel in the back. The engine exhaust is a large rectangle with 2 small dishes and an inverted black dish in the center. The underside is pretty involved, it's fairly sleek and has a large opening bay with a claw arm inside. Behind the claw arm bay is a larger area, a rounded reactor section with an exhaust port in the back (created by one of those 4x1 gates in front of a red brick). The nose is pretty long and the aft is pretty abrupt - I wouldn't want to be that RIO officer in a firefight - not much between you and space. ;) On either side of the cockpit is a cannon created by two of those 1x1 bricks with a horizontal hole put together and an opaque gray lightsaber rod through them, this is the only body weaponry on the ship. The main gimmick of the Vindicator is a pair of wings that are a cross between a Klingon Bird of Prey's and the aforementioned Farscape Prowler, the Vindicator's wings can pivot up or down on clicky bricks to shield the body or make a BOP type "hover" configuration, each wing has twin guns on the front made by 1/2 technic plugs. The wings are just long plates with those weird angle-brace things on the front (the angle-braces are those pieces that came with the airborn Extreme Team sets), not terribly complicated, but the final look is effective IMO. This fighter isn't the largest or most heavily armed, but it is a major departure for me in Lego fighter design.

Next time, I'll blather on endlessly about my stealth-boat. ;) :crazed:

Paul-Kenobi
02-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I have made my own little lego line the

Episode 7 Attack Of Nemaises Line, some are still being built. If anyone wants to see them when there finished i would love to post pics here.

( PS some of the sets i built my self have mixed color in them so dont spect a one color set will besides the N1 Starfighter.... )

JediTricks
02-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Yeah, we'd love to see your work, and if you do diorama with your work, talk to SSG's diorama editor ACPin, you could get your work highlighted in the SSG news.

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2002, 10:02 PM
i can't do Dioramas cuase there to hard to deal with but here are some of the pics

Wave 1

Paul-Kenobi With Lightsaber and comlink

Jona-Katana with lightsaber

Darth Nemasies with red asto saber ( just a plan red saber)

ships

Paul Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter with Paul Jona and R2D2

Darth Nemasies LX destoryer ship ( i used parts of the gungan sub for it)

Hwan-Ten Sono's X1 starfighter ( i used part of the gungan sub for this also)

Naboo N1 starfighter with Pul and R2 fig

Darth Nemasies Death Speeder

Battle Droid Army

first up LX destoryer

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Death Speeder

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2002, 10:05 PM
X1 Starfighter

Paul-Kenobi
02-06-2002, 10:35 PM
my Jedi Starfighter

Note a BIG thanks gose out to Mr. M Elison, ( even though i just used the picture for resorce to building the fighter) i would like to thank him. Without his Version of it i could of never built this fighter.

JediTricks
02-07-2002, 03:30 AM
Pretty cool! One thing I really liked about the Gungan Sub when I first got it was how cool the ejectable cockpit was and how both halves looked exciting. Clearly I'm not the only one. ;)

Your Jedi Starfighter looks really good, the one thing about the official one that worries me is how large the aft section is - on yours, you've kept it nice and accurately sized.

Paul-Kenobi
02-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Thank you very much, yeah i studyed the diogram for two weeks and it toke five days to build it, there where alot of problems that hit me with the undernether of the Fighter, so i had to change it around a bit but i really like it.