PDA

View Full Version : Which Endor trooper is rarer?

tagmac
10-18-2006, 07:44 PM
The white or the black one? I got the white guy from KB today, but so far none of the stores by me have gotten them in for me to hunt the black variant (and i'm not gonna try ordering one again, because KB had the latter one pictured, but sent me the former).

Darth Jax
10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
both - i've yet to see either one

mtriv73
10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
They're allegedly shipping in equal numbers, but if you have an extra white one I'll be happy to trade with you because I haven't seen one yet.

BlueSnags
10-18-2006, 09:54 PM
It seems like the white one is rarer around these parts.

El Chuxter
10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I think it's like the red and blue Imperial Guards from the first wave of ROTS figures, and it depends on where you are. I've only seen the Afro-Naboo one, but I know people in other areas have only seen the Caucasooinian. Give it time. You'll find both eventually.

jedi master sal
10-19-2006, 01:35 AM
I've found 3 brown skinned and only 1 pale skinned Endor troopers.

Only two other reports of finds in my area have found just the brown skinned one as well.

So for me, in my area, it's the pale one that's the rarer of the two.

shammykenobi
10-19-2006, 07:19 AM
The naboo wave has yet to show up anywhere near me...plenty of re-stock on HV and GB...which makes no sense at all...collector tins are here (athens, ga) though....but only the prequel ones.

Devo
10-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I ordered 2 of each off r2dtoys but only got the white one, so I've been thinking the black one is rarer.

Slicker
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I've only seen the trooper once and I got the cracker one.

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
It's a running change, so at first the black trooper will be more rare as its shipping cycle ramps up, then the white trooper will be more rare as its shipping cycle slows, then they'll be even money once they both stop shipping - just like Saga Han Hoth blue vs brown coat.

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Found three white ones at K-Mart today. None of the black ones in sight. This was only two miles from the Wal-Mart where the opposite was the case a few weeks ago.

2-1B
10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I can't say I approve of Hasbro's segregationist tactics.

Blue2th
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
I been seein' alot mo of dose "crackah" soldiers then da black ones. Waz-up wif it?

rbaumhauer
10-20-2006, 12:29 AM
All I know is that the black version I pre-ordered from BBTS has been in for weeks, but no white version so far, and I'm holding shipping until it arrives.

Jayspawn
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I found the white trooper. The wave had been picked over when I got to it but I'm sure the black one was there too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I found both of them in my neck of the woods, a few of each. I already got the cracker from BBTS, so i don't care. As long as I have one, I don't need to hunt variants.

Does that make me racist? :( lol

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Just saw one whitey at Target today.

Now I'm thinking of that old SNL sketch, but with altered lyrics. "Gonna find me a Wal-Mart and buy all the whiteys I see."

Actually I only need one more and a couple a black ones and that will do. Maybe if they become more abundant, I can pick up some more. However, combined with the two POTF2 and four Saga, four of these will give me ten total. That should be plenty of Endor soldiers.

Kidhuman
10-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I say both as I havent found any of them yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I've seen the Honky Trooper on two occasions, and the Brother-man Trooper not at all. From what I've heard, these are shipping two to a case, but they're either both black or both white. I really want to get the second variant so there can finally be some freakin' diversity in the dioramas, aside from unmasked clones and the lonely Naboo Royal Guard.

Kidhuman
10-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I say both as I havent found any of them yet.

Well, I finally found 1/2 this wave tonight. They had 4 afro-american troopers and no caucasian troopers.

plasticfetish
10-20-2006, 09:29 PM
It's a running change, so...That makes a lot of sense. Hoping that's why I haven't seen the black trooper yet. There've been tons of the white guy around.

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 09:46 PM
"Afro-American"... really, you couldn't do better than that? :p

Afro: a poofy, curly hairstyle.
American: a nationality not found in a galaxy far, far away.

(yes, I know "Afro-American" has been an accepted usage in the past, but it sounds silly and doubly so in SW connotations.)

El Chuxter
10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
So that would make Luke Cage in the 1970s Hero For Hire comic an Afro-American, but Luke Cage in New Avengers would not be, right?

plasticfetish
10-20-2006, 10:01 PM
and doubly so in SW connotations.Exactly!

So that would make Luke Cage in the 1970s Hero For Hire comic an Afro-American, but Luke Cage in New Avengers would not be, right?Exactly!

:)

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM
So that would make Luke Cage in the 1970s Hero For Hire comic an Afro-American, but Luke Cage in New Avengers would not be, right?What is with you and these mega-geek comic references lately? :p I dunno, I never read either title, but you're just referring this hairstyle being outta sight back in the day and now cueball in the modern incarnation, aren't you.

El Chuxter
10-21-2006, 12:28 PM
The "answer me that, Mr Green Lantern" was because whenever I say "answer me that," I always think "Mr Green Lantern" afterward, and, if I'm speaking, usually say it without thinking.

The Luke Cage ref was partly inspired by the hella cool Marvel Legends figure I got recently, my slight frustration that the incredibly easy "modern" Cage could've been an easy variant (and far more interesting than yet another recolored Iron Man), and because the blaxploitation cover of Hero for Hire #1 comes to my mind when I think of afros. Dude, that is the epitome of cheesy '70s fashion (though an awesome read).

Okay, the 'fro wasn't quite so pronounced early on. But, damn, that outfit would make Superfly and Shaft jealous!

tagmac
10-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Update: Since starting this thread, I finally found the wave at K-Mart yesterday. They had about a half-dozen of the white trooper, but no black ones. Judging by the number of figures there, I'm guessing 3-4 cases were put out, so either the black trooper didn't ship, or he was shortpacked, and bought before I got there. Since there were no Lukes, Mauls, Gargraas, or Pod Racers, it'c clear the pegs had been gone through already. Either that, or it was a different case assortment, which is possible considering they also had a lot of Momaw Nadon and Han Solo, but none of the others from the Tatooine wave.

I did pick up another Rep Been to pose one on either side of Boss Nass (which got me the last holo I needed, that of the Fleet Trooper, to give me a complete set of red and blue holos, since getting the red Han and Fett I needed with my KB order). Thought about getting Vader, but I'm suspicious it's the same figure as the see-through one we got before, only with the lightning effect, and a slight change to the hand, so I left it.

kool-aid killer
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Ive only seen the Endor troopers once, at a Walmart last week. There was three of them there, and all three were the black trooper. I took two of them, and hope to find two white ones in the future to go along with them. So far, this wave has been the most difficult to track down in 2006.