PDA

View Full Version : 8 carded AOTC figures

xboywonder
01-31-2002, 09:53 AM
What does everyone think about these carded pics from ebay of the 8 figures...

C-3P0 removable plating ??

Jango removable helmet ??

There are a couple that look kinda nice to me... I like the blue cards ??

Thoughts?

8 Carded figures (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=39)

brentfett
01-31-2002, 09:58 AM
All right. Now that we have seen the 8 carded AOTC figures being auctioned on Ebay, what do you think? I am trying so hard not to just out and out bash every new figure, but it's tough. I mean, they couldn't even put out a decent new C-3PO. I think that take apart plating is lame. Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan are atrocious. R2-D2 looks like pretty much a total re-sculpt. Kit Fisto looks pretty good, although I am so sick of that tentacles-out-of-the-head alien look. Jango looks OK, does anyone know if his helmet is removable in the Sneak Preview version? I was looking forward to the Super Battle Droid, but now that I see it, I am unimpressed. I was hoping for a hipper design like the Destroyer droid or something. Oh well. Feel free to vent!

mark2d2
01-31-2002, 10:08 AM
Okay, the Super Battle Droid looks incredibly stupid . . . But that's more a Lucas screw-up, than Hasbro. It appears to be straight out of the Transformer era. Lame. Lame. Lame!

As for the others, wish I could see these a little more clearly . . . Still though, it's very cool to see them at all at this point.

The C3PO with covering "could" be awesome. Can't tell yet.

What is the Action Feature on R2D2? I can't quite make it out . . .

Can't wait to see these up close and in more detail.

PS -- considering what they are and that we are at least three months away from their release, the $210 price that they went for was actually much less than I expected . . .

JEDIpartner
01-31-2002, 10:09 AM
But I certainly haven't!! I'm going to go there right now...!!!

CrossWizard
Can't...hold...long.....carded...figures....too... strong,can't...resist!!

Dammit, I knew once I saw the finished product carded, I was gonna start to get excited, so far Obi Wan, R2D2, Jango and C-3P0 look good.

pthfnder89
Well Brentfett, I have to say that most of the things you mentioned don't have anything to do with Hasbros decisions. The Super Battle Droid was designed by Lucasfilm, not them.

The R2D2 is, well, R2D2. I mean really, how can they make him any different? They at least tried to give him a new feature in Ep1, but since Lucas cut out the scene where he uses his rockets, the toy didnt really make any sense.

Padme and Anakin, I agree, look just as bad as they did in all the other pics. Obi-Wan on the other hand, I've always thought doesn't look too bad, I just REALLY don't like the magnet feature (name me ONE toy that used magnets like that which worked..)

I think Kit Fisto loooks pretty good too, and this Jango is better than the Preview version (Im pretty sure the Previews helmet isnt removable BTW)

Lastly, I REALLY like the new C3PO. FINALLY, Hasbro is able to do something different with him, after soooo mant sculpts of the same thing. This one looks really interesting.

Anyway, those are my thoughts:)

CrossWizard
01-31-2002, 10:12 AM
Check the main SirSteve page JEDI.

pthfnder89
01-31-2002, 10:14 AM
I agree, they look very nice on the new cards.

I can't wait to see some better pics of them, where you can actually see some detail.

xboywonder
01-31-2002, 10:17 AM
I think the C3P0 figure would probably look really bulky and unproportioned with all the snap-on plating... I really hope they resculpt him with the plating attached.

JEDIpartner
01-31-2002, 10:23 AM
Okay... Jango is better than the preview version. I think it's pretty lame that they would make two different Jangos. Oh, well. Anakin and Padme (the most important characters of this installment) look like crappity-crap-crap! Obi-Wan is not horrible. Kit Fisto is a big smelly, wet parp in humid weather. As always... I love Artoo and Threepio. I know you can't do much with Artoo, but I'm sure this will be an improvement over E1 Artoo and CERTAINLY an improvement over the POTF2 Artoo. The CT Artoo wasn't bad, but I didn't care for the decals, which curl up off the dome. Super-Battle Droid... why not. "Super" just makes it sound more cheesy... which is what most of this line is!!!

As far as the $210 starting bid... "Whatever!!!"

pthfnder89
01-31-2002, 10:24 AM
I dont think he'll be too bulky Xboywonder. Remember how skinny the EP1 C3PO was? that's how this one will be without the plates, so he should look ok with them on. (thats *if* Hasbro actually makes them so they stay on correctly;) )

pthfnder89
01-31-2002, 10:27 AM
LOL. I was thinking that too JediPartnr; I can just imagine Anakin yelling "oh no! it's a SUPER battle droid master!"

Granted they probably won't actually be refered to as "super" in the actual movie, but still, it makes me laugh.

xboywonder
01-31-2002, 10:28 AM
I wonder if the plating is hard or rubbery??... and when you attach it will he look right from all angles??

guess we'll have to wait and see.

snakeplkn
01-31-2002, 10:30 AM
the good ...

Jango Fett for once isn't doing the splits, finally a removable helmet. Looks like a smooth criminal.

How can anyone bash C-3PO, he looks great. I enjoyed the Episode I C-3PO, and this is just as good. The detachable plating can also make for great "destroyed C-3PO."

the bad ...

R2D2, do we really need another one? Honestly who bought the POTJ sculpt?

"Gangsta Gangsta" Padme doesn't look so good in the packaging, maybe better opened?

Kit "I'm mean and I'm Green" Fisto doesn't improve on the Eeth Koth ideal.

the ugly ...

"Bedsheet" Anakin, I am assuming that the bedsheet can be taken off to make for "Count of Monte Christo" Anakain. Maybe his mini-bake oven can make some cookies.

"Super Duper Stupid" Battle Droid, feels like he came out of a bad Star Trek episode from the 1960's.

"Dance Dance" Obiwan and his ceiling fan, ever since he was the first shown, still the worst Episode II figure.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Post Script: There is way too much plastic on these cards. Shame on you Hasbro for ruining a idea that worked for nearly 25 years and now causing more garbage waste.

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2002, 10:47 AM
I will admit I am not too pleased with all of these, but I don't think they are horrible like some fans.
I will definately have to get the Jango, and I think the C3PO is pretty cool with the detachable coverings and all.
The line isnt horrible, but I do think that Hasbro will have to do some work in improving the line if they want to sell these things like hotcakes.

brentfett
01-31-2002, 10:56 AM
OK, maybe I ws a bit hard on the C3-PO. I just kept thinking of the removable plating in terms of Ketwol's pants, which I could NOT stand!

SirSteve
01-31-2002, 10:57 AM
Hasbro made me remove the picture. If someone were to post them here, I couldn't stop that.

;)

JEDIpartner
01-31-2002, 11:04 AM
Oh, my!! Look what fell out of my pocket!!

mark2d2
01-31-2002, 11:04 AM
Snakeplkn: Sorry, Dude. But there is no way that Hasbro can do Episode II figs and not make R2D2. He's a major character. And kids ALWAYS want an R2 so we just have to live with that.

As for the others, the C3Po could be interesting...

I can't see enough detail yet to make an accurate judgement.

Beast
01-31-2002, 11:08 AM
Wow, nice to finally see some finished carded pics. They all look great. Vast improvment over the unpainted prototypes. I wish the photo was a tad clearer, but Im sure that clearer pics will start to leak out soon. I guess we know now for sure, who the first 8 figures will be in collection 1. My thoughts on each follow.

Jango Fett: Cool, a removable helmet. Nice touch. And the stance appears more normal looking, unless thats just how he's placed in the bubble. I hope it's less extreme, to please all of the anti-action posed fans.

R2-D2: Looks great, but it's usually hard to screw up astromechs, other then the dreadful R5-D4. I can't tell whats in the package with him, attachable battle damage?

Padme: Not my favorite of the 8 figures, but a nice looking figure. The stance is akward, but I'm sure that we'll get a more relaxed stance resculpt soon.

C-3PO: I love the removable plating idea, but I'm not to sure about the "naked" C3-PO. Where is all his color? The E1 figure was great, I dunno why they didnt use that as a base for the removable plating version.

Super Battle Droid: What can I say, I love droids. And this one looks pretty cool. It kinda looks a bit like a Darktrooper, which I think looks great. An army of these, with my Darktrooper in command will make a great EU diorama.

Kit Fisto: Looks good, I was worried after seeing the unpainted prototype, god that thing looked horrible. His stance looks fine, and the paint job is great.

Obi-Wan: Looks good, but we have seen final pictures of the figure before. He looks a little better now, seeing him finished on the card.

Anakin: Hmm, I wish they had posed him differently in the bubble, it's hard to tell how good or bad the figure is. Plus posed in that position, you can't see the extendible light saber. Again, one of my least favorite of the 8 figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
01-31-2002, 11:19 AM
C-3po seems to have rubber slip ons...

R2 D2- seems to have a pair of chains... ???

Jango, has the same rocket pack as the 300th Boba Fett, as the rocket is present on left side of packaging...

Super Droid, is not StarWars... That is so freaking lame... GL what are you thinking!!!

Beast
01-31-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Super Droid, is not StarWars... That is so freaking lame... GL what are you thinking!!!

How can you say somthing isn't Star Wars, it's George's baby. Besides, some blurry shot of an action figure shouldn't cause such rejection. Trust me, when you see these babies in action, you'll be amazed. I think everyone needs to relax, and not judge things to harshly until they see the movie. But here is a picture of the original design idea for the Super Battle Droid. Looks like it's pretty close to the movie and figure final design, other then the color change.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
01-31-2002, 11:36 AM
You're right... I should'nt judge so quickly...

It's just I've learnt from life to always expect things not so great in toys until I have them....

That way when I get it I will be more impressed from the little I expected... ;)

I hope you understand my point...

OC47150
01-31-2002, 11:42 AM
Just from the pictures the new figures look pretty cool. But I will wait to give judgement until I see them in person.

Beast
01-31-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
You're right... I should'nt judge so quickly...
It's just I've learnt from life to always expect things not so great in toys until I have them....
That way when I get it I will be more impressed from the little I expected... ;)
I hope you understand my point...

Makes sense, I understand what you mean. I probably expect to much, so thats why I try to look on the bright side for the new figures. Heck, I even happen to like the Eeth Koth figure. :)

Like I said, all 8 of them look great to me. I'm just not to impressed with C-3PO's color, or with the Padme and Anakin figures. But since they are main charecters, I see resculpts in the future anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2002, 12:17 PM
I agree with you, Jar Jar. I think these figures look very good, but there will always be more resculpts on the way. Look at how they did the EP1 toys. How many Qui Gonns did we get? Obi Wans?
Queens? Darth Mauls? On and on it goes. We will get more of these main characters in new sculpts, so Hasbro has some more time to get it right.
Of course you cannot please everyone, but personally I like these figures and I cant wait for April 23rd to take these babies home.

Lord Tenebrous
01-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Why are they repacking the jetpack missile with Jango? It cheapens the 300th Boba.

I'll probably paint the C-3PO to match the photo, because that plastic is much too pale in places.

Hit-and-miss. Typical.

Jargo
01-31-2002, 12:47 PM
i don't doubt that in the hand these will look beautifully sculpted and highly detailed. They still stink as toys though. jango doesn't look that diferent from the preview figure in the leg department. Not as extreme but still with wide legs. And still with both arms out front and center. Still, at least the helmet is removable. That's something at least. R2 is just one more R2 to add to the collection of never ending R2-D2's that have nothing special about them. C-3PO looks awful in that picture. This is the same C-3PO from episode one is it? I suppose it does constitute a play feature which is bloody rare these days so that's a half mark to hasbro.
Padme still looks like ***** as does Anakin. Obi... Obi..... pass.
Superdroid. Hmmmmm..... Too dark to decimate properly but looks like a mish mash of designs just thrown together to see what came out. Looks top heavy too wonder how it stands. Kermit Fisto looks too happy to be a serious Jedi warrior. Looks as if he's taking part in the Muppet show finale.

Nothing here that makes me want to open the wallet and slap the cash on the counter for 'em.

And before you start getting righteous again JarJar yes I can tell from these pictures that I don't like them. Yes I'm rejecting them as crap. And you can say something isn't star wars when it doesn't gel with everything else. You can take a stormtrooper and put him into any star wars scenario but the superdroid looks like something left over from lost in space which aint star wars.

Darth Ovori
01-31-2002, 01:13 PM
I'm looking at the picture again...

Now is it me, or doe's that new R2 look slightly bigger than usual compared to the other figures...

Hmmm.... O.K. I just checked mine POTF R2 with a regular POTF figure... And that R2 doe's seem to be bigger...

Can others also comment... ???

speedermike
01-31-2002, 01:23 PM
In my opinion, I won't judge what "is" and "isn't" Star Wars until all six movies have been finished. Star wars is still developing. We've only seen 4 out of 6 parts. I like the fact tha Lucas wants to add new and different design elements.

If there is one department that I have total faith in Lucas, it's design. Visually, the guy's a master director.

Even the weakest parts of TPM had amazing images.

I like these new figures. They really feel like toys. I would rather buy Star Wars toys, than Star Wars collectables any day!

Darth Evil
01-31-2002, 01:31 PM
Jango is my favourite of the eight, the removable helmet is very nice, the others I'm not so sure about.

Unit-01
01-31-2002, 01:40 PM
Damn Hasbro! These look good! I'm definately gettin Jango, SBD and Kit. Same with R2, last one I got was the pop-out lightsaber one! This one looks good. But wth does R2 have? The others I'll wait. Anakin, I doubt I'll get. You guys happy with this non-spread Jango now? :D

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Am I happy with the Jango?
You shouldnt have to ask me that.

gibbspaulus
01-31-2002, 01:58 PM
:D Okay, when I get teased about buying toys I have to stand up and waffle on about 'collecting memorabilia' and such, as befits my 29 years.

NOt tonight, though...

After seeing the pictures I feel like I did when my local toy shop suddenly thrust a Speeder bike Pilot in the window as the first Jedi figure!

I'm ten again!

INDIANA
01-31-2002, 02:02 PM
This really helps me choose what I will spend my money on in April. They have to make a different Padme and Anakin so I think I will pass on these. R2 as well. Obi-Wan I will still wait to decide. The others I will probably buy.

This was eluded to earlier but .....doesn't some of these figures look a little....big? If Hasblo has really screwed with the scale again it will just tick me off more.

Again...like the Clone Trooper...doesn't the Super Battle Droid look very familiar...like.. the "new" Robot from Lost In Space????

browndroid
01-31-2002, 02:08 PM
well, jango looks pretty good....i'll definetly buy them, of course, but i think they could of done a better job...

Paul-Kenobi
01-31-2002, 03:12 PM
I Just saw the Pictures from E Bay and i can tell you i'm buyin them all I mean come on they dont look THAT BAD! i like them there cool lookin, if you look at it really good there not all bad.

and the Super Battle Droid is alright lookin:D

I soport the "I like the Attack Of The Clone Figures" :D

Valenz
01-31-2002, 04:41 PM
I just blew up the photo and have these observations:

JANGO: It looks like he has the twin guns of the first preview release, but he also has the rocket from the 300th Fett. Jango's oval sticker says "With Rocket-Firing Backpack". He also looks to be holding some kind of grappling hook accessory. The body mold appears to be the same wide stance as the preview one though. I'd seriously doubt the Preview figure has a removable helmet, tho.

R2-D2: His inset sticker says "Try Me" and "Electronic XXXX" with XXXX being unintelligible. A close inspection yields a circle in the center of the package slightly off color. I think he's an electronic whistling version and that circle is a TRY ME hole in the plastic. Note the "sound waves" sculpted into the tray packaging designed to seemingly emanate from his head. I just hope he's as articulated as the other astromechs that are coming out (and have come out since R2-Q2). His third leg probably doesn't retract. :-( At least they jointed it. At first I thought he came with something that looked like electrical damage, but they are almost black. With his feature being electronic I deduced that it was two groups of those "Assasin bugs" and that his electronic whistles are probably the alarm he sounds to Padme in that Coruscant scene. (I guess that's a spoiler, but the title does say spoiler in it!)

Padme's and Obi-Wan's oval stickers are kind of unintelligible as well, but we all know what they come with already.

C3-PO: He comes with what looks like a metal plate or box behind him. 3-PO's oval sticker says "With Removable Plates (or Parts?)" or something like that. I doubt they're rubber. They would be pretty hard to put on with his arm's "L"-bows if that's so.

SUPER BATTLE DROID: His oval sticker is much too jagged to read. His gun is DarkTrooper huge. I like it! I hope he's articulated like the older BD's. I think given the Stormtrooper to Darktrooper evolution that the SBD is a natural progression look-and-feel-wise. Wait until you see hom in action and you may feel differently.

KIT FISTO: The oval for him looks like it says "With Lightsaber" or maybe "Collector Box". It also looks like "With Force something" though it's really blurry. I can't really tell on that one. Reminds me of the awesome Plo Koon. He's Plo-tastic!

FARMER ANAKIN: Anakin's oval says "With Force something". Considering the auction says "Anakin with magnet" I'd guess it's something like opening the lid of that box or maybe his blaster is metal and he "summons" it. I'll reserve judgement for him until my son and I can play with him. I think the retractible lightsaber won't be as bad as people complain about. Besides, we'll get 4-5 more versions of him in that brown costume before Episode III comes out anyway. At least one is bound to be good.

CONCLUSIONS: Unlike many I am actually looking forward to any AOTC figures. I'd rather have more static poses with better articulation, but I won't complain until I can hold them in my hands. Besides, I can customize, so I don't care if they're not perfect. I can fix them...;-)

PV

Wolfwood319
01-31-2002, 04:50 PM
That R2 looks too big. I don't like the design of the Super Battle Droid or Kit Fisto. The Ani, Obi, and Padme still don't appeal to me. The Jango looks decent, but I liked the preview one better. That 3PO reminds me of this old robocop toy my brother has with "snap-on" armor. The word "crap" comes to mind when I look at them.

I still have no interest in these after seeing them in the package.

stillakid
01-31-2002, 05:09 PM
Figures aside, I'm not to keen about the cards themselves. Not that it's a big deal, but that powder blue is a cheesy color. It just doesn't say "cool" like a good red or black. I think that the poor cards are contributing to the feeling of poor figure quality. It's all about marketing...

Sidiously Darth
01-31-2002, 08:12 PM
So was anyone shocked that the links on the news item lead to ebay? Was anyone shocked at what was paid for them?

For me, no on both questions. Somebody has to be the first.

What does bother me is when other countries get new items before we do. The items usually come from Hong Kong or Japan. Sometimes they popup in other places as well.

Why do we seem to be less of a priority sometimes than other countries? Is Star Wars not an American Icon?

I wish everyone could get the stuff. But when half of this country can't even get the last 2 waves at their local discount store, something is wrong.:cry:

Does Hasbro:greedy: really care about us? You be the judge.:mad:

Sidiously Darth
01-31-2002, 08:22 PM
I know this is titled ATOC but it does include thoughts on the POTJ line. Sorry for the cross post.:stupid:

Emperor Howdy
01-31-2002, 10:01 PM
I don't know......I don't totally hate the packaging. Besides, eeeeeeeeeeeverybody has moaned for blue and here it is. I personally would've liked black, similar to vintage stuff, but.....

I'm 50/50 about the figs, though. The price will be the deciding factor for me..............:greedy:

chewie
01-31-2002, 10:22 PM
Droids have come in all shapes and sizes in SW. The super battle droid looks like it will fit in just like all the rest.

Why do C3PO's metal shell parts look light grey on the toyh when from all the pictures I've seen of him in EII (including the one on his card front), he looks almost charcoal black.

And R2 is way too big as has already been said.

snakeplkn
01-31-2002, 10:35 PM
MarkR2D2,

the name's Plissken, but about R2D2, do we honestly need him in the first run of figures? I have every R2 outside the POTJ sculpt and we're due to get another one for the reissued X-Wing. Isn't R5-D4 supposed to be Episode II? That's who should be made. Don't get me wrong, R2 is one of my favourite characters, the unassuming savior of the galaxy, I just want other droids.

And Jargo, take a chill pill daddy-o. Nothing but negativity lately. From the looks of it, Jango Fett may even best POTF2 Boba Fett.

Snake Plissken

snakeplkn
01-31-2002, 10:45 PM
Since Hasbro makes the figures in China, isn't it apparent someone is smuggling them out to Hong Kong and Singapore? It's a rather sad state of affairs when there is a black market for Star Wars figures.

Snake Plissken

mrhat
01-31-2002, 10:55 PM
What the heck? not only are you paying 26.25 per figure, its from singipore, so the shipping is going to be monstorious.

If Hasbro does as they did in 1999 with Episode 1, those figs plus more will be in great supply. Whopty-doo, 3 months early, woowey, not like anyone wont have them soon enough.

SithDroid
01-31-2002, 11:37 PM
Jango looks better than the preview version.

R2-D2 looks o.k., but do we really need another R2-D2?

Padme Amidal looks o.k. except that she looks tough as heck.

Super Battle Droid looks like a reject from the Lost In Space movie.

Kit Fisto looks very nice.

Obi-Wan doesn't look that bad either.

Anakin looks decent.

C-3P0 looks the coolest. I like the concept of the clap on armor.

The only real complait I would have about these figures is the wide stances and not enough articulation. I mean, look at Padmes arm. There isn't much you can do with it like that.

GNT
01-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
What does bother me is when other countries get new items before we do. The items usually come from Hong Kong or Japan. Sometimes they popup in other places as well.

Why do we seem to be less of a priority sometimes than other countries? Is Star Wars not an American Icon?

The figures are made in Hong Kong so they get them first :)pretty cool otherwise :)

LTBasker
01-31-2002, 11:48 PM
Anakin (Swash Buckler) - Just a statue, personally, and has only one working hand thanks to that lightsaber and it being super-thick.

Obi-Wan - Same as the prototype, bad bad bad. I dunno about you but I'm not too crazy about him not being able to hold anything that comes with other figures because of his dumb hand poses and plus even if we want a neutral Obi-Wan we have to wait or put him in dioramas in which he's exchanging the frickin lightbulbs in those hard to access light fixtures.

Padme - Am I the only one reminded of a cross between Slave Leia and General Leia by looking at this figure?

Kit Fisto - Eeth Koth wasn't enough?!

C-3PO - While I like the removable plating idea so that if we ever get a Sandcrawler we can litter it with the plates, or make our own watto's junkshop. Still, it looks like 3PO is the only one on Tatooine who has managed to stay out of the sun. They should've also gone with a better version of the E1 3PO.

R2-D2 - Looks out of proportion and I hope it doesn't come with the whistling sound and stuff, I mean that's like releasing the Hallmark ornament of R2 that came out for 2001 but adding articulation to it, and making it bigger than other R2s... Also it looks a bit too...bland.

Jango Fett - Yay, they're ripping off the 300th Fett rocket which also was lame because the rocket was boring, especially since it was as big as Fett himself and it hardly fired. So great, we're getting Jango Fett which has more detail AND a removable helmet for retail price when we had to pay $10 for the 300th Fett. The head detail, eh, ok, not bad, but detail isn't the key thing on action figures.

Super Battle Droid - Well, can't say much about this one, while a bigger battle droid would be expected from the Trade Federation as revenge, doesn't look quite like I imagined it would look... Still though, that's not Hasbro's fault, that's what George wanted so eh.... about the figure, I hope it doesn't suck since it is a droid.

The packaging - Still looks like generic packaging you'd see from bootleg companies and such.

Jayspawn
01-31-2002, 11:49 PM
I think Jango Fett looks pretty cool. The removable helmet is a real plus. Anakin and Padme still have the same stupid poses. Obi-Wan looks like crap! Kit Fisto looks pretty nifty. Kinda like Yoda and Bib Fortuna mashed together. Super Battle Droid? C-3PO, what happened? He looks like hell! The detail sucks big time compared to the Episode I version. R2-D2 looks like another R2-D2.

mark2d2
02-01-2002, 12:34 AM
I still don't get why everybody is all *****ing about them doing yet another R2. It's a no brainer. They have to do it. If you don't want it -- don't buy it. Hasbro is hoping that in addition to us a whole new crop of kids will be buying the toys and these kids will definitely want R2.

Also, I don't think he looks any bigger than the other versions. Look closely, he's just more centered in the blister so he's packed higher than the others. In other words his feet are not on the same level as the others so he appears to be up to their breastbone. This is all illusion. Trust me.

One thing though -- if he does have sound, won't he more than likely just be a repack of the old Power FX version from some years back? Although this would be a "clean" non sandy version. Any thoughts?

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 12:40 AM
I don't mind another R2, I'd like to see one with the astromech sculpts we've been getting, and have it be like a cleaner regular version of the R2 w/ holo Leia, but this R2 unit looks like they're copying Hallmark's ornament and also making the figure out of proportion to the rest.