PDA

View Full Version : Bully game being Bullied

Kidhuman
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Thge video game bully is going to have a hard time thanks ot some people who say the game shouldnt be released.

Isobars&:beard: (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/raskin/1906)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't get some people. If you don't want your children playing a violent game, then by God, don't let them play it. Plain and simple. It irks me that parents who don't want to take responsibility for their kids blame the game developers and stores versus just keeping an eye on your children.

And i love how non chalant Rockstar is about all this. A protest at their offices, their reaction, probably: "eh, another Thursday!" :thumbsup:

Edit: And after watching IGN's video review (an 8.8) this game is definately on top of my Christmas list. http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/746/746536/vids_1.html

then again, I have yet to beat GTA:SA or even open LCS. I should work on that in the meantime. :crazed:

General_Grievous
10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
This is a fun game. I don't understand why people give a damn. Even though it's GTA meets Harry Potter, it's not like it's "Columbine: the Game". BTW, why does the article say it comes out on the 27th? It's been out since Tuesday.

2-1B
10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Does Nelson Muntz make a cameo? Maybe as a hidden level boss or something?

Slicker
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, when parents let video games baby sit there children they're bound to get mad.

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
The article also says it's not rated but expecting an "M for Mature", even though it's already had a "T for Teen" for weeks now, been in the TV ads.

I really have no idea what to make of this game at this point, I saw it at Target yesterday, not selling very well from the looks of their stock.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
The article also says it's not rated but expecting an "M for Mature", even though it's already had a "T for Teen" for weeks now, been in the TV ads.

I really have no idea what to make of this game at this point, I saw it at Target yesterday, not selling very well from the looks of their stock.

Yeah, I think on walmart.com, it has an M rating.

and wait for the holidays man, anythin good game Rockstar has, it'll sell. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
The box has a "T for Teen" rating printed on it, WM cannot change that.

I can understand why some groups would be upset at the concept of this game, especially with so few parents taking responsibility for their kids' lives these days, but ultimately if a parent looks at the title and the back of that box and can't figure out it's not appropriate for their kids then the parent is the one at fault.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
The box has a "T for Teen" rating printed on it, WM cannot change that.

I stand corrected, it does say T for teen. I can remember a time when i was working in electronics at wally world last year and some X-Box 360 game came in with a T rating. We got word that developers had changed the rating, so we had to yank the game until they sent us new stickers for the front and back of the game that had M for mature. I wonder if this game will go through the same debacle. :lipsrsealed:

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I can remember a time when i was working in electronics at wally world last year and some X-Box 360 game came in with a T rating. We got word that developers had changed the rating, so we had to yank the game until they sent us new stickers for the front and back of the game that had M for mature.

Are you talking about Oblivion? We had to change that one at my job too. It went from T to M so we had to change the stickers on each copy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Are you talking about Oblivion? We had to change that one at my job too. It went from T to M so we had to change the stickers on each copy.

Yup, that was the one! I remember how they didn't tell us till days later, so i'm trying to ring up that special edition for a customer, like 75 bucks or whatever and it's like SALE DENIED! NO SALE! And i'm like, "yeah, i can't sell this.... (why?).......I don't really know."

we got a call/letter/e-mail like a week after it was blocked. Gotta love fast service like that! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
The stupid thing about that is, it was changed for one small part of the game that has a sexual comment. That's it.
Alot of trouble for nothing is what that was.

Lord Malakite
10-23-2006, 04:02 AM
This is a fun game. I don't understand why people give a damn. Even though it's GTA meets Harry Potter, it's not like it's "Columbine: the Game".
Obviously you never heard of Jack Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)), self proclaimed protector (and nut job crap slinger) of all things deemed unholy works of the devil, like say video games.

If there is one person to place blame on for putting Bully on center stage for public crucifixion it would have to be him.

General_Grievous
10-23-2006, 03:22 PM
We got word that developers had changed the rating, so we had to yank the game until they sent us new stickers for the front and back of the game that had M for mature. I wonder if this game will go through the same debacle. :lipsrsealed:

It probably won't. There are no guns in this game (even though there are spudguns and bottlerocket launchers, but that's just splitting hairs)no sex or nudity, and swearing is at a relative minimum (no use of "f**k" or "sh*t"). Nothing on the scale of "San Andreas".

Dar' Argol
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
See that's what I do not get. . . . has any of these nut jobs PLAYED the game or are they going off of assumtion??? The game is not really about Bullying people. Its about a school where they almost encourage the bullying and let others get away with it. And you as a troubled teen being sent there wants everyone to leave you alone . . .and so you go about stopping the bullies. I mean you get instantly busted if you hit a girl or torment the small children . . .this game is not that bad. I mean the Sims is worse then this.

I hate rejects who think they knwo what is best for the public yet they do not no exactly what it is they are trying to protect us from!

Dar' Argol
10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Obviously you never heard of Jack Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)), self proclaimed protector (and nut job crap slinger) of all things deemed unholy works of the devil, like say video games.

If there is one person to place blame on for putting Bully on center stage for public crucifixion it would have to be him.

Speaking of the Nut Job, check out this spot on G$'s the Loop between Jack and Adam Sessler . . .

Jack Tompson vs Adam Sessler (http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/629272/Jack_Thompson_vs_Adam_Sessler.html)

He tries to keep it going even after Kevin is trying to end the seagment . .

dindae
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
See that's what I do not get. . . . has any of these nut jobs PLAYED the game or are they going off of assumtion??? The game is not really about Bullying people. Its about a school where they almost encourage the bullying and let others get away with it. And you as a troubled teen being sent there wants everyone to leave you alone . . .and so you go about stopping the bullies. I mean you get instantly busted if you hit a girl or torment the small children . . .this game is not that bad. I mean the Sims is worse then this.

I hate rejects who think they knwo what is best for the public yet they do not no exactly what it is they are trying to protect us from!

I'm glad that's the case and see no reason for it to keep a T rating now. I guess since it was from Rockstar that I assumed the worst since the commercial neither specified one way or the other. That being said I don't like games that I play as a villian. I can accept being forced to do unscrupulous this for a good purpose in a game but I just don't get my kicks being randomly evil.