PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 15

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 4 {four} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, October 27th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 14 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, you may want to vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later add it to the list and edit if needed. Try to keep new questions as clear and concise as possible, and keep in mind Hasbro is not answering questions about potential specific 2007 figures at this point. Here are Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=220).

Questions we asked from the last round:
If Hasbro is "testing the waters" with the new Unleashed reissues, why release figures like Grievous who were easy to obtain the first time; why not the second (unmasked) Darth Vader, which you've said you know everyone wants and very few people were able to get? And if the retailers were largely concerned with the size of the Unleashed figures packaging, why re-release them in packaging that is about double the size, especially given that they would logically be a tougher sell at the 33% higher price?
Why aren't all the SW forum boards voting on the inclusion for next year's Greatest Hits line?
Lots of fans love both Jedi Starfighters and were looking foward to the AOTC Action Fleet release and then the ROTS Titanium 6" Ultra release, both were cancelled just before going into production but were tooled up. Could these be saved from limbo and presented as an exclusive special Titanium 2-pack?
Hasbro previously said in a Q&A they wouldn't be releasing any new Separatist Leaders in 2007, but when you do decide to visit these characters, instead of worrying about basic figures not selling, what about offering them as a set like the upcoming Death Star Imperial Briefing set? You could even do an AOTC set and an ROTS set.
Now that we're getting a super-articulated Super Battle Droid figure in the 30th Anniv. line, can we expect to see a super-articulated regular Battle Droid as well? If not, what is holding that back?
Hasbro's efforts to produce a transforming Droid Fighter/Vulture Droid in the 3¾" line wasn't entirely successful, yet the Action Fleet Droid Starfighter mold is a very accurate version of the transformation with a quality sculpt and opening wings that's also a tougher toy and coincidentally is nearly the same size as the Hasbro 3¾" line's version. Can Hasbro start using that Action Fleet mold as the 3¾" line's Vulture Droid? It could even be offered in Ep 1 colors and Ep 3 colors.Current questions (vote for up to 4):

- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- What is the status/future of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features? And what is the status/future of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Marvel, and Transformers planned for the Titanium Series lines?
- With each figure in The Saga Collection line having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of clone template actors Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those in the Original Trilogy who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?
- Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium Series Forged Figure?
- Will you ever release the Trade Federation PK Droid seen in The Phantom Menace? You could use the Star Wars Saga SP-4 figure mold for the body since they have the same design, and just make a new head.
- Can HasbroToyShop.com's ordering system be augmented with an active preorder system on all items listed as "coming soon"? Currently they cannot be preordered if they're still listed as "coming soon". And/or how about an email-notification system on "coming soon" and "out of stock" items? All the pages say now are "check back soon" which isn't too handy, especially for high-demand items that sell out quickly once they go online.
- With Hasbro now producing 6" super articulated Marvel figures, could we eventually see a special line with 6" super articulated Star Wars figures?
- Has Hasbro considered taking figures that were released in the original Kenner vintage line that have already been remade with modern VOTC quality (example: OTC Cloud Car Pilot) and packaging them on VOTC-style packaging, perhaps for a lower price than new-mold VOTC go for (msrp $10)?
- Are there going to be any more silver 'raw metal' Titanium 3" ships like the silver Slave I, 5-pack Millennium Falcon, 5-pack Death Star, etc.?
- Since two recent Neimoidian figures (Neimoidian Warrior and Lushros Dofine) were extremely heavy pegwarmers, how does that affect the chances of more Neimoidian figures being made in the future?
- Since the Saga Collection was extended, will the miniature hologram figures change color once again, stay red, or go back to blue?
- Would Hasbro consider changing the Greatest Hits-style line to have packaging different from the regular basic line, the cardback graphics being more different than they currently are, so both it and the regular line draw unique attention from each other?
- Is Hasbro considering doing a mail-away promotion for a complete set of the 60 basic figure coins in 2007 like Kenner did with the original POTF coins?
- Will the final 22 The Saga Collection figures be available in Canada?
- In a recent Q&A you stated it's important that Cantina patrons have bendable knees because many were sitting. With that said, why don't the figures in Death Star Briefing pack have bendable knees? If I remember correctly these guys were all sitting down, besides Vader and maybe Tarkin.
- Vacuum-metallizing is nearly always used for C-3PO and R2-D2 even though it seems to be more troublesome to work with, makes the parts more fragile, is difficult to keep paint applied to, limits the amount of articulation & gimmicks that can be have, and the chromed-look doesn't scale down very well. The only time R2's vac-metallized dome has looked right is on the Episode I figure where a dull-coat was applied over it, and unfortunately this technique was never used again. And painted R2-D2 domes generally aren't painted shiny enough even though Hasbro has used shinier paints in other items. Why use vac-metallizing so often with these figures, why not use shiny metallic paints instead, and for remaining vac-metallized elements what about using dull-coat again? Vote now, and feel free to add new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Battle Droid
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
25 and 30 for now.

Battle Droid
10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Have you already sent off those questions at the top, cause one of them was already answered by Hasbro on one of the other sites today.

This one,

Why aren't all the SW forum boards voting on the inclusion for next year's Greatest Hits line?

http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=5183.240

LTBasker
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM

By the way, JT, on #7 you might want to mention Marvel in there with SW, BSG and Transformers since they've shown pictures of Marvel forged figures. It wouldn't be good if Hasbro were asked it as-is and their only answer was "Yes, we're releasing Marvel Titaniums." :D

Slicker
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM

The questions are gettin' kinda specific now and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be voting since there are few that I could care about.

Kidhuman
10-22-2006, 06:24 PM
I am holding off until weeks end in hopes some new questions pop up.

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Have you already sent off those questions at the top, cause one of them was already answered by Hasbro on one of the other sites today.

This one,

http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=5183.240
Yeah, I sent in the questions on Friday like Hasbro requires, no way I could have known they would get the answer 2 days later. I didn't want to ask the question in the first place to be honest, and I don't care for the answer, the only reason I sent it in on Friday is because it was the top vote-getter.

By the way, JT, on #7 you might want to mention Marvel in there with SW, BSG and Transformers since they've shown pictures of Marvel forged figures. It wouldn't be good if Hasbro were asked it as-is and their only answer was "Yes, we're releasing Marvel Titaniums." :DThanks Basker, I have changed it. Steve mentioned the Marvel Titaniums to me the other day but it didn't click to change that question.

The questions are gettin' kinda specific now and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be voting since there are few that I could care about.I know what you mean, I had 7 possible options I wanted to vote for last week before I whittled it down to 4 - usually it's a dozen or more. You think of anything else, LMK and I'll add it.

Battle Droid
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
New question,

Even though the Gossam Commando and the Koorivar Fusilier are rather obscure expanded universe characters, is there any chance they'll ever be made?

You may want to add these pictures, cause they might not know what I'm talking about. (That's if my question gets asked ;) )

kool-aid killer
10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Heres a question JT:

"Would Hasbro ever consider releasing backgrounds (recall the POTF2 Cantina and Jabbas Palace backgrounds) seeing as how playsets arent on the horizon?"

Looking at the recently purchased Zev and his Snowspeeder, i was admiring the packaging, and i got to thinking how cool it would be if Hasbro could reproduce it for diorama uses. The way i see it, Hasbro has no plans to make a playset anytime soon, so these could take their place. While i realize its not as great as an Echo Base, it would work for collectors in that it could be used in dioramas, plus kids could have it as a base of sorts for their figures.

JediTricks
10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
New question,

Even though the Gossam Commando and the Koorivar Fusilier are rather obscure expanded universe characters, is there any chance they'll ever be made?

You may want to add these pictures, cause they might not know what I'm talking about. (That's if my question gets asked ;) )I'm not sending them photos, I don't even think that's allowed. Also, it's a specific character question which isn't usually answered anymore. At the very least, you should briefly cite who they are and where they're from.

Heres a question JT:

"Would Hasbro ever consider releasing backgrounds (recall the POTF2 Cantina and Jabbas Palace backgrounds) seeing as how playsets arent on the horizon?"

Looking at the recently purchased Zev and his Snowspeeder, i was admiring the packaging, and i got to thinking how cool it would be if Hasbro could reproduce it for diorama uses. The way i see it, Hasbro has no plans to make a playset anytime soon, so these could take their place. While i realize its not as great as an Echo Base, it would work for collectors in that it could be used in dioramas, plus kids could have it as a base of sorts for their figures.Asked and answered:

TheJawa.com: 'Playsets' have been a recurring theme in the QnAs, but what about cardboard dioramas (like the two from the POTF2 days)? Both of them were very well done and are a great for displaying figures.

Hasbro: We are actually looking at this kind of thing with the Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes this fall, which all have bases that can be removed from the box and set-uplike a mini-diorama. We will keep considering these for future ideas, balancing out the benefits vs tradeoffs (this can also increase cost, meaning fewer figures per pack).
and

Yakface.com: Would Hasbro ever consider doing more of the cardboard dioramas (like Jabba's Palace [and the Mos Eisley] Cantina), perhaps as a pack-in with vehicles? i.e. Rebel Hanger with Snowspeeder or Mos Espa with Sith Infiltrator?

Hasbro: If it makes sense for the individual item (like the Snowspeeder scene), we will look at it.
and sorta

GalacticHunter.com: Many collectors still love the old cardboard backdrop, plastic base play sets from the vintage era. Are these (updated with modern art and materials, obviously) considered just too hokey for such a robust, detailed modern line?

Hasbro: There is demand for these among a core of collectors, and even on the team here, I have my original Sears Cantina set here at work. I would't rule out the possibility that they will ever come back, but their right time and place seems to have been in the original Kenner line.
And I think even another, but I can't find it.

Battle Droid
10-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm not sending them photos, I don't even think that's allowed. Also, it's a specific character question which isn't usually answered anymore. At the very least, you should briefly cite who they are and where they're from.

Those photos are from Star Wars Insider's Holonet News, so I don't see why sending them wouldn't be allowed. They're Confederacy Organic Forces, and both of them have appeared in Star Wars Insider's Holonet News, and the Gossam Commando in the Hyperspace Webstrip Reversal of Fortune. :)

JediTricks
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Because these are text questions, I don't believe we can send attachments.

Battle Droid
10-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh ok, they'd probably say no plans at this time anyway.

kool-aid killer
10-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks JT, i wasnt aware it had been asked on other sites. Personally, i think it would be a decent alternative to playsets, seeing as how theyve got no plans to release any at the moment.

I'll vote later in the week, ok?

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I'll vote later in the week, ok?

No, you vote NOW!!!!!!

J/K, take your time. U R KEWL KAK!!!

sorry, overtired and medicated.

JediTricks
10-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Is anybody going to vote on this thread?

El Chuxter
10-24-2006, 02:23 PM
No.

21 - What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of clone template actors Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those in the Original Trilogy who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?

23 - With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?

25 - Will you ever release the Trade Federation PK Droid seen in The Phantom Menace? You could use the Star Wars Saga SP-4 figure mold for the body since they have the same design, and just make a new head.

26 - Can HasbroToyShop.com's ordering system be augmented with an active preorder system on all items listed as "coming soon"? Currently they cannot be preordered if they're still listed as "coming soon". And/or how about an email-notification system on "coming soon" and "out of stock" items? All the pages say now are "check back soon" which isn't too handy, especially for high-demand items that sell out quickly once they go online.

El Chuxter
10-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Okay, for those of us who don't like the idea of having to register to read sandtroopers.com's Q&A, could someone quote the answer regarding the 2007 Greatest Hits voting?

Slicker
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay, for those of us who don't like the idea of having to register to read sandtroopers.com's Q&A, could someone quote the answer regarding the 2007 Greatest Hits voting?

Here it is, Chux. I think this is what yer talkin' about.

Do some other Star Wars sites/forums get exclusive official polling rights with Hasbro, or do all sites get equal input? If we are all equal which figures does Sandtroopers.com get to have in our poll? And what other sites will be included in this polling survey?

This is a great question and an opportunity to explain for everyone the philosophy behind the Greatest Hits polling. As you now know, we are working very quickly to make sure we have two basic figure assortments running full year next year -- and we are going to populate the second line with Greatest Hits like we did this year. Unlike this year, where our carryforward figures were all Episode III, we wanted to draw from all films this time around. As such it made sense to open it up to a fan vote. But we needed to act quickly, while at the same time getting the most accurate input possible. We decided that ALL previously created figures would be eligible for fan voting and consideration for the Greatest Hits.

We approached RebelScum.com with the idea of collaborating on a poll among fans since they have a great comprehensive database and an ability to implement such a poll almost immediately. The fan vote is not exclusive to RebelScum. All fans can vote in Round 2 (the bracket of 64) from across the net and make their voice heard. (Registration is not required for Round 2.)

Ensuring that the fans know that their voices are being heard is imperative. I hope all other sites, such as Sandtroopers.com, realize that although there are many Star Wars fan sites with unique approaches and thriving communities, the Star Wars fandom community as a whole is incredibly strong and this is a chance for all of you to be heard.

Turbowars
10-25-2006, 01:38 AM
I have a question.

Hasbro, in a recent Q&A you stated that it's important that Cantina patrons have bendable knees because many were sitting. With that said why don't the figures in Conference Room pack have bendable knees? If I remember correctly these guys were all sitting down beside Vader and maybe Tarkin.

Darth Jax
10-25-2006, 09:26 AM
9 - collector fleet vehicles
22 - clone commander set
34 - canadian distribution

my final question would be the one turbo just asked above regarding the lack of knee joints on imperial conference room set.

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Question 35 added.

Turbo, you have 3 votes left.

Guys, this is not a discussion thread, please discuss stuff like that in another thread, perhaps the thread for this week's Q&A: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33174

stad
10-25-2006, 10:50 PM

hjwii
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I have a questions about the Galactic Heroes: My 6 year old loves the lil figures, but is constantly asking for more ships, specifically a TIE fighter and Slave One. Is there any chance Hasbro will be producing any more ships for this line?

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Come on guys, we need more votes.

I have a questions about the Galactic Heroes: My 6 year old loves the lil figures, but is constantly asking for more ships, specifically a TIE fighter and Slave One. Is there any chance Hasbro will be producing any more ships for this line?From June 16th:

ActionFigureInsider: Any plans for Galactic Heroes passed in the upcoming line (Wedge, Stormy Luke, Stormy Han) -- including Galactic Heroes vehicles or playsets?

Hasbro: Galactic Heroes has been very succesful, and these guys will defintely be continuing for the foreseaable future, with a mix of fan favorite characters and new scuplts in the mix. However, the GH line has proven itself to be figure-driven and the vehicles have struggled, so we're just concentrating on figures at scale. But there are some great concepts coming for this series....stay tuned for details.
From July 26th:

Rebelscum.com: In an earlier question, you blamed soft sales for the absense of vehicles and subsequent focus on figures in the Galactic Heroes line. If my memory serves me correctly, since the Playskool line was re-launched as Galactic Heroes, there has not been one single "new" vehicle introduced outside of EU kit-bashed contraptions. Have you completely written off the possibility of testing a "new" movie version of a Galactic Heroes ship given the current popularity and exposure of the line (which far exceeds the Playskool launch w/vehicles)? Or can we still hold out hope the little guys will have something besides a small handful of aging ships to climb into in the not-too-distant future? Something like the TIE Fighter or AT-AT w/exclusive figure pack-ins would compliment existing sets nicely and have broad appeal.

Hasbro: That is true, but given their iconic nature of the MF and X-Wing, we expected them to do better. What it points to is that kids did not embrace vehicles, which was a surprise given the apparent kid appeal of the line. We won't rule out vehicles at some point, perhaps with animation, but for now we will not be pursuing the introduction of vehicles because it appears vehicles appeal to a very small subset of the GH consumers.
From Sept 19th:

TheJawa.com: Any chance we'll see new vehicles in the Galactic Heroes line? The figures are great, but we really need a TIE Fighter, and re-releasing the X-Wing, even the dune buggy variety, can't tell the whole story on how a new ship would sell.

Hasbro: Galactic Heroes certainly has captivated both kids and collectors, and we think there is a vehicle opportunity, but we have not figured out yet the exact solution. It's a longer-term initiative in any case. Stay tuned!

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
19, 27, 35, 32 are my votes.

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
2 - future of mm/af

9 - collector's fleet

26 - HTS' preordering system

27 - 6" sw

kool-aid killer
10-26-2006, 11:11 PM
I want:

and 25.

dindae
10-27-2006, 09:45 AM

JediTricks
10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
QUESTION 36 ADDED.

Last hour to get your votes in gang!

JediTricks
10-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, that's it for this week's round. Look for next week's round soon, and thanks again to everybody who voted.