PDA

View Full Version : Variations

sjd9299
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I open my unleashed because I think they display better that way. This way I do not have to worry about packaging variations. I am a huge completist and I need to have all of the Unleashed figures.

SO I ask you for help in coming up with a list of all of the 7" Unleashed so far. I am only looking for figure variations, not packaging variations.

Some things I am wondering:
Is the any difference between the original releases and the new releases?
Is there any difference between the Best Buy Vader and the KayBee Vader?

I am looking for a Stormtrooper, White Clone Trooper, and Best Buy Vader (only if it is different than the KayBee) if anyone has these availible. Loose complete is fine.

Slicker
10-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Some things I am wondering:
Is the any difference between the original releases and the new releases?
Is there any difference between the Best Buy Vader and the KayBee Vader?
There is no difference between the new and original releases other than the packaging.

The two Vaders (Best Buy and KB) are the same as well.

As for variations the only one I can think of is the Clone. He came in either all white or with red on him.

Also, don't be conned in by the "perky" "variation" of the Padme. She was only made in a "perky" version.

sjd9299
10-22-2006, 06:55 PM
There is no difference between the new and original releases other than the packaging.

The two Vaders (Best Buy and KB) are the same as well.

As for variations the only one I can think of is the Clone. He came in either all white or with red on him.

Also, don't be conned in by the "perky" "variation" of the Padme. She was only made in a "perky" version.

Thank you, this confirms everything I thought. I had heard about the Perky Padme being recalled and replaced by a less suggestive version. But I have never been able to find a less suggestive version. I so I deduced that there was only one Padme.

I just found the KB Vader today and it looked exactly like the Best Buy pictures I had seen. But I wanted to be sure.

Also, I had heard that there was a version of Padawan Anakin with a white battle droid. Is this true, or rummor like Padme?

As for the other new figures, they are all identical to the orginals?

Slicker
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
As for the other new figures, they are all identical to the orginals?If you're talkin' about the ones in the cylindrical tubes they are indentical to the originals that were placed on a normal blister card.

sith_killer_99
10-22-2006, 07:29 PM
There were three Darth Vader's in the black suit available.

1st release, without helmet, shiney white bald heded Vader
2nd release with the helmet
3rd release jumping down the stairs.

The first and second were variations, so to speak. The Vader without helmet is going for a good chunk of change.

The Boba Fett was also pretty expensive for a while, that's probably why most Targets sold out of the re-pack.

Much to my dismay, Hasbro re-packed the second Darth Vader rather than the first, otherwise he too would have sold really well. Instead there are a glut of them warming the shelves at my local Wal-Mart.:mad:

sjd9299
10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
There were three Darth Vader's in the black suit available.

1st release, without helmet, shiney white bald heded Vader
2nd release with the helmet
3rd release jumping down the stairs.

The first and second were variations, so to speak. The Vader without helmet is going for a good chunk of change.

The Boba Fett was also pretty expensive for a while, that's probably why most Targets sold out of the re-pack.

Much to my dismay, Hasbro re-packed the second Darth Vader rather than the first, otherwise he too would have sold really well. Instead there are a glut of them warming the shelves at my local Wal-Mart.:mad:

I am pretty sure that the 1st Vader released was the helmeted one from Bespin AKA "I am your father!" He was released with Padme and Padawan Anakin. The 2nd, much more difficult to find helmetless Vader was released later and in short supply.

El Chuxter
10-22-2006, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't actually consider the unmasked Vader to be a true variant. It was released in totally different packaging and is considered a unique figure by most. The second was only released once, with the Slave Leia (who was re-released on the second-style card with fully painted background).

Despite the demand, Hasbro refuses to re-release this Vader. He's the only Unleashed figure I'm missing, too. :(

sith_killer_99
10-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Actually, I just did a search on this. Here's what we got....

1st release - Darth Vader (POWER) ala Empire Original card (grey) 2002
2nd release - Darth Vader (REDEMPTION) ala Jedi with 2 heads one masked one unmasked Original card (grey) 2003 very limited release!
1st release - Darth Vader (POWER) re-released on "art card"
3rd release - Darth Vader (JUMP) "art card"
3rd release - Darth Vader (JUMP) Best Buy exclusive re-release
1st release - Darth Vader (POWER) re-re-release found at Wal-Mart (not sure if it's an "exclusive")

I wouldn't actually consider the unmasked Vader to be a true variant.

How could this not be considered a variant? It's the very definition of "variant"!

It was released in totally different packaging and is considered a unique figure by most.

It was released in the original Unleashed packaging, as were many others, that were later re-released on the "art cards".

This is definatly a variant though, it came with a completely different head sculpt!!!

I wish I had one, but I refuse to shell out that kind of dough for any Unleashed. I didn't collect all of the 7 inch Unleashed figures, only the OT ones, and I refuse to collect those 2 inch monstrosities they are calling Unleased!!!

sjd9299
10-23-2006, 06:36 PM
I consider those to be two different figures. Although the body is the same sculpt, the head and base are different. They are variations of the same character but not of the same figure. Anyway, thanks for your help all. I guess I only need to track down a Stromtrooper and a White Clone to complete my loose 7" Unleashed collections. I even found a Han Stormtrooper with unpainted lenses in the helmet.