PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Dexter, Shark or Jericho?

Turbowars
10-23-2006, 11:25 PM
I love these 3 new shows. Dexter is my favorite out of the 3, but you have to love Woods in Shark! Jericho is hard to watch because like Lost nothing really happens until the end and even more questions arise and I want them answered right then and there damn it! I guess that's what keeps up coming back for more.

El Chuxter
10-24-2006, 11:56 AM
I love Dexter. It's one of my all-time favorites. I think the dodgeball episode was the best. Or maybe the Speed Racer parody.

"I'm Dexter's older sister and everyone thinks I died but I really didn't only now I sometimes race under the guise of the mysterious Racer Dee. I have a monkey."

JediTricks
10-24-2006, 02:21 PM
I've watched Shark a few times, it's alright, James Woods is always entertaining. The actual cases feel very TV though, like they're not treading any new ground.

Turbowars
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
I love Dexter. It's one of my all-time favorites. I think the dodgeball episode was the best. Or maybe the Speed Racer parody.

"I'm Dexter's older sister and everyone thinks I died but I really didn't only now I sometimes race under the guise of the mysterious Racer Dee. I have a monkey."
I think we are talking about 2 different Dexter's. I'm talking about the new series on HBO and Dexter is a blood expert in crime scenes and a killer at the same time.

OC47150
11-16-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm watching Jericho. It's my new Lost, since I gave up on that other show.

I'd love to know what's up with Hawkins. Militia man or deep undercover fed? He definitely knows more than he's letting on.

Turbowars
11-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah lost sucks. I'm so disinterested I think I will skip the rest of the show.

UKWildcat
11-16-2006, 11:59 PM
I watch Jericho. It is a pretty good show, unintentionally comical at times, but a decent show nonetheless. Definitely makes you want to tune in each week no matter how silly or good the previous episode was. I have to admit, this past episode was really good.

I don't watch Shark but my brother tells me it is a really good show.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2006, 12:14 AM
My buddies got me into JERICHO and i'm really loving it. I still don't know Hawkins and how much he really knows and the premise is just cool. And I wish people would stop crapping on Jake! Each episode, somebody gives him guff; this past week, his dad. I just wanted him to stand up and say, "aright, a--holes, listen up, i've saved this town from fallout, your children from the desert and helped defend the bridge, if you don't like what i'm doing, go f--- yourselves and hey, dad, you're WELCOME for the medication, ***!"

But hey, that's just me. :crazed:

UKWildcat
11-17-2006, 12:28 AM
lol

Well put JMG! :thumbsup:

Although I'm still curious as to what Jake did while he was away from Jericho for all that time. He seems to know everything about everything. :D He is good people though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2006, 01:25 AM
lol

Well put JMG! :thumbsup:

Although I'm still curious as to what Jake did while he was away from Jericho for all that time. He seems to know everything about everything. :D He is good people though.

hehehe thanks. I was ranting about it this morning cos his ungrateful dad was my last straw! And they are really keeping us in the dark about what he did when he left. I really wanna know!

heeheh Skeet. hehehehhe :thumbsup:

OC47150
11-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Good point, JMG. :thumbsup:

Jake's missing five years is just as mysterious as Hawkins' background. Jake was in jail, drove trucks in Iraq, etc.

BountyHunterScum
11-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Good point, JMG. :thumbsup:

Jake's missing five years is just as mysterious as Hawkins' background. Jake was in jail, drove trucks in Iraq, etc.

The new story is Hawkins is an FBI agent because the two guys Gray and the Cop found an FBI badge in his basement. I still don't buy it though, he has a metal drum in his basement. I think he's got a nuke. Next episode the Chinese and Russians come into play. Jake is a jack of all trades though. Hawkins only think he's mister know it all. I know all of that crap that Hawkins told them, the fallout and stuff. He also mentioned the Plymouth Roadrunner was destroyed, not entirely true the car took a hit on the right rear quarter panel from the geezers in the station wagon in the pilot. Damn EMP.

OC47150
11-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Part of me wants to think Hawkins is some sort of Fed (FBI, Homeland Security, CIA) and then there's part of me that thinks he's a militia member who had second thoughts.

pegger
11-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Haven't seen Dexter - but that' s because we don't get HBO up north.

I like shark - James Woods is a hoot.

Jericho is quickly becoming herion for me. I missed 3 episodes because of my trip - but could easliy get back into the story...very enjoyable show.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I watch Jericho. Pretty good show. While he has received a lot of grief, I don't have a problem with his dad saying not to blow up the bridge. He gave quite a convincing speech as to why.

OC47150
11-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Can't wait until Wednesday night's show!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Jericho was pretty good this week. That was CRAZY to see Chinese food being dropped by Russian made, Vietnam era planes in American chutes! What the HELL is going on?! :crazed: It was about time Stanley and Mimi got their schwerve on! And I'm hoping that with the generator working, we can learn more about the outside world or get a new broadcoast or SOMETHING.

And what was the deal with Gracie getting stabbed?!? From the previews next week, it looks like she's bitten the bullet. Shame too as i never doubted her commitment to Sparkle Motion (kudos to that folks who know what movie that is from).

and a heads up that this week is the last episode till February 21st, 07. Feb 14th there is a recap episode, but the 21st is the next real episode. :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Jericho was pretty good this week. That was CRAZY to see Chinese food being dropped by Russian made, Vietnam era planes in American chutes! What the HELL is going on?! :crazed: It was about time Stanley and Mimi got their schwerve on! And I'm hoping that with the generator working, we can learn more about the outside world or get a new broadcoast or SOMETHING.

And what was the deal with Gracie getting stabbed?!? From the previews next week, it looks like she's bitten the bullet. Shame too as i never doubted her commitment to Sparkle Motion (kudos to that folks who know what movie that is from).

and a heads up that this week is the last episode till February 21st, 07. Feb 14th there is a recap episode, but the 21st is the next real episode. :thumbsup:

That punk with Jonah at Grace's store is the guy who killed her. He's a loser who doesn't know when to quit. The Vietnam era jets have no major electronics in them so the EMP would have little to no effect. We still have loads of planes that old and older around the US. I also watch Shark, if Shark gets too sleazey I may dump it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
That punk with Jonah at Grace's store is the guy who killed her. He's a loser who doesn't know when to quit. The Vietnam era jets have no major electronics in them so the EMP would have little to no effect. We still have loads of planes that old and older around the US. I also watch Shark, if Shark gets too sleazey I may dump it.

I figured it was Jonah's guy. I am curious where that one kid is at who worked with Gracie for the first few eps. I know he was living with that high school chick, but we havne't heard from him in about 4 episodes.

and i don't watch Shark, but i'm curious: how is it sleezy?

pegger
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I figured it was Jonah's guy. I am curious where that one kid is at who worked with Gracie for the first few eps. I know he was living with that high school chick, but we havne't heard from him in about 4 episodes.

Maybe he's been "busy"...wink wink..nudge nudge...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe he's been "busy"...wink wink..nudge nudge...

lol Hmmmmm, if all it takes for the "hot cool" chick to dig the geeky guy, then BRING ON THE NUKES I SAY! :crazed:

UKWildcat
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Shame too as i never doubted her commitment to Sparkle Motion (kudos to that folks who know what movie that is from).

Heck yea, DD is a quality film.

Jericho is still keeping me interested and last week's episode was a good one. I will miss it while it is off-air until late February.

OC47150
11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I definitely am checking out whodroppedthebomb.com to get my extra fill of Jericho!

Boy, what a final episode to go out on!

Spoilers:

* I had a feeling Johnston would lose the election, but I suspected the results wouldn't come until it returned in '07.

* Dale gunning down Mitch was a shocker.

* I guessed Roger would show up, too. That was a gimme.

* What is Bonnie thinking?!?

* And where's Heather? She hasn't been in the last couple of episodes.

End spoilers.

I did think it was humorous that Stan was yelling at Bonnie to get her attention.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, the ending sequence was pretty crazy! I couldn't believe he did that!

and seriously what IS Bonnie thinking?!? We didn't even find out where they went/what they did. That guy is such an ***. I was mad when Dale's wussy punch didn't even knock him down.

and where the HELL is Heather!? She's far more hotter than Emily (who has WAY too much emotional baggage) and hey, she's not MARRIED. Dammit Jake!

I got excited at the end when those folks came slumming into town, i yelled, "Holy crap, ZOMBI- oh, no, wait, just survivors. Dammit!"

Good episode though! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
and where the HELL is Heather!? She's far more hotter than Emily (who has WAY too much emotional baggage) and hey, she's not MARRIED. Dammit Jake! Well, Emily isn't married yet either. She was supposed to be though if someone hadn't set them up the bomb.

OC47150
12-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I went on whodroppedthebomb.com yesterday (interesting site, BTW) and there was a section about the 'mystery woman.' I thought, who the heck are they talking about?

She's not a major character, just someone lurking around in the background.

If anyone has a clue as to whom she might be, please tell.

UKWildcat
12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I'll be sure to check out whodroppedthebomb.com when I get a chance.

BTW, I thought the last episode was by far the best one of the season. Now I really can't wait until Feb. :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
12-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, Emily isn't married yet either. She was supposed to be though if someone hadn't set them up the bomb.

Emily's fiance Roger was one of those people who walked into town. I guess the wedding is on at some point. Jake and Heather will most likely get together now.

BountyHunterScum
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM

and i don't watch Shark, but i'm curious: how is it sleezy?

Shows like that always seem to get sleazy at some point. Dale is still around since Gracie is dead and she left the store to him it's all his. Mitchell Cafferty the murderer had that crap coming too. That was also self defense of himself and the town.

OC47150
01-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Can't CBS bring Jericho back any sooner?

pegger
01-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Can't CBS bring Jericho back any sooner?

No kidding. I think they REALLY dropped the ball in this. Any momentum they had will be lost by February 21st... Dumb.

OC47150
01-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I saw in the morning paper and the net that Armed and Famous was canceled. I thought, maybe, just maybe Jericho will come back a couple of weeks early.

UKWildcat
01-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I can't wait for Jericho to return.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
No kidding. I think they REALLY dropped the ball in this. Any momentum they had will be lost by February 21st... Dumb.

Jericho is one of CBS's highest rated shows and new shows too. It'll be alright, patience. :crazed:

OC47150
02-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Hot damn, Jericho is back tonight!!!

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I saw in the morning paper and the net that Armed and Famous was canceled. I thought, maybe, just maybe Jericho will come back a couple of weeks early.I wondered last night to myself if it was still on. I had no idea it was canceled three weeks ago! Ponch's ego must be hurtin'.

OC47150
02-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I wondered last night to myself if it was still on. I had no idea it was canceled three weeks ago! Ponch's ego must be hurtin'.

A&F was only scheduled for six or seven episodes and four had already aired when it was cancelled.

VH1 has offered to air the remaining episodes, if the producers put them together. Haven't heard anything new on it.

CaptainSolo1138
02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
A&F was only scheduled for six or seven episodes and four had already aired when it was cancelled.

VH1 has offered to air the remaining episodes, if the producers put them together. Haven't heard anything new on it.
Awesome. Thanks for the news, OC. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the show, but I usually watched it.

UKWildcat
02-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Hot damn, Jericho is back tonight!!!

Hells yes!!! I echo your enthusiasm!!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
REALLY enjoyed tonights episode. It was crazy to see Jake and his pal involved with Ravenwood before the bombs went off and I take it that Hawkins is an uber bad guy and STILL HAS A NUKE WITH HIM?!?!!!

Lookin' forward to next week and the "the president?" "which one?" Gonna be crazy to think that folks have declared themselves rulers of different areas. woo woo!! :thumbsup:

pegger
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Awesome episode. simply awesome....

interesting analogis made tho... President with lowest approval rating ever, making a speech when...terrorists attack??? Things that make you say "hmm..."

UKWildcat
02-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I take it that Hawkins is an uber bad guy and STILL HAS A NUKE WITH HIM?!?!!!

Didn't he brick that up in the basement with cinder blocks? or was that something else? I can't remember, my memory is kinda fuzzy.

Really good episode. Glad to have Jericho back. Next week should be pretty wild.

:thumbsup:

OC47150
02-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Didn't he brick that up in the basement with cinder blocks? or was that something else? I can't remember, my memory is kinda fuzzy.

Really good episode. Glad to have Jericho back. Next week should be pretty wild.

:thumbsup:

Hawkins did brick the nuke up. I do remember that.

I'm taking it Hawkins had second thoughts about the whole bombing issue and second up an escape for him and his family. But that doesn't explain the other woman, does it?

And Jake. Soldier, pilot (allegedly). Still no closer as to what he did for those missing years, but he served in Afghanistan and Iraq. But as gov't soldier or contract soldier/mercenary?

I did notice Stan's sister and the cute teacher weren't in last night's episodes. The teacher is back next week.

Good episode. Glad it's back.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Another crazy episode tonight. I had a feeling that Dale would cause trouble and he did, but I thought he might've tried to sneak the gun in and all hell would've broken lose. Effin' RAvenwood: they just keep popping up! I sense another showdown soon.

I'm curious to see what goes down with Hawkins and his lady friend. I got a feeling he suspects she's leading him into a trap, but we'll see. Good one tonight! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I thought Dale might have snuck a gun in as well, but he caused enough trouble without it.

Also nice to see Heather. Seems like we hadn't seen much of her in a while, but then maybe that's just because the show hadn't been on in a while either.

I just realized that she also played on John Doe and Joan of Arcadia. Coincidentally, her character died on both shows. Hope that doesn't happen here.

OC47150
03-01-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm 59 years old. Mayor since the Carter administration. An ex-Army Ranger. Combat vet. Oh course, I asked your mother for permission.

Best line. I laughed out loud when Johnston said that.

Heather also was on Over There, the FX show about the war in Iraq. She played a soldier's wife.

Unlike Lost, in the last two episodes we've seen just about everyone in the cast except for the deaf girl and one of the cops.

I could see something big happening with Ravenwood as a cliff hanger at season's end.

UKWildcat
03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I thought it was a pretty good episode too. I knew Dale was going to pull some stupid crap too. But it looks like him and his girl are going to be rich though. :thumbsup:

I'm kinda getting bored with this Hawkins thing. I mean, I wish they would just hurry up and reveal who it is that is running stuff (better be someone good too, LOL). It could be a really good plot line, I just think they just could speed it up and just come out with it. Its alright now, it could just be soo much better... Just waiting... No hard feelings though. :)

What about the "news" board? Pretty wild huh? And all the Presidents and Capitals? :crazed:

This show could go on for many seasons with all of the possibilities.... and I hope it does. Man, I'm really glad this show is back on. :yes: :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Awesome episode. simply awesome....

interesting analogis made tho... President with lowest approval rating ever, making a speech when...terrorists attack??? Things that make you say "hmm..."

That is hollywood, they like to imply things.

OC47150
03-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Mom and Dad to the rescue!!

I would've liked to have seen more of the mysterious bald guy.

Good episode.

No Bonnie again this week. Hmmm....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Really like tonights episode as it had a great deal of character development and whatnot. Jake killing a girl in Iraq?!!?!?!? The hell!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I'm anxious to know more. Liked seeing Mimi doing something productive and Hawkins needs to open his damn eyes!! Glad his wife sees that his chick is a traitor. Then again, so is he. heheheehee Next week looks pretty insane! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I really liked the episode as well.

It was kinda strange to see Jake so helpless and vulnerable. Talk about some emotional stuff too, the talk with his dad about the Iraqi girl, etc. I guess that is why Jake didn't want to do another "mission" with his friend (from a few episodes ago).

Next week does look pretty interesting. :yes: :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Glad his wife sees that his chick is a traitor. I'm still uncertain about her motives. If that guy that was watching them was the same one she was messaging, then maybe she was on Hawkins' side all along.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Crazy good episode tonight! The fight between Hawkins and that one chick was INTENSE and I had a gut feeling his daughter would bust some caps. Good shot too! Came out right through the heart! :thumbsup:

Really like the story with the "marines" and Jake's dad catching it. His dad was pretty kick a-- tonight too. And i was glad to see bonnie in her 1/2 minute cameo. And Stanley's cheeseball face at the end was classic! Good episode overall! :thumbsup:

pegger
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Totally agree. This show is really getting good.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Totally agree. This show is really getting good.Indeed, though it sounds like ratings were down last week after the break, and now it's going to be off next week as well I believe.

OC47150
03-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Survivor is airing in Jericho's spot next week.

There was a part of me hoping that, when Hawkins was kissing Sarah at the beginning, he'd just grab hold of her neck and just twist. :twisted:

I had a feeling something was up with the Marines before Johnston noticed. The radio call sign was too simple, not military enough.

The episode also showed Gray's weaknesses as mayor. Johnston's a leader; heck, the faux Marine even noticed that.

And Bonnie was back...ever so briefly.

UKWildcat
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Indeed, though it sounds like ratings were down last week after the break, and now it's going to be off next week as well I believe.

As long as they don't do what Lost did last season. That just got ridiculous, all of the breaks b/w episodes. Thats the easiest way to get people uninterested, and the ratings will reflect that.

I just got around to watching this weeks episode and I think it was alright. Kinda a meh episode for me. I did like the tussle at the end and I was glad to see that chick get hers. Looks like Hawkins is going to try and set up and take down the main guy, which could get interesting.

OC47150
03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey, we can't go two weeks without Survivor!!! :razz:

I was going through withdrawls last night.

But the end of the Duke game was just as good as Survivor. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
03-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey, we can't go two weeks without Survivor!!! :razz:

I was going through withdrawls last night.

lol

But the end of the Duke game was just as good as Survivor. :thumbsup:

Agreed... if not better. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Phew, really good episode tonight. I TOTALLY didn't see April being the one who didn't make it. I thought for sure Hawkins was going to off Jimmy, who had some great awkward lines tonight!! Pretty good drama with that. I had some hopes for her, but alas, wasn't meant to be. :( what else.....oh, the interaction between Mimi and Bonnie was solid. Stanley's signing to Bonnie at the end was GREAT and I enjoyed that whole scene quite a bit (great use of a GREAT Coldplay tune too; and don't forget David Gray earlier as well!) I also liked the new Dr. got off his emo pedestal and get to work.

I am curious to see how the windmill situation turns out with that other town and their mayor, Mayor Leonidas (sorry, I couldn't resist), but i am suspicious. What the hell happened to Heather?! And did lil' Dale become a MAN?!?!?!!!??!?!? Go Dale!! Glad to see some folks are getting action during the apocalypse! :thumbsup:

OC47150
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Just watched it this morning. I know, running a tad late.

April's death didn't surprise me. I enjoyed her character but she hadn't been in it too much of late. You kinda forgot about her. But I will miss her.

When he returns, I think it would be cool for Eric to have that wild mountain man look: shaggy hair and beard.

It was good to see just about all of the primary characters in one episode. Only Emily, Heather and the Hawkins' kids were missing.

UKWildcat
03-30-2007, 12:52 PM
I kinda thought this episode was mediocre. I actually found myself getting bored and restless during a few parts. I absolutely can not stand Jakes mother. She freakin' drives me crazy. :crazed: I wouldn't have mind to see her get the axe instead of April. I wasn't really surprised April bit it, she was kinda disposeable. I do like the Dr. He is cool; was glad to see him come back.

But yea, kind of a boring and forgettable episode for me. I want more action! I want more stuff to happen! I want more excitement! :D

OC47150
04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Good episode.

One burning question I have: where did the extra cops come from? The sheriff and a couple of deputies were killed in the first episode, leaving Jimmy and the other guy. Guess the town did some recruiting.

It's interesting to see how some characters, Pam Reed's character in particular, are trying their best to keep as much of a normal life as possible, like the bombs never went off. Society around them has crumbled but they want to try to have that normal, little town life.

And Dale and Skylar are turning into Bonnie and Clyde!

UKWildcat
04-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I thought it was a pretty good episode too.

And Dale and Skylar are turning into Bonnie and Clyde!

I like Skylar. :lipsrsealed: I was shocked to discover that she was 24 years old. :eek: I thought she was much younger. I don't feel so bad now. :D But yea, I kinda like whats going on with them. I also like how Dale hired some "new employees". I wonder if they were townies or refugess or what?

I like how they banished Roger or whatever his name was. Although I was really hoping that cop was going to splatter his brains all over the concrete with that sniper rifle. :twisted: But now that he is gone, Jake can really move in on Emily.

The mom is still getting on my nerves.

Next week should be really good and interesting as they confront Hawkins. :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
As soon as the cop heard "nearly perfect FBI badges" you could see it in his face that he was thinking about Hawkins. I hope they kill him and the rest of those idiots to set the bombs off. Atlanta is not exactly a huge loss though. The only things in DC and Philadelphia that are losses are our national treasures. Seattle is not a huge loss either.

pegger
04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey guys - can someone give me a re-cap. I missed 3 weeks worth of episodes...
I gather April is dead - what happened?

The last episode I saw before my trip was the one showing the day before the blasts....and I saw last weeks ep.

Thanks for any help!

OC47150
04-10-2007, 02:41 PM
The Cliff Notes version:

* April died during childbirth. The baby came early; it was a stillborn. April lost too much blood.

* Heather is in another town helping make windmills to generate power for Jericho. She's been there for a couple of weeks.

* Eric, Stanley and a few other men departed Jericho to help build the windmills. It sounds like a hostage situation but it's more of a guarantee between Jericho and another town that the job will get done.

* Roger was exiled from Jericho after Gray had enough of the new arrivals. Too much of a strain on supplies. A fight broke out and Gray got shot. But level heads prevailed. The punishment was Roger leaving town. He was heading to the town where Eric and Stanley are.

* Hawkins' wife killed Sarah when Sarah confronted Hawkins. The wife and the kids moved out.

* Hawkins is trying to learn who's behind the bombings.

* And one of Jericho's cops suspects Hawkins isn't who he seems to be. Other 'terrorists' were arrested with fake FBI badges, which Hawkins flashed to the locals.

Did I forget anything???

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
* Eric, Stanley and a few other men departed Jericho to help build the windmills. It sounds like a hostage situation but it's more of a guarantee between Jericho and another town that the job will get done.It was also a guarantee that Jericho would hold up their end of the bargain supplying food and supplies.

* Hawkins' wife killed Sarah when Sarah confronted Hawkins. The wife and the kids moved out.Actually, I think it was his daughter that shot Sarah while she was fighting with Hawkins.

Did I forget anything???If you go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/ I think you can watch all the episodes.

pegger
04-10-2007, 07:49 PM
If you go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/ I think you can watch all the episodes.

Except I live in Canada - so they block the feed because I'm "out of area" - or some such non-sense....

BountyHunterScum
04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
It was also a guarantee that Jericho would hold up their end of the bargain supplying food and supplies.

Actually, I think it was his daughter that shot Sarah while she was fighting with Hawkins.

If you go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/ I think you can watch all the episodes.

Yes it was his daughter plus Hawkins isn't trying to find out who bombed the cities he knows exactly who did it he is discovering a few hidden faces thats all. He's one of the people who was supposed to deliver the bombs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Very solid episode tonight as we finally got Hawkins and his backstory. That's pretty insane that the guy after him and the nuke worked for DHS!! Nutty! I thought maybe it was his boss, but alas, I was wrong.

I loved how Mimi kept stalling on killing the chicken and then came in, splotched with blood. That really cracked me up. Next week looks pretty intense as they had to that town to get their folks. Overall, I really enjoyed this episode! :thumbsup:

also, just read an article where Skeet "supposedly" said that he's not expecting the show to get renewed for a second season. Will keep you folks posted.

BountyHunterScum
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Valente used that meeting as a cover to recruit members and such. My first impression was right he's behind the whole thing. That whole meeting was a smokescreen and now it looks like everyone is gunning for Jericho.

UKWildcat
04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I loved how Mimi kept stalling on killing the chicken and then came in, splotched with blood. That really cracked me up.

Indeed, that was great!

also, just read an article where Skeet "supposedly" said that he's not expecting the show to get renewed for a second season. Will keep you folks posted.

I really hope Jericho is renewed for atleast a second season, if not more. It would drive me crazy not knowing what ended up happening in this show, ala Carnivale.

I thought tonight's ep. was really good, and I'm looking forward to next weeks'; looks pretty crazy! :thumbsup:

OC47150
04-12-2007, 07:35 AM
I've read where the show has been on the 'bubble' for some time. I think the mid-winter break hurt it. It had momentum going before the break. That and American Idol.

Mimi and the chicken was pretty funny.

Johnston's comment "You're starting to look like a deer" was pretty good, too.

Nice background episode on Hawkins, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Great episode learning more about Hawkins.

"Sprouts it is."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Another great episode tonight!

- Stanley was pretty hysterical.
- I did like Hawkins doing his best Jack Bauer impersonation with his man bag and the possible torture sequence.
- I did enjoy Johnston chatting with Eric's lady. Glad to see he's opening up a bit as I think he's realizing he needs to get along with her to get along with Eric. I am glad he kinda laid that out in front of the Missus too.
- The plot to invade Jericho?!? Should be interesting to see how this goes down.
- And seriously, how big of a d*** is Gray? He's getting on my nerves, which is how he's written, so bravo there!
- Heather is DEAD?!!?! Dammit all!! I liked her character as she was as much better match for Jake than Emily. Bah!
- I did enjoy Jimmy trying to console the kid and his comment to Hawkins wife was so funny, and so insensitive. He meant well, but just went off poorly.

only a few more episodes left! Here's hoping it gets renewed! :thumbsup:

edit: There I rumor, I repeat RUMOR, that the show will be renewed for next season. http://spoilertv-jericho.blogspot.com/2007/04/cbs-renewing-jericho.html

So, you know what means in the off season: get MORE PEOPLE INTO THE SHOW. I plan on buying a season 1 DVD (when it comes out, probably Fallish?) and loaning out to everybody I can. Still, NOTHING CONCRETE YET, STILL A RUMOR. But still, it's hope!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Also nice to see Heather. Seems like we hadn't seen much of her in a while, but then maybe that's just because the show hadn't been on in a while either.

I just realized that she also played on John Doe and Joan of Arcadia. Coincidentally, her character died on both shows. Hope that doesn't happen here.Dang, I guess things come in threes.

pegger
04-19-2007, 05:11 AM
I don't think she's dead. We didn't see it happen on screen, so there is always the possibility she'll be back.

Awesome episode last night. This is turning into my second favorite show (after Heroes of course)

OC47150
04-19-2007, 07:25 AM
I'm glad someone else brought it up first.

HEATHER'S DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: Or at least we're lead to believe that. I hope not.

At the end, I was kinda waiting/hoping for Hawkins to have Constantino's face in the sights of a sniper scope.

Stanley is always good for a laugh. He and Mimi make a cute couple.

Sean is definitely no rocket scientist. Get the internet back up and we can order stuff! Silly rabbit. lol

UKWildcat
04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I thought last night's show was fantastic!

I'm really, really starting to like Hawkins. He's such a bada**!!! I was just waiting for him to go Jack Bauer at the end and take out all of the hostils in the entire town. lol :thumbsup: But seriously, now that we have his character's background/history all cleared up (so it seems), he is easily my favorite character.. and a great actor too. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
As my friend said, "Holy b***s!" What a FAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC episode tonight!!! Lots of great action with Hawkins personally responsible for taking out about 78% of the towns defenses. Such a bada--!!!

I did enjoy the comment about Jake's mother and Mary and a barfight. That line had me chuckling.

And next week with the all out war!! Looks CRAZY INTENSE!!! :thumbsup:

and according to the producers blog, they're expecting to get picked up next season. Nothing official........yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

Overall, TERRIFIC! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree JMG. Fantastic episode.

This show damn well better get picked up for a second season!!!!!

OC47150
04-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Robert Hawkins, man of action! :whip:

When Hawkins got shot during the breakout, I thought, they better not kill him off!!

Great episode.

During the opening flashback sequence, I was wondering if the tank parked in Stanley's barn will come into play in the last few episodes?

UKWildcat
04-26-2007, 07:57 AM
When Hawkins got shot during the breakout, I thought, they better not kill him off!!

They couldn't kill Hawkins off. He makes the show imo. Sorry Jake (Skeet), but it's true. :p

During the opening flashback sequence, I was wondering if the tank parked in Stanley's barn will come into play in the last few episodes?

Oh yeah. I'm sure it will. :thumbsup:

OC47150
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Unless Stanley wants to use it to plow the fields.

'Sorry, Johnston, can't have the tank today. Gotta plow the north 40.' :razz:

BountyHunterScum
04-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Jake's Roadrunner is still near New Burn! Hawkins didn't take out 78% most of them ran to the factory, diversion. Give me an hour with Constantino and we'll see what happens. Very bad outcome for him. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
This show just gets better and better!!

Great amount of action and excitement tonight; i was loving it. I loved how Hawkins just nonchalantly supplies the town with guns; that was great.

For next week's insane season finale: I see Heather is still alive cos they showed her!! I wonder what the implications are as it looks like this battle could have huge consequences nationally; although, I don't know how at the moment.

And c'mon: USE THE EFFIN' TANK!! You have mortars and ammo; by Christ, USE IT! :thumbsup:

pegger
05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Next week is the finale!!! Already!!!!!

Damn it - they're killing me....

tonight's episode was frickin' A.......

BountyHunterScum
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
New Bern is shooting itself in the foot. Jonah needs to pull his head out of his a** and help them. Jericho is getting better and better I couldn't agree more.

UKWildcat
05-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Tonight's episode was f'ing awesome!!!! Quite possibly the best one all season. I will be more than pi**ed if they don't bring back this show next season.

I loved the Foo Fighters there at the end, great touch. :thumbsup:

Excellent show, excellent episode.

OC47150
05-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Wow. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great episode. I agree: it is getting better.

Dale is reminding me more and more of a character from an old John Ford/John Wayne western. Someone who had nothing and makes something of himself. Dale's wielding some power.

At the end, that look Jake and Johnston exchanged says it all.

And Johnston is twice the man than Gray ever was. :thumbsup: Too bad Johnston doesn't throw a coup and gets back into power.

And UK, I think Hawkins is sitting on the tank in one scene from the preview. It's either the tank or something else painted camouflaged.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Bah! Curse'd cliffhangers!!

Intense episode tonight and hey, glad to see that the tank FINALLY got some action. Was tough to see Johnston go, but I think that was the general feeling about who would go, at least, that was my guess. The action was pretty top notch and I really loved how they set it against Eric's wedding and how the two speeches lined up with each other.

I did LOVE Jake's reply to Constantine's offer of surrender. Very awesome.

And how about the army going into Jericho and then going to look for Hawkins!! Oh man, should be a great second season.....if it gets picked up. nothing definite yet. Great first season though!! :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Great episode!!

Lot of new questions. CBS, if you're reading this: RENEW JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!

I liked how the wedding flashbacks were worked in. I really liked at the beginning when Ma Greene walked from the reception on into war-torn Main Street.

I was hoping Gray would get killed, but how Johnston was John Wayne-ing it when the tank came down the hill, I had to wonder.

Hawkins will be a wanted man in season 2.

OC47150
05-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Here's something interesting. Jericho may be coming out on DVD. It's tentatively scheduled for Sept. 11.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7296

I'd seriously think about getting it.

UKWildcat
05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
AWESOME episode last night. What a way to close out the season. Jericho better get picked up for a second season!

I'd definitely pick up the dvd OC, not right away though. I'd wait for it to drop around $20.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
AWESOME episode last night. What a way to close out the season. Jericho better get picked up for a second season!

I'd definitely pick up the dvd OC, not right away though. I'd wait for it to drop around $20.

I don't know if i'll pick up the DVD if the show isn't renewed. What'd be the point to have a show that has no conclusion, ya know? It's like a porno without the-.....well, nevermind. I'll keep looking for info on the renewal. It should be announced next week as that's when everybody will be announcing their fall 07 lineup! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I understand your point JMG, but if I really enjoy a show, then I'll buy it. That way I can rewatch the fantastic episodes that actually aired, even if there is no real closure. Like with Carnivale, Surface and Dead Like Me; those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head. And who knows, maybe it'll follow suit to Family Guy - have phenominal dvd sales which inspire the network to bring the show back. :rolleyes: ;)

Btw - "Did I urinate on your rug?" lol
I loved how Jeffrey Lebowski was in last nights ep. of Jericho. :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I loved Johnston's comment about the Costco in New Bern.

A list of shows renewed next season slipped out. The obvious ones: New Christine, Rules of Engagement, How I Met Your Mother.

No word on Jericho. That will come on Wednesday.

UKWildcat
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
No word on Jericho. That will come on Wednesday.

(((:nerv:)))

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
It's "official:" JERICHO has been canned. The CBS boards are lit up with PO'd fans. I guess one of the writers said it was canceled on a radio show this morning. Granted, some are saying it's still all speculation, but this is pretty much a nail in the coffin.

And let's look at what CBS did pick up, shall we?

Variety is reporting that CBS has made their decisions on which drama pilots to pick up, and that they include some uncharacteristic shows for the network. The most notable is perhaps Viva Blackpool!, a musical produced by Hugh Jackman, who will make guest appearances on the series. Also debuting this fall will be Swingtown, which centers on a group of swingers in the 1970's.

The network has also picked up Moonlight (previously titled Twilight), which centers on a vampire private eye, which begs questions of how similar this will be to Angel. Cane is a series about a powerful family of Latinos living in South Florida.

On the comedy side, CBS have picked up Big Bang Theory, a series originally developed last year, centering on two geeky guys and their beautiful female friend.

Variety says CBS is likely to also pick up the comedies The Captain, about a writer living in a legendary Hollywood apartment building; and I'm in Hell, about a dead Wall Street businessman who is allowed to leave Hell and return to Earth thanks to Hell being overbooked.

CBS is expected to renew How I Met Your Mother, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and Rules of Engagement. The network will also likely pick up Babylon Fields, about dead people who are resurrected and returned to their old lives, as a midseason replacement.

source: IGN

Anybody want to take bets as to how many of these new shows will actually survive?? I'm guessing none. This ****es me off to no extent. The show was doing tremendous before the winter break and after it came back, it got slapped by American Idol as EVERY OTHER SHOW DOES. It irks me that they'll have 152501257252 cop dramas and whatnot, but an original, interesting show like JERICHO doesn't get a second chance.

The official word comes out tomorrow and if things change, hell, even when it's official, in stone, i'll let you folks know.

Well, I guess I have no desire to buy the first season DVD or watch CBS ever again, not even for sports. If you could see me CBS, I'm giving you the finger! :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

pegger
05-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Anybody want to take bets as to how many of these new shows will actually survive?? I'm guessing none. This ****es me off to no extent. The show was doing tremendous before the winter break and after it came back, it got slapped by American Idol as EVERY OTHER SHOW DOES. It irks me that they'll have 152501257252 cop dramas and whatnot, but an original, interesting show like JERICHO doesn't get a second chance.

Well, I guess I have no desire to buy the first season DVD or watch CBS ever again, not even for sports. If you could see me CBS, I'm giving you the finger! :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

I am completely 100% in agreement with you. It was stupid not to pick it up for a second season. No reason to buy the DVD now.

CBS - can kiss my *** too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
here is CBS's audience viewer thingambob's e-mail address: audsvcs@cbs.com

I plan to write them a lengthy e-mail here in a second.

OC47150
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Boy, there's some really ticked off people on the CBS boards. I was reading it a little earlier.

I was holding out hope that it would be renewed. A little disappointed but not shocked. At least we had a full season, unlike some of the shows on Fox, which air two times and are yanked. Drive, hint hint. :upset:

The winter break just killed the show's momentum, and it could never pick back up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Here is the letter I'm sending off to CBS:

To Whom it may concern,

I must urge you right now not to cancel JERICHO. As a 25 year old male college student, I found the show incredibly refreshing and exciting. The idea of a series of nuclear attacks in the United States and dealing with how survivors and the nation tries to press on was fantastic and a great change of pace from the several repetitive CSI shows and the seemingly never ending SURVIVOR and reality shows that are really unoriginal. One of the reasons the show was so engaging was the interaction it demanded outside of viewing each episode. It was a ball talking about the show to my countless friends, my students, and online fans who enjoyed the show as much as I do. I had tried to get my family into it as they had watched a few episodes after work, but they were looking forward to playing catch-up this summer when the DVD of season 1 was released to prepare for season two. Now, there are reports that the show is not coming back and frankly, I find it rather horrific. The show was doing pretty well before the break, but after the break, it faced against the impending Wednesday night slot of AMERICAN IDOL where it, along with countless other shows, took a beating in the ratings. Why not move it to another night or try a new time slot? Surely, this would be easier than just canning the show and moving on.

And while i'm on the subject, allow me to go down the list of shows that have been reported as been picked up for pilots for the fall season.

"Viva Laughlin!"- A musical based series based off the BBC series "Blackpool." I have no plans on watching this as having a musical based show run for a season would become incredibly old after the first episode or two.

"Swingtown"- Reportedly about a group of spouse swapping swingers in the 70's...you're kidding right? How does this qualify as entertainment? And why even put garbage like this on the air? Since when do poor practices of the 70's equal entertainment? There was a reason why "That 70's Show" became old after a few seasons and that's because there are only so many jokes one can do regarding this lifestyle. Not a chance i'll be watching this.

"Cane"- a show about a powerful multi generational latin family. Now, unless there is something really unique about this show, I have no plans to watch it....well, I'll just say it: I won't watch the show as by the slightly chance I enjoy it, you'll probably end up canning it.

and finally, the worst addition to your "lineup:"

"Moonlight"- I read this show is about a vampire PI hunter. So, a show that bares a small resemblance to the failed "Night Stalker" and "Angel" shows are better than JERICHO? Surely, you folks at CBS have got to be kidding as this sounds like complete garbage.

I do hope the rumors I have read regarding the demise of JERICHO are simply that, rumors, as if they are true, I literally have no desire to tune into your network ever again, not even for football or sporting events. I had usually skipped over your network as I would channel surf, as I was never a fan of the comedies, the countless unoriginal reality shows, and the series of repetitive cop dramas. I can see that i'm not alone as from what I've read, the only show that really holds its own on your network would be CSI, and that my friends, isn't enough to carry ratings or a network.

Thus, again, I urge you not to cancel JERICHO, but to give it a second chance as I can promise you that along with myself, the millions of fans, some of whom are angry on the JERICHO CBS message boards, have no desire to tune into your network again. I don't even have plans to pick up the first (and possibly, last season) on DVD as there wouldn't be a point. So, try to give JERICHO a second season and show it MORE SUPPORT by giving it a new night and time slot. Surely, you noticed that the three month hiatus and AMERICAN IDOL harmed it. And when it comes down to it: who decides the hiatus and the time slots? You do, CBS, you do. I do hope to see JERICHO on the fall schedule as if it isn't, you can count on CBS being blocked on my television come fall of 2007 and onward.

Thank you for your time,
(my name)
Toledo, OH

Oddly enough, I feel much better.

OC47150
05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Nicely written.

UKWildcat
05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Very nice JMG!

I really hope this isn't true. :cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the props on the letter. Make sure you send some angry mails to CBS too! :thumbsup:

aaaaaand it's confirmed: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/16/tv.newseason.ap/index.html

And CBS has lost me as a viewer for good. They can have their 18 CSI shows, lame "comedies" and reality crap. :upset:

OC47150
05-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I am sad. :cry:

At least the zombie show didn't get picked up.

NBC has the new Bionic Woman on Wednesdays in the fall. I saw the one-minute trailer. It looks decent. I'll probably watch or tape that.

UKWildcat
05-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Well this is just f'ing asinine. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know if I'll buy the TV set now. I don't feel like lining the pockets of CBS for pulling this sh*t. Just ridiculous. :mad: :mad: :mad:

OC47150
05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Since Jericho is canceled, I'd like the creators/producers/writers tell us fans who was behind the initial attack. Post it on CBS's site, or set up a Jericho fan site where fans can get to it. I'm sure once the info is out there, word would spread in fandom.

Is that asking too much?

OC47150
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-jerichocancellationstory,0,5645801.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

Glad to see the CBS execs realize it was a bonehead move to go on winter hiatus.

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, NBC and ABC made the same mistakes and ate it almost as hard, it's a totally stupid move, you can pull it with a show that's had strong ratings for years like ER, but when folks are just getting to know it to pull it out of its timeslot is utterly stupid, unfathomable really.

If they were smart, they'd wrap up the loose ends with a miniseries or TV movie.

Turbowars
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Well I heard about this on the radio the day it was canceled and I wasn't sure if I heard it right, but I did when I got home and talked to my wife. I'm very disappointed. It was the one and only show that I cared about and now it's gone. What a joke. I wonder if a cable station will pick it up? They do that kind of stuff right?

UKWildcat
05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I wonder if a cable station will pick it up? They do that kind of stuff right?

It is possible, but it very rarely happens. I was really hoping, last season, that SCI-FI was going to pick up Surface when NBC cancelled it. It was rumored, but of course it never happened. :(

pegger
05-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Just a couple of links guys:

1st - a petition site to keep Jericho on:

http://www.petitiononline.com/09272006/petition-sign.html

2nd a link to a response from CBS president Nina Tassler on all the emails, etc... they've been getting.

presidenthttp://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=5195

Seems that CBS has been getting quite the ride from the fans!

I'd also like to point that I said the mid-season break would come back to haunt them here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33187&page=4

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Just a couple of links guys:

1st - a petition site to keep Jericho on:

http://www.petitiononline.com/09272006/petition-sign.html

2nd a link to a response from CBS president Nina Tassler on all the emails, etc... they've been getting.

president http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=5195

Seems that CBS has been getting quite the ride from the fans!

I'd also like to point that I said the mid-season break would come back to haunt them here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33187&page=4

Ah, man,that President of CBS can kiss my a--. Since when is 8-9 million viewers bad for a show anyway, especially going against Fox and their Idol Wed?? JERICHO was averaging what, 10-12 during the fall, same as NUMB3RS and since CBS boned it over with the hiatus, they cancel it. I'm still irritated by this and the Pres of CBS can go right to hell along with their crappy fall lineup. I refuse to watch their network, period.

I am chuckling at the over 400 replies to her post too, but i am irritated at how some are urging us to buy season 1. Why the hell would I buy a show that only has one season and no conclusion?

I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that another network, like TNT or FX or something thinks about picking up JERICHO as averaging 8-9 million viewers a week would be amazing for them. It's a longshot, but it's hope.

pegger
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I won't buy season 1 without a season 2 coming out...

I liked the conspiracy theory that Jericho was cancelled due to "other pressures"...

BountyHunterScum
05-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Jericho was boned on purpose, it deviated from the normal programming designed to brainwash us into drones. I considering dumping all three CSI's. I may steer clear of CBS from now on.

OC47150
05-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, NBC and ABC made the same mistakes and ate it almost as hard, it's a totally stupid move, you can pull it with a show that's had strong ratings for years like ER, but when folks are just getting to know it to pull it out of its timeslot is utterly stupid, unfathomable really.

If they were smart, they'd wrap up the loose ends with a miniseries or TV movie.

ABC also said they'd to a TV movie to tie up loose ends from Geena Davis's Commander in Chief TV show. But a year later, still nothing.

Rumor floating around on IMDB was that the series was being shopped around to TNT and Sci-Fi. I'm not holding my breath.

UKWildcat
05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
That would be awesome if TNT or SCI-FI picked it up, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
ABC also said they'd to a TV movie to tie up loose ends from Geena Davis's Commander in Chief TV show. But a year later, still nothing.Did they? That sucks of them.

Rumor floating around on IMDB was that the series was being shopped around to TNT and Sci-Fi. I'm not holding my breath.Neither likely has the budget to pull it off, especially now that TNT is producing Law & Order: Criminal Intent. If Sci-Fi picked it up they'd have a coup but it'd have to be shoehorned into their hapless schedule.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
If you head over to the CBS boards, they have a few Thank you posts from the fellas who played Gray, Eric, and Stanley. If they're legit or not, I don't have a clue; i like to think they are. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

The movement to save the show has made some headlines on various sites and whatnot. Pretty good to know that fans are at least doing something to save the show.

http://entertainmentnow.wordpress.com/2007/05/19/the-save-jericho-campaign/
http://memles.wordpress.com/2007/05/20/a-word-of-warning-to-the-save-jericho-campaign/
http://iamatvjunkie.typepad.com/i_am_a_tv_junkie_a_blog_f/2007/05/wanna_know_what.html
http://www.film.com/tv/story/jerichocancelledviewersshouldcancelcbs/13982602/14544090
http://www.kbsd6.com/Global/story.asp?S=6537960
http://www.soundthesirens.com/news/?p=866
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32716
http://www.thestar.com/artsentertainment/article/215216
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1236653
http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2007/05/early_buzz_hero.html
http://tv.ign.com/articles/790/790075p1.html
http://www.premiumhollywood.com
http://www.soundthesirens.com/news/?p=870
http://news.myspace.com/arts/screenwriting/item/3595712
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2812959
http://copywriteink.blogspot.com/2007/05/going-nuts-cbs-in-crisis.html
http://entertainmentnow.wordpress.com/2007/05/19/the-save-jericho-campaign
http://www.syfyportal.com/news423672.html

I'm not holding my breath as, well, CBS is crap. I did laugh though as somebody pointed out that JERICHO got better ratings than the CBS news with Katie Couric. That made me chuckle. :thumbsup:

pegger
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm amazed that the outcry is still going on.

I think the best tag i've read there so far it "Save Jericho, Save the World"

OC47150
05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow! Talk about some passionate people.

Some of the comments are kinda humorous to read.

BountyHunterScum
05-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Kiss my a** CBS is afoot too. NUTS!!!!!!!

OC47150
05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Kiss my a** CBS is afoot too. NUTS!!!!!!!

That's the spirit!!!! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I've actually stopped looking at CBS period because of their stupidity. CSI is too redundant in my opinion same crap different episode. They only vary a little to make it seem new.

OC47150
05-22-2007, 02:10 PM
The reasons why I watch CSI: Emily Proctor, Melina K., Anna Belknap!! :whip:

I like the original CSI the best.

And, sorry to say, I watch CBS the most.

BountyHunterScum
05-22-2007, 03:46 PM
The reasons why I watch CSI: Emily Proctor, Melina K., Anna Belknap!! :whip:

I like the original CSI the best.

And, sorry to say, I watch CBS the most.

Two of them are married but Procter isn't unless I'm mistaken which is possible since I really don't keep up with celebrity personal lives except the ones trying to be force fed to me by the imperialistic media.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-23-2007, 12:28 AM
The only other shows I watch on CBS are Numb3rs and Ghost Whisperer. I was watching Threshold last year but that got canceled mid-season.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
The online petition has over 71,000 signatures: http://www.petitiononline.com/09272006/petition.html

I signed it. Can't hurt, right? The gentleman who played Hawkins (name eludes me now) posted a thank you on the CBS boards. pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh, what the heck! I signed it too!!

pegger
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Hawkins, Stanley, Mayor Grey, The blonde chickee, some of the writer, what's his name from New Bern (the one that tried to stop the fighting - not Constantino) have also posted thanks on the boards as well....

It's pretty amazing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Hawkins, Stanley, Mayor Grey, The blonde chickee, some of the writer, what's his name from New Bern (the one that tried to stop the fighting - not Constantino) have also posted thanks on the boards as well....

It's pretty amazing.

I agree. I can honestly say that I haven't heard of a larger fan outcry than what we JERICHO fans are doing. There could be hope yet.

I'm sending out some physical, snail mail letters tomorrow. I'm going to rework my initial letter I posted, make it a bit nicer and not crack on their crappy Fall lineup, which was removed from their website, BTW. I'll post addresses too once I get them tonight.....after LOST. :crazed: :thumbsup:

Also, this article is HYSTERICALLY AWESOME: over 80K POUNDS of NUTS have been sent from NUTSONLINE to CBS:

http://copywriteink.blogspot.com/2007/05/shipping-nuts-nutsonline.html

Gonna donate too!! heheeh :thumbsup:

pegger
05-23-2007, 09:34 AM
The fact that they have mailed over 80K lbs of nuts to CBS is hilarious. People are crazy...

UKWildcat
05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
That is awesome! lol :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
05-23-2007, 05:27 PM
LOL @ eighty thousand pounds of peanuts that's funny. Glad I don't have to eat any of that lately peanuts are giving me stomach aches.

OC47150
05-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Entertainment Weekly's blog addresses the Jericho issue.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/05/jericho_one_wee.html#more

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Skeet drops by the CBS boards! http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=8046

And that petition is up to 76K sigs! Well done folks! :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Reading the actors and actresses' comments make you believe they were under the assumption the show was coming back, and that they are just as shocked as the fans when the show was canceled.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-27-2007, 06:42 PM
More great links!!

http://copywriteink.blogspot.com/2007/05/feeling-fallout-nielsen-over-jericho.html

Interesting quote from the article

"We were all stunned when we didn't get the second-season pickup, but our fans have completely surprised us. This outpouring of support means the world to the Jericho cast and crew. Knowing that Jericho touches so many people has completely humbled us," Karim Zreik, producer of Jericho, told E! Online. "I don't know what's going to happen next. CBS and Paramount are still weighing their options. We hope to know more by next week."

Is there hope yet?!?!

http://www.hsconnect.com/include/articles.asp?articleID=14122

http://blogs.mediavillage.com/movie_perceptions/archives/2007/05/save_jericho_sa.html

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=5df25b71-547a-4344-a02d-ca7eafd9e8be

I also laughed as there is a video on the nuts site of a brief blip on some news station in the mid-west and I went to their website and they had an ad for the CBS Innertube where it had 'WATCH YOUR FAVORITE SHOWS ONLINE" and guess what it randomly had on it: JERICHO. (attached a pic of it for kicks!)

The online petition is at over 88K signatures! :thumbsup:

and here are the addresses:

Mr. Kelly Kahl, Senior Executive Vice President of Programming Operations
51 West 52nd Street
NY, NY 10019

Ms. Nina Tassler, President
CBS Entertainment
7800 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036-2112

Leslie Moonves, President and CEO
CBS Corporation
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

I've been busy due to work, but I did send my e-mail weeks ago. With two days off beginning tomorrow, i'm going to rework my letter and send it to these addy's tuesday morning.

Also, i guess i had my numbers wrong on the nuts as according to nutsonline, they've sent nearly 24K pounds.

I just donated 5 bucks to the movement at Nuts Online. Here is the message I included:

Greetings CBS! As a 25 year old Graduate Student/Instructor, I'm really disappointed you would chose to cancel such a great show.

I urge you to give this show another season and GIVE IT THE SUPPORT IT DESERVES. It was always exciting, well written, and enjoyed by nearly 9 million viewers each week. I believe if you give it another chance with some support and proper scheduling, it will do incredibly well. All this buzz by we, the fans, have created more interest around it and this would more than likely get the show more viewers.

Again, I urge you not to cancel JERICHO as it was one of the best shows on TV and one of the more original and exciting dramas on your network.
Thank you for your time,
- (name)

If you're so inclined, head over the site and donate now!
http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

There are also some GREAT pics of the movement in action: http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho#photos

And I want one of those NUTS FOR JERICHO shirts, now! :crazed: And the nuts aren't being trashed by CBS, they're being sent to soldiers in Iraq and given to various food groups in NYC and whatnot. So, it's going to great causes all around!

And this movement is creating a massively huge buzz; there are hundreds of links about the protest, but i'm only posting a few. If by some chance, our luck changes and CBS brings it back, i'll let you kids know! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Hate to double post, here is a great article written by copyright, Ink, I think that's the name.

Marketing Jericho: Season Two

As rumors continue to surface (and they are only rumors) that Jericho might score its miraculous second season, the first step for CBS would be to fix the show's marketing message.

If anything kept potential viewers at bay, it was one simple oversight: CBS never redefined the show from how it started to what it became.

Case in point, the original plot line read something like this...

A nuclear mushroom cloud appears on the horizon -- and for the residents of Jericho, a small Kansas town, it could mean they're the only Americans left alive.

I bounced this off a few friends and family members this weekend and none of them were interested. Who wants to see people die of radiation poisoning or be evaporated under the heat of a nuclear blast? We saw enough of that, years ago, with the movie The Day After, they said.

The descriptor is also responsible for most critics rounding up the serial as a "nuclear apocalypse drama," which conjures up those same images of radiation sickness and despair. BUT that's not the show that captured millions of fans despite a midseason break. These fans, the ones responsible for the biggest show cancellation protest in history, saw something else.

Jericho is a story of survival in a small Kansas town that has been mostly cut off from the outside world after a disaster shatters what most of us take for granted in America.

"Wow!" My friends and family, who have never watched the show, said. "Now that is something that sounds worth checking out."

Hmmm ... so a "small town survival drama" beats a "nuclear apocalypse drama." Go figure.

The above description of the show, based loosely on a compilation of fan comments I read over the last few weeks as they campaign to entice new viewers to download the series on iTunes, drives more interest and adds understanding why this fan protest has tipped from viral into the mainstream.

That's right. The Jericho fan movement has officially tipped, after capturing the attention of the The New York Times.

“We are impressed by the creativity of their campaign,” Chris Ender, a CBS spokesman in Los Angeles (which received far fewer nuts than Manhattan), told The New York Times. But so far executives haven’t changed their decision about the show, he said.

(Don't worry Mr. Ender. Jericho fans are lining up a West Coast nut company just so the Los Angeles offices will not feel left out.)

Maybe the executives will change their minds today. Dubbed "Super Nut Tuesday" by fans all over the world, today is the day that NUTSOnline delivers 5 tons of nuts to CBS offices today (the largest gift delivery of nuts in history and only a fraction of the 26,000 pounds purchased for CBS at a single store). At least ten "Jericho Rangers" (a name given to active fans) will be there when the nuts arrive to help unload.

Today is also the day that fan ads break in Variety magazine and The Hollywood Reporter, after the fundraising was so successful that Jericho Lives had to ask fans to STOP sending in donations (at least until the next ad).

These tactics are just the tip of a larger, somewhat makeshift but respectable strategy, which has also resulted in securing more than 90,000 signatures to save the show. For the most complete picture of the mounting news coverage and buzz, drop by Jericho Links.

Or, visit the CBS Jericho message boards where many efforts have unfolded in real time. The boards also include a growing number of actor and producer comments, thanking the fans for their support.

Dollar for dollar ... pound for pound ... the Jericho fans might produce some scrappy marketing material and unsure public relations practices, but the results speak for themselves. They have generated more media coverage, marketing buzz, and interest in the show after a few weeks than CBS did all season. You have to admire that, whether Jericho fans get their wish for a second season or not.

I mailed off my two letters this morning and on the letter to Tessler, I was tempted to write CBS "ENTERTAINMENT" in quotes for kicks, but decided against it. hehehehe :thumbsup:

Also, here is the ad that was put in today's issue of Variety. I think it cost over a few grand and fans raised the $$ themselves. http://www.bringjerichoback.com/pdfs/Jericho_Variety_4C.pdf for a great copy of it!! :crazed:

OC47150
05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going and going...

The local paper had a small update about the campaign. The petition has more than 90,000 signatures. Most impressive.

pegger
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Rumours starting to float about bringing it back mid-season....

Supposedly they stopped shipping items of the set - and "Jericho" hasn't been torn down yet....

UKWildcat
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Just read this article (http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Jericho-Verge/800016482)today... I really hope something like this pans out.

OC47150
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Power of the people!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Just read this article (http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Jericho-Verge/800016482)today... I really hope something like this pans out.

That's great!!! Hopefully, CBS will wise up and just give it a full damn season already. :thumbsup:

Turbowars
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Cool! I wonder if all this cancellation business was all BS. A publicity stunt maybe? I don't know, It just came to mind. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Various rumors on the 7-8 episode renewal:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20041440,00.html?cid=recirc-peopleRecirc

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/06/its_official_th.html#more

I guess the hopes would be that they bring back the show and if it gains a larger audience, extend the episode order and if not, show these last 8 episodes to shut us up and then kill it again. I'm hoping for at least 16 episodes or so. we'll see though as NOTHING is official. :thumbsup:

edit: article from CNN talking about the protest: http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/06/jericho.cancellation.ap/index.html

UKWildcat
06-06-2007, 08:22 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official motherscratchers, Jericho will be returning! 7 episodes slated for mid-season '07-'08.

Here is a link the the story (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TV_CBS_JERICHO?SITE=NEYOR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT).

I'm happier than all getout.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2007, 11:17 PM
AWESOME!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is the official blip from Tassler @CBS website:

June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)

So, we're back at square one. Some of the cast might be missing and stuff, but i'm optmistic that things will work out nicely. and if the show gets more viewers, more episodes will be ordered!! I'm thinking this press of the movement should give the show a nice boost. Good job to those who sent e-mails and stuff. Rest of ya.....ya lazy bums. hehehehehhe :thumbsup:

Turbowars
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Fantastic news! Honestly I thought the show was gone for good. I signed the petition and sent a few e-mails. I'm glad that we made a difference. :thumbsup:

pegger
06-07-2007, 04:58 AM
This was awesome news. I'm with Turbo - I thought the show was gone.

I love the ps line...

OC47150
06-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

pegger
06-07-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm just happy they solved this before Big Brother started - so I can watch it now!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Article from the NY Times about the renewal: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/09/arts/television/09jeri.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=television

Pretty funny thank you video from the guys who played Brad, Bob, and Richard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6CrMpdVlQ

Really cool thank you post from Lennie "Hawkins" James- http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=13544

and Michael "Grey" Gatson: http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=13740

These should take you to the posts, but if not, just head to the first page of each thread. We're posters, you know the drill. :p

http://onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/jerichoreturns.html- Pretty standard blip with Brad, but he mentions that the show starts shooting at the end of July and there isn't any word on when it'll be put back on the lineup.

and finally, here is a blip from the CBS web team about reruns:

“Jericho” will return to the CBS Television Network on Friday, July 6. The Network will rebroadcast episodes from the first season on Friday’s at 9:00 pm for the remainder of the summer. Please look for an official announcement tomorrow with more details.

so, spread the word to new fans who are interested that the show begins again July 6th!!! :thumbsup:

OC47150
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I have been impressed with the cast's reaction to all of this. I think them taking the time to respond to the fans on the various boards speaks very highly of them. Class acts, every one.

I will be will be watching when the show returns!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Season 1 DVD out October 2nd! Artwork here: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/jericho.html

Very simple, very gritty, very AWESOME. This is now a definite purchase. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Interesting artwork. hmmmm.... I like it. It's not what I was expecting, but I like it. :thumbsup: Def. purcahse for me too. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Reminder: JERICHO kicks off again tonight @ 9pm. Tell your friends! :thumbsup:

BountyHunterScum
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I bought this because of Jericho.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0502071427.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/0502071427a.jpg

JediTricks
07-08-2007, 11:28 PM
That's nice, what scale is it?

Turbowars
07-08-2007, 11:43 PM
That's nice, what scale is it?Isn't obvious JT, it 1:1. James31278 must be loaded to buy that beauty! ;)

That's a nice model James. Makes me want a real one BAD!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
If that's 1:1 then he has the thickest windows and cheapest-looking trim ever on a full-sized car, and the cops are going to pull him over as soon as they see that painted-on license plate. ;) That fat glitter paint would look rad on this car scaled up to 1:1 though.

It looks 1:18th to me but some of it clues 1:24th as well, both are respectable scales in my book.

BountyHunterScum
07-09-2007, 11:10 PM
1:18 scale. It didn't cost a bunch even though I found out later a boxed one can go for over $100 if the seller wants that much. Someone did but I haven't actually looked to see if it's really going for that much. Jake's car is a 1969 Hemi Roadrunner just like this only his is darker blue.

OC47150
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Gotta grip here for a second.

I have to give CBS credit for re-airing episodes this summer. But this week's episode starts about mid-season, like around the winter break.

What about the first part of the season? I enjoyed watching the pilot episode again last week and was looking forward to the nasty rain episode and the library/school burning down.

What gives?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
If i remember correctly, this weeks episode is the recap of the first half of the season. I think they're just doing this to save time, but they are airing the last half of the season which in my opinion, was the better half. :thumbsup:

OC47150
07-11-2007, 12:22 PM
It's on for two hours Friday, Guyute. The recap and then the episode where Jake, Johnston, Heather and Dale go to the trading post for windmill parts.

OC47150
07-11-2007, 12:23 PM
And you're right: the second half of the season was better.

Nice to have seen the entire season again, uninterrupted.

OC47150
07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
I bought the latest edition of Non-Sport Update to get the SW promo card. To my surprise, there was a Jericho promo card included!

A series of trading cards are due out in August. That had to be in the works before the show was canceled in May.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Some news from the JERICHO home front!! Since "Viva Laughlin" bombed (pun) after about what, five days and two episodes? JERICHO is on the horizon.....probably for January.

From TVguide.com:

Viva Laughlin has crapped out. After scoring a miniscule 1.2 rating in
viewers 18 to 49 in its time period premiere on Sunday, CBS is getting ready
to pull the plug on its musical drama after only two episodes. An
announcement is expected as soon as Monday afternoon. The Amazing Race is the most likely candidate to take over the 8 p.m. slot on the night. While CBS has new episodes of Jericho ready to go, the network is leaning toward launching it later this season rather then use it as Laughlin replacement. With a writers’ strike possible, the network wants fresh scripted shows at the ready. CBS will also want a few weeks to promote Jericho before its premiere. —Reporting by Stephen Battaglio

I think returning in January is a pretty smart decision, especially since ratings dropped for not only JERICHO, but A LOT serialized shows after last winter's hiatus.

And seriously, does anybody else just find it HYSTERICAL that CBS and their new Fall Season is pretty abysmal? "Viva" is done, "Cane" and "Kid Nation" are losing viewers and i'd just love to think that this is partially due to the millions of JERICHO fans who refused to watch any of their new programming. Hell, i barely zip over to CBS for football! I also picked up the DVD a few weeks ago but took it back as I won't have time to watch it until mid december, so i'll pick it up again, hopefully on sale for a bit cheaper! :thumbsup:

Also, SDCC had a behind the seasons clip from the new season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dptuiHbYx_M

beware spoilers and all that jazz. I wasn't a fan of the music,but oh well. I did like Lennie James comment and seeing everybody back together. :thumbsup:

Also, I read that they've filmed a few different endings depending on how ratings are and I also read that Sci Fi had expressed interest in picking up the show a week or so before CBS brought it back. CBS says that another network had no influence on their decision. Yeah, right. :crazed:

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Cane sucks too I don't know what it is with this latino drug dealer/criminal sh-t tv has been glorifying over the years. It's playing on that typical cliche. CBS nobody cares anymore flush it and get off the toilet.

OC47150
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I figured it was just a matter of time.

With a possible writers strike looming, it makes sense to hold off on Jericho just a tad longer.

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I figured it was just a matter of time.

With a possible writers strike looming, it makes sense to hold off on Jericho just a tad longer.

I took one good look at cane and knew it was sh-t right off the bat. At least Moonlight is cool.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I watch all of CBS's Friday night lineup, but I don't think I'm watching anything else on that network.

OC47150
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
For those who watch Dexter on Showtime, how much has been edited for the network TV version? I've been watching it on Sunday nights and been wondering. The language is the obvious change but what about blood?

JediTricks
04-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm told it's far gorier, more sex too. I've only seen the TV cut as well though.

Tonysmo
04-09-2008, 05:12 AM
OMG..

you put dexter 1st in the title of the thread – I get a cartoon reference within the 1st three posts and then 20 friggin pages of Jericho!! Yikes!!

DEXTER!! He rocks.. I havent seen the TV version, but the showtime version should be the only way to see the series.. and after the 1st episode the wife and I got hooked very quickly. I cant wait for season 3. it wasn’t ever really too gory or too full of nudity on showtime.. some boobage here'n there but that’s really about it. his sister cussed like a sailor though.. everyone did actually but dex.

Overall… GREAT SHOW!! Showtime has really been putting out some decent shows with weeds and dexter :)

UKWildcat
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
... and don't forget about Californication. :thumbsup:

I've been watching this Tracey Ullman State of the Union show but I haven't found it to be all that funny; disappointed in it really.

I never did watch Dexter, which I regret. I won't watched an edited version on CBS though. I will probably rent the show through Netflix, or buy the seasons (if I can get them cheap enough), or catch them OnDemand (if they have all the episodes available at some point). I've heard nothing but good things about this show and I love Michael C. Hall, ever since I first watched Six Feet Under. Yeah, I'll definitely get to this show at some point.

OC47150
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I tape Dexter and watch it later. I have to tell you: the commerical time between breaks is very short, so I figure it's a full hour.

sith_killer_99
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Well, I found this thread about "Dexter, Shark and Jericho" but really just wanted to talk about Dexter.

This has been an outstanding season. I love the show and discovered it a few months ago, shortly before Season 3 started. I bought Season 1 on DVD and downloaded Season 2 from iTunes before it hit on DVD.

Anyway, I love the direction this season has taken. Dexter trains another killer, confides his deepest darkest secret, then it all goes wrong.

Wow, just 2 more episodes left, I wonder how they will resolve the mess they have created, and I loved the way this episode ended.

Dexter kidnapped by the skinner! WOW!!!:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, I found this thread about "Dexter, Shark and Jericho" but really just wanted to talk about Dexter.

This has been an outstanding season. I love the show and discovered it a few months ago, shortly before Season 3 started. I bought Season 1 on DVD and downloaded Season 2 from iTunes before it hit on DVD.

Anyway, I love the direction this season has taken. Dexter trains another killer, confides his deepest darkest secret, then it all goes wrong.

Wow, just 2 more episodes left, I wonder how they will resolve the mess they have created, and I loved the way this episode ended.

Dexter kidnapped by the skinner! WOW!!!:D

I'm in the same boat as I got into DEXTER when season 1 hit DVD; I had caught some of it on CBS and wanted to see it unedited and whatnot. I bought season 2 when it came out and have been keeping up with season 3 thanks to the WWW.

And i gotta agree that this season has been outstanding, in my opinion their best season yet. It's been full of twists and turns and I love the subplots too, with Angel, vince, and to a point, even Deb.

I loved the real plot behind the "kidnapping." That was pretty hilarious.

The promo for the finale looks really insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W23209Ui-Ck (potential spoilers).

Really lookin' forward to it. I've already ordered the figure and i'm tempted to get a bobblehead or several. hehehhee :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-12-2008, 07:52 PM
My sister was fishing in Marina Del Rey when they filmed part of the finale a few months ago. They told her to leave the fishing dock so she got into an argument with the crew, they ended up working something out for her to fish on a nearby dock, she saw a major spoiler got to tell the show's main producer she didn't want event X happening, he suggested maybe it was a dream sequence, she didn't buy it. :p They also let her grub on the craft services table, where she ended up meeting Michael C. Hall, who may have been a little put off by her dragging her fishing gear around his food. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
12-12-2008, 10:25 PM
ROTFL....LOL

That's great JT!:D

OC47150
12-13-2008, 07:34 PM
My sister went to college with Michael C. Hall. She remembers seeing him in some of the college plays and stuff, and walking around campus.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
I REALLY enjoyed the finale of DEXTER this past week. It didn't have the usual serial killer dexter we've come to see, but to me the main plot of the season was with Miguel and that was wrapped up very well. I also loved the ominous imagery that ended the finale: dexter's blood on Rita's white dress. Very symbolic.

and if anybody else wanted one, the limited Dexter SDCC poster is up at showtime's store. I bought one. hehehehe :thumbsup:

OC47150
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
The Jericho storyline will continue...in a comic book!

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-jericho-skeet-ulrich-pilot-comic-book,0,3664750.story