PDA

View Full Version : Saga RPG Edition

pbarnard
10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
For those who don't know (or care) there is going to be a version 3.0 of the Star Wars Role Playing Game. The folks at WotC are developing an all new game mechanics (more like shifting it away from D&D and more toward d20 Modern). It's due out sometime early next year as part of the 30th Aniversary celebration and will be the first book to cover material from all 6 movies, all EU (through summer 2006), and what not. It is also the first RPG product to be released in over since 2003.

There was recently a developer's chat.

Developer Chat Transcript
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=233943

Could this post please be moved into Other Star Wars Collectibles? Posted here by accident.

Phantom-like Menace
10-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Another version? I used to play the d4 WEG roleplay weekly about ten or so years ago. I played the second version a couple of times, but when I moved away from home, I haven't had any friends who are interested. I remember it being right after Episode I, and my brothers and I hastily modified the rules to make our 'saber fights quicker and dirtier. We had one hell of an epic fight. I couldn't see myself having to learn yet another version.

pbarnard
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Another version? I used to play the d4 WEG roleplay weekly about ten or so years ago. I played the second version a couple of times, but when I moved away from home, I haven't had any friends who are interested. I remember it being right after Episode I, and my brothers and I hastily modified the rules to make our 'saber fights quicker and dirtier. We had one hell of an epic fight. I couldn't see myself having to learn yet another version.

What makes it worse, to me anyways, is that it is the version that the people at swrpgnetwork.com want. Largest group of synchophant suck ups you'll ever meet. They tried to pose as just a fan site until they started getting published by other game companies, and than they were eligible for to write for a Star Wars product as "published authors". Course, I wonder if them taking over and writing more and more for WotC has anything to do with the declining sales of all the books they wrote and eventual "hiatus" of the RPG line.