PDA

View Full Version : Mix and Match up Vintage

Funny Money
10-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone-
I need some advice, I have several vintage figures that I am finally getting around to displaying and completing. My problem is, I have several duplicate figs that have different flaws. Such as, '77 Leia, one has yellowing torso, one has bad face paint, one with yellowing limbs, one is perfect except for bad hair paint, etc... Has any one ever popped a vintage head off and placed it on another of the same figure to get a more "minty" one? If so, how and what were the problems if any? I have heard of boiling water and popping off heads of modern figs. Same result here??? If I remember, the heads are not on joints, but on a "nail head" type post that would be impossible to remove without prying the figure apart at the seams... Please help.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Might work. You might want to try the customizing section though.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Some heads I recall being more fragile than others (X-Wing Luke, Hoth Han, Bespin Luke, 1st Bespin Guard come to mind). But it should work; I did it many-a time back in tha day.

sjd9299
11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
You will have trouble with the older heads. The first Leia's head has a rather large base under there and will not pull out with ease. I know this because I tried and it snaped the back right in half. You may want to see if anyone else had some luck with this. Now the Jedi heads come off a little easier. Squidhead comes to mind as one I popped off pretty easy.