PDA

View Full Version : Gragra

sebillba
10-27-2006, 02:01 PM
I've just received a few of the Naboo figures, which I had to get mail order, and am not happy with how Gragra looks in the package...mine has a very wonky mouth, with the lower jaw totally misalligned with the top, making her look like she's been punched in the mouth, or has got a very lopsided grin. Has anybody opened one of these, and can tell me if the jaw can move from side to side as well as up and down? I don't want to open it up to find out, as if it's going to be stuck in this position, I might see if I can get it changed.

jedi master sal
10-27-2006, 03:08 PM
I've just received a few of the Naboo figures, which I had to get mail order, and am not happy with how Gragra looks in the package...mine has a very wonky mouth, with the lower jaw totally misalligned with the top, making her look like she's been punched in the mouth, or has got a very lopsided grin. Has anybody opened one of these, and can tell me if the jaw can move from side to side as well as up and down? I don't want to open it up to find out, as if it's going to be stuck in this position, I might see if I can get it changed.

It definitely moves up and down. I haven't tried side to side, so I can't say there. It's not the greatest of figures, but fills a nice hole. (Besides, how much talking you think you're going to make her do??? heh heh)

sebillba
10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks or that, though I wasn't so much bothered about making her talk, more if it's likely I'll be able to easily reposition the jaw so it's not wonky, or if I've got a duffer I need to exchange.

JediTricks
10-27-2006, 04:17 PM
The jaw on mine doesn't move side to side, it has blocks inside to prevent this, but when the mouth is all the way open I suspect the blocks come too far out, since it's on a separate joint it's possible it moved or the head moved separately from it.

plasticfetish
10-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Has anybody opened one of these, and can tell me if the jaw can move from side to side as well as up and down?Just up and down.
<--- See avatar at left. :)

sebillba
10-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Cheers guys. I took a risk and opened it, hoping it would pop back into place.... it did, but it's very loose and wobbly - won't even stay in the closed position, just drops open again. Will look ok on display I suppose, but if it continues to bother me, I'll just have to get another :(

JediTricks
10-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Nod Gragra's head forward and it'll close the mouth up better. If you notice in PF's animated avatar, the mouth isn't actually opening, the head is leaning backwards.

sebillba
10-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Ok, thanks JT, that's kind of done the trick, and she looks ok on display. The wobblyness still bugs me, but I have plenty of other figures with loose waists, knee joints, arms that fall off at the elbow, etc, so this is hardly the only figure I have quality issues with.

JediTricks
10-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Damn, PF changed his 'tar and ruined my post! :p Glad to hear your Gragra is working out ok now.

plasticfetish
10-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Sorry about that... got so excited about the new one. ;) (Just click on the image below.)