PDA

View Full Version : PICS of 4 new Battle Packs!

Battle Droid
10-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Ambush on Ilum New Snow Bunny Padme & Two Chameleon Droids!

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/10/061027_katalog_bp_4b.jpg

Capture of Tantive IV

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/10/061027_katalog_bp_3b.jpg

Training of Dagobah

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/10/061027_katalog_bp_2b.jpg

Battle of Geonosis

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news/2006/10/061027_katalog_bp_1b.jpg

El Chuxter
10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
4-inches.de apparently doesn't like linking directly to the pics. :( Going directly to the main page yields some cool, if grainy, pics.

The text (as well as I can tell) may say two droids, but one of those really looks like part of the background artwork. And I hope the final Threepio isn't that very inaccurate gold.

Sigh. I'd much rather have had Holo Dooku or neutral-posed Barriss than yet another Artoo and Threepio. But I'll suffer through them again for Padme.

Battle Droid
10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
The text (as well as I can tell) may say two droids, but one of those really looks like part of the background artwork. And I hope the final Threepio isn't that very inaccurate gold.

I dunno, Battle Packs come with 5 figures, unless the chameleon droid is so big they counted it as two figures for this one.

Phantom-like Menace
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
The text (as well as I can tell) may say two droids, but one of those really looks like part of the background artwork.

It definitely says there are two droids, but I find myself doubting it. I find it more likely they just assumed there would be five figures, so they assumed multiple chameleon droids. I'll have to pick it up either way. If the stormies are VOTC (yeah, right) I'll pick up as many of those sets as I can afford, but the Geonosis arena and the Dagobah one don't interest me at all. It would have been nice if they gave us Coleman Trebor for Geonosis. I still don't have one.

JON9000
10-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Two POTJ Rebel Fleet Troops, Two Stormies and a Vader? AWESOME!!!!! I'll take two, thanks!!!

I'm gonna pick up snow bunny padme too, of course!

These are freakin sweet I love Hasbro!

abell748
10-28-2006, 07:20 AM
I will pick up the Ilum set and that is it. I have all that I need of the other figures from the other sets. Did the Geonosis one have to have Alaya with it? We are getting her again in the Felucia BP. Even though I do not need another Coleman, it would have been a nice reason for alot of people to pick the Geonosis BP up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2006, 08:50 AM
I'll pick up the Ambush set, but the rest of them ALL look like repacks! Dammit Hasbro! :crazed:

if i'm wrong here, correct me. :whip:

Kidhuman
10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow, nice sets I will get the Ilum and very possibly the Tantive 4.

Jargo
10-28-2006, 10:43 AM
the pictures are poo. I'm intrigued by the droid in the Illum set. I didn't/haven't watched the cartoon so know nothing about it. I doubt I'd buy the set just for that one droid though. depends on higher resolution pics I suppose.

None of the other sets have any appeal to me. Though as a kid, if you could stand to end up with a million vaders it'd be a great way to even up and build up your troops with the Tantive IV set.

Dagobah set is a cool one. Could do with more scene specific well grouped sets like that. If I was interested in Yoda or Luke or dagobah I'd buy it. But I'm not and I won't.

The Geonosis set looks particularly lame and sad. Can't even see the point in releasing it. It looks like someone just grabbed a handful of the nearest figures and threw them together. I give it the distinction of winning:

"The Amazing Pig Terd Journey Of The Year Award 2006"

Because that's obviously the level that this set appears to exist at. Utter utter carp.

El Chuxter
10-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow! Not even released yet, and already been through a swine's colon! :eek:

Luuuuuuke
10-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I'll get the Tantive set and pass on the rest.

dindae
10-28-2006, 11:36 AM
I will definately get the Ilum pack and possibly the Tantive pack if I feel the extra cash in my wallet and want to bulk up on stormies and rebel troopers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-28-2006, 12:08 PM
The Ilum and Tantive IV sets both look great, and I'll pass on the others (though Dagobah is also very nice). For the Ilum set, though, I would have rather had a holo Dooku and brown-robed Yoda than the droids, but that's still okay. Hopefully C-3PO will be gray when he's released but I doubt it.

What's with the CW Obi-Wan in the Geonosis set? That's a weird choice.

DarkArtist
10-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Ilum and Tantive are definate. Might get the Jedi training one if it looks good.

mtriv73
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Tantive is going to display well, so I'll buy it. Geonosis will depend on the Superbattledroid. If it's the same old one that sags over time, forget it. Ilum is a no-brainer (and unfortunately a target exclusive if the rumors are correct.) Dagobah I'm not so thrilled with.

Tycho
10-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm impressed how they packaged these - the Dagobah set is my favorite I think.

Still, I won't buy stuff for the box - but nice job. Kids and collectors will be excited about these.

I AM definitely going for the Illum Ambush set. I read that you get two droids, plus R2, 3PO, and Padme. That's fine with me. It is possible that the 2nd droid in the back of the box is only an illustration though. We'll have to see clearer pictures.

Padme is likely the droid factory figure with a new headsculpt under the cloth hood. No matter - that's what I'd have used if I was customizing her.

But amazingly enough, Hasbro is tempting me to buy my first battle pack.

Still - the Dagobah set looks like it rocks!

To a lesser extent, so does the Tantive IV set!

JON9000
10-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Hasbro makes battlepacks so people can get a bunch of figures at a discount, and has said they are aimed at the kid market.

Nevertheless, we get a VERY nice trooper builder battlepack, and a figure collectors have been apparently CLAMORING for in an almost entirely new pack, and yet we are still unhappy because a couple of them are exclusively repacks (one an action oriented scene that kids LOVE).

I have not a one of the Dagobah figures, so I will happily buy it. :love:

Hasbro has an outstanding selection of BPs for the 30th anniversary.

kool-aid killer
10-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I really like the Tantive IV battle pack, Vaders a downer but two stormtroopers and two rebel troops isnt bad at all. Ilums not so bad either, with snow bunny Padme being a must have. The two Separatist droids might not be so bad either. Dagobah doesnt interest me so i wont be getting that, and im terribly disappointed in the Geonosis one, nothing in that one appeals to me at all.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
If Aayla's coming in the Fallucia Battle Pack, why not have put Mace in the Geonosis pack - Jango's in there and the whole Bounty Hunter vs. Jedi thing was very prominant in the area battle, as was Obi-Wan fighting back to back with the Jedi Master.

Someone else mentioned that Coleman Trebor was a hard to find figure of some degree - the same thing goes.

I have nothing against Aayla - I like her and her action figures as a matter of fact. However, she's not a main character and needn't come in 2 battle packs.

But I don't buy the things anyway, so what do I care?

BTW: I don't think these are actual pictures of the products: Look how big YODA is next to Luke and Darth. If perhaps they are no longer doing flat battlepacks, but putting them in deeper boxes, then maybe we get this size perspective. However, I think this was a photoshop job of the figures placed in an appropriate environment to suggest how it might all be set up. That might explain the distance - size effect on the droids in the Illum set.

My guess is that the figures will come less handsomely displayed in another flat box or there will at least be no way they'll create as big of box as would be required to photograph this scale perspective.

pbarnard
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Well no one has bothered to ask how many of those droids one does get with the Illum set. It is entirely possible the other one maybe background paper.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Well no one has bothered to ask how many of those droids one does get with the Illum set. It is entirely possible the other one maybe background paper.

You get 2. It says so on the German fansite. "Droid x 2" reads the same in English as it does "auf deutsch." Verstehen Sie das? Sehr gut. Und ich mochte nicht ein Aushlau gesein. ;)

Jargo
10-29-2006, 05:26 PM
what the hell is that droid anyway? doesn't look like much more than a load lifter. what's the story?

pbarnard
10-29-2006, 05:37 PM
You get 2. It says so on the German fansite. "Droid x 2" reads the same in English as it does "auf deutsch." Verstehen Sie das? Sehr gut. Und ich mochte nicht ein Aushlau gesein. ;)

Eh, things are always subject to change with Hasbro. How much you wanna bet these things are statue city to save on costs?

JON9000
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Eh, things are always subject to change with Hasbro. How much you wanna bet these things are statue city to save on costs?

given the nature of Padme's costume (skintight), SA isn't going to look very good. I would expect the standard 6 points of articulation.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
what the hell is that droid anyway? doesn't look like much more than a load lifter. what's the story?

You didn't see the Clone Wars cartoons did you? They're chameleon droids that can invisibly cloak themselves. Dooku used them to plant mines in the Jedi Temple on Illum - an ice planet where the crystals used in most lightsabers grow. Luminara and Barriss fought these things but lost and were trapped in the temple. Yoda went personally to save them - he was in the sector on a diplomatic mission that he got transport with onboard the ship of Senator Amidala. When Yoda did not return from the temple promptly (because he was fighting these droids), Padme took R2 and C-3PO out to look for Yoda and she got into some trouble with the droids herself.

given the nature of Padme's costume (skintight), SA isn't going to look very good. I would expect the standard 6 points of articulation.

Given that it's a Hasbro BattlePack and its purpose is to make Hasbro some more profit with as little of cost as possible, and they are already including newly sculpted droids (it looks like), I think Padme will be the 2003 Droid Factory Padme with a new (hooded) headsculpt. They'll recycle that way. Or did anyone think the Clone Trooper Armor Obi-Wan figure was such a great thing in last year's BattlePack?

Jargo
10-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I want to see proper hi rez images of the illum set now.

jjreason
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
That Obi Wan was God-awful - he should have been given the appropriate "Animated" treatment instead of being thrust into the regular line (just like EVERY CW figure - that way I wouldn't have "had" to buy any of them).

I want to see the pics too - it's the only one of these that's really interesting, though 2 of the others may warrant purchase.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
BTW: I don't think these are actual pictures of the products: Look how big YODA is next to Luke and Darth. If perhaps they are no longer doing flat battlepacks, but putting them in deeper boxes, then maybe we get this size perspective. However, I think this was a photoshop job of the figures placed in an appropriate environment to suggest how it might all be set up. That might explain the distance - size effect on the droids in the Illum set.

My guess is that the figures will come less handsomely displayed in another flat box or there will at least be no way they'll create as big of box as would be required to photograph this scale perspective.
Your last paragraph was correct. They always do publicity pictures like the ones on the German site, and they show up on the back of the Battlepack boxes. I assume that these Battlepacks will be in the same size boxes that all the others have been.

Also, I bet that we'll only get one Chameleon Droid in the Ilum set (even though the Dutch site says otherwise); it's far too big for them to include two. I could be wrong, though.

JediTricks
10-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh man, the one I was looking forward to, the Tantive IV, is screwed! Hasbro decided to get cute with the paint and apparently now the movie starts with Stormtroopers falling face down in mud:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160046391147
What the hell is that?!? WHY CAN'T HASBRO JUST DO IT RIGHT FOR ONCE?!?

Here's 2 of the others:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160046392137
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160046393946
They don't have the Ilum one listed yet.

dindae
10-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow that sucks. Guess that makes it an easy pass for me. Kinda curious why they choose Bespin Luke over Dagobah luke espically since they choose the Yoda that fits in the backpack. Here's hoping they will wash those Stormie before send them to the public.

kool-aid killer
10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Crap, those Stormtroopers dont look too good with the dirt across the chest and helmet. Like dindae, i hope Hasbro fixes that, if not i dont know whether i will buy one after all. Thanks for the pics, JT.

El Chuxter
10-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Why would the Stormtroopers be dirty in space?

And why would there be an interrogation droid on the Tantive IV?

pbarnard
10-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Could they just have used Sandtrooper sans shoulder paldrons and backpacks for the mock ups? (Although doesn't make sense since they have Fleet Troopers etc)

What happens if they went back to the old battle damaged CommTech chest?

JediTricks
10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Chux, I don't really mind the interrogation droid being there, it's just an accessory, maybe Vader was planning to soften up ol' Captain Antilles first. :p

Could they just have used Sandtrooper sans shoulder paldrons and backpacks for the mock ups? (Although doesn't make sense since they have Fleet Troopers etc)Doubt that's the case here, these are in full trays, that's production level, and the paint on those stormies doesn't actually match the Sandtrooper version's, for example the helmet grime on the sandtrooper is on the top of the head, not the mask; and the grime on the sandtrooper's shins goes all the way to the "shoes" where it stops unexpectedly, and these don't have that.

What happens if they went back to the old battle damaged CommTech chest?I don't think the parts would fit in those masks, so it'd come out with everything painted out of place.

Phantom-like Menace
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM

Ich kann nicht Auschlau verstehen. Ich kann es in Wörterbücher nicht finden. Wollen Sie mehr oder weniger Besserwisser sagen?

Tycho
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Ich kann nicht Auschlau verstehen. Ich kann es in Wörterbücher nicht finden. Wollen Sie mehr oder weniger Besserwisser sagen?

Es ist moglich das mein Wort ist nicht richtig, aber ich muB nicht das auf englisch sagen. Aber im Schule, ich habe alle die schlechte Worter gelehrnen -von a spaBlich Leherin, nicht bei der Lektion. :thumbsup:

By the way, all: I knew the battlepacks wouldn't look as good as the diorama pics on the German website made them look to be!

As to the mud on the stormtroopers? Well, it was raining inside the ship when the stormtroopers boarded. Remember that? They said a cloud of evil surrounded Darth Vader. Well clouds produce rain. Rain makes mud. I mean look at the floor of the Tantive 4 and you could confuse the environment with Dagobah right? I mean that's why the stormtroopers wear all that armor - to keep them dry, right?

Let me get a job at Hasbro and I'll straighten all this out.

Blue2th
10-30-2006, 05:14 PM
I won't be buying any of these except for the Illum Battlepack, cause I have all these figures. You would think Hasbro would put at least one hard to find figure in each Battlepack. Like Coleman Trebor, or even Captain Antilles, which wasn't that hard to find. I'm sure a few people missed the holo Obi-Wan though.

Jargo
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Oh - dear.

How very unattractive. An incredible waste of resources with such huge amounts of packaging for those figures to float upon. And then the emperors collostomy duty troopers in the Tantive IV set.

Oh - dear.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2006, 05:37 PM
This (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/3newbatpack2007.jpg) shows the front and back of them, side-by-side. Nothing really new but worth a look.

Boy, way to screw up the Tantive IV set. Those troopers look odd, even without the poo on them; they don't look like VOTC troopers in the actual product. I REALLY hope they make them the correct colors, and VOTC.

R2-D2 has a third leg, so he's different from the other Dagobah versions of him. Vader looks different too; look at the brown on his cape. I'll have to see better (and preferably loose) pics of these before I decide for sure.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2006, 08:32 AM
I like the "Ilum" set the best. What's the deal with the Stormtroopers on the Tantive IV being all covered in brown plop? Oops.

Blue2th
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
What's the deal with the Stormtroopers on the Tantive IV being all covered in brown plop? Oops.

That's Bantha poo-doo. On shore leave, they took a trip down to Tatooine, went to the Cantina, got stinking drunk. When they were called back all of sudden for the boarding of the Tantive, they all stumbled out of the place and fell in some poo-doo. Didn't have time to get cleaned up, or sobered up for that matter. They easily overwhelmed the Rebel Troopers in more ways than one. Vader was a little irritated, but they got the job done, and did their doody. Later they were reprimanded:whip:

JEDIpartner
11-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh... I see.

Luuuuuuke
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
After looking closer at pictures of the battlepacks I'm passing on them. They look nice, but I only collect packs for figures I really, really, really want.

Besides, I just ordered my first and only RAH figure, the Blackhole stormtrooper, so I'm going to have to pick a commensurate amount of other items not to buy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2006, 01:16 PM
RS has bigger (albeit blurry) pics of them, and the stormies are apparently the Evolutions sandtroopers without the gear. This would be good if they could freakin' realize not to paint the sand and crap all over them . . . I bet Hasbro said "put these in there, just don't give 'em the gear," and the idiots still painted the stuff on them. I MIGHT get the pack to use them on Tatooine.

They said the R2-D2 is a repaint of R3-T7 with a new head, but it kind of looks like the Sail Barge bartender figure from 2004 with new paint. Still don't know if I'll get it.

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 06:51 PM
They said the R2-D2 is a repaint of R3-T7 with a new head, but it kind of looks like the Sail Barge bartender figure from 2004 with new paint. Still don't know if I'll get it.This is absolutely correct, you can tell by the dome's radar eye and front stalk eye.

Blah, the Evolutions Sandtrooper explains the crappy paint, it's a figure I don't have so that's why it didn't occur to me before. Hasbro makes me so mad for including the dirt paint and just for using this figure in general, VOTC-level sculpting but they take out the mid-torso articulation, LAAAAME!

Turbowars
11-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking these are mock ups, the Stormies look stupid, even for Hasbro.

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 07:27 PM
They're attached to bubble trays, Hasbro BP mockups don't have bubble trays, just the cardboard tray inserts and backgrounds.

pbarnard
11-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, but while we all know that all things are subject to change until they reach the shelves, the pictures on the back are clean versions of the VOTC or Evolutions sculpt while the pack in seems to be a dirty.

Turbowars
11-04-2006, 08:08 PM
They're attached to bubble trays, Hasbro BP mockups don't have bubble trays, just the cardboard tray inserts and backgrounds.Yeah well maybe they are still mock ups. Since when does hasbro play by the rules? The funny thing is the only one that I would had bought is the one that's messed up.

JediTricks
11-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Yes, that's right, wish for them to somehow magically make this a clean VOTC figure, then Hasbro can drink deeply in your misery when you realize they screwed up again. :p

plasticfetish
11-05-2006, 05:37 AM
To date, I think I've only bothered to buy one Battle Pack, the "Skirmish in the Senate," and that was mostly for the clones and pod thing. I really don't think I'll be needing any of these either. Maybe the Ilum set, but I'd almost bet that any "new" figures come single carded at some point also.

Jargo
11-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Where are the loose pictures hmmm? i want to see what this Chameleon droid looks like.

JediTricks
11-06-2006, 01:38 AM
To date, I think I've only bothered to buy one Battle Pack, the "Skirmish in the Senate," and that was mostly for the clones and pod thing. I really don't think I'll be needing any of these either. Maybe the Ilum set, but I'd almost bet that any "new" figures come single carded at some point also.
I got ya beat, pal, I have bought exactly none. :p Tantive IV would have been my first confirmed buy... not as much anymore.

plasticfetish
11-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Hah! They obviously didn't have us in mind with these things.

I'm just curious, for you guys that have bought them... why? I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm just wondering what has drawn you to buy these sets.

Phantom-like Menace
11-06-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm just curious, for you guys that have bought them... why?

plain and simple: clones

I've only purchase Jedi Temple Assault, Skirmish in the Senate, Assault on Coruscant, and Hunt for General Grievous. Coming up I've got Mace Windu's set. Ilum may be the first I purchase with no clones it it. I almost got the Hoth battlepack from TRU a while back, because it came with several snow troopers, but I didn't.

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Exactly, I bought them for the CLones. I have the JTA, Coruscant, Mace and Hunt for Grievous. For 20 bucks, 5 figures(which now total over 30 dollars songle carded) isnt bad.

Luuuuuuke
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Same here, I really just buy the clone battlepacks. Those have all been pretty good I think. and the Mace one topped the rest. With the exception of KMart's JTA, they were all only $20.

El Chuxter
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I bought:

The Clone Wars one (can't remember the name) for the Obi-Wan and re-tooled Ani and Asajj.

Clone Assault on Coruscant: For the Clones.

Jedi Temple Assault: Again, for the Clones.

Skirmish in the Senate: Because Target eventually marked it down to less than a basic figure, and it seemed worth it at that price.

I might get this one if it looks good in person, and I'll definitely get the Illum set.

kool-aid killer
11-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Its seems there is a trend here, as ive only bought battle packs that could boost up my soldiers ranks, be it clones, imperials, or rebels. If a battle pack doesnt have any of them in it, im not going to get it. I think the only exception to that has been the one that came with Obi in clone armor, other than that ive yet to buy one that doesnt have some sort of army builders in it.

plasticfetish
11-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Skirmish in the Senate: Because Target eventually marked it down to less than a basic figureThinking back, I'm pretty sure I waited 'til I found one on clearance also.

I'll more than likely buy the set with Mace and his funky purple clones for just the same reason (for the clones), if/when I see it.

So, is there anyone out there that actually buys these to display... because they like the look and design of the packaging?

jedi master sal
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
So, is there anyone out there that actually buys these to display... because they like the look and design of the packaging?

Hell no...I popped open all of my JTA sets (I did hold one out for the longest, but then asked myselk why...so I opened that one too).

Most of the sets I bought were for clones as well. I did buy the set with Clone Armor Obi/Asaaj just for those two figs, oh and the battle damaged Anakin. Not a bad set.

Other than that, yep it's been for the clones.

Can't wait to get the Mace set. I'm passing on the Geo, Tantive, and Dagobah sets. Maybe the Tantive if the Troopers were clean and didn't have the sand painted on them. I'll definitely get 2 sets of the Ilum BP. (I need at least two CIS droids.)

But I think these sets will surprisingly not last long.
Think about it, the whole Dagobah scene in a box. Brilliant for gift sets for Christmas. Same for the Tantive set and more so for army builders. The Geo one...well sure still as a kid gift set. What's stragne is that the one least popular in the mainstream, the Ilum set, is the one that's probably most desired (or equally so to the Tantive set) by collector's than the rest. SO I think Hasbro actually did do a decent job for themselves in these sets. Doesn't help we collectors out much, but it will help the kiddies. And hey, aren't they all just young collectors anyway...heh heh.

Jargo
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
want pictures of the Chameleon droid loose NOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!

Rogue II
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm hoping we get the "Why is the Stormtrooper dirty" question in for this weeks Q&A.

mtriv73
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM

Yep, I've only bought the ones with clones and the one with the obi-wan in armor (I opened that one,) but I always buy one to open and one to keep. The backgrounds make many of these look really nice.

Oh yeah, I also bought the hoth one (and opened it) for the probe droid and the snowtroopers.

jedi master sal
11-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm hoping we get the "Why is the Stormtrooper dirty" question in for this weeks Q&A.

A VERY appropriate question to, which will no doubt be dodged.

There is NO reason the Stormie should have dirt on them. Even given they might have fallen in battle aboard the Tantive IV, their armor might have sustained some scratches to it, but NOTHING on the level of dirt that there is on those troopers...

I was actually going to get a couple of sets of these, but not with teh sand painted on them. I bought enough Sandtroopers to convert to Stormtroopers back in that wave. I don't need more WORK to make the figs I want...

Regular plain white stormies!!! That's what we need and what is needed in this Battle Pack.

NO EXCUSES HASBRO!

Rogue II
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
There is NO reason the Stormie should have dirt on them. Even given they might have fallen in battle aboard the Tantive IV, their armor might have sustained some scratches to it, but NOTHING on the level of dirt that there is on those troopers...

I was giving Hasbro the benefit of the doubt in those original pictures from the German website. I figured they was just a mock-up package using whatever version of the stormtrooper they had laying around. And, since the last 2 releases have been dirty sandtroopers... Seeing them dirty in the official photo makes me a bit nervous.

Side note: Has there ever been an official answer from Lucas on how those Sandtroopers got so muddy on a desert planet?

jedi master sal
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I was giving Hasbro the benefit of the doubt in those original pictures from the German website. I figured they was just a mock-up package using whatever version of the stormtrooper they had laying around. And, since the last 2 releases have been dirty sandtroopers... Seeing them dirty in the official photo makes me a bit nervous.

Side note: Has there ever been an official answer from Lucas on how those Sandtroopers got so muddy on a desert planet?

No but that can be explained by desert winds. The sandtroopers exuded so much boyd heat themselves that condensation "could" have built up (yes more likely on the insdie of the armor, but just go with me on this) on the armor that when a desert wind would whip sand by and around the troopers some of it stuck....
Problem solved...

(But that doesn't explain the dirt BEFORE they get planetside....Hasbro...)

Turbowars
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Well if they do come with the dirt I can take it off. It's a cool set, I mean we get 4 OT troopers.

mtriv73
11-07-2006, 07:26 PM

In 1997 Lucas said that the Dewbacks attempted to stampede the squad of troopers just after they were released from their holding pens on the transports. This caused the troopers to become scared and soil themselves. As they dived out of the way of the charging lizards, sand and dirt stuck to the moisture they had eliminated from their bodies causing their messy appearance.

This wasn't from George Lucas though, it was from Lucas L. Lucas, a frequently inebriated employee of a local store who liked to blather on about Star Wars and why puppies were the root of all evil.

On a side note: after seeing the pictures of the Tantive IV pack, I'm buying it just for the rebel troopers. Hopefully, they'll fix the stormtroopers in time (I'm sure Hasbro noticed too.) But even if they don't, I still think it's worth it for the new head sculpts on the troopers.

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=440

Yucko! Official pics of the Tantive IV set reveal not only that crappy muddy paint but the belts are on backwards and have no canisters, and the vents on the helmet "cheeks" are painted all far back. And what's with that stupid generic blue AOTC saber in Vader's hands? This set is really lacking.

Rogue II
11-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Looking at the pic again, I just noticed Vader's lightsaber is blue. And those Sandtroopers still don't have their feet painted. This must just be a mock up picture.

On the Dagobah set, is that the Saga Bespin Luke? Wonder if they kept the action feature. It's a nice set of figures, but I'm not going to buy it since I already have them all.

JEDIpartner
11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Despite the fact that they are using the moulds for the Evolutions Sandtroopers... do they have to use those paint apps???

These are all pretty much worthless save for the Rebel Troopers and the groovy Ben Kenobi ghost figures.

Passing... waiting on the Ilum set.

jedi master sal
11-08-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=440

Yucko! Official pics of the Tantive IV set reveal not only that crappy muddy paint but the belts are on backwards and have no canisters, and the vents on the helmet "cheeks" are painted all far back. And what's with that stupid generic blue AOTC saber in Vader's hands? This set is really lacking.

Okay wait just a damned minute! Take a look at the Rebel trooper in this pic (bottom right):
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/476.jpg

Is that friggin' Conan O'Brien of WHAT??

El Chuxter
11-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Holy crap! You're right.

"The Rebel Trooper attempts to defeat the Stormtroopers by singing to them, 'Old lady, go to sleep.' When this does not work, he calls in Triumph, the Insult Comic Ewok."

JediTricks
11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Looking at the pic again, I just noticed Vader's lightsaber is blue. And those Sandtroopers still don't have their feet painted. This must just be a mock up picture.Wishful thinking I suspect, the Evolutions Sandtrooper didn't have the "shoes" of the boots weather-painted either.

On the Dagobah set, is that the Saga Bespin Luke? Wonder if they kept the action feature. It's a nice set of figures, but I'm not going to buy it since I already have them all.I'm confident they'll leave the action gimmick in Luke. Looks like the OTC modified version with the shorter peg, the peg being shorter is good for the aesthetic but bad for the actual gimmick because the travel is so short that it's not much of a twist.

Haw! It's COOONNNNNNAAAAANNN O'BRIIIIIIIENNNNN!!!!

Tycho
11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
The Tantive IV set is pathetic. I'm glad I don't need these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 01:54 PM
If you look at the actual Evolutions Sandtrooper, their paint isn't even that damn thick! It appears, though, that the helmets are removable on the Troopers, which may be more of a reason to get this set.

The Bespin Luke looks like he doesn't have the blood and spit on his face, which is cool. It also looks like he's using the "weathered" paint from the original release and not the "clean" one from the OTC version, which I would've preferred. It also looks like they did indeed add a little brown to Vader's cape.

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 01:59 PM
It appears, though, that the helmets are removable on the Troopers, which may be more of a reason to get this set.

If you're going to snatch up every Imperial Hasbro wants to put out with a Jango head under a removeable helmet, I pity you. I really and truly do.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 06:30 PM
If you're going to snatch up every Imperial Hasbro wants to put out with a Jango head under a removeable helmet, I pity you. I really and truly do.
'Twas the Rebel troopers I was talking about, my friend. Rebel troopers.

mtriv73
11-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Posted on Jedi Defender...from the Hasbro Q&A

** The figure is the Evo Stormtrooper sculpt. The troopers will be clean. The dirty ones are an error at the factory that we are working to correct. As a result, this one will be delayed relative to the other two national battle packs (Dagobah and Geonosis), but should catch up in schedule quickly. These packs will be available throughout the spring ('07), so collectors should be able to pick up one or more Tantive IV sets without a problem.

They also said there will be 2 droids in the Ambush on Ilum Battlepack. One will be partially transparent.

Thank goodness. Put me down for 2 of the Tantive packs and 1 Ilum.

Tycho
11-11-2006, 10:01 AM
That's very cool. I'll definitely be buying the Illum set then. It'll be my first and only BattlePack. I bet you that one will be a quick seller with the shortest shelf-life after stocking.

kool-aid killer
11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Posted on Jedi Defender...from the Hasbro Q&A

** The figure is the Evo Stormtrooper sculpt. The troopers will be clean. The dirty ones are an error at the factory that we are working to correct. As a result, this one will be delayed relative to the other two national battle packs (Dagobah and Geonosis), but should catch up in schedule quickly. These packs will be available throughout the spring ('07), so collectors should be able to pick up one or more Tantive IV sets without a problem.

They also said there will be 2 droids in the Ambush on Ilum Battlepack. One will be partially transparent.

Thank goodness. Put me down for 2 of the Tantive packs and 1 Ilum.

Cool. So the Tantive is back on the wants list along with the Ilum one.

The Tantive battlepack could possibly be the best battle pack that Hasbro has released yet. Four army builders out of five figures, thats not bad considering how some have only one or two figures that collectors want.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2006, 02:02 PM
This news is FANTASTIC. Now I'm definitely getting the two sets! And hot damn, a solid and a clear chameleon droid, that is too cool. :cool:

dindae
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I was relieved to see that they are going to correct the dirt since I was going to get this for the new head sculpts on the rebel troopers anyway.

Jargo
11-11-2006, 02:45 PM
well that is good news.

still want to see loose pics of the ilum set though. how come no hi rez pic yet?

pbarnard
11-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I was relieved to see that they are going to correct the dirt since I was going to get this for the new head sculpts on the rebel troopers anyway.

Well if one looked at the pictures on the box art, you see clean figures. Look at the figures, dirty. Something wasn't right.

The probably delay is the tooling/molds for the droids in the illum set. Hasbro probably wants them in their posession before releasing it and hopefully not losing it.

pegger
11-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Ilum rocks....

The others will save me $$$

JediTricks
11-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Glad to see they're correcting it, sucks they're putting the set into a full quarter's delay though. And the lack of mid-torso articulation is not as good, and the backwards belt is a no-no... but there's a better chance I'll buy this set now.

Devo
11-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Yep thats great news. I was going to buy one of the Tantive sets for definite anyway because I think it was good of them to create 2 new headsculpts on the rebel trooper rather than simply repacking one of each of the POTJ and Saga variants. Now though I might get 2. Of the other sets I'll take the Dagobah and ilum ones. Not too sure about Geonosis. The best thing about that one is the lightning effect for Dooku! I've been wishing Hasbro would release that particular force effect with other sith figures as it is the most convincing blue lightning effect they've done - everything else has looked cheap and patheticly small.

JediTricks
11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Not too sure about Geonosis. The best thing about that one is the lightning effect for Dooku! I've been wishing Hasbro would release that particular force effect with other sith figures as it is the most convincing blue lightning effect they've done - everything else has looked cheap and patheticly small.I have that lighting on the original Saga figure in my "saga" shelf (the only line-specific shelf I have) and it drooped all the way to the floor unfortunately. It did hold its shape though beyond the fact that it's pointed towards Yoda instead of straight ahead, at least.

Jargo
11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
So I suppose Tantive and Ilum will ship together then? while Geonosis and Dagobah ship now?

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 03:38 PM
That looks to be the case.

Kidhuman
01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi-res pics here for the Tantive IV battle pack, seems they cleaned up the stormies

Pics (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=557)

Darth Cruel
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
The high-res shots in SSG's news shows the Stormtroopers to be cleaned-up evolutions ones. No torso articulation. I just went from wanting 25 of them to wanting 1 of them.

Jargo
01-08-2007, 08:59 PM
jeez how much unneeded packaging !!!!!? wtf! you could get ten more figures in that box. I'd sooner they shove these battle packs in white mailer boxes and just print a picture of the contents on a sticker on the front. Seriously that is so wasteful it makes me feel sick.

plasticfetish
01-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I like it!!! The classic pyramid layout, with Vader at the top displaying his famous disco fist-in-the-air pose.

:squareeye

I dunno, maybe the empty space is so that you can insert a photo of yourself or something. (Like I need another Interrogation Droid anyway.)

bigbarada
01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Why does Darth Vader have a blue lightsaber?:confused:

Anyways, looks nice and as long as the Stormtroopers stay clean (meaning, as long as Hasbro doesn't decide to add battle-damage at the last minute), I might pick up one of these.

While I would ultimately like to see a SA Rebel Trooper, these are still pretty cool.

jedi master sal
01-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Why does Darth Vader have a blue lightsaber?:confused:

Dang, that sucks about the saber...

I too was going to buy several of these, but I don't need anymore Vaders, especially with the wrong saber. The Stormies are okay but as D_C pointed out they have no waist articulation. The Rebel Fleet troopers are okay, but we really need an SA version. So I think I've gone from wanting about 8 of this set to just 1.

Another lost opportunity for Hasbro. Of all those Battle Packs the Ilum and this one were the ones I was going to get. Now it's just the Ilum one I'm looking forward to. Oh well, guess that saves me some cash.

figrin bran
01-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Pics of the Ilum pack

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Ambush_On_Ilum_Battle_Pack_Loose_Pics_102899.asp

i'm not so sure i won't this one now. the droid is the best thing about it and even then it's not exactly a winner.

plasticfetish
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Considering that all we've seen is set after set of rehashed figures, this one -- with something NEW -- looks like gold to me. (Even in those wonky phone camera photos.)

K M Toydarian
01-11-2007, 02:58 AM
I think I'm drawn to the Ilum set because it's a precursor to hoth leia and the probot droids. Only bought a couple clone heavy battle packs so far, to open, but I will get this to have the droids. I would have preferred a cartoon version though.

Tycho
01-11-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm definitely buying this!

Jargo
01-11-2007, 07:28 AM
snowbunny padme isn't up to muster with that pre-posed sculpt. the chameleon droid is interesting and large which makes it better value for money than some of those battle packs we've seen. I think I'd like the droid to have been a deluxe though. with a running change for those that care about it being mid invisible.

I'll wait and see if it goes on clearance or anyone sells the droid on ebay i think.

DarkArtist
01-11-2007, 07:33 AM
I still pick up at least one ilum if not two. two for the froids at least the rest of the figures can be custom fodder. as far as the tantive IV set, will pick up one for the rebel troops and stormies. dagobah hold nothing for me as well as the geonosis set.

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Well, I had high hopes for the set, but they arent met. Depending on how I like it inthe store will tell the tale if I get one.

dindae
01-11-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty pleased with the pictures. Can't wait to get this one.

mtriv73
01-11-2007, 08:19 AM
I think I'm going to get 2 of the tantive pack now. I really like the way they used the packaging to make it look like you're looking down the corridor. Are the rebel troopers head sculpts the same ones that came out with the head variations a few years ago? I'm sure they'll fix the blue lightsaber, but even if they don't I really don't care. You can't see it in the package and it will get stuck in a drawer when I open a set (I have enough Vaders to form a small army now.)

The Ilum set is kind of disappointing. I wish they had just released the Padme as a single carded figure and put a little more effort into articulation and design.

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 09:50 AM
(I have enough Vaders to form a small army now.)

Who doesn't

The Ilum set is kind of disappointing. I wish they had just released the Padme as a single carded figure and put a little more effort into articulation and design.

I agree with you on this one. I thought it was supposed to be released that way and as an exclusive to somewhere. Not this disappointing thing

El Chuxter
01-11-2007, 10:08 AM
She looks like they used the doofy face from the 1998 Mara Jade figure.

I'm not trying to be funny.

Tycho
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
(I have enough Vaders to form a small army now.)

Who doesn't

I don't as I don't "collect." I just buy figures specifically for the scenes I plan on recreating. That means I passed on so many Vaders, though I created new scenes for any I really, really liked - such as the Saga1 Bespin Vader in the "I am your father" pose.

I think the first figures I ever skipped were the 1998 Blast Shield Luke and New Likeness Leia (though I eventually found a use for her and bought her). Prior to that, there weren't really carded figure resculpts and there were so few figures it was almost impossible NOT to be a completist.

However, I was always an army builder and I was amassing Stormtroopers since 1995.

Jargo
01-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I didn't even know chameleon droids had been created before this pack was announced. i didn't watch the clone wars cartoon coz i don't like the animation style of bendy brofslovski or whatever he's called.
aside from being chameleon what else do these droids actually do? are they security? assasin? Grocery shoppers? Hairdressers? what?

with a little bit of customising to give it a beat up and scarred look it seems like it'd fit in with Mustafar figures.

El Chuxter
01-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Hairdressers.

They're sent by Dooku to destroy the Jedi Temple on Illum. They run across Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli and try to kill them before being taken out by Yoda and Padme.

I'm a bit disappointed that they chose to give us another Artoo and Threepio instead of Yoda, Luminara, or a new Barriss (even if she were a kitbash).

Jargo
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
especially as it's a bad version of R2....

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
You know, you got some good points there Chux. We should have gotten a Jedi, but htey would have given us Yoda anyways, so it dont matter really.

timmae
01-11-2007, 10:33 PM
all these are.......meh:o :o :o

plasticfetish
01-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Found the Ilum set. Put some boxed photos in the Database...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=20240

Loose pics to follow. (Soon I hope.)

Padme looks really good (I'll see for sure when I open the box up.) I'm actually surprised by how nice she looks... and the cloth jacket thing seems to work. The Chameleon Droids look cool also. I'd have paid $20 for those three figures, so R2 and 3PO don't matter much to me. Even though I didn't need them, it's still sort of nice to have a "snow" version of each.

(See Hasbro, put NEW FIGURES in the battle packs, and even I'LL buy them.)

Blue2th
01-22-2007, 02:27 AM
R2 and 3PO don't matter much to me. Even though I didn't need them, it's still sort of nice to have a "snow" version of each.

Yeah alot of us wanted a tan C-3PO, but these droids can pull double duty as Hoth versions.

plasticfetish
01-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Exact-a-mundo.

Darth Cruel
01-22-2007, 09:01 AM
I bought this set a couple of days ago and hate it as much as I thought I would. Padme is a statue and I do not collect statues. This figure of her takes the "action" out of action figures. Too bad to, because it is otherwise a nice sculpt. The Chameleon droids are nothing special. They are kind of a stupid design and work a lot better as animated characters than as "live action" ones. And of course, R2-D2 and C-3PO have never been my favorite choice for figures and the more of them we get, the more I dislike them.

plasticfetish
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I bought this set a couple of days ago and hate it as much as I thought I would.Why did you buy it then? To punish yourself? lol

mtriv73
02-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I picked up the Tantive IV pack at a Wal-mart in Maryland today (I actually saw it at 2 different WM's.) Needless to say, the stormies are not dirty, but they do have an odd hole in their backs for the sandtrooper backpacks.

I threw the vader in my cats' litterbox. The cats buried it immediately like the pice of carp it is.

The rebel troopers are nice. New paint jobs on what I think are old head sculpts. I could be mistaken though. They might be old paint jobs on old heads. At any rate, I bought 'em, I opened 'em, and I like most of 'em.

Darth Cruel
02-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Why did you buy it then? To punish yourself? lol

The curse of being a completist.

Now that we have determined that the Treachery on Saleucami set is a battle pack and not one of the Order 66 2-Packs, does anyone have a DPCI for it?

Edit - I guess if it is a Wal-Mart exclusive...it will not have one.

Also, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that when Stass Allie was released, she was released with a B.A.R.C. Speeder, but it shouls have been a Speeder Bike.

JediTricks
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Also, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that when Stass Allie was released, she was released with a B.A.R.C. Speeder, but it shouls have been a Speeder Bike.Yes, I did, nearly 2 years ago: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28453

:p

Tycho
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Hehe. Nothing gets by Darth Cruel ;)

Darth Cruel
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Hehe. Nothing gets by Darth Cruel ;)

LMAO - And here I sit with my humility laid bare for all to see...I am so ashamed.

What would have been worse is if I had actually seen and responded to that thread you linked to, JT. Not having seen that thread is the one small defense I have to offer, however weak it may be. And believe me I went through the thread and made sure I didn't post in it.

JediTricks
02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, if you had posted on that thread, I would have had to bust you on it and the shame would haunt you to the grave. ;)

JON9000
03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
got mine today. It rocks! The Rebel Troopers have the same head sculpt but are painted different hair colors to lend them individuality! Awesome!

DarkArtist
03-10-2007, 05:25 PM
found the Felicia and Ilum Battlepacks today at Target. They had a ton of them falling off the end cap display. Still no TAC figures yet.

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 07:44 AM
What are your thoughts on the new battlepacks listed at EE, Clone Attack and Jedi vs Sith ? are these the same ones from '05 or will they be new versions.

Dark Marble
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I am kind of hoping these will be something I can skip. I like the battle packs but at $20 a pop it is nice to see a bunch of repacks Hasbro is putting out for new fans and kids. Clone attack should be interesting...

waboritas
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Although we got the Tantive IV Battlepack that had 2 stormtroopers, I would really like to see Hasbro do a battlepack with all OT troops be it stormtroopers, scout troopers, snowtroopers, sandtroopers, Death Star troopers, imperial officers. We've got a bunch of battle packs with clone troopers, but what about the OT? If memory serves the only Battlepacks we have got with Imperial troops to date are the Rebels vs. Empire (which included one stormtrooper) and the Tantive IV (2 stormtroopers)

DarkArtist
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Although we got the Tantive IV Battlepack that had 2 stormtroopers, I would really like to see Hasbro do a battlepack with all OT troops be it stormtroopers, scout troopers, snowtroopers, sandtroopers, Death Star troopers, imperial officers. We've got a bunch of battle packs with clone troopers, but what about the OT? If memory serves the only Battlepacks we have got with Imperial troops to date are the Rebels vs. Empire (which included one stormtrooper) and the Tantive IV (2 stormtroopers)

we also got the Battle of Hoth with 2 Snowtroopers, General Veers and a Probe Droid as well as a Imperial Forces Batlepack that included Vader, AT-ST Driver, droid, and I think 1 Stormtrooper.

Darth Cruel
03-24-2007, 04:21 PM
See pic. 'Nuff said.

jjreason
03-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Cool! I'm hoping these find their way up to Canada for us.

DarkArtist
03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
See pic. 'Nuff said.

Nice find Darth Cruel, haven't seen those out yet at any of the Wally World's out here. There are people already selling these on ebay for $50 +. one auction was for the grunt and speeder only, Neyo was not offered.

DarkArtist
03-25-2007, 01:18 PM
picked up another Felucia Battlepack today for $13.48 at Target in Milltown.

Darth Cruel
03-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Here is the epitome of all things bad about collecting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VARIANT-with-jedi-Treachery-on-Saleucami-Star-Wars_W0QQitemZ150105297877QQcategoryZ2476QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

El Chuxter
03-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeesh!

Of course, why am I surprised? I discovered there are still dozens of sellers on eBay claiming that they have the extremely rare "perky" variant of the Unleashed Padme that was pulled from shelves. :rolleyes:

One guy actually was asking $33 + $7.20 shipping for a perky variant that was loose in mint condition. Only he said it was missing the chain. Not sure in what universe an item that's missing pieces is still considered mint.

If I were to sell my Padme (which I won't), I'd put in the description:

There is no such thing as a "perky" variant. They were all the same. No variations to the packaging, either. Everyone trying to pass off a rare "perky" variant, or saying this item was pulled from shelves, is a filthy liar. Yes, this is the same one that was clearanced out at stores across the nation. If you didn't get one for half price during the clearance sales, here's your chance.

JON9000
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I never knew "perky" was used to falsely denote a variant. I thought it was simply used to describe the effects of the weather on geonosis across all figures to a perv fanboy fanbase. I want one.

I got another TANTIVE IV pack today. I love these. I think I now have 8 Stormtroopers... a regular little squadron.

mtriv73
04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
What are your thoughts on the new battlepacks listed at EE, Clone Attack and Jedi vs Sith ? are these the same ones from '05 or will they be new versions.

BBTS has these listed for sale. They're calling it Clone attack on Coruscant, so I'm guessing it's the same as last year. Maybe they'll at least be repaints.

DarkArtist
04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
picked up a Capture of the Tantive IV set today. I thought the Stormies were going to be the old Comm Tech Stormies. the sets I saw today were with the VOTC stormie though.

Darth Cruel
04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
picked up a Capture of the Tantive IV set today. I thought the Stormies were going to be the old Comm Tech Stormies. the sets I saw today were with the VOTC stormie though.

You might want to double check that. Aren't The Stormtroopers in this pack the Evolutions sculpt?

pbarnard
04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes. and all the early panic by some was unnecessary. Also, there is no hole for the sandtrooper backpack either.

JediTricks
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
They're definitely the Evolutions sculpt, it's pretty different up close from the VOTC.

Yes. and all the early panic by some was unnecessary.About the paint? Absolutely there was a reason to say something when we first saw it, it's why the set had to be held back from the first wave, Hasbro realized they needed to change paint apps.

Also, there is no hole for the sandtrooper backpack either.That's dead wrong, the slot is still there. Maybe you're mistaking that with the belt cylinder slot on the TSC Sandtrooper's belt not being here, but it's not supposed to be as that is unique that TSC Sandtrooper.

waboritas
04-09-2007, 11:46 AM
The Target by me had 3 of the Tantive IV BPs on clearance for $14.01. Someone had removed the Stormtroopers from all of them (they didn't even bother to replace them with Rebels or Vaders). I would have thought we would have seen several boxes with 2 Vaders and 3 Rebel troopers. I hope Hasbro releases a BP with all Stormtroopers ala the recent Clone sets. We need more Stormtroopers and EII Clones. Take a break from EIII clones.

figrin bran
04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Battlefront Clone and Droid battlepacks?

check out this link battlefront clones (http://www.toywiz.com/clonebattlefront.html)

battlefront droids (http://www.toywiz.com/droidbattlefront.html)

TheCivilCollector
04-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Here is the epitome of all things bad about collecting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VARIANT-with-jedi-Treachery-on-Saleucami-Star-Wars_W0QQitemZ150105297877QQcategoryZ2476QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

THAT is truly pathetic.

Either (A): This guy is a victim, and fell for a switcheroo.

or (B): (More likely) He switched them himself, and is selling the other figure seperately.

Why am I thinking it would be fun for all of us to BOMBARD this guy with questions?

Darth Cruel
04-11-2007, 10:20 PM
As far as the Battlefront Clone 6-Pack goes - The sculpts look like 1 #41, 1 Bacara, 1 Jet-pack Trooper, 1 Galactic Marine, 1 Parjai Trooper, and an AT-TE Gunner. If that is the case...I am not impressed. I surely hope that I am wrong.

DarkArtist
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Battlefront Clone and Droid battlepacks?

check out this link battlefront clones (http://www.toywiz.com/clonebattlefront.html)

battlefront droids (http://www.toywiz.com/droidbattlefront.html)

I might pre-order these but I wish the pic was bigger. Huge Clone fan and would love to have some Battlefront clones to add to the mix