PDA

View Full Version : The Waterboy

Tycho
10-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I laughed until I cried a few times during this one. I love Momma's dinner menu! Geeze.

Is this the ultimate football movie or what?

Vikki Valencourt was definitely hot. "She showed me her b**bies and I liked them too!"

I remember going to see this one not only because it was Adam Sandler and it looked fun, but because the Episode One trailer was being shown with it.

That was some high quality H2O!

You gotta love the soundtrack choices and especially the flashback to the 1960's and the coaches' hairdos.

And man, did they get that lawnmower to move with some power or what? It was like they fueled it with a can of whoopass!

pbarnard
10-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Is this the ultimate football movie or what?

No, the original Longest Yard is the ultimate football movie. If you want the best portrayal of the pro game go with North Dallas Forty.

Maybe Any Given Sunday came close to getting the roles, invovlement and size of the coaching staff right.

JediTricks
10-29-2006, 12:02 AM
If I remember correctly, I went to the theater for this movie specifically to see the TPM trailer, but - just as I did Deuce Bigalow a few months later - I found the Waterboy to be far funnier than I expected. It was hardly brilliant but had plenty of funny moments, and Henry Winkler is nearly always hilarious. I dunno, this movie felt free to do what it wanted, that is part of what worked.

El Chuxter
10-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Best line:

"Who invented electricity?"
"Benjamin Franklin."
"Benjamin Franklin didn't invent electricity. I invented electricity. Benjamin Franklin is the devil!!"

2-1B
10-29-2006, 11:04 AM
I liked it but overall I was let down by it...earlier in 1998 Adam Sandler released his best (and still best to this day) movie The Wedding Singer so 9 months later or so, The Waterboy came out and I didn't like it nearly as much...nowhere near as much as TWS.

It was good though, but I don't watch it very often. It certainly does have its moments, though. lol

El Chuxter
10-30-2006, 12:34 AM
I still recall almost wetting myself when I first saw the trailer for The Wedding Singer, Cae: "Get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up!"