PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Anthrax...

sith_killer_99
10-29-2006, 12:19 AM
The band of course!

I have rediscovered the joy of listening to Anthrax. They are such a great band! Seriously, not like award winning great but they are just FUN!!!

Remember fun, music can be many things and Anthrax has always been a fun band to listen to, they have always been metal at heart, but they never took themselves too seriously. They have tried different things but they always keep it real, and yes there is some serious talent there!

So how about it, any other Anthrax fans here? LMK, if you're not toooo

An..ti..social..............you're Antisocial!!!

Stoners Rule! :smoker: :smoker:

Darth Jax
10-29-2006, 09:54 AM
they wrote songs about stephen king novels, comic books and the occasional politically/socially minded song as well. they did the metal/rap crossover long before it was the "in" thing to do. finally you've got to give them kudos for sticking with their name despite some heavy criticism to change it after the whole anthrax scare.

they've always played second fiddle to metallica in my musical tastes, but coming in second isn't so bad in this case.

dnabnikufesin.

DarthBrandon
10-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I remember Anthrax from back in the day (80's). I listened to all kinds of heavy metal back then & these guys were great fun, kinda reminded me of Tesla a bit. Loved some of their tunes:Madhouse, Metal Thashing Mad, I Am The Law, Indians, Caught In A Mosh, Misery Loves Company, & I'm The Man.

Now being a little older & with kids it doesn't quite feel the same to thrash out with them around.

2-1B
10-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I hadn't seen them live since 1998 with Pantera (and that was with the John Bush version of the band, which I love by the way) so it was exciting to see them back in July opening for Rob Zombie with Joey Belladonna back in the fold. :grin:

Nice guys, too, I was lingering around by the tour busses after the show and got to briefly meet Frank Bello which was cool but then later on I saw a guy walking over in the shadows and while I couldn't see his face the shape of the hair was not to be mistaken, it was Joey Belladonna coming over to the small crowd to say hello. lol I got a pic with him and he signed my ticket for me. They were playing their own gig the next night on their off day from the Zombie tour and they were including Among the Living in its ENTIRETY for that show but I couldn't go since I was already going to the Alice Cooper show.

No sign of Benante as I heard he left for Chicago right after the gig and Scott Ian had also left right away so I didn't see him either...Dan Spitz was on the bus and never came out, he was probably building a watch or something. lol lol lol
(I'm kidding, the sound tech guy said he was watching George Carlin on HBO).

El Chuxter
10-29-2006, 11:00 AM
There so bad, they should be put in detention.

Woah-woah! Master! Not. No-no-no-not!

2-1B
10-29-2006, 11:12 AM
"Step up Chuxter, understand, don't you know that - "

lol lol lol

JetsAndHeels
10-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I thought this thread would be about fun things to do with a hazardous substance. :)

El Chuxter
10-30-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't care. I just want to have. . .

A FESTIVAL!

sith_killer_99
10-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Fun!

You stupid idiot!:D :D

CaptainSolo1138
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Yo, watch the beat!

2-1B
10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
"well of them can suck ourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - "

El Chuxter
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
No, man, it's. . . .

shammykenobi
10-30-2006, 11:10 PM
......sexual organ located in the lower abdominal area!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2006, 01:13 AM
I recall a couple kids back in high school talking about how Anthrax had done a rap song. I wasn't familiar with their music though. My freshman year of college, a roommate had Among the Living on tape. I liked that album, or what I remember of it, especially "Caught in a Mosh" , "I am the Law" and "N.F.L". Only other thing I heard of them was their "Bring the Noise" remake with P.E., and a cover of "Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun" on the Beavis & Butt-Head Experience, which sounded pretty close to the Beastie Boys version. Since then, all I know of them is seeing Scott Ian on VH1 all the time.

And whatever happened to their plan of changing their name to Basket Full of Puppies? That would have been funny.