PDA

View Full Version : Sooo..Would YOU have bought them?

INDIANA
01-31-2002, 06:32 PM
About $250 bucks for 8 figures that will not "officially" see the light of day for 3 more months.

These things sold out quick, and I would be willing to bet more are on the way.

If I bought them and broke up the assortment, or simply left them on as a set for a few days, I wonder what the winning price would have been?

What did the preview Jango alone go for.........

chewie
01-31-2002, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't have bought them, but if I had them, I'd have sold them just like that guy did. So very easy to take crazed SW fans' money on ebay. :greedy:

Beast
01-31-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
About $250 bucks for 8 figures that will not "officially" see the light of day for 3 more months.
These things sold out quick, and I would be willing to bet more are on the way.
If I bought them and broke up the assortment, or simply left them on as a set for a few days, I wonder what the winning price would have been?
What did the preview Jango alone go for.........

Would I have bought them, hell no. I'll wait til april and pay around 60.00 for the same figures. :) 210.00 for figures early as this is lower then what he could have got.

As for the sneak preview Jango Fett, he closed for 255.00, a mind blowing ammount for any figure. Can you imagine if NobleToy would have put the figures up seperatly with no reserve and buyout. Good lord, some Star Wars fans have to much cash. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
01-31-2002, 06:56 PM
I relate it back to the Episode I merch madness. It doesn't matter where or when you get them, the first few waves are going to be so common they'll be practically worthless.

Greed is a funny thing. :stupid:

Jargo
01-31-2002, 07:29 PM
"It certainly is Stanley, it certainly is." :crazed:

JEDIpartner
01-31-2002, 08:07 PM
I think these figures are barely worth $60!!! I think $30 is more the idea!!! What a load of Kaadu crap that is! What a shame that people are just that insane (no offence there InsaneJediGirl) to pay that kind of money for what will become common goods! Silly. Very Silly.

InsaneJediGirl
01-31-2002, 09:32 PM
((Not a problem JEDIpartnr:crazed: ))

I wouldn't have paid that kind of money for the figures..Do the
people that buy these have to pay bills?Eat?Have lives??

I would feel pretty stupid if I walked in my local Wal-Mart and
saw the figures on clearance for a few dollars instead of $250
(Thats $31.25 per figure) for 8.

sith_killer_99
01-31-2002, 09:33 PM
$30.00!!!!YES, I would DEFINATLY buy these figures for $30.00!!!

$210.00 You MUST be smoking crack!:mad:

Heck, I'll feel ripped off at $60.00!

I may just buy what I like when it comes out and wait for the peg warmers to go on clearance.:D

I wish I had done that with the EP1 stuff!;)

Luckily most of the later stuff was hard to find so I got it a year later at TRU for $1.97....that includes:

R2-B1
TC-14
Swimming Jar-Jar
DM Sith Lord
Qui-Gon (Soft Goods)
Obi-Wan (Soft Goods)
Destroyer Droid (Battle Damaged)

All of which were going for over $15.00 each at one point! I'm still waiting for the Sio Bibble wave to rear it's ugly head at TRU....it will happen.

Anyway, patients is the key!;)

LTBasker
01-31-2002, 09:37 PM
*Grabs $200..looks at an auction.. then just waits a few months and gets all the E2 figures on clearance then uses the $100 the electric bill.* :D

Jayspawn
02-01-2002, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't have bought them. And if I did have them I would have sold them also.

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 01:44 AM
I'd buy them, for $30.:D :) :D

But $210. I DON"T THINK SO. A mans gotta eat.