PDA

View Full Version : TPM: MST3K style.

Rocketboy
11-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Rifftrax.com (http://www.rifftrax.com/index.php) is Mike Nelson's new site that seems to be his way of continuing MST3K without actually being MST3K, with downloadable audio files you play during the movie.
There are a bunch of movie on the site already, but starting today (suppossedly) The Phantom Menace will be available (with Kevin "Tom Servo" Murphy).

The downside - you've gotta pay for it.
The upside - they only cost $2.99 (some are less), which ain't bad
if you consider the price of downloading music at a $1 a pop for a 3-4 minute tune.

Sorry for soundling like spam...

Not sure if I'll downlaod it yet. I may wait for a review or two.

Phantom-like Menace
11-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Dude, I might know what my friends and I are doing for entertainment this weekend.

I listened to the preview with Star Trek V and laughed a bit at it. I seriously miss MST3K, and it's almost worth downloading the TPM riff just because of how much I said to myself that the movie deserved some MST3K treatment.

Thanks for the heads-up!

2-1B
11-01-2006, 09:55 PM
If you ever need comedic lampooning of a movie, just watch one with JimJam...you'll get the entertainment for free plus it's live. lol

JimJamBonds
11-01-2006, 09:58 PM
If you ever need comedic lampooning of a movie, just watch one with JimJam...you'll get the entertainment for free plus it's live. lol

AND you get my charming company as well. :rolleyes: Speaking of any update on going to see Saw Thrice?

2-1B
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Don't you mean: "Still Sawing After All These Years" ? :confused:

Also, Jim Jam's commentary does not usually take the form of a statement but rather a question, USUALLY starting with "What's up _______? " lol

JimJamBonds
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Also, Jim Jam's commentary does not usually take the form of a statement but rather a question, USUALLY starting with "What's up _______? " lol

Not so much now as compared to about 5 years ago.

2-1B
11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
You're like a good live rock band, always rotating stuff in and out over the years. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
You're like a good live rock band, always rotating stuff in and out over the years. :thumbsup:

Ya gotta keep things fresh (for me) AND give the audience what they want to hear.

Jargo
11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
get a room you two, yeesh!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Stay on target guys. Keep to the topic.

Youtube has a sample of TPM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYVuEerWunM

I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to get this. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
11-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Great stuff there!

2-1B
11-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Stay on target guys. Keep to the topic.

I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to get this. :thumbsup:

The topic is about people obnoxiously talking over a movie...I was just giving a taste of that. :thumbsup:

As it concerns MST3K, I always hated that show and never got into it. Completely overrated. :)

JimJamBonds
11-02-2006, 08:24 PM
The topic is about people obnoxiously talking over a movie...I was just giving a taste of that. :thumbsup:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rocketboy
11-02-2006, 11:11 PM

I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to get this. :thumbsup:Awesome, but I really miss the silhouttes.

As it concerns MST3K, I always hated that show and never got into it. Completely overrated. :)
:mad:

Phantom-like Menace
11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
The Roddy McDowall platform.lol

Taking us slightly off topic (You'll never catch me alive, mods!):

I watched the samples of Matrix too. Ah, Elevator Shaft! That's the kind of stupid, random humor I miss.

2-1B
11-04-2006, 09:41 AM
:mad:

Easy tiger! You're the king of "overrated" putdown posts so I would have thought that was right up your alley.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2006, 09:24 PM
The best commentary in this style I ever heard was at CIII, during the screenings of the films. For TPM, in the scene where Anakin gave Padmé the necklace, someone shouted "Sell it on eBay!" among other things. For ESB, when Luke realized who Yoda was, someone said "Oh wait, HE's Yoda!" :D