PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Still WANT To Do?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
As a companion thread to the "What Have YOU Done?" are there goals and plans you haven't yet accomplished, but want to? They say it's good to have goals, but trying to achieve them is part of the thrill.

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN (OR WHATEVER) STILL-LEFT-TO-DO LIST:
(in no particular order)
1. Travel to Egypt, Greece, Chicago, NYC, Galapagos Isl.
2. Finally write my book, dang it! :upset: :yes:
3. See games at the Pittsburgh pro sports teams' new venues (Heinz Field, PNC Park, Mellon Arena)
4. Sell my 1200+ comic book collection (for a decent amount, of course) :greedy:
5. Catch a foul ball at a baseball game
6. Perform a stand-up comedy routine at a club on open mic night :lipsrsealed:
7. Take a good visit back in Ohio where I'm, from (at least 2 weeks)
8. Get accepted to compete on Jeopardy!
9. Get a poem/short story published
10. ?

LusiferSam
11-03-2006, 11:54 PM
A very good companion thread Bel-Cam.

1. Finish my Ph.D thesis
2. Keep a girlfriend longer than 4 months
3. Have a paper published in a professorial journal
4. Complete my Lego cathedral
5. Visit all 50 states
6. Visit Scotland
7. Visit Japan (that's easy, I'm going in December)
8. Have a story (short or long) published
9. Get a job (see 1.)
10. Get married (see 2.)

JimJamBonds
11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Off the top of my head and in no particular order (other then the first one and that Brewer thing lol ):

Be happy in a job that I will find to be a challenge and allow me to cross off other thigns on my list.

Visit Ireland, I can trace my dad's side of the family back to around 1750 in Ireland and I'd love to visit the area where my family came from.

Own and restore a house.

Write something that makes it into a academic work/book.

Bicycle up L'Alpe d'Huez.

Visit Normandy.

Watch the Brewers in person at the World Series.

pbarnard
11-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Get passed my comprehensive exams/finish the PhD thesis.
Survive the upcoming wedding
Get a job related to #1
End baseball and golf as competitive "sports". Relegate to the status of bowling (anything that one can drink and do reasonably well isn't a sport)
Retroactively terminate people I decide are idiots removing them and all who spawned them and possibly could spawn more like them from the genome (remember, you wanted to know what I wanted to do!)
Did I mention take over the universe yet?

Kidhuman
11-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Poop three times in a day

2-1B
11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
post another 10,000 times at SSG

publish my memoirs

(these go hand in hand)

Jargo
11-04-2006, 11:03 AM
visit New Zealand. Eastern Europe and the rest of Northern Europe. South America. Canada. Japan. Hong Kong.

have something I've written made into a TV show or movie.

perform in at least one movie where I'm recognisable and onscreen for long enough to be able to point and scream "That's me!" to whoever is there watching.

find the remaining five people to make up my harem. one for every day of the week.

conquer my sociophobia and anxiety disorder.

prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that my ancestry goes back and is tied to King Edward III of England.

Be the first person to have their brain successfully transplanted into another body. (this one is crap. I want a refund)

become a celebrity asassin and wipe out z list liggers and celebs who frankly don't deserve the air they breathe.

have a street named after me.

be remembered.

find my inner self and drag him kicking and screaming into being the outer self.

find a virus that will wipe out all cats globally - permanently. and then die off.

build a secret base on a pacific island underneath a seemingly innoccuous holiday home. with a submarine and jet plane and yacht and speedboats. and a rocket to the moon.

discover an oil field so rich it'll serve the world for hundreds of years. and make it British. do something for our economy.

donate liberally to the sperm bank.

find somewhere to live that isn't plagued by feral children and junkies.

be the artist I know I am and make pots of cash selling works to rich people with more money than sense.

quit smoking.

go vegetarian.

indulge in colonic irrigation just because it's gross and it would amuse me.

find Osama Bin Laden , bigfoot, the yeti, and all those other fabled creatures of the night. then shoot em dead.

El Chuxter
11-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Eat a Buick.

CaptainSolo1138
11-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Poop in the shower.

Graduate from college
Take a WWII tour of Europe
Revisit Washington, D.C.
Own a home with a finished basement and well-stocked bar, all done by me
Raise two awesome kids

jjreason
11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Watch my kids (and their kids) grow up and find nice people to live happily ever after with.

Live in a house that's completely paid for (preferably one that's owned by me :D ).

Lose some friggin' weight already.

Learn to stop buying collectibles that I "need" so that I can focus on those that I truly "want", and will enjoy having.

Make a smooth transition from policing in BC to policing in Ontario (a whole different ballgame, believe it or not).

Retire at 51, and go to work at a job I really love for another 9 or 10 years after that.

Read all the unread comics & novels I've accumulated over the years (I've read lots mind you, but I have a LONG way to go).

Comprehend whey people are still watching Survivor. :D

pbarnard
11-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Add "Train a Monkey to poop on people I don't like" to mine, pee in their children's drinks too!

sith_killer_99
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, with my upcoming deployment..

1. Return from Afghanistan with all my Soldiers alive and in one piece.
2. Spend as much time with my family as possible.
3. Watch my daughter grow up, graduate high school, go to college, get married and live happily ever after.
4. Have another kid, perferably a boy, but I don't care as long as it's healthy.
5. Make the most of my marriage.
6. Be the best Non-Commissioned Officer I can.
7. Retire at 39.
8. Finish my degree in Political Science and possibly get a law degree.
9. Run for public office.
10. Get elected to public office.
11. Own my own home, preferably in Reunion, Commerce City Colorado.
12. See the rest of the world (been to Korea, Japan, Hawaii going to Afghanistan)

13. Rule the world!

There are more, but all that will be accomplished once #13 has been realized.:yes: :yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2006, 10:14 AM

3. Watch my daughter grow up, graduate high school, go to college, get married and live happily ever after.
4. Have another kid, perferably a boy, but I don't care as long as it's healthy.
7. Retire at 39.
12. See the rest of the world (been to Korea, Japan, Hawaii going to Afghanistan)

13. Rule the world!

There are more, but all that will be accomplished once #13 has been realized.:yes: :yes:You've got some pretty important ones on that list, sk99, so I expect you to follow through on them all (unless you'll go power hungry, then delay #13 :D ).

I could add some frivilous [sp?] ones to the list, too:
11. Attend a SW convention of some kind (Celebration 2007 could fulfil this).
12. Finally have the guts to demand that my purchase actually be .99 cents, as many signs erroneously list them. :p
13. Run against sith_killer_99 for the office of World Ruler! :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
11-05-2006, 01:51 PM
12. Finally have the guts to demand that my purchase actually be .99 cents, as many signs erroneously list them. :p

Ever notice that coupons have a value of 1/100 of a cent? Just bring a handfull of them with you the next time you get gas and you are good to go. lol

2-1B
11-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Ever notice that coupons have a value of 1/100 of a cent? Just bring a handfull of them with you the next time you get gas and you are good to go. lol

Why? Will they exhange all those coupons for Gas-Ex?

pbarnard
11-05-2006, 03:02 PM

Sure and when you do, I'll be the person behind you as the poor clerk is counting them to 100 to see if you get your penny. Watch out for the trained monkey!!!

JimJamBonds
11-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Why? Will they exhange all those coupons for Gas-Ex?

Actually I stole that bit... I don't remember from whom but I know I stole it. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
11. Attend a SW convention of some kind (Celebration 2007 could fulfil this).
Celebration 2007 won't be for several thousand years. Try Celebration IV instead! :p

1. Become a movie director
2. Get a VW bus
3. Get a whole room to devote to SW (even moreso than now)
4. Go to Japan
5. Live in Canada for a while
6. Force my religious beliefs on people in third-world countries (or maybe not)
7. Stop being so damn uptight about various things
8. Make all the stupid people take bus trips down to schools where they are forced to learn how not to be stupid
9. And other things.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
For some reason, I feel that before I die, I'm supposed to go to St. Louis, MO. And no, I wasn't told this by a mound of mashed potatoes...

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 09:41 PM
For some reason, I feel that before I die, I'm supposed to go to St. Louis, MO. And no, I wasn't told this by a mound of mashed potatoes...
I've been to the St. Louis airport.

What would I like to do? I don't think I'm too eager to travel abroad, but I would definitely like to see more of this country. Maybe someday if I have the time and money, it would be nice to just take one long road trip and see the entire country.

If I were to travel abroad, I think I'd be interested in going on one of the tours Track & Field News puts on for either the World Athletics Championships or the European track circuit. It would be nice to see some of the big meets in places like Oslo, Zurich, Brussels, Berlin, Monaco, Rome, Stockholm, Paris and London.

Speaking of running, it would be nice if I could drag myself out to run more often than the once a week I've been doing the past few years. I know it's not likely I'll ever come close to the times I ran in college, but I would like to be in better shape and be competitive in some of the races.

What I'd really like to do is get more organized. Being a bit of a pack rat a long with having my Star Wars collection means I keep accumulating more and more stuff. Then I spend too much time on the computer or watching TV and don't keep on top of where I've put everything. I like it when everything is neat and organized. I'd like to experience that someday.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I would like to learn another language other than American or English....maybe Klingon or something useful...:razz:

TeeEye7
08-09-2009, 03:11 AM

Perhaps influence by a couple of golden arches and French fries?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Perhaps influence by a couple of golden arches and French fries?No, while I was travelling several years back, I had a premonition that one place on the trip should be St. Louis, but I didn't make it. I have been there before, when I was a lad on other cross-country trip (from Ohio to Cali).

sith_killer_99
08-13-2009, 10:04 PM

7. Retire at 39.

13. Rule the world!

There are more, but all that will be accomplished once #13 has been realized.:yes: :yes:

A quick update:

1. Done!:thumbsup:
2. Ongoing
3. Ongoing
4. Done! :thumbsup:
5. Ongoing
6. Ongoing
7. 4 more years!
8. Ongoing (American Military University)
9.Waiting until after retirement
10. Waiting until after retirement
11. Waiting until after retirement (probably not in Reunion though)
12. We will see, ongoing....
13. A never ending plot to rule the world.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2009, 10:53 PM
^WELL DONE SOLDIER! If you rule the world, I volunteer myself to be Vader to your Emperor....:mad::D

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Laeticia Casta.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
After a driving trip this weekend, apparently I still have more than half the CA missions left to visit (I thought I'd passed the 11 mark already; it is only 8), unless my list (LISTS... :drool: ) is incorrect. And I need to read more Steinbeck; I've read none of his non-fiction, aside from Travels With Charley, my 2nd-fave of his (behind Grapes of Wrath). Might try for all 50 states capitals some day, too.

TeeEye7
03-28-2012, 03:52 AM
2. Finally write my book, dang it! :upset: :yes:

Was that the reason for the writing workshop?

TeeEye7
03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Here's another suggestion for your "to do" list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrizo_Plain

Come to my neck of the woods (well, almost) as check out the Carrizo Plain and the San Adreas Fault. This is something I have wanted to do for years and years; and have never made it there...and I live about an hour away!

Something to think about the next time your itinerary brings you north again.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Was that the reason for the writing workshop?It was about some Steinbach or Steinem or Stanebeck dude; whoever. :o Apaprently he wrote books and stuff. But "my" book has some travel to it as well, if IF IF I get off my lethargic duff and actually write the dang-blasted thing! :mad: Maybe this Stonebell guy will have some advice; I wonder what his Twitter handle is...

Mad Slanted Powers
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
After a driving trip this weekend, apparently I still have more than half the CA missions left to visit (I thought I'd passed the 11 mark already; it is only 8), unless my list (LISTS... :drool: ) is incorrect. And I need to read more Steinbeck; I've read none of his non-fiction, aside from Travels With Charley, my 2nd-fave of his (behind Grapes of Wrath). Might try for all 50 states capitals some day, too.I was in the Honors program in college, and I took a class about the John Steinbeck-Ed Ricketts connection in Marine Biology. We read The Log from the Sea of Cortez. I also believe we discussed Joseph Campbell a bit, and this idea of "breaking through." I'm not sure if it was brought up in class, or if I knew about the Joseph Campbell connection to Star Wars at that point. The "breaking through" bit did make me think of The Doors, though.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-30-2012, 12:19 AM
There apparently were salacious (Crumb?) rumors that Steinbeck's wife Carol and Campbell may've had an "emotional affair."

sith_killer_99
03-30-2012, 02:00 AM

7. Retire at 39.

13. Rule the world!

Well, let's see how I'm doing:

1. Done
2. Done
3. Work in progress
4. Done (and it we did have a boy)
5. Work in progress
6. Work in progress
7. Not gonna happen, probably gonna be 41 now.
8. Work in progress
9. Not even close
10. Not even close
11. Gonna happen, though I may look at Castle Rock now instead of Commerce City.
12. Work in progress (added Haiti to the list) :nightmare:

13. Plans have been set in motion, that is all I will say about this. :twisted:

Nice to come back here and see I've made progress!

TeeEye7
03-30-2012, 03:50 AM
13. Rule the world!

Might I suggest a couple of consultants:

sith_killer_99
03-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Might I suggest a couple of consultants:

Let's just say, they work for me now!

Mwaahahaha!!!

Tycho
04-10-2012, 01:46 AM
1. Free swim with great white sharks.

2. Pet lions and shoot a video and photo album of myself playing with them (San Diego Zoo makes this possible with cheetahs, actually - just haven't done it yet).

3. Play another season of amateur baseball. Since I already do this, I guess, play another season after that one, and so on until I'm older than Jamie Moyer.

4. Maybe have a place downtown, as well as in the suburbs, and one in the country where I can keep horses.

5. Have my own horses.

6. Get a new speedboat.

7. Be in more movies (in larger roles than the ones I've done)

8. Of course, be published and have movies made of my many books.

9. Hire rock bands like Iced Earth to make the soundtracks.

10. Have at least 2 vehicles: my SUV and a sports car for fun. Maybe a 3rd just for tearing up off-road.

11. complete my pilot's license.

12. Have Jabba the Hutt's Sailbarge and a Star Destroyer made either by Hasbro, or according to my own custom designs - and fill them with my 3 3/4" figures.

13. Win election to political office and solve my country's, and then the world's problems.

14. Find out what caused the Zombie Appocalypse on Walking Dead.

15. Have my way with Shannon Dougherty in an S&M fantasy.

16. Go absolutely nuts and scream really loud, repeatedly, in public, then get a do-over so no one remembers me doing it and I don't embarass myself. (But it would be really fun - especially at a baseball game when my team is f'n up and I'm seriously frustrated with the score.)

There's so many more things I can think of. But I'd also like to watch a movie before I go to sleep tonight. I'm thnking Young Indiana Jones...

bigbarada
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM

Just stay away from East St. Louis. I've driven through there at night a couple of times and it's pretty unnerving.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Well, I'd be driving from the west, so I probably wouldn't even see east St. Louis. :rolleyes: But in seriousness, I would like to do another USA roadtrip, whether solo or with a co-pilot. 'Course, that'd require more affordable gas. :mad: