PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have this prob with Endor Rebel's backpack?

JediTricks
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
On the Endor Rebel Trooper I got from Amazon, his backpack wasn't staying in the hole in his back. After careful examination, I discovered that the backpack's peg was big enough for the separate jacket piece but the actual figure's back had a hole that was slightly too small. I could get the backpack to stay in the figure's back hole with the vest removed, when I took the backpack back out the peg had been scraped to accomodate this but it worked, yet when I put the vest back on the backpack continued to misbehave. So I was wondering, is this happening with anybody else's?

jedi master sal
11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I can't get ANY of mine to fit in the hole either.

figrin bran
11-05-2006, 02:35 AM
i have the same problem too. however i only have one endor trooper right now and so take that for what it's worth.

JediTricks
11-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Hmm, sounds like Hasbro goofed on this thing's design. Here's what I don't get, this is the Saga figure's torso, vest, and backpack, I don't remember having problems with that thing... of course, I barely remember it at all, I hated all the little issues with it.

dindae
11-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Of the 5 that I have only one had issues getting the backpack to stay on. I did get it to stay after fiddling with it for a bit and making sure the hole in the jacket lined up with the hole int the figure back.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I know my Saga Endor trooper's backpack comes off easily. I was just looking at it for the wave by wave best/worst figure thread. Didn't have trouble getting it to go in, but it would come off easily. I've not opened the Saga 2 version yet.

Rogue II
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I haven't even found the new Endor Rebels yet. But like MSP said, my Saga Endor Trooper's backpack doesn't stay on very well either. I was hoping they would fix that on this release.

JediTricks
11-06-2006, 02:31 AM
Hmm, some working, that's a little odd. More data! :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Mine didn't at first for a few days, but after fiddling with it, it fits fine now. I think you just have to push a little bit harder.

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I pushed hard enough to scrape part of the peg off.

Rogue II
11-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Careful there, tough guy. You'll never get a replacement part from Hasbro.

Not sure about the new version, but on the Saga Endor troop, it seemed like the peg on the backpack wasn't quite long or tight enough so the jacket sort of pushed the backpack off.

JediTricks
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Careful there, tough guy. You'll never get a replacement part from Hasbro.Nor would I ask them for one, not for this, I doubt they'd even accept my complaint on the issue really. Plus, I cut a small notch out of it so it'll fit, didn't work as well as I'd hoped though because I accidentally tapered the notch.

Not sure about the new version, but on the Saga Endor troop, it seemed like the peg on the backpack wasn't quite long or tight enough so the jacket sort of pushed the backpack off.That's the same behavior that seems like is going on here, but the cause is definitely the peg not fitting.