PDA

View Full Version : November Hauls

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Surprised no one started this yet.....

2 days ago I picked up the Mace Battle pack.

El Chuxter
11-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I've been hauling dirt off an on all day. (The soil is rock-hard, so I have to soak, wait, dig, soak, wait, etc, etc, etc.) When it's done, I'll have a bad-arse rose garden!

Rocketboy
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
I found the Luke and Han Stormtrooper Galactic Heros the other day.

JediTricks
11-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Weird, I guess nobody bought nothing in the past 6 days, all they had to do was post in the October thread and I would have split it off into a new thread.

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 07:07 AM
I also grabbed the Wedge/TIE GH pack on Friday.

jedi master sal
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I got over the past week:
Bossk mini from Bounthy Hunters miniature set
1 clean and 1 dirty Battle droid (eBay) $5 total shipped
1 Yakface (Saelt Marie?)-can't recall his modern name (eBay) $3 total shipped
4 Naboo soliders
Holo Darth Maul from new wave
Traded a black Endor Rebel soldier for a white one.

Titaniums:
TIE fighter (battle damaged)
Tri-droid fighter (battle damaged)
Red Y-wing X2
Swamp Speeder X 2 (with AT-RT drivers)

Jargo
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I recieved my cantina band commemmorative tin set the other day. and today i just bought Aurra Sings swoop and a SOTE swoop plus the EU poopypants swoop for just 12 dollars for all three. Sometimes it pays to be on Ebay at weird hours of the day. (Yes I actually do really like the swoop vehicle. Gimme more swoops and speeder bikes hasbro.)

I'm about to go Ebaying again. wish me luck.....

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Zizzle Pirates of the Carribean Elizabeth Swan - Not the best likeness, but a decent female pirate figure. Outfit is good, I wish her scabbard actually worked though, she has 2 swords that could go in it.

Zizzle Pirates of the Carribean Captain Norrington - Decent likeness, painted too "clean" for POTC2 though. Hat seems a touch small. Good figure marred by the right shoulder permanently out away from the body, makes for a great gun-holding pose but should have been a regular shoulder instead.

Zizzle Pirates of the Carribean Ragetti - Ok likeness but paint isn't quite right, especially hair. Figure comes with the dead man's chest and key, no weapons but I did want the accessories and don't want Davy Jones so this works out.

Zizzle Pirates of the Carribean Captain Barbossa - very good likeness, great outfit, good sword, decent flintlock. If I hadn't found this figure, I doubt I would have bought the other 3 above.

Mattel The Batman Ice Blast Mr Freeze - I wanted the first Mr Freeze figure but never found him except in crappy multipacks, but this second edition makes up for it by being a pretty decent retool. Now instead of ice covering his head it's melted away partly exposing his head, looks like a fur-lined collar but in reverse. His other accessory is a soft rubbery ice blast that slips over his hand like a glove, it's pretty nifty. The clear upper arms is weird, should have had something inside, and his articulation could be better (he has neck, shoulders, waist, and hips, but no elbows or knees), but I like him overall.

Hasbro Titanium Series Naboo Patrol Fighter - blue repaint of Naboo N1 Fighter. The blue looks great, the silver has some weathering paint at the front that I'm not in love with. They gave the droid copilot a new orange paintjob. One of the tails is bent on mine pretty bad but maliable enough that it should be ok. Fairly nice set, the metallic blue looks way better than the movie's yellow.

figrin bran
11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
"Cars" dvd
20th Anniversary Optimus Prime arrived from hasbrotoyshop - will open it shortly!

JetsAndHeels
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
UNC Football Jersey

El Chuxter
11-08-2006, 11:44 AM
DC "S3" Superheroes Lex Luthor, Darkseid, and Brainiac (finally!)

Jargo
11-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Bossk - saga gold stripe (to replace the POTF2 one)
bar2-d2 (mostly for the golden tray thingy but the droid will do for customising)
ellors madak (for customising)
votc han solo
SA tusken raider
SA biker scout

15 inch DELL monitor, for secondary purposes.

2,2kg tin of Cadbury chocolates. no make that two tins.

chocolate stripey t-shirt from Gap kids. (yes i'm that small. apparently i'm 13-14 year old size)

bobafrett
11-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Cars wisescreen DVD with Wal-Mart exclusive bonus DVD.

Titanium Blue Naboo starfighter
Titanium snowspeeder
Titanium Liea on Speederbike
Titanium battle damage Droid Tri Fighter
Titanium Paint variant ARC 170
Titanium Dirty Swamp Speeder
Titanium TIE Bomber

Greatest Heroes and Villians clonetrooper
Episode III Greatest battles Shocktrooper
Episode III Greatest battles Blue Royal Guard

Kidhuman
11-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Unicron 3" Titanium
Clash of the Titans DVD(cheap bin)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Gragra
Rep Been
Dud Bolt and Mars Guo

JetsAndHeels
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Box of Bowman football

Justice League Darseid, and 2 different Superman figures

figrin bran
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Acme Shaak Ti character key

cool! bowman football is out. i'll definitely be getting a box too.

JetsAndHeels
11-10-2006, 10:48 PM
cool! bowman football is out. i'll definitely be getting a box too.

Each pack has 2 bowman chrome cards in it...I got a Drew Olson in one, so its yours if you want it.

I did get some personal mojo in this too:
D'brick rookie
Eric Smith Chrome Rookie
Signs of the Future Dontrell Moore auto (I think he is on the practice squad but still a Jet nonetheless)

figrin bran
11-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Each pack has 2 bowman chrome cards in it...I got a Drew Olson in one, so its yours if you want it.

I did get some personal mojo in this too:
D'brick rookie
Eric Smith Chrome Rookie
Signs of the Future Dontrell Moore auto (I think he is on the practice squad but still a Jet nonetheless)

yes! i'll take the drew olson chrome

LTBasker
11-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Stargate SG-1 Season 1 (Thin package)
Stargate Atlantis Season 1
$31.96 together on Amazon with free shipping.

At Wal-Mart:
2x CW ARC-170 Titanium
2x Wedge's X-Wing Titanium
1x Star Destroyer repaint Titanium
Robin Hood Men in Tights DVD

eBay:
2x Diamond Select Serpent Guards
2x Diamond Select Daniel Jacksons

figrin bran
11-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Transformers movie dvd
Endor Trooper
Naboo Trooper
Titanium Wedge's X-Wing, red Y-Wing
POTC Cptn. Norrington
JLU animated justice lords supes, bats, hawkgirl

pbarnard
11-11-2006, 09:58 PM
White Endor Trooper, Endor Luke, Graga.

JediTricks
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Corgi 1/43rd 1930s Batmobile - I really question where this one comes from though, from what I've read this is not any of the first "batmobiles" by name, maybe beforehand version but that cabin is SO small and there's no bat insignia anywhere except covering the spare in the hard-to-open trunk. Still, besides the pickup-truck-styled cab, the design is pretty direct and must have a pretty strong engine for such a long hood, plus I can't not love the embossed 1930s-era Batman on the undercarriage. That said, this car just has opening doors, a detailed interior, and a boring opening trunk, it's not much to write home over. Grade: C

Transformers:Cybertron Shadow Recon Minicon Team - I like clear figures most of the time, tho' I think the light blue on Reverb would have looked better on Six Speed though, it looks more "clear" and would have accented Six Speed's design better, and the dark blue would have hidden some of Reverb's issues better. Both cars have clear gray wheels, this is a massive improvement over the weird solid gray-green of the first set. Reverb's black face looks better than the silver on the previous version. Six Speed's torso doesn't give me trouble this time around, that's good. Jolt is the loser of the bunch yet again, the least amount of clear plastic, and the dark blue with black is pretty dark yet you can still see how hollow he is, and it also loses his detailing - you can't even make out his head at all now, just his silver face. Nobody gets much paint, that's ok for the most part, but the windshield on Reverb is thicker copper paint on one side from the other; also, I wish they had painted Jolt's eyes something other than the silver on the rest of the face, it makes him seem like he has no eyes; and while Six Speed's head looks way better with just an eyeslit paint job, they didn't bother painting the fronts of his fists, just the tops. Strangely, the card top has a Giant Planet logo on it even though they're not from there, maybe it's because they're minicons. Anyway, the set is alright, I like the molds (although Jolt I'd only buy if he came with another figure), and I like translucent, I wish they hadn't just taken away paint apps, but mostly I like this set. Grade: B

Ji'dai
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Star Wars
Black Endor Trooper
Mars Guo & Dud Bolt
Gragra

Piratas
Zizzle Captain Barbossa
Zizzle Ragetti
Zizzle Cannibal Chief

NECA Series 3 Cursed Pirate x2 (on clearance for $3.50 each!)

DVD
Death Rides A Horse - Lee Van Cleef spaghetti western for a buck @ Dollar Tree

JediTricks
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
SW:TSC Sandtrooper - my 3rd one, I couldn't resist. The backpack stays on this one the best.

SW:TSC Heroes & Villains Clone Trooper - finally got a 3rd white Clone Trooper, the paint scuffs seem a little bolder on this one. No stand unfortunately, and his left hand comes out easily, but otherwise ok.

GI Joe Sigma 6 Mission Scale Iron Hammer - the Joe team's first mech isn't as articulated or configurable as Cobra's Mantis, but is better armed and far more stable. The crouched Snake Eyes fig is a wash, but High-Tech is neutrally-posed and fits well in the cockpit so hooray. The IH mech has good sculpted detailing and a few nifty greebles, the articulation is good where you find it, but they left out the knee articulation leaving it a facade of a knee which is a shame. The 4 removable weapon arms are pretty nifty, 3 of them have decent gimmicks - a spring-forward battering ram, a working pincher claw with 2 extra shoulder hinges, and a rotating gattling missile-launcher that fires 6 missiles also with 2 extra shoulder hinges - and the 4th is a large yet thin twin cannon; all 4 weapon arms have standard hex-pegs on one side and standard hex-holes on the other, the peg on the twin cannon seems to be off-center and the hole on the left shoulder is way off-center, I hate when they pull this here and in Transformers. There's a simple yoke to attach the IH to the Dragonhawk, the yoke's connecting point to the mech is pretty clever. Deco is simple but decent, stickers do add to the look but some don't fit that well. All in all, it's decent but not quite as good as the VAMP or Firebat (the previous $15 sets), grade: B

Blue2th
11-18-2006, 10:24 AM
After finding the whole Tatooine/Endor wave in October, it's good to get a break from buying any SW figures in November. Though it's sort of a forced break. That's about the only good thing with the Greatist Battles/ Heroes & Villians clogging the pegs. I did manage to find the Titanium Special Opps blue trooper just the other day. I had been looking for him forever and almost gave up. Though the Walmart I found him at was at least 30 miles out of town. I also bought some cool Ultimate Soldier 1:18 stuff there. Found the P-51 Mustang "Flying Undertaker" there for alot less than online + shipping.

Kidhuman
11-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Picked up from Lay-a-way:

Gragra
A.A. Endor Trooper
Vader
Naboo Soldier

Also got an ROTJ pin from a worker at WM.

figrin bran
11-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Sandtrooper
Utapau Clone
ROTS tin set
Clone Wars Clone bust ups
Cybertron Skywarp
titanium clone wars arc-170 fighter

jedi master sal
11-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Here's what I picked up this Sunday:
Non-SW:
Marvel Showdown figs:
Elektra (I think she's the chase)
X2 Silver Surfer
Juggernaut
Beast
Green Goblin

SW mini unleashed
501st troopers
the set with Mace/Kit/Saesee/and the ryoal guard
the set with Anakin/Palpatine/2 royal guards

SW 3 3/4 stuff
X2 Utapau troopers
501st trooper
X2 Rep Beens
X8 Mace Windu Battle Packs!!!! Whoo hoo these things rock!!! The "commander" clone is frickin' awesome and almost worth the whole pack by itself...almost. *Great articulation to it. If this is what the Airborne trooper is going to be, I'm going to be one VERY happy camper/army builder!

Spent a bit of money on Sunday but was really saving up for the Mace packs. I've got all I want right now (unless by some miracle they go on sale...then I'll get even more.) Oh and yes, I left some of those battle packs for others. heh heh

-Sal

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Gragra
A.A. Endor Trooper
Vader
Naboo Soldier

Ok, so I have a really good guess as to which one this is.....

pbarnard
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Collectors Tins for Episode IV, V, and VI. Opened all. Pretty sweet. Loving the removable helmets and displaying them with the Best Buy DVD Tin is pretty nice looking.

Kidhuman
11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Find the Caucasian Endor trooper
Luke Endor
Rep Been
Pod Racers
Holo Darth Maul

Caught up now on figs

JetsAndHeels
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Superman Returns for PS2
Some Leaf Rookies and Stars football packs
A 30-count pack of Ultra Pro card pages
A Kevan Barlow Topps 2001 Rookie Auto card

figrin bran
11-22-2006, 02:22 AM
mini unleashed Saesee Tinn/Kit/Mace pack
Padme CW bust up
Obi Wan CW bust up
Bowman Football blaster box

jedi master sal
11-22-2006, 08:29 AM
TWO Cantina Tin Sets
Shocktrooper Mini Unleashed set.

JetsAndHeels
11-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Bowman Football blaster box

Well what did you get??

jedi master sal
11-23-2006, 05:08 PM
On the way up to my fiancee's Mom's for Thanksgiving, we stopped at a Wal*Mart. There were plenty of toys on palettes in the aisle, so I decided to check. Lo' and behold I lucked out and found the Falcon Transformer with the Gold Titanium TIE fighter and Gold Falcon!

I think this was supposed to be a Black Friday special, but I took the chance and it paid off as it rang up. It looks VERY nice. Glad I waited to buy this.

This was the last thing I needed as I just got the Cantina sets the day before. So I don't have to do the whole crazy7 Black Friday thing and can sleep in. Though I am going to go to the local KMart for the buy one get one free sale tomorrow.

Ji'dai
11-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Gragra
A.A. Endor Trooper
Vader
Naboo Soldier

Ok, so I have a really good guess as to which one this is..... Yeah, that fella could be Corellian for all we know.

---

I thought I'd better get the POTC figs I wanted before the shopping mobs strip the pegs clean after Thanksgiving, so I picked up:

Captain Norrington (still not happy with the eyes on mine)
Maccus
Prison-Escape Jack Sparrow
Cannibal King Jack Sparrow

JediTricks
11-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I decided to do a little Black Friday shopping, I figured I'd pick up the Star Wars Transformers Millennium Falcon from Target for $15. That plan ballooned into a big trip but we ended up saving $200 which was awesome.

Star Wars Transformers Millennium Falcon $15 at Target - some very interesting ideas, some clever transforming I hadn't seen before, but it felt like someone rushed the design out the door before its last round of design so Chewie's mech doesn't have hip articulation and Han's mech shoulders don't work right and Chewie's sliding waist is interrupted and Chewie's ankles don't work at all on mine (though I've heard of others that worked fine) plus a few detail items left totally out of the instructions and photos like Chewie's toes. There's also 1 or 2 bad choices like the oversized missile-launching quad gun and Han's pouty eyes, but overall it's fairly solid and looks good in vehicle mode and the electronics are decent (though I'd prefer smaller electronics if they have to be there at all). Early grade: C+

Dane Elec 512mb SD Card $8 at Target - just a nifty price for another half-gig of memory for my digital camera. I apparently missed out on a full gig card at Officemax for $12, but they aren't that close to here so oh well.

Transformers Classics Optimus vs Megatron 2pack (not on sale, $20 at TRU) - Clever ideas marred by weak execution. Prime looks good in bot mode, awful in truck mode. Megs looks alright in both modes. Both gimmicks suck and leave stuff floppy. Both figures have decent articulation. Haven't watched included DVD yet. Grade: C

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 11:09 PM
J&H, that blaster box yielded an auto of jerious norwood. other than that, i got pretty much all the rookies that i'm looking for (maurice jones-drew, marcedes lewis, marcus vick. okay maybe not vick ;) )

today's hauls:
nba live 07
sandtrooper
"Cars" yellow ramone
titanium anakin's clone wars fighter, grievous' fighter, paploo on speederbike
2 float frames for my shaak ti and dooku character keys

JetsAndHeels
11-25-2006, 11:14 PM
today's hauls:
nba live 07

How is this? I had 06 but returned it and bought nba 2k6.

bobafrett
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Picked up two of the tins from Episodes IV and VI. I liked these for some reason, now I just don't know if I'll open them.

figrin bran
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
J&H, i haven't actually played Nba Live 07 yet but i'll let you know once i do. one good thing is that superstars can have more than one of those freestyle modes (inside scoring, outside scoring, high flyer, stopper and so forth)

today i got:
Mace battallion battlepack
titanium endor at-at
some packs of bowman football

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I didn't buy anything today.

pbarnard
11-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Cantina Band Tin. Take that, Grasshopper!

General_Grievous
11-28-2006, 03:03 PM
I didn't buy anything today.

Heh. I got just the 2-disc Superman Returns DVD today. Gotta wait till Christmas for the Superman I and II special editions and the Donner Cut of II.:sad:

Anyway, what'd you get, J&H? The 14-disc set?

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Anyway, what'd you get, J&H? The 14-disc set?

I want that 14 disc set, but I couldn't quite afford it today.
I ended up with the 2 disc edition from best buy (the one with the guide included) and the dc direct superman figurette for $9.99.

I went out later and got the part 2 donner cut also.

El Chuxter
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
No way am I getting the massive set. I unfortunately have 3 and 4 on DVD from the previous set. I may end up getting the new editions of Supes 1 & 2 just for the extras--mainly the Fleischer 'toons.

JediTricks
11-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Titanium Series 3" Amidala's Star Skiff - the Ep 3 vehicle nails the overall look and feel of the vehicle, using a nice shiny silver for the hull rather than the drab gray they used on the Naboo Royal Starship. Other colors include purple, gold, and black in all the lines which really make them pop. The lines are spot-on, and while it is a decent Titanium Series size, the vehicle also feels a big light. There are no moving parts or features, unfortunately they left out the landing legs which are seen in the movie. The lack of landing gear and the light weight lower the score a bit, so I'm going to say... Grade: B

3 new-model 2007 Hot Wheels - #02, Chevy Camaro Concept is a nice presentation of this concept car, which will be in production in for '09, the lines feel a little soft from the side but overally it's very true, and a nice clean silver paint job. #03, Nitro Doorslammer is like a concept funnycar, the sculpting suggests it'd have huge doors if it were real; the look is kind of funnycar meets '70s Corvette meets '60s musclecar, what really sold me was the grill being open in the middel to see the chrome engine deep back there; I have love-hate thing with funnycars but the concept lines helped sell me. #08, Rogue Hog is a futuristic cop car which caught my attention pretty hard, it's sleek, futurey, almost Blade Runner, and strangely it's a single-seater; the lines are very little like what we see today which is part of its appeal; the wheels are modern thin-5spokes like the superfast but unpainted which is cool; they had several and all the paint was poorly-applied, so I chose the best I could; strangely, they misspelled the name on the bottom, it's "Rouge Hog" :p.

Transformers Classics Mirage - one of the figures I've been anticipating most. I love how the vehicle mode looks, very much a Formula racing car but just futuristic enough to be TF. The first thing I noticed out of the package was that the spoiler was adjustable in vehicle mode, nice. Transformation is good, but the instructions are anti-helpful for part of it. Robot mode isn't much like the G1 figure, but is amazingly cool, unusual, sleek and spindly yet not gappy, and he's very nicely articulated. His weapon isn't much, but it stows nicely on his back. I'm still checking him out, so my ultra-early Grade: A-

Phantom-like Menace
11-30-2006, 01:06 AM
I can't believe it, but I was actually involved in an awesome haul today (well, yesterday since it's after midnight).

I wasn't expecting to see Marvel Legends 15 nor Face-off 2 for at least a couple of weeks in my area, but I walked into TRU to see if maybe they had gotten some new Star Wars figures. I walked into the aisle with the Marvel figures and immediately notied that section was packed. They had ML13, ML14, ML15, the first series of Face-offs, and the new series of Face-offs.

I grabbed Iron Man/Mandarin, Wolverine/Sabretooth (my first Sabretooth figure!), Spider-Woman, Wasp, and Thorbuster Iron Man, leaving Moon Knight and Captain Marvel for another day. The only figure I'm less than pleased with is Thorbuster Iron Man. His proportions are weird and he looks cartoonish. Everything else, though, is pretty sweet. Sabretooth is awesome.

No variants on the above, but that's the best haul I've had in . . . well a long time.

Other items obtained today:
The six pack Samuel Adams Brewmaster's Collection, a triple Whopper meal with a chicken sandwich on the side,

Kidhuman
11-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Grabbed the CW ARC Titanium

bobafrett
11-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Cantina Band Tin. Take that, Grasshopper!

I saw 4 cases of these at the Wal-Mart store I work at. I couldn't touch them though as they weren't being put out on the sales floor just yet. I'm excited to see these as the ones I got from Hasbro are still in the little boxes they were shipped in.

Kidhuman
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
GRabbed 2 441st troops, 1 fifth security fleet troop, Kit Fisto CW style, 2 pack of camo BD's and one other figure from the new wave.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-30-2006, 11:02 PM
The snow cleared off the road enough for me to make it over to Target and get the Imperial Shuttle, Gragra, Dud Bolt & Mars Guo, Obi-Wan, Naboo Soldier and white Naboo Soldier. Now I just noticed that I was only charged for 4 of the 5 figures.

bobafrett
12-02-2006, 05:27 PM
The snow cleared off the road enough for me to make it over to Target and get the Imperial Shuttle, Gragra, Dud Bolt & Mars Guo, Obi-Wan, Naboo Soldier and white Naboo Soldier. Now I just noticed that I was only charged for 4 of the 5 figures.

Unless they had a "buy 4 and get the fifth on FREE" sale going. :love: