PDA

View Full Version : The final waves

sith_killer_99
01-31-2002, 11:16 PM
Well, let's here it! Who has 'em? Who dosen't? And any stories you may have about the elusive EP1 figs.

I am currently missing the following MOMC EP1 figures:

Darth Sidious (Holograph)
Naboo Royal Guard
Pit Droid 2-pack
Queen (Naboo Battle Gear)
Sio Bibble

Now for the kicker.:rolleyes:

I HAD all 5 of these MOMC!:frus:

So what happened SK? How is it possible that you had 'em and now you don't?

Well, I'm glad you asked!:(

Back in April 2000, my wife and I were at a comic store and I found these guys just sitting on the pegs. The price was around $10.00 each. So I turned to my wife and told her how hard they had been to find. She then bought them for me as an early birthday present.:D

A year later we moved to a new place. I went on a trip to South Korea for a few weeks just after we moved. I had put all of my SW figures in the spare bedroom, and closed the curtains to keep out the light and the heat.

Two weeks later I returned home to find all the curtains open in the spare bedroom and my HTF figures SUN BLEACHED sitting in an OVEN of a room.

She had been snooping through the room and opened the curtains to let in some light. She then left the room and closed the door and forgot all about it.
The cards were ruined! I opened them up and traded them, loose, for some other stuff I had been looking for.
So now I continue to hold out hope that TRU will eventually get some cases of these figs at the clearance price of $1.97 each. I just have too much heart-burn paying $20.00 for a SW figure.

Hey, I held out for Swimming Jar-Jar, and foud him for $1.97 (I still got ripped off)!

So what's your story? Are you one of the many, still searching for these guys at rertail? Or did you pay over-inflated prices? Or were you lucky enought to find these at the store years ago?

Rollo Tomassi
01-31-2002, 11:38 PM
What's a GIRL?? Congrats if you just had a bundle delivered!!

I am still looking for all of those very same figures.

Naboo Royal Guard
Pit Droid 2-pack
Sio Bibble

also TC-14 and R2-B1.

Each day my hope of walking into TRU and finding cases of these in the clearance bins shrinks. I was fairly optimistic a year or two ago, but now that EII is upon us, I think my window of oppurtunity is gone.:(

Jayspawn
02-01-2002, 12:40 AM
I actually got Sidious Holograph and Naboo ROyal Guard from the Fan Club. I paid a friend $10 to get his ONLY Amidala Battle and I never, ever came close to getting Sio Bibble or Pit Droids. Which sucks!

Unfortunatly, I dought these will show at TRU. But then again, I never thought I could get an AT-AT for $10, so miracles do happen.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2002, 09:03 AM
Ah, to all of you naysayers I say...remember the Freeze Frames!

I remember clearly late summer '99! EP1 stuff was STILL warming pegs when all of the sudden.....BAM....TRU and a few others got MASS shipments of the R2-D2, C-3PO, Mon Mothma, and more. Not to mention all of the GC with and without Holo that hit KB Toys.

Last year at this time I found the Swimming Jar-Jar wave as well as TC-14!!! JANUARY LAST YEAR FOLKS!!! A full 2 plus YEARS after it's initial release.

These things ARE still out there. TRU is sitting on old cases, I know it!!!:eek:

They are holding back 'til EP2 starts to fade, then they will pull out the big guns! I wouldn't be at all suprised to find EP1 and POTJ figs warming pegs with EP2 by the end of this summer!;)

BTW, I have indeed been blessed with a beautiful daughter.
:D

ACPin
02-01-2002, 09:11 AM
Got all of them at Big K the first time they showed up in retail. Never found any of them in TRU or KB. Oh yeah, one set is opened and the other is MOMC. :D

I still need more loose NRGs for my dioramas. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
02-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ACPin
I still need more loose NRGs for my dioramas. :(

Boo. Hoo. So sad to hear you need MORE of them. :cry: While we have NONE? Let us eat cake? :frus: I'm kidding, AC. Sorta. :rolleyes:

I also "need"
Naboo Royal Guard
Pit Droid 2-pack
Sio Bibble
Plus, the "imaginary" Qui-Gon W/ Eopie

I lucked out on Holo Sidious (traded him for an EU Luke to a friend who had a couple HS), and got the two droids from someone here at SSG (brain freeze, forget who). Have never seen the four above at retail, but several times at $20+. :sur: I'm patiently waiting a better price.

Turbowars
02-01-2002, 10:14 PM
I got lucky at Toys R Us and found 2 ea of TC-14 and R2-B1 for 1.97ea, but that was the first and last time that ever happened. For the others that were hard to find like Sio, Pits, Guard and holo Sid I bought European/German cards and peeled the huge stickers off the back and front, what do you know? they are USA cards front and back in perfect conditon. If any of you guys have these Euro cards, just peel the stickers off slowly and you wont take up the graphics and you will save a bundle.

Lord Tenebrous
02-01-2002, 11:34 PM
I never saw anything past Adi Gallia until recently, at the northern TRU. They got a shipment of Panaka/Security. The southern TRU was all cleared out of Wattos and R2s and Nutes...then they got about 20 more pegs worth of the same, with only a limited shipment of Rune/Yoda/3PO and Tarpals/OOM/Ki/Mace.

But I'm also very stupid when it comes to collecting. I found a .01 Theed Invasion Amidala, and a few FF Leia Hoth, and I didn't get any of them. They, of course, left the pegs soon after. :(

Darth Evil
02-02-2002, 07:17 AM
The only waves I ever see are the first few, I can't even find Sidious, let alone Holo Sidious!

187-Maul
02-02-2002, 08:18 AM
well looks like I'm being lucky cause here in my toys'r'us (in France) they have the pit=droids 2-Pack, Sio Bibble, Naboo Royal Guard for 5 euros ( about 4$) at the moment !
I bought 3 Royal Guards and a Pit Droid
I'm not a completist and put all my figs in dioramas so I didn't care for Sio Bibble - they stil have a lot of Guards, Droids and Bible's pegwarming here:) so if I feel to buy another I'll just do it

JEDIpartner
02-02-2002, 01:27 PM
I got them all in Japan on their initial release except for Jar-Jar and the Queen. I really didn't want another rescupt of her in her battle gear or Jar-Jar, so I passed on those. They DID have them... in mass quantities, no less!!! I also passed on the pod racer pilots in the initial wave because I didn't feel they had a purpose. :o

General Veers
02-09-2002, 12:55 PM
I saw the whole wave at KMART, unfourtunatly, I passed on them, now I need the whole wave minus Swimming JarJar.

187-Maul
02-09-2002, 01:21 PM
well I just came back and bought a Naboo Royal Guard, a Destroyer and Sio Bibble at toysrus for 4.99 euros each
now if I could could just get my hands on a couple more security droids (I have 2) my hangar diorama would be complete

Mandalorian Candidat
02-25-2002, 04:55 PM
SK99: Where the heck do you live? Death Valley? Sorry about the loss, but I kind of had to chuckle a little. I have my wife trained to handle my collectibles with kid gloves.

RT: I have to believe that TRU has unopened cases of the Sio Bibble wave. I was lucky to find the two HTF droids as well as the Jar Jar Naboo last year at TRU so I KNOW they have them sitting around somewhere.

I was able to get my Bibble/JJ Naboo/Holo Sid waves in one huge shot. I went in to the Lakewood, CA Wal-Mart opening time on a Sat. in March of 2000 and found tons of them on the pegs. It was about the only time I've ever seen them in a store.

Don't feel too bad though. I never found the CT Stormtrooper, Leia, Motti, and R2 on the shelf. I had to get mine over ebay.

SithDroid
02-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Here is what I need from the EP I line

1 TC-14
1 R2-B1
1 Naboo Royal Guard
2 Darth Sidious Holo
2 Swimming Jar Jar
2 Sio Bibble
2 Pit Droids
2 Amidala w/ Ascension Gun

I saw the Sio Bibble wave on the pegs in a music store, but the price for each was $10 so I passed on them at the time. That was almost two years ago. I kind of wish I would have gotten them seeing as now I would have to pay twice that much for them. Oh well, at least my collection is mostly complete.

Wolfwood319
02-26-2002, 02:43 AM
I didn't realize that these figures were going to be htf, and since I don't collect E1 figures, I didn't pick any up when I saw them all at my TRU for $1.97. They had pegs full of the jar jars, silver droid, sios, naboo guards, etc.

They had them for about a year, then around the beginning of last summer, they all disappeared, along with the aisles themselves. After the TRU got remodeled, they didn't restock the E1 figures.

I should've grabbed some for trading fodder, but E1 stuff wasn't really difficult to find in my area. Either the demand wasn't there (which it probably wasn't, most collectors I knew stopped when E1 came out,) or we got a lot of shipments in this area. I know we never had a shortage of any of the E1 waves. They were pretty abundant up until last summer.

Amanamike
02-27-2002, 01:28 AM
i caved and bought all mine either on ebay or at comic shops. Biggest waste of money was that damn swiomming Jarjar. I paid 24.99 for him. I guess I got too much money to burn or Im that damn stupid..you pick its so close to call for me!!! I thought for sure Id have no problem finding these guys on pegs for months especially Sio Bibble. I mean most kids would pass on an old man figure with no cool power other than to be taken prisoner.

sith_killer_99
02-27-2002, 10:52 PM
MC: I was living in Hawaii at the time. Trust me, my wife knows how to handle the SW figures...NEVER TOUCH!!!! jk:D

But seriously, she just didn't think about the sun affecting the ink! She actually never touched the figs themselves, she just opened the curtain. BTW, I've worked out trades for 2 of my missing figures. Now all I need are:

Darth Sidious Holo
Sio Bibble
Queen Amidala (Battle)

Oh yeah, and I STILL want the Yoda with EP1 logo. Not that I'm into those crazy variations. It's just that mine looks so stupid sitting there with the rest of the collection, the only one missing that STUPID LOGO. It looks HORRIBLE.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 11:43 PM
From the final waves I need:

TC-14 x2
R2-B1 x2
Holo Sid x1
Swimming JJB x1
Sio Bibble x1
Pit Droids x1
Amidala w/ Ascension Gun x1

But when it comes to just having at least one of each, I just need a set of TC-14 and R2-B1.

Amanamike
02-28-2002, 12:07 PM
Doesnt anyone here buy them for a slightly higher price ever on ebay or from an online store??? Seems most of you are content only to get them if they show up in stores. I buy probably 80 percent online. But I have everything twice or more over:greedy:

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Doesnt anyone here buy them for a slightly higher price ever on ebay or from an online store??? Seems most of you are content only to get them if they show up in stores. I buy probably 80 percent online. But I have everything twice or more over:greedy:
I often deal with the on-line stores or Ebay, if you wait a little while after a wave comes out you usually can get a decent deal on Ebay, after most of the hardcore collector's get theirs first. My stores are a wasteland, and I have alot of scalpers around here, I would rather deal with the on-line stores and ebay then try to compete with them, or buy from them. :mad: I was lucky with most of the E1 stuff, I found TC-14's, R2-B1's, Jar Jar: Naboo Swamp's, and other hard to find figures at Wal-mart. Now my wal-mart bearly have anything, though I did luckily find Zutton and Eeth Koth at Wal-mart earlier this month. :D

MFTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike

I think I've only bought a set of three R2-Q5s on ebay and that's it for figures I've gotten off of ebay. I think I've only got about 1% of my collection on-line...if even that. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Does anyone really know for certain if those latter waves indeed are sitting in some TRU warehouse, just waiting to be shipped. For about a year and a half I go into TRU looking for primarly one thing--$1.97 Episode 1 stuff. For the longest time, anything with Darth Maul on it sat on the pegs for months and months until about December of last year when they were finally snatched away. However all the Episode 1 pegs have vanished (so has much of the Star Wars aisle). I do however see some of the older waves show up (like I saw an Ani grease gun and Tatooine within the last month) from time to time but still no TC-14 or R2-B1. I thought I heard a stockboy tell another customer that those figures are still somewhere, and Hasbro has been sending them the older waves first. Can anyone verify this?
:confused:

187-Maul
03-08-2002, 11:00 AM
look what I founf today at toysrus for 5 euro each !!!
they were the last ones left of them (except a dozen of sith lord maul, nabboo royal guards, sio bibble's, obi-wan jedi knight, qui-gon jedi master and anakin pilot's)
that was a total of about 18 $ !!!

brentfett
04-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Why were the last waves of Episode 1 figures so imposible to find anyway? I never even got close to finding any at retail.

BoShek
04-08-2002, 03:34 PM
When I was watching Episode One in the movies for the first time, I saw Sio Bibble and thought, "I want and action figure of him!"

I found out they made him but never found him!

I got the Pit Droids and a Naboo RG (maybe another figure or two?) for $1 at K Mart not long after they were released. They weren't marked down on the pegs or anything and they just came up like that on the scanner.

RooJay
04-09-2002, 03:42 AM
The only two figures I'm missing are Swimming Jar Jar and Ascension Gun Amidala. I haven't even seen those two at the conventions I go to! Not too much of a big deal since I already have the regular Padme and Jar Jar figures which are basically the same thing in different poses.
I wish I could help you out with Sio Bibble BoShek. I had to order online to get him and he's one of my favorites! He's just a cool lookin' old dude!

steve3p0
04-09-2002, 08:31 PM
tc-14 and r2-b1 i found easily at walmart.

but ...

holo sidious
naboo royal guard
sio bibble
amidala ascension
pit droids ...

those cost me too much ... i think i payed nearly double retail for them in a 5 figure lot on ebay.

never did find swimming jar jar , since i already have a jar jar (the original one) , i dont NEED another and i dont think i'll be paying above retail for him should i find him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why were the later waves so hard to find ?

most stores had excess of e1 up to the panaka wave and could not sell them even @ 1.97 ....

the cases containing new figures had a mix of new/old figures. meaning , if a store ordered them, in addition to the new figures, they would have to get more of those already not selling ....

The True Maul
04-09-2002, 08:57 PM
:mad: Unfortunately I never got them but a few months after
the release of Episode I, I saw them at K-mart for clearance price
whch was $3.00 and they had 10 each. But I coudn't get them.
I went back a week later and they where all gone

JEDI JAY AND SILENT
04-10-2002, 08:51 AM
I suggest if you dont have the teebo wave you grab it now.It will be just as hard to find in a few months

brentfett
04-12-2002, 04:43 PM
I agree. I think the Teebo wave will be tough to get in the future.

he-ro
04-15-2002, 03:58 PM
I found them all at a comic shop.