PDA

View Full Version : Bantha reissue and other TRU stuff

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
From the folks at RS (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_SKUs_Found_In_TRUs_Computer_101274.asp):

There have been a few new SKUs showing up in the old TRU mainframe:

Star Wars 3.75 Bantha w/ Tusken Raider SKU # 800705. $44.99 Retail
Star Wars Expanded Universe SKU # 631741. $10.99 Retail
Star Wars Vintage Collection SKU # 759640. $9.99 Retail

Seems that the TRU warehouse is almost out of stock on their exclusive Dagobah X-Wing and Endor AT AT and they have shipped their entire stock of the TIE Fighter w/ pilot. Don't expect these three exclusives to be on the shelves for much longer.

Cool, I never got the Bantha. I wonder what the EU things are, the comic packs? And it looks like we'll definitely be getting more vintage-style figures.

Damn, I need to get the current exclusives.

kool-aid killer
11-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I wasnt able to get the POTF2 Bantha either, so im looking forward to this one. Hopefully these new vintage figures arent such hard core pegwarmers like these last one were, thats a sure way to kill that line. Im always up for new EU stuff, so these could be either really exciting or poor, cant really say without knowing what they actually are.

Slicker
11-09-2006, 04:16 PM
It's about dang time they rerelease the Bantha. It's probably the best beast released thus far and in dire need of reissuing.

Now they just need to release the TaunTaun packs again...

dindae
11-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I assume the EU packs are the comic packs. It's nice to see the Bantha but at that pricepoint I'm hoping there is nothing that make me want it.

JON9000
11-09-2006, 05:40 PM
$45 for the Bantha seems a little steep. I don't remember how much I paid in 1998, but $25 seems close. Yikes. Still, its a great toy with its realistic fur.

drsidious
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
i hope the bantas a lil lighter than the last one.
i found mine at a brand names going out of business ,
bought 3 of um and a rancor for 2.99 a pop.

Jargo
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I got two. cool beast. don't reckon there's much point wasting time waiting for the bantha to clearance. it's likely to be a fast sellout on it. I may even get one myself, give myself a lil herd. I hope the hair is slightly different. a tad of variation. for that price though i'd be wanting the VOTC tusken raider riding it.

El Chuxter
11-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I think he was $30 the first time around. I got one at full price, and one when they were marked down to something like $7 at the local WM.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Nice! I didn't know the Bantha was being rereleased! I never got one and I had been eyeing e-bay for a while. Not anymore! Can't wait! :crazed:

any date on it?

Jargo
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
ok, going to admit something now that will leave me shamefaced.

I comb my banthas hair.

like a girl.

I now sing my BSLOS penance

*coff*

"Little boxes, on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky. Little boxes, on the hillside and they all look just the same. There's blue one and a pink one and a green one and a yeller one. Little boxes, on the hillside and they all look just the same"

Thank you........

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 07:51 PM
ok, going to admit something now that will leave me shamefaced.

I comb my banthas hair.

like a girl.

I now sing my BSLOS penance

*coff*

"Little boxes, on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky. Little boxes, on the hillside and they all look just the same. There's blue one and a pink one and a green one and a yeller one. Little boxes, on the hillside and they all look just the same"

Thank you........

I wonder if there is a function that lets you change your screen name as Mr. Daddypants doesn't seem so fitting anymore.........:whip:

jjreason
11-09-2006, 08:19 PM
That IS shameful, Jargo. Those hairy beasts are supposed to be sandswept and gnarly looking - not groomed like oversized Pekingese lapdogs. I CAN, however, see you fondling your Bantha at the grocery store in mimicry of Paris Hilton. :D

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
$45? I could almost buy a real bantha for that much.

All kidding aside, I will probably get that since I do not have one. However, with no TRU here anymore, I'll have to watch for it online.

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 06:11 AM
I hope it isnt an exclusive to TRU alone, I didnt read that in the initial post. The Vintage SKUS are there as well and we all know they arent exclusive.

BTW JJL, love the JD tar.

abell748
11-10-2006, 06:31 AM
$45 is a little steep. It seems to be the generic going rate for any $20 item and a figure at TRU. How is this better then the Snowspeeder and it was only $30, heck even the sweet huge Dagobah X-Wing was $45. For $15 more you can buy a shuttle with two figures from Target! When comparing the two items at the same price point, the bantha is a tad high. That being said however, I will get one so that I can cross bantha off of the need list.

bobafrett
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
I bought a bantha with Tusken Raider off of eBay for a reasonable price. I like sticking my finger through the hole in the plastic window to stroke the beasts fur, without ever having to release him!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I hope it isnt an exclusive to TRU alone, I didnt read that in the initial post. The Vintage SKUS are there as well and we all know they arent exclusive.

BTW JJL, love the JD tar.
Thanks. :D

I bet that it will be exclusive, as everything over $20 has been an exclusive someplace or another this year and the "tradition" will likely continue.

Jango Speck
11-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I like sticking my finger through the hole in the plastic window to stroke the beasts fur, without ever having to release him!

You are disgusting. :ninja:

Jargo
11-10-2006, 03:24 PM
"please Do Not Feed The Bantha".

I typed that in all caps and it was auto converted to lower case aside from as you can see, the first letters exept the one you'd normally want in caps. how very queer.