PDA

View Full Version : Daybreak - with Taye Diggs

JEDIpartner
11-09-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm avoiding this show because ABC can't stop advertising it every commercial break. I'm already sick of the show and it's not even started airing yet. :upset:

Patient Zero
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
So you don't like seeing the same thing over and over and over again? I suppose you should miss this show then.

I got dibs on this bombing! Anyone wanna bet me? :whip:

El Chuxter
11-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't want to pass judgment without watching, but does this look to anyone else like "Groundhog Day: The Series"?

General_Grievous
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I hate this show because it's butting into Lost....but Taye's girlfriend on the show looks hot. Did she play Miho in "Sin City"?

JEDIpartner
11-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't want to pass judgment without watching, but does this look to anyone else like "Groundhog Day: The Series"?

I made that comment to Lou the second time I saw the commercial. I turned to him and said, "Oh, now THERE'S an original idea!! I could just see the guys around the table and one saying, 'Hey! What would happen if Groundhog Day were an action movie... no, wait!! A tee-veeeeeeeeeeeeee series...' "

2-1B
11-11-2006, 12:39 AM
They previewed TayeBreak at the theater both times I saw Borat and if I never see this show previewed again (and again) it will be too soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
About the same time I started seeing ads for this I also started seeing ads for that Deja Vu movie, thus confusing matters more.

Jayspawn
11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
BOMB!

It does look like Groundhog Day:The Series. Been done before.

And its cutting into Lost -which doesnt sit well with me.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I've not seen Groundhog Day, but wasn't that more of a comedy? It looks like it might be okay. I don't know if I'll watch it though. I don't see it as cutting into Lost. We knew Lost was going on hiatus anyway. Last year everyone complained about all the reruns, so this year they planned it so that they could run it without having a rerun every other week.

El Chuxter
11-13-2006, 11:13 AM
MSP, please do not post here again until you have seen Groundhog Day and can quote it on command.

And, yes, it's a comedy.

BountyHunterScum
11-13-2006, 09:16 PM
MSP, please do not post here again until you have seen Groundhog Day and can quote it on command.

And, yes, it's a comedy.

Looks like ****, next. It's a Groundhog Day RIPOFF.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I wonder if this is just a coincidence. The local channel is showing Groundhog Day the same night that Day Break premieres. I'll be watching Jericho so I won't be able to see it though. I'm not sure if I'll watch Day Break, or if I'll give Medium a chance. I've not watched that before, but is along the lines of something that I would watch.

Jayspawn
11-19-2006, 09:39 AM
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........:sleeping:

WOAH! I read the title and fell asleep again.

dr_evazan22
11-19-2006, 10:25 AM
As bad as the show concept is is/are radio announcers.... My local team has been calling it Serious Groundhog Day, and they think they are just the sh- ... do do.

After working many long days I raced home in time to turn on Lost and this was on. I was brain dead so I didn't bother turning it off. If anyone deserves an Oscar or Emmy or whatever for acting, its Taye Diggs. The Absolute. Best.

In the show Taye's character actually ages those days, and retains any wounds that were incurred during the past day (the other characters don't age or keep their injuries - which is good considering he's trying to save his GF who gets killed). Along with keeping any injuries he benefits from being able to remember everything, too. He has to figure out who is framing him for murder and why.

JEDIpartner
11-23-2006, 09:29 PM
So, basically, he could conceivably die before he fixes things. Cool!

JediTricks
11-25-2006, 10:17 PM
The ratings on this show are apparently in the toilet, like a 3.5 or something, miserable.

BountyHunterScum
11-27-2006, 01:17 PM
The ratings on this show are apparently in the toilet, like a 3.5 or something, miserable.

That's no surprise, yet another sleazy ripoff of something else.

JEDIpartner
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
LOL No wonder they were hyping this show at every commercial break during LOST!!!

El Chuxter
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Is this out on DVD yet?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Day-Break-Complete-Series-Announced/8743

Coming out sometime in March.

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 11:20 AM
And still no DVD of Get a Life, Muppet Babies, or Batman.

It's a crime, really.