PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Carded Back Pictures....

GNT
01-31-2002, 11:46 PM
Im not sure if its been posted (I looked and saw nothing about it) but NobleToys has a picture of the cardback for Kit Fisto,I believe this is the first card back for the blue cards we've seen?

Thoughts?

GNT
01-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Ok the picture didn't seem to attach its self :( D'oh

SirSteve
01-31-2002, 11:55 PM
bmp attachments are no longer allowed since they are so big. Pictures need to be in jpg or gif mode.

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:16 AM
Very Nice, Very Nice. Nubian.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 12:45 AM
LTBasker to the rescue!!! Hey it gives us a better view of the Super Battle Droid and 3PO.

Unit-01
02-01-2002, 12:53 AM
More here!

http://www.nobletoy.com.hk/hasbro/012/

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 01:01 AM
Is it just me or are these new stupid gimmicks impressing anyone? I mean come on now. Kit Fisto with lightsaber swinging action, Anakin with "Force Sensitive Lightsaber," R2-D2 with beeping sounds. Come on now Hasbro. NO ONE WANTS THESE. Didn't they learn from the R5-D4 with the rocket launching missle? Everyone complains about that figure, plus it breaks easily as did mine and now I have to get it replaced. I can assure you that Kit Fisto's arm will begin to wear down and sooner or later, snap! It's time for a new one. O.K. Hasbro, no need to cater to the CHILDREN anymore. These features are CHILDISH. Plus I bet there are more SW COLLECTORS, than actual children who just buy a figure now and then. Don't forget that without the fans, I believe, this toy line would have been doomed a long time ago. I sure don't want any of these stupid features, so I'll probably be limiting my collecting from now on for GOOD figures.

Beast
02-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Unit-01
More here!

http://www.nobletoy.com.hk/hasbro/012/

Awesome, now I'm really drooling. Those are great close up pictures. Good job Unit-01, I salute you for finding a ton of close up pictures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 01:08 AM
I was the one who unzipped that bmp and converted it to gif! I wouldn't of though if I had known Unit-01 was gonna post that link. :D

The figures look even cheesier, methinks.

GNT
02-01-2002, 01:17 AM
I like the cardbacks alot :) I like how they have the picture of the figure up in the right corner and the blue colour makes everything stand out,cant get any sweeter :)

Amanamike
02-01-2002, 02:04 AM
Are these figures gonna be part of their regular 3 3/4 line??? I sure hope not cause these figures look like something I mighta liked when i was 6 or 7. And my 6 year old now doesnt have any money to buy these figures. So they better start catering to the people with the money to buy these figures. God help us if this is how the line ends up. If it does my collecting days of Star Wars figures is over!!!!

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:31 AM
Yep, these will be the among the first figure releases for Episode II.

Paul-Kenobi
02-01-2002, 03:25 AM
sweeeeeeettttttttttttt:evil:

mark2d2
02-01-2002, 05:14 AM
Kudos for providing us with a link to such clean and crisp photos. And I dig the backs of this new packaging. It's been said, but very cool to show a photo of the actual fig IMOP.

At last I can weigh in on my opinion on these figs. Of these . . . I'll definitely be buying . . .

1.) R2D2 -- Everybody is going to Hate this fig, but I've always enjoyed the original fx figure and will enjoy a clean version with a different sound bite.

2) C3P0 -- The world hates this figure it seems. All because he doesn't look exactly like the Episode I version. Personally, I HATED that figure because he was too gangly and awkward for my taste. This one has the shape of his body right, and the panels MIGHT look cool. If they don't, well he'll be an interesting background piece if nothing else. The idea is a cool one at least. And I like the storage trunk.

3) ANAKIN -- I grew up with the vintage, so the lightsaber thing hits me in a big way with nostolgia. (And you'll all get other sculpt...) Plus this fig appears to have articulated knees, so the pose isn't as wacko as I'd once feared. As for the other gimmicks if they work, great. If not, I can't see how they'll hurt this fig.

4) JANGO -- A much better Jango. And I'll hold out for this one. No preview Jango for me. Removable helmets are always cool.

I'm on the fence about . . .

5) OBIWAN KENOBI -- It doesn't do it for me either way. Maybe if I'm in a generous mood, I'll pick him up.

And now for the No's and Never-in-million-Years!

6.) PADME/QUEEN -- I never thought I'd pass on a Queen figure, but this will definitely be the one. Just flat out wierd looking.

7) SUPER BATTLE DROID -- Dumb design. Bad Lucasfilm Bad!

8) KIT FISTO -- Just not that cool, I guess.

Darth Evil
02-01-2002, 05:22 AM
The only one I must have is still Jango, all the others look only okay.

CrossWizard
02-01-2002, 06:15 AM
Well after seeing them upclose its safe to say the only sure purchases are going to be Jango, Obi Wan, R2 and 3P0. I wont even bother with Anakin or Padme until resculpts are released.

Casual George
02-01-2002, 08:41 AM
I'm amazed at the critical view of these figures. First off I think Hasbro has done a wonderful job. They've managed to put out yet another fresh take on Star Wars figures. I've collected Star Wars figures since they first came out back in '78. I've become a more serious collector as I've gotten older but I can't loose sight of the fact that these are first or foremost TOYS. I for one am grateful we've got these new guys out there. In a few short years Episode III will have been released and Hasbro will be looking at retiring the whole idea of Star Wars figures. Enjoy the times we live in. Sure not all of these sculpts are exactly watch we want but they're a huge improvement over the first Power of the Force figures! I'll take a "weird" posed Jango Fett over a WWF looking Han or Luke any day. O.K. I'll get off the soap box now.

MTFBWY!

gibbspaulus
02-01-2002, 09:04 AM
Sorry, takign a sideways step here. But surely the horror that is transexual Leia should be the POTF error to mention first.

Did Carrie Fisher sue?

Anyway, I don't like some of these poses, but the figures are looking good.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2002, 10:06 AM
CRAP!

I hate the gimmicks and agree that they are going to degrade over time and diminish the quality of the figures. There are some clever ideas, but most of them are poorly executed. I think the Anakin and Padme are absolutely dreadful! The new Jango, Obi-Wan and Threepio are great... IMO. Artoo is... hmmm- he looks good... does that third leg retract? That is the single most important feature as far as I'm concerned. I am sick of Artoos that don't have the retractable leg!! Kit Fisto is well... I'm not sure WHO I should blame for THAT mess! That tentacles-a-flyin' Whoopi Goldberg head HAS to go because it is gonna take up more shelf space than the Bacta Tank!!! :rolleyes: Super-battle droid... doesn't look terrible, but it's just a silly concept to begin with.

pthfnder89
02-01-2002, 10:21 AM
I really like Kit Fistos character and the way he looks (I guess Im the only one) so I'll definitely buy him, but I hate the gimmicks. C3PO, R2-D2, and Jango's gimmicks dont actually interfere with the figure, so I like them better, but i HATE spring loaded arms and legs because they negate the articulation.

On the other hand, Im just going to slice him open and take that out, so oh well...

Lord Tenebrous
02-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Crap, I'm too late! The Dark Lords of the Market have forced the pictures down. :(

If anybody would be so nice as to upload them to the forums, I'd be happy again. ;)

Jargo
02-01-2002, 11:08 AM
me too. thanx in anticipation. :D :stupid:

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
The only one I must have is still Jango, all the others look only okay.
Ah yes, that is what they all say about me....

Lman316
02-01-2002, 12:27 PM
I still have mixed feelings about them. I mean, detail actually looks good on these figures (I'll know for sure when I see them up close). However, the gimmicks I'm not too keen on and the poses I'm not keen on either. However, I think I'll deal with them. No, not for every other single figure they produce afterwards, but just for these couple. I've already written to Hasbro and given them my two cents on the matter - so hopefully they'll listen.
I know there are a lot of people who absolutely do NOT like these figures, but (like I've said in another post) maybe we should cut them a little slack here, give them the benefit of the doubt. Hasbro has come out with a lot of figures that we never thought we'd see and they have catered to collectors for some time now. They may have "dropped the ball" but it's early in the game from where I see it. Give it some time, and if they continue to have spring-loaded arms and HBK stances.........then we can give 'em hell. :D

Casual George
02-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Hmmmm

Casual George
02-01-2002, 12:34 PM
Jango card

GNT
02-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Anyone save the large pictures of collection 2? I have the large front picture of Plo Konn but no the others.

jedibear
02-04-2002, 02:30 AM
....first off, I'm REALLY liking the cards, front & back. Hasbro's press release was dead-on...they look new & fresh and harkin back to beginning at the same time. Excellent job!

As for the figures....as always, the pictures MAY or MAY NOT do them justice once we have 'em in our hot little hands (or in my case, big paws:)) but I'm okay with 'em so far....

The one ongoing complaint I'm seeing here I kinda grudgingly agree with and that's about the features...spring-loaded arms and magnetic hands (that I will be VERY surprised if they work a 10th as well as Hasbro thinks they will) are not so hot on such a small scale because the wear n' tear will do 'em in quick, not to mention that the chances for getting a figure that's not falling apart as soon as it's opened are not so hot either. My biggest concern is I hope these features don't take anything away from the look of the figure. I don't like the idea of little levers or enlarged parts on figures that would otherwise be excellent renditions of a character. The clearest example of late would be the superb Red Security Battle Droid in the POTJ line....great except for that stupid "quick-draw" lever sticking out of it's back.

I'm also liking the jedi characters alot. George sure is into tentacles this time around...not just the usual tw'ileks...we've got the stately & exotic Shaak Ti (I REALLY like this figure) and the multi-tentacled Kit Fisto...I think he looks great...can't wait to see those tentacles flying around in battle.

Alas, it's already easy to see the potential pegwarmers....young Boba Fett...the droids (except for that nice looking Threepio), and Capt. Typho will probably follew Panaka's fate and be bin warming everywhere.

Anyway, we'll all know soon enough in a few months...

GNT
02-04-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
and Capt. Typho will probably follew Panaka's fate and be bin warming everywhere.

What can we say,it runs in their family :)

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Hallo, ist mein Name Klaus und ich mag sehr Ihre Fische verprügeln, die diese Spielwaren für imbeciles gebildet werden und nur ein Dummkopf würde solchen Trödel kaufen. Die älteren Spielwaren stehen bis zur Zeit wie einem steifen Bauteil, aber Wille dieser neuen ' Spielwaren verblassen in nothingness. leben lang die Energie der jediabbildungen, unten mit poopy AOTC!

Bonjour, mon nom est Klaus et j'aime beaucoup donner une fessée à vos poissons que ces jouets sont faits pour des imbeciles et seulement un imbécile achèterait une telle ordure. Les jouets plus anciens se tiendront jusqu' au temps comme un membre rigide mais volonté de ces nouveaux la ' jouets se fanent dans nothingness. vivent longtemps la puissance des chiffres de jedi, vers le bas avec AOTC poopy!

Ciao, il mio nome è Klaus e molto gradisco sculacciare i vostri pesci che questi giocattoli sono fatti per i imbeciles e soltanto uno sciocco comprerebbe tale roba di rifiuto. I più vecchi giocattoli si leveranno in piedi fino a tempo come un membro rigido ma la volontà di questi nuovi ' giocattoli si sbiad in nothingness. lungamente vive l' pontenza delle figure di jedi, giù con AOTC poopy!

Hola, mi nombre es Klaus y mucho tengo gusto de azotar sus pescados que estos juguetes se hacen para los imbeciles y solamente un tonto compraría tal chatarra. Los juguetes más viejos estarán parados hasta tiempo como un miembro rígido pero voluntad de estos la ' juguetes nuevos se descolora en nothingness. vive de largo la potencia de las figuras del jedi, abajo con AOTC poopy!

hello, meu nome é Klaus e I muito bem como para espancar seus peixes estes brinquedos é feito para imbeciles e somente um tolo compraria tal sucata. Os brinquedos mais velhos estarão até o tempo como um membro rígido mas a vontade destes ' brinquedos novos desvanece-se em nothingness. vive por muito tempo a potência das figuras do jedi, para baixo com o AOTC poopy!

Hello, my name is Klaus. these toys are made for imbeciles and only a fool would buy such junk.
The older toys will stand up to time like a powerful monument but these new 'toys' will fade into nothingness.
long live the power of the jedi figures, down with AOTC poopy!

Beast
02-04-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by jedibear
Capt. Typho will probably follew Panaka's fate and be bin warming everywhere.

Originally posted by GNT
What can we say,it runs in their family :)

I don't think Capt. Panaka was ever much of a bin warmer, now if he was related to Ric Olie, then I would agree 100% with you. :D I do think that he will be the pegwarmer of the assortment, hopefully Hasbro taken that into account and doesn't over ship him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-04-2002, 05:34 PM
I like the card backs, but i think they went a little overboard with all the gimmicks.

Beast
02-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I like the card backs, but i think they went a little overboard with all the gimmicks.

Nah, I think it's cool to see somthing new in the Star Wars line. And the play features don't seem to detract much from the sculpts. Other then Anakin's lightsaber in his arm, they all look great to me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

maulreborn
02-04-2002, 07:03 PM
IT 'S LIKE A BAD COPY OF THE PHANTOMS FROM "FINAL FANTASY" THE MOVIE. CHARACTER DESIGNS LIKE THIS AND OTHERS I HAVE SEEN ARE AWFUL (LOOK AT THE CLONETROOPER). I'M VERY AFRAID OF THE UPCOMING EPISODE II

GNT
02-05-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by evenflow

I agree,the figures would be 100 times better without the cheap non working gimmicks :)

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 01:50 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 01:51 AM
I dont know if anybody had mentioned it anywhere because most pictures of the wave 1 & 2 are from cardfronts & cardbacks.If you look at the EpII carded figures from a few angles,you can see that every figure comes with a different background scene WHICH IS LOOSE & NOT ATTACHED TO THE CARD!.If they were to make changes,then we'll have 2 waves of variation,here we go again!:(

GNT
02-05-2002, 01:58 AM
I knew they had a paper thing inside the bubble but from the picture you posted it looks so cheap looking it ait funny :(

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:01 AM
I agree with you!& Its printed one-side only!heres more pics :D

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:02 AM
more pics guys:confused:

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 02:02 AM
more pics guys!:confused:

c7791
02-05-2002, 01:34 PM
would be interesting if this were a packaging anomaly and not a cheapo attempt by hasbro at a diorama

JEDIpartner
02-05-2002, 01:46 PM
is Hasbro's attempt to save some $$$ on production costs. They only have to create one card front and multiple card backs. ALL the card fronts will be the same so they didn't have to pay an artist to put the images for Tatooine, Kamino, Geonosis and Coruscant right on the card. They just have to insert these stinking pieces of paper. This will, quite possibly create a higher number of errors... Kamino Jango with a Tatooine backgroud, etc...

darkjedi
02-05-2002, 01:53 PM
I agree with you JEDIpartnr!:) :)

GNT
02-06-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by darkjedi
more pics guys:confused:

Yes keep them coming!!!

darkjedi
02-10-2002, 05:31 AM
Hi,I dont know wether its reported yet but If you look close at the Super Battle Droid cardback you will see that a very big sticker/label is covering the middle.I see no others in waves 1 & 2 .Maybe a future variation?:eek:

darkjedi
02-10-2002, 05:34 AM
another pic!:)

maulreborn
02-10-2002, 07:38 AM
I have found this one from a link on THE FORCE.NET. According to the information I have read there , this new Darth Vader bespin will come in an AOTC package stlye. It's good to know Hasbro will continue producing Classic trilogy figures with the AOTC line.