PDA

View Full Version : Quick question: Led Zeppelin

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 11:14 AM
The one about the Beatles seems to be going over well, so here's a second. Without giving it any thought (in other words, give the first answer to come to mind) what are your:

YOUR FAVORITE LED ZEPPELIN ALBUM?

YOUR FAVORITE LED ZEPPELIN SONG?

Personally, I have to go with Led Zeppelin IV (which very narrowly beats LZ III) and "Over the Hills and Far Away."

Rogue II
11-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I celebrate their entire collection.

In fact, during my wedding ceremony, we had to choose some music while we lit the candles. I talked my wife into playing White Summer/Black Mountain side. It is a really good instrumental, but I don't want to call it my Favorite Led Zeppelin song...yet.

Thanks Chux. Now I'm going to have to spend all weekend listening to Beatles and Zeppelin albums so I can answer your questions.

JimJamBonds
11-10-2006, 11:50 AM
If I had to choose I'd say Zoso and The Ocean (currently).

LusiferSam
11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I've got to go with Led Zep III for best album and Over the Hills and Far Way for best. For me the album is easy, the song is hard. Immigrant Song and Kashmir are also very and I might have voted for them I had listened to either of them last.

Darth Jax
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
i'm sure to be castigated mightily for it, but i've not listened to an entire zep album. the stuff i hear on the radio is enough to keep me from it. sorry just don't hear it, don't think they're that great. most of their stuff just sounds like noise to me and plant's vocals are grating.

kashmir is a pretty rocking song though.

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 10:29 PM
For song a toss up between Battle of Evermore and Ramble on.

2-1B
11-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Heartbreaker.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Album - Houses of the Holy
Song - so many great ones . . . Rain Song, Immigrant Song, Going to California, and everything else . . . but I think I have to go with Stairway to Heaven.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-11-2006, 03:47 PM
For album, I'll go with the one that started it all, Led Zeppelin I. I love the violin bow action on "Dazed and Confused" and "How Many More Times". "Good Times Bad Times" is a great opening track and rocks almost as much as "Communication Breakdown". Some good blues remakes with "I Can't Quit You Baby" and "You Shook Me". "Black Mountain Side" is a great instrumental. I like the keyboards on "Your Time Is Gonna Come". I really like the dichotomy of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", with the mellow acoustic parts and the really heavy parts.

Picking a favorite song is not really possible, but I'll go with a song that I think I actually remember hearing back in the 70's. "Trampled Under Foot". Powerful beat, great riff, and I like the keyboards. Perhaps their most danceable tune as well. Even though I don't dance, this is a song that almost makes me want to.

dindae
11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Best Album: Houses of the Holy

Best Song: Rain Song - probably one of my favorite songs ever.

JON9000
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
For album, I'll go with the one that started it all, Led Zeppelin I. I love the violin bow action on "Dazed and Confused" and "How Many More Times". "Good Times Bad Times" is a great opening track and rocks almost as much as "Communication Breakdown". Some good blues remakes with "I Can't Quit You Baby" and "You Shook Me". "Black Mountain Side" is a great instrumental. I like the keyboards on "Your Time Is Gonna Come". I really like the dichotomy of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", with the mellow acoustic parts and the really heavy parts.

Picking a favorite song is not really possible, but I'll go with a song that I think I actually remember hearing back in the 70's. "Trampled Under Foot". Powerful beat, great riff, and I like the keyboards. Perhaps their most danceable tune as well. Even though I don't dance, this is a song that almost makes me want to.

See, you totally cheated!!! (Although I totally understand)!

Okay, I did it-

IV and Black Dog.

I borrowed this kid's cassette at Scout Camp in 1987. I'd never heard Zep before. I thought it was amazing. A lot of bands were recycling their material in '87, but I'd never heard anything quite like it. I'd heard the Who and the Stones, but Zep was a lot more all over the place with their music.

Anyhow, IV will always stick out in my mind, and the opening track blew my mind. I rushed home and bought it!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
See, you totally cheated!!! (Although I totally understand)!How did I cheat? I know I cheated in the trivia thread, but I'm a bit confused here.