PDA

View Full Version : Can Some One Fill Me In??

S-Trooper
11-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I keep seeing Star Wars Figures listed on the Bay useing the words "the last 17" in the descriptions. Can some one fill me in on what this means
Thanks
ST

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
The last 17 were the POFT line and were very rare in terms of how many people go them. They include Lando General, Amanaman, Luke in Stormie gear and others i cant think of righ tnow. They were the ones that had the coins in them.

LusiferSam
11-11-2006, 01:14 AM
I keep seeing Star Wars Figures listed on the Bay useing the words "the last 17" in the descriptions. Can some one fill me in on what this means
Thanks
ST

It's a British term. What we in the US (and Canada) think of as POTF figures plus Lumat and Paploo were the last 17 vintage figures made. Because all ROTJ in Europe were released on Trilogo cards someone (who clearly didn't know jack about Kenner) felt it necessary to distinguish the last figures due to they rarity. The term, like a virus, has spread of the net. I feel it's stupid term and has about a much meaning a "the last 37" or "the last 84."

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
But because there's the word "last," it has the connotation like "rare" or "low production." So it might have the effect of making buyers react too rashly.

Slicker
11-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure these are the last 17. I did most from memory but had to look for a couple to be sure they weren't in the ROTJ line.

A-Wing Pilot
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker
B-Wing Pilot
Barada
EV-9D9
Han Carbonite
Han Trench Coat
Imperial Digniary
Death Star Gunner
Lando Pilot
Luke Stormtrooper Disguise
Lumat
Nikto
Paploo
R2 w/ Pop Up Saber
Warok

Kidhuman
11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I believe Anakin was first a mail away figure before being carded. Also wasnt Han Trench Coat released with the rest of the ROTJ figs as I have him, but not from the POTF line.

Slicker
11-11-2006, 06:56 PM
KH, is right.

I missed Luke Battle Poncho and possibly Romba.

A little help would be hot so I don't give any wrong info.

LusiferSam
11-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I missed Luke Battle Poncho and possibly Romba.

A little help would be hot so I don't give any wrong info.

Ok folks the full "last 17" list is as follows:
Lumat
Paploo
R2-D2 With Pop Up Lightsaber
A-Wing Pilot
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
Anakin Skywalker
Amanaman
Barada
EV-9D9
Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
Romba
Warok
Yak Face

Slicker your list has Nikto, B-wing Pilot, Trench Coat Han, none of which should be on there. And who is missing in addition to Romba and Poncho Luke is the all important Yak Face.

I believe Anakin was first a mail away figure before being carded. Also wasnt Han Trench Coat released with the rest of the ROTJ figs as I have him, but not from the POTF line.
Yes, Anakin was the final mail away figure. And yes Trench Coat Han was first released on a ROTJ card. But he was also available on a POFT card (http://www.12back.com/figures/C-p-han-trench.jpg).

Kidhuman
11-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I wasnt saying that he wasnt available, just that they werent part of the final grouping of new figs. I never got any of the POTF figs and had both of them(anakin and han endor) thats how I knew they werent part of that group exclusively.

LusiferSam
11-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I guess I misread your earlier post.

JON9000
11-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Lumat
Paploo
A-Wing Pilot
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Anakin Skywalker
Amanaman
Barada
EV-9D9
Romba
Warok
Yak Face

This is correct, as I recall. Searching under last 17 makes it pretty easy to see auctions on ebay. Or even just "17".

sjd9299
11-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Lumat
Paploo
A-Wing Pilot
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Anakin Skywalker
Amanaman
Barada
EV-9D9
Romba
Warok
Yak Face

Yes this is the list of figures that such auction sites refer to. It is a dumb way to list as Lumat and Paploo were first released on Jedi cards and Yak Face was not availible in the US. But as said above, it was used once and is now part of the collecting lexicon. It is up to us, the informed super collectors, to right this wrong. Never use the term and correct anyone you catch using it. If we all comit ourselves to this task, the use of the term will diminish.