PDA

View Full Version : Watch out when travelling overseas!!!

pegger
11-13-2006, 09:13 AM
So - I've been in Africa for the past 3 weeks....

On the way back home, I flew Air France - to Paris - then transfered and flew to Toronto...

So here's the rip off story....

Due to the new "anti-terrorism protective measures" - the EU doesn't allow you to bring duty free booze bought from another country through security.

example - the guy in front of me bought 2 bottles of whiskey on the flight from South Africa to Paris....he was connecting to New York.

When he gets off the plane, they give him the whiskey he bought (on the flight)...he heads to security to make his connection - and because he didn't buy the booze at the Paris duty free - they confiscate it!!!

Needless to say he was not impressed.

What ticks me off is that you think they would tell him on the plane when he made the purchase!!!!

Sounds like a big money grab to me!!!

ps - sorry if this belong sin Rancor - but I don't know if it does or not...

JimJamBonds
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
How else are those in Paris to get there drink on?

2-1B
11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I've been to Hastings and I've been to Brighton...I've been to East Point, too.

JimJamBonds
11-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I've been to Hastings and I've been to Brighton...I've been to East Point, too.

So what? So what? So what so what you boring little ____.

Rogue II
11-16-2006, 12:07 PM
So what? So what? So what so what you boring little ____.

If he said Sojo down to Brighton, I would guess that he was a boring little Pinball Wizard. But there had to be twist.

The best thing I've seen in a foreign airport was in Guyana. When leavnig the country, there was a huge sign listing prohibited items. Among them was a "Transforming toy gun." It was nice to know that Megatron was banned from taking a commercial flight. One of my friends took a picture, but I never got a copy from him.

JimJamBonds
11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Nope its by The Anti-Nowhere League which Metallica covered while making the Black Album.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-24-2006, 09:40 AM
If you ask me this is a result of a suggestion that a security screener proposed; that won't have to buy their booze for their annual Christmas party.

I guess one has to buy their Absinthe in France from now on if they plan on bringing it back to this country. :lipsrsealed: