PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead 4......

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 02:15 AM
I was replying to a thread that was talking about Army of Darkness which reminded me of something.

I heard from a friend who read in an article somewhere that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are gearing up to make a low budget horror film after Spiderman is released. Can this be Evil Dead 4? We can only hope. Hopefully the new Evil Dead Collectors Edition DVD that comes out in March will have some info on this. Does anyone know anything about this?

hamsterboy
02-01-2002, 02:34 AM
I've only heard rumors.

Rollo Tomassi
02-01-2002, 08:50 AM
It'd be hard to top AOD in terms of pure camp. I'd like to see Ash on the big screen again, but not if it ruins the feel of the series.

Wolfwood319
02-01-2002, 12:06 PM
In the latest issue of "Fangoria" magazine, on the little blurb page there is a statement made by Rob Tapert (producer/writer ED2, AOD) which says he will be teaming up with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell in an as yet UNNAMED low budget horror film.

There have been rumors flying around for 5 years, but the popularity is at an all-time high, and this is the first "quasi-proof" we've actually gotten besides rumors.

There have also been rumors of seeing mysterious scripts on the set of Spider-Man that weren't Spider-Man at all, but instead contained a character named Ash...

Then agian just rumors though.

I think with the resurgence and growth of popularity of this beloved trilogy, now would be a good time for an Evil Dead 4. AOD didn't do very well in the theaters, but the trilogy has sold a helluva lot of DVDs and reissues and so forth.

Personally, if they made the plot similar to the video game, it would be good. Using the theatrical ending to AOD, Ash goes back to the cabin some 8 years after, to confront his fears. Then a lot of cool chainsaw and boomstick action occurs. I think that's all the fans want at this point. Pure Ash action.

Obi-Don
02-01-2002, 03:11 PM
To me Ash is what made the movies. I watch AOD everytime I get a chance to.

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Fangoria, thank you Woolfwood319. That is where my friend read the article.

I believe that if they are indeed intending to make and Evil Dead 4 that it would do surprisingly well at the box office. Many of the fans of the trilogy, myself included, were introduced to the series through video by friends. The first time I saw them was in 1994. I got my cousin interested in them also. It is by word of mouth that these films have drawn a fan base. There probably was no real fan base for the series back in 1993 when AOD was released in theatres, but many of the fans have since been introduced and would love an Evil Dead IV. Plus now that Sam Raimi is directing Spiderman his name will be a lot more memorable to movie audiences and could attract new Evil Dead fans.

2-1B
04-04-2002, 03:54 AM
Has there been any new speculation on Evil Dead 4 lately? Now that Spider-Man is almost in theaters, Raimi must be planning his next project . . .

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 04:00 AM
Nothing more than that 2 line blurb in Fangoria a few months back. I do know that Bruce Campbell is planning another leg of his book tour, and that his site hasn't been updated in a while.:rolleyes:

Although ED popularity is at an all time high now with action figures, the new DVDs and whatnot. There would be no better time than right now to make another.

Beast
04-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Has there been any new speculation on Evil Dead 4 lately? Now that Spider-Man is almost in theaters, Raimi must be planning his next project . . .
There will be no Evil Dead 4, according to the interview at Show West when the restored print of Evil Dead premired. There is a clip of the Q&A hidden on the DVD. Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tapert are planning somthing they wanna do as a group project, but it won't be Evil Dead. The original ideas for Evil Dead 4 would have picked up from the original ending of Army of Darkness, of Ash trapped in the future. Universal not wanting the third movie to be called Evil Dead and forcing the editting of the movie from 96 to 81 minutes, hurt the movie financially. Since alot of the casuel fans had no clue it was a sequel, and the original ending not being allowed to be released in America due to the studio wanting a happy ending, pretty much killed any chance of a 4th film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 04:14 AM
Actually, a great story for a sequel to AOD is the video game's story. It takes place after the Theatrical ending to AOD.

Bruce Campbell's Bubba Ho Tep is coming out this year too, isn't it? That should be really cool. Then again, anything with The Man is cool. I even paid $8 to see the Majestic for pete's sake, just to see him.:rolleyes:

187-Maul
04-04-2002, 08:05 AM
a new movie like the video-game would be pretty cool
I love the other movies and have the mcfarlane figure (from the movie maniacs line)

PS: anyone actually played through the hole game? I can;t get further at one point - I'm always getting killed so fast

SithDroid
04-04-2002, 09:03 PM
The Evil Dead game controls SUCK. Plus the fact that after you kill something it pops up again 2 seconds later doesn't help. The game was done pretty poorly if you ask me. It could have been a lot better.

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 01:03 AM
No doubt the game was awful. The controls were obnoxious, and the collision detection was non-existant.

I did beat the game, and the story was pretty good all the way through. It gets a little wierd once he goes through time though.

187-Maul
04-05-2002, 04:45 PM
he travels through time in the game? didn't know about that...what places?

JimJamBonds
01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
I heard from a friend who read in an article somewhere that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are gearing up to make a low budget horror film after Spiderman is released. Can this be Evil Dead 4? We can only hope. Hopefully the new Evil Dead Collectors Edition DVD that comes out in March will have some info on this. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yup yup, its supposed to be coming out later this year.

2-1B
01-16-2010, 02:29 AM
it wasn't Drag Me to Hell ? :confused:

lol

Darth Jax
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
nope, it was 'my name is bruce'

JediTricks
01-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Bruce Campbell has announced a sequel to My Name is Bruce, this time against Frankenstein. No mention of Raimi's involvement.

Ando
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
"My Name Is Bruce" was kind of a let down for me. I was really looking forward to it and I really wanted to love it. I have a soft spot in my heart for Bruce Campbell and for movies filmed in my home state.

I guess when an actor decides to "skewer" their image as themselves, it loses a little bit of the effect when they've spent their career already doing that.

I still enjoyed it, but I was hoping for some more laughs. I watched it on Sci-Fi (SyFy? Yeah, I'm not calling it that), so maybe that had something to do with it.

mabudonicus
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I found the mixed reviews for "My Name is Bruce" puzzling, personally. I heard a lot of tepid reviews from a whole spectrum of people before I got the chance to watch it, and when I finally did take it in I couldn't see what the problem was. I thought it was totally perfect for what it was, the "monster" looked like he was literally ripped from a bad 80's film, Bruce had hordes of hilarious lines, the plot was linear and uncluttered and most importantly, the film was FUN to watch.

Oddly enough, I heard lots of great things about Bubba-hotep and barely managed to sit through it once, so I totally understand that my tastes are apparently at odds with damn near everybody else on earth, but "Bruce" has been viewed a few times at our house and is still a candidate for a re-watch in the near future.

I have a feeling that is "Bruce" was too goofy for some folks, a film featuring Frankenstein will probably be far "worse". I can already envision loads of slapstick featuring Frankenstein. Glad to know that there will be another installment.
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Heck, it could be worse, he could have made CaveAlien 7

Ando
01-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I found the mixed reviews for "My Name is Bruce" puzzling, personally. I heard a lot of tepid reviews from a whole spectrum of people before I got the chance to watch it, and when I finally did take it in I couldn't see what the problem was. I thought it was totally perfect for what it was, the "monster" looked like he was literally ripped from a bad 80's film, Bruce had hordes of hilarious lines, the plot was linear and uncluttered and most importantly, the film was FUN to watch.

Oddly enough, I heard lots of great things about Bubba-hotep and barely managed to sit through it once, so I totally understand that my tastes are apparently at odds with damn near everybody else on earth, but "Bruce" has been viewed a few times at our house and is still a candidate for a re-watch in the near future.

I am willing to give "Bruce" a second chance and re-watch it next time I see it listed. You touched on something that I should have and that's that it was definitely meant to be like a bad 80's film. I just think *I* might have enjoyed it more had they decided to play it straight.

Darth Jax
01-20-2010, 08:24 PM
i was lucky enough to actually see MNIB on a theater screen and not merely watching it at home (although i've done that multiple times too).

being surrounded by an audience of people appreciative of the cheese that bruce is capable of added to the movie immensely.

i'd love to see another (and wouldn't mind if bubba nosferatu ever came to fruition)

Ando
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
I think seeing it in the theater would have definitely added to my enjoyment of Bruce.

Bubba Nosferatu (according to www.imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com)) is due out in 2011 but Bruce Campbell is out and Ron Perelman is in.

JediTricks
01-22-2010, 03:33 AM

I have a feeling that is "Bruce" was too goofy for some folks, a film featuring Frankenstein will probably be far "worse". I can already envision loads of slapstick featuring Frankenstein. Glad to know that there will be another installment.
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Heck, it could be worse, he could have made CaveAlien 7I liked My Name is Bruce and disliked Bubba Ho-Tep as well, but I didn't LOVE My Name is Bruce, it was cute to me. I think what folks want is a little harder edge from Campbell, the guy is sharp as a razor in general and he's always done goofy stuff but the pendulum used to swing a lot more quickly and on-target with his stuff, now it lazily drifts the other way. My Name is Bruce doesn't have the impact of a solid parody or an original idea, and I think that's where most fans were let down. I got more entertainment out of watching Campbell work a live audience for 30 minutes at a Comic-Con panel last year than I did the 2 hours (with Siffy channel breaks) with MNIB.

2-1B
01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I probably already posted this in a different thread but ol' BC was a douche when I saw him at a horror con in Chicago back around 2004/5...a royal douche. If he accepted refunds on the signed book which I bought, I would definitely give it back to him.