PDA

View Full Version : quick question: AC/DC

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 02:36 PM
chux has defined the rules for this particular game (see similar threads for stones, beatles, zep and pink floyd).

so here comes your chance to spout off on your fave AC/DC album and song.

album: maximum overdrive soundtrack (an all ac/dc soundtrack to a laughable movie - in essence a greatest hits collection).

song: the older stuff is great, but i've gotta go with thunderstruck.

El Chuxter
11-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Good one!

Favorite album: Back in Black. It's just too classic. The second place would be High Voltage.

Favorite song: Have to go with "You Shook Me All Night Long." My friends and I used to say that the guitar solo in that song is the pinnacle of western civilization.

Kidhuman
11-14-2006, 06:42 PM
I hate this freakin band, I wish they would all die

El Chuxter
11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
KH, I am so tempted to use my badarse mod powers to "Add an infraction for Kidhuman" after reading that post. :mad:

Rogue II
11-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Album: Back In Black

Song: Hells Bells--I played on my college's hockey team. It was only a club team, not Division I or anything. When we played Liberty University, which I believe is run by Jerry Fallwell, the tele-evangelist, we skated on the ice to this song. (and I don't want to say that I like Big Balls)

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 08:04 PM

Blasphemy Darth Jax.

who's the blasphemer now???

Blue2th
11-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I wish the owners of the monopolized airwaves (Clearchannel) would eat s**t and die! I swear if I hear another A-side-run-into-the-ground-the-ten-milionth-time-ago-AC/DC song, or "Free-Bird" I'm gonna shoot myself, or go postal, or buy an XM radio............Being half Aussie, I can somewhat appreciate AC/DC as part of Rock'n'Roll history, and one of the few bands to go over the top from down under. I would have to say "High Voltage" is my favorite album, and though I prefer Bon Scott's lead vocals to Brian Johnson, I have to say my favorite song is "Who made who" because it's so different from most of their songs. With a smokin' lead.

2-1B
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
This is a tough one, not sure if I could single out just one of each...

For now I'll say

album: Back in Black

song: Let There Be Rock.

I have many favorites, though, as AC/DC are one of my favorite bands.

JimJamBonds
11-17-2006, 09:50 AM

One down.......

General_Grievous
11-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Album-Back in Black

Song-It's a Long Way to the Top

Mad Slanted Powers
11-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Album - Powerage
Song - So many great ones, but I'll stick with one from Powerage - "Down Payment Blues".

I could certainly pick "Let There Be Rock" based on this from the liner notes of the remastered version of the album:

Angus set the tone and led the sessions by example during the recording of the rock 'n' roll history lesson that is the album's title track. His amplifier caught fire midway through but under frantic instructions from George [Young] he continued playing. By song's end the amp head was a smoldering puddle of wiring and valves and Angus' guitar had absorbed part of his tiny body weight in sweat.

dindae
12-08-2006, 05:22 PM
album - Dirty Deeds

Song - Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire)