PDA

View Full Version : In The Line of Fire

Tycho
11-15-2006, 04:02 AM
This thriller stars Clint Eastwood as Frank, a US Secret Service Agent who's trying to stop John Malcovich as Mitch, an ex-CIA assassin who's trying to kill the President. Rene Russo is Eastwood's love interest, a pretty younger woman-agent that Eastwood continues to rub the wrong way throughout the picture, but still has her falling for him anyway.

The movie is very cool - especially with the wooden gun that Mitch Leary is going to use to kill the President and all his disguises and covers he uses to bring his plan into fruition.

A signature characteristic of this movie is the killer continuously calling Frank in his home or at the Secret Service office, and egging him on about how he's going to kill the President and whether Frank would kill or take a bullet to save the life of the Commander in Chief.

The President is never really named or shown close up in the picture, as he's not a central character of the film. From the Pro-Choice protestors, and Frank's sympathy towards Kennedy and the direction the country headed following JFK's assasination, I gather the new President that Leary is going to kill is a Republican. The movie was created when George H.W. Bush was President. Anyway, this may start me on a Presidential movie kick next.

DarkArtist
11-16-2006, 07:26 AM
I agree this is a great movie Eastwood is great.