PDA

View Full Version : Vintage at KBtoys.com?

Rogue II
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
I was looking through the Star Wars section over at KBtoys.com and saw they are selling vintage C-3PO with Removable Limbs (http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4718915/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/) and the B-Wing Pilot (http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4718953/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/). It says they are in their original Kenner baggies.

How did KB end up with these things?

LusiferSam
11-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Brian's Toys is the source. Brian sometimes unloads stuff like this on KB toys, Amazon, TRU and the like.

decadentdave
11-16-2006, 03:48 AM
Brian's Toys is the most overpriced secondary dealer on the planet. I just received their holiday catalog and got a good chuckle out of their ridiculously overinflated prices. It was worth a good laugh.

Rogue II
11-16-2006, 09:40 AM
As a kid, I had the break-apart C-3PO, but I thought he came carded. Were there a lot of figures that came in Kenner bags?

mtriv73
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I noticed TRU.com has stuff listed from Brian's toys also. Isn't having secondary dealers on the site the reason they broke off their exclusive deal with Amzon.com in the first place?

decadentdave
11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Most of the bagged Kenner figures came with playsets or were mail-order promo items. In this case, the C-3PO with Removeable Limbs bagged version was included with the Sears exclusive Bespin Freeze Chamber playset.

JON9000
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
As a kid, I had the break-apart C-3PO, but I thought he came carded. Were there a lot of figures that came in Kenner bags?

To my knowledge, every figure was at some point released in a baggie. I've seen collections of them missing only one or two. Figures came baggied primarily as promos such as the early bird kit or featured mailaways on cardbacks.

They were also released as special pack-ins for items like the Darth Vader figure case (yoda, bespin luke, vader), the famous cardboard backdrops (including the ever elusive blue snags), and multiple figure catalog send aways from retailers like Sears at holiday time. Some are extremely common, such as take apart 3po, while some are rare.

A lot of U figures from AFA are figures taken out of baggies.

El Chuxter
11-16-2006, 04:36 PM
To my knowledge, every figure was at some point released in a baggie.

Including Vlix? :p

Ji'dai
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Vlix was often included as a prize in baggies of Punte del Oro Columbian Hemp for a limited time back in '85-86.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Including Vlix? :pI believe the assumption was "Star Wars" figures. Droids and Ewoks aren't true SW figs. :rolleyes: In fact, many consider them the EU of action figures; a nice thing but it doesn't count for reals. :D

And I guess I'd say "most" figures, 'cause vinyl Jawa or Death Squad Commander or small head Han might've avoided the bag o' death.

JON9000
12-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I believe the assumption was "Star Wars" figures. Droids and Ewoks aren't true SW figs. :rolleyes: In fact, many consider them the EU of action figures; a nice thing but it doesn't count for reals. :D

And I guess I'd say "most" figures, 'cause vinyl Jawa or Death Squad Commander or small head Han might've avoided the bag o' death.

Exactamundo!

Jayspawn
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Vlix was often included as a prize in baggies of Punte del Oro Columbian Hemp for a limited time back in '85-86.

The Comumbian's thought that Vlix was a God of Purity. So they were very excited when they found him. :twisted:

Only some of the figures came in baggies. Most of them came carded but several were mail-in figures and so Kenner had stashes of bagged figures after the lines were done.