PDA

View Full Version : Poof is packed with an interesting saber.

Turbowars
11-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm sure most of you have noticed, but Poof will be sporting a Concept Stormtroopers light saber. I'm pretty sure it's because his hands wouldn't hold a standard issue saber hilt. His hands are open to wide and the concept hilt is wide at the top. Kind of cool.

kool-aid killer
11-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I noticed that when i first seen the picture of the carded figure. Is he any different from the Yareal Poof that came in the little cinema scene or whatever it was called?

figrin bran
11-16-2006, 01:55 AM
cool saber!

kool-aid killer, i'm pretty sure that it's a pure unmodified repack of the yarael poof from the jedi council cinema scenes.

Jargo
11-16-2006, 02:19 PM
It kinda looks like a saber with the safety on. like the sort of saber you'd let a novice use or a jedi that was a bit y'know... 'special'. A bit, 'not all there'.....

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 02:28 PM
I wonder if they're going to maintain the glow-in-the-dark core or just go with a plain white one. Personally, I think this is a very odd choice on their part, the extreme flare at the base makes it less believable - it looks like the concept art, but this ain't a concept art piece.

TheDarthVader
11-16-2006, 03:32 PM
It looks out of place, but I like the concept trooper saber; especially if this one also glows in the dark! The card looks really nice. I am going to have to get one or two of these bad boys. I have extra sabers laying around so it won't be an issue for me, and I can give the concept saber to one of my stormtroopers. :D

El Chuxter
11-16-2006, 03:56 PM
It's because Yarael never had a lightsaber that was designed beyond the concept stage.

</rimshot>

Slicker
11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Definitely an odd choice. You'd think they'd just make his hands smaller to accomodate the normal saber.

Turbowars
11-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Definitely an odd choice. You'd think they'd just make his hands smaller to accomodate the normal saber.
It's all about $ and Hasbro didn't have to spend a dime in development. Easy $ for Hasbro.

Slicker
11-16-2006, 08:20 PM
It's all about $ and Hasbro didn't have to spend a dime in development. Easy $ for Hasbro.Ahhh...touche.

I forgot that it was another straight repack.:rolleyes:

Old Fossil
11-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Man, I'm gonna miss these Saga cardbacks when they're gone from the pegs.:cry:

Poof looks like a straight repack to me. It's a nice figure.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I thought they should've just retooled that sucker's hand. Oh, well. Whatever. I managed to get my Foul Moudama hand to stay closed using a blow-dryer and some cold water. Works great.

Darth Cruel
12-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Man, I'm gonna miss these Saga cardbacks when they're gone from the pegs.:cry:

Poof looks like a straight repack to me. It's a nice figure.

Which makes me ask...isn't Yareal Poof in the 2006 Saga line?

TheDarthVader
12-01-2006, 07:13 PM
I thought they should've just retooled that sucker's hand. Oh, well. Whatever. I managed to get my Foul Moudama hand to stay closed using a blow-dryer and some cold water. Works great.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just used this on one of my emperor figures, and it worked great! :)

Old Fossil
12-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Which makes me ask...isn't Yareal Poof in the 2006 Saga line?

Yeah, but he was originally part of a Jedi Council Cinema Scene from a few years ago.

Darth Cruel
12-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Does everybody else know something that I don't about waves 9 and 10?

First I see the SSG home page call wave 8 the final wave of the 2006 Saga Collection, then I see a thread about a figure that is supposed to be in the Saga wave 9 in the 30th Annivesary subject. Did they cancel the last 2 waves or move them into the 30th Anniversary line or something?

dindae
12-02-2006, 06:29 PM
No there is no cancellation that I have heard of. I have heard several people refer to the "last wave" as everything from wave 8 on. I believe that is what Sir Steve meant. As far as were people post things who can say but these should still be on saga cards.

darthscribe
12-12-2006, 04:16 AM
It was always my impression that (EU crud notwithstanding) Yarael was of the same race as Gasgano. I'm deeply disappointed he's four arms short. I would have loved to have seen him go up against Grievous in a sabre fight!

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Yarael is much larger than Gasgano, but he is supposed to have 4 smaller arms under his robes according to the EU: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaraelpoof/?id=eu

I would have liked to have seen that adapted into the action figure.