PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

Jangu Fett
11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I had a thought, pretty much everyone want to see new ships for Hasbros 3 inch line, maybe even more to scale with the figures. Now we all know HAsbro is doing mini-figures with the SW Transformers. Why not combine the 2? No not SWTF to scale with the 3 Inch figures, but why not take the molds of some ships ( Millennium Falcon, Slave-1 and the new Sith Inflitrator ) and retool them to fit the mini-figures? The Falcon is certianly big enough, and Slave-1. Going by how the models look would be about the right size. Maybe even light and sound features. With removable panels showing the interior. Is it just me, but I think this is a great idea. And yes I know the Micro Machines had stuff like this but still??? Just a thought

RobertDD
11-16-2006, 02:54 PM
That's a great idea. I think to do that they should make the vehicles about twice as big (6") and then make the figs slightly smaller, but keep the arms and legs movable so thay can be positioned to "fly" a vehicle.

Maybe, to cut cost, they can do 'em in plastic. If so, I'd say the price point should be about $13.00 or so fo a ship, a stand and two figures.

What does everybody else think?

Jangu Fett
11-16-2006, 03:03 PM
No, I'm not talking about the Ultra Titaniums, I mean the ships for the 3 3/4 inch figures. They have a number of different molds for Slave-1 ( Kenners/Shadows of the Empire/POTF, and Jango's AOTC ) and I beleive at lest 2 for the Falcon.

Mothman
11-16-2006, 03:15 PM
That's a great idea. I think to do that they should make the vehicles about twice as big (6") and then make the figs slightly smaller, but keep the arms and legs movable so thay can be positioned to "fly" a vehicle.

Maybe, to cut cost, they can do 'em in plastic. If so, I'd say the price point should be about $13.00 or so fo a ship, a stand and two figures.

What does everybody else think?

I do believe that is Action Fleet

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 03:40 PM
No, I'm not talking about the Ultra Titaniums, I mean the ships for the 3 3/4 inch figures. They have a number of different molds for Slave-1 ( Kenners/Shadows of the Empire/POTF, and Jango's AOTC ) and I beleive at lest 2 for the Falcon.
The minifigs are really small, like 1.5", the Kenner/Hasbro figure line vehicles may be out of scale (they are! :p) but they're not THAT out of scale.

LTBasker
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I see what you're saying, taking the existing molds for the 3 3/4" line and modifying them to be scale for the minifigs that come with TF, like AF but with scale vehicles.

I was thinking about something like this the other day but instead of the minifigs, I was thinking they could do the vehicles to fit with the small Unleashed figures. The 3 3/4" line's Gunship would be closer to being properly in scale with the Unleashed figures.

The problem is the 3 3/4 ships are out of scale with the TF minifigs, they would have to be shrunk down. Since Hasbro isn't too keen on the Action Fleet scale in general, it's doubtful they would devote anything to the minifigs which are just cheap nods to AF and pack-ins for the TFs.

Honestly, it would be a cool idea if they would do something like an AF minifig line and the large 3 3/4" ships could be used to become scale playsets/ships but Hasbro hates making cool things like that.

sergiurusu
11-16-2006, 10:22 PM
That would be a really cool idea indeed but as LTB said I doubt that Hasbro will ever consider this...

RobertDD
11-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry about my earlier post. I was just having too much fun all by myself there for a little bit....

Correctly scaled AF vehicles (scaled to the figs) would be awesome. An AF figure line would be awesome too (even if it's just the Transformer figs without the dumb transformers). But, as others have stated, AF sales are just not good enough for Hasbro to keep making them, and if they axe AF, like they just did, I don't see 'em making anything in that scale anytime soon.

But we can hope...

Actually, I'm hoping for a collectors line of AFs with more realistical sales expectations, offered solely through online retailers and Hasbro.com, in which Hasbro will try to recoup the costs of many molds that have been made for the unprouced (and that has become quite a few vehicles).