PDA

View Full Version : thrity three

gibbspaulus
02-01-2002, 07:28 AM
My God - 33 figures released on one day?!?!?!? Is this true? Who can afford it?

They're about $9 over here (5.99 in pounds sterling) so do the maths! Unsecured loan, anyone?

Rollo Tomassi
02-01-2002, 09:08 AM
"thrity"? Blimey, but you Brits surely do talk a bit queer.

P.S. You forgot about all the vehicles and beast assortments that same day. I'd say you were looking at $500 worth of "goodies" (and believe me, I use THAT term verrrrry tongue in cheek.:rolleyes: ) I dunno what that is in pounds... 300 ??

I know the is about $.89 and the is only about a cent.:)

bigbarada
02-01-2002, 09:08 AM
33? And how many have we seen so far?

I, along with many others from what people say here, aren't worried about how many figures are coming out on the first day. If they all look similar to what we've seen already, then Hasbro could release 100 different figures and not one would sell.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2002, 09:17 AM
33, hahahahahahaha:crazed:

Hasbro MUST be optomistic to crank out THAT many figures at one time!!!

Heck, EP1 only saw 50 figures TOTAL, and that includes 4 variations of the Battle Droids.

So much for being a completist.

Ha, I will only buy what I like, which will probably be around 10 figures. ;)

The rest of this stuff will be around for a LONG, long time.:dead:

gibbspaulus
02-01-2002, 09:58 AM
Good point. I went into shell shock about the thirty three bit, and didn't even think of the rest of the range. I usually prefer the 12" figures and I haven't even enquired about their prices yet!

Yes, $500 is about 300. I guess I'd better start to be really nice to my partner!( ;)

xboywonder
02-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Where did the 33 number come from ??

JEDIpartner
02-01-2002, 10:12 AM
I've only seen the likes of about twenty... including the preview figures!

gibbspaulus
02-01-2002, 10:14 AM
The e-tailler I am buyin my preview figures said that was the amount being released on the day. Go to www.aboveandbeyonddirect.com and look at their ep II selection for confirmation. There appears to be some more resculpts in there of POTJ/F stuff such as Han Solo.

I'd also heard from a buddy that there will be about 54 figures released over the year. TOO MANY!!!

It goes back to the Kids Versus Collectors arguement. What child can afford to collect anywhere near that many?

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Heh, POTJ has only around 50-60 some single figures... that 33 is probably including 1 of each figure from both collections which would come to 16/17....still ridiculous though.

Wolfwood319
02-01-2002, 11:36 AM
My goodness, why do I have the feeling that I'll be seeing AOTC figures in the discount bin at KB in 6 months time....:rolleyes:

You think they'd learn from E1, but then again it is Hasbro... and Lucasfilm.

So far, not counting the last 3 POTJ figs, there is maybe only 2 other figures I want, and possibly the new Slave I, if it gets discounted.

Its unfortunate that as of now, there are two camps on the topic. One viewpoint, we don't like the figures, and are only going to buy a few. The other viewpoint; people are actually starting to like these things and want to buy all of them, which further encourages hasbro to put out the same quality products.

The end is near...for me and collecting.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2002, 11:38 AM
I have a feeling that the initial waves will only include the AOTC figures and they will hold back on the RESCULPTS until later on. I think there will only be an initial 20 or somewhere thereabouts.

pthfnder89
02-01-2002, 11:47 AM
I have to agree JEDIpartnr, I can't believe they would release that many figures all at once, it doesn't make good economic sense.

20 sounds a lot more feasible.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Hasbro will definately have to resculpt some of these figures.
The first wave will probably be followed by more sculpts, due to the lack of enthusiasm generated by these toys.
Of course Hasbro will resculpt the same character 10 times and ignore other characters who have yet to be produced.

Jargo
02-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Confirmed in pictures so far:

Sneak preview:
Jango Fett
Zam wesell
Clonetrooper
R3-T7

Basic figures:
Jango Fett kamino escape
Boba Fett Kamino
Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant chase
Anakin Skywalker oulander peasant disguise
Padme Amidala arena escape
C-3PO protocol droid
R2-D2 Coruscant sentry
Kit Fisto Jedi master
Captain Typho
Battle droid
Plo koon
Shaak-Ti
Tusken female and child

Deluxe figures:
Mace Windu w/ battle droid
Jango fett w/removable armour
Count Dooku with flipping base
Obi-Wan Kenobi with flipping base

Attack beasts:
The Acklay w/snapping jaw and claw
The Reek with electronics

Vehicles:
Coruscant hotrod
Zam Wesell's speeder
Slave-1
jedi starfighter

Unconfirmed:
The Nexu (deluxe)
Red Coruscant guard (basic)
Nikto Jedi (basic)
Massif w/droid (deluxe)
C-3PO w/droid (deluxe)
Yoda (deluxe)
Anakin (deluxe)
Orn Free Taa (basic)
Senator Segat (basic)
Dexter Jettster (basic)
Luminari Unduli (basic)
Count Dooku (basic)
Gungan Rep Jar Jar Binks (basic)
Padme Amidala pilot (basic)
Clonetrooper (deluxe)
Taun We (basic)
Geonosian (basic)
Chancellor Palpatine (basic)
Republic attack gunship/carry case
Geonosis arena playset

Got your bank loan sorted? :evil: :stupid:

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-01-2002, 03:34 PM
It will not really surprise me to see 33 figures out since movie toy lines seem to have a very short shelf life anymore. Hasbro knows all the toy collecting folk will be stalking this stuff down like rabid dogs once it gets released. Then the hype and buildup to the release date will get the kiddies interested. Once the movie is out there kids will be begging their parents to buy there fav figs like Jango.
Everyone can moan and groan about the figures all they want but most of the toys will have to be sold from April 23rd until about the end of May or 1st few weeks of June I'd guess. However long the main interest holds out. That's why they will shove so many out right away.
Like a lot of people I won't be buying that much this time. I will admit though that I think the figs look better carded in the auctions than they did on those pictures we saw last month. I will wait for my final judgement when I see them hanging on the pegs.

Jayspawn
02-01-2002, 04:04 PM
Thats a lot of figures to be coming out. When they come out and I can only get one, I'll get Padme because I'm a Natalie fan.

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 04:39 PM
You forgot Super Battle Droid, EMPEROR JARGO.

GNT
02-01-2002, 08:38 PM
I've counted 19 basic figures(including the 4 preview figures) that are coming out!

Jargo
02-01-2002, 08:50 PM
I had a feeling I'd forgoten something :rolleyes: It's still a heck of a lot of stuff if those others that aren't visuallyconfirmed yet also get released. I also didn't add the lightsabers or the 12" figures so you can add what - five sabers and three 12" figures to the opening lot. Phew! All of you saying you're gonna be happily buying everything are gonna run out of cash pretty fast. And this doesn't take into account the visual dictionary and incredible cross sections books or the art of episode two book. Possibly the script too. The movie scrapbook the novelisation, the soundtrack, the PEZ candy dispensers, The lego republic attack gunship and jedi star fighter, dooku and speeder, Tusken raider ambush...........

The list is endless. I thought the licenses had been cut right back on this movie but the merchandise just keeps mounting up. How is anyone going to afford all this stuff without going into serious debt. In a way I'm glad half the stuff doesn't get released in these tiny backwater islands of the UK. Out of sight out of mind...
Now where's my winning lottery ticket got to.......? :cry:

Obi-Don
02-02-2002, 07:50 AM
It just gives me a lot to choose from. I just hope that they put out enough so that people can get what they want.

Jargo
02-02-2002, 09:22 AM
I've heard rumblings that what we're seeing is a lot more individual items being released but in smaller quantities. In order to avoid pegwarmers presumably and avoid the episode one fiasco. This means shortpacking on a grand scale. If you want it, buy it when you see it and don't expect them to hang around forever. That's mystic Jargo's prediction for 2002. :evil:

It makes good business sense but sucks for collectors. Especially UK collectors as far as I'm concerned. Hasbro really couldn't care less about any of the global customers as long as America is served first. You have to wonder why they even have an office over here in the UK. It's certainly nothing to do with distribution.
And I hear there may be an exclusive toyfair figure on top of the celebration II figure exclusive. Nice. The Toyfair exclusive may become available through the fanclub.... if you can join the fanclub that is. Again, America only elitism. And some of you people wonder why I rail and rant about Hasbro. Well when they stop treating UK and global consumers as second class citizens maybe I'll lighten up and get off their back. Until then I have a right to reply. Seeing as there's no feedback from the company at all the only way I can get my voice heard is to come here and let my feelings be known in a place I know they visit. I really hope they've been reading recently. Here's mud in your eye Hasbro! :mad:

yaddle yodas love pu
02-02-2002, 11:29 AM
I will buy what I always do: One of each figure (other than pointless resculpts) and one of each ship in 3 3/4" scale; also I may pick up a one or two 12" figs that strike my fancy and any action fleet sized ships that strike my fancy. Then in later months, if I see army-builders on discount, I get as many of those as possible when they are cheap. I never buy legos, play acessoroies (like lighsabers) or really any other kinds of merchandise. I'm guessing I will have to plunk down about $500-$600 this spring/summer for the E2 (and "classic") Star Wars toys I will want.