PDA

View Full Version : The Animated Maquettes Thread

Jayspawn
11-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Since Gentle Giant seems to be into these for the long haul, thought we should have a thread on it. And to start it off....

WAAAHOOOO!!!!!!

GG has decided afterall to make the Clone Wars Roron Corobb Maquette! Check out this picture...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/RoronCorobb2.jpg

I gotta have that!

In other Maquette news, I should be getting Boba Fett, Grevious, and Leia/R2 anyday now!

JON9000
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I think they are serious overestimating the demand for these things and I doubt they will sell. The premium marketplace is getting very crowded lately, between busts, mini-busts, statues, 1:6 figs, 1:4 statues, Master Replica items, etc. Snowbunny Padme worked I think because her appearances were animated and she is a she in tight fitting clothes. But given the choice between animated Leia and the GG statue slave Leia, I'm going with the slave.

Jayspawn
11-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree on that to a degree. Their Clone Wars line is awesome but they have to seriously watch out on character choices. I think the upcoming C-3PO/Jawa is priceless! But the Stormtrooper and Luke are questionable in style and pose.

figrin bran
11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
i just preordered Roron Corrob today!

i just hope he isn't the last Clone Wars offering from this line

Jayspawn
11-18-2006, 01:01 PM
GG said they were laying the Clone Wars line to rest in 2007 so I hope they have several more in the works before then. I still want Count Dooku, Palpatine and Shakk Ti.

I thought Roran was classic in Clone Wars. I love it when he starts pressing the elevator button!

JON9000
11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
so, are they releasing the Leia in a black and white version? Who would want that? Weird. Were I to get one, it would certainly be in color!!!

Jayspawn
11-19-2006, 11:34 PM
The b&w Leia/R2 is an international version. Its so not as cool as the colored version. But to each his own, some collectors are going crazy over it.

Which is interesting cause theres only like 1000 or some really low number.

Jayspawn
11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I know we've gone over this somewhere, but I just recieved my Anakin Maquette and I'm now having the famous feet not lining up with the holes in the base thing.

So...was there a way to fix this?

Jango Speck
11-30-2006, 12:24 AM
If any of you feel like selling the older animated Clone Wars maquettes, I am recently very interested in them- mostly Obi Wan Kenobi in Clone Armor. I'm not looking to pay a huge markup, but I do realize these are rare and limited. Please keep me in mind if you know of anyone looking to sell some.

Turbowars
11-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Don't do it Speck, you will be hurting when you click the submit button on e-bay for Padme. :whip:

So how does 65 bucks for a fett shipped sound, I might get it.

figrin bran
11-30-2006, 01:07 AM
over at RS, they've had 4 rounds of polls regarding Clone Wars maquettes that you would like to see. maybe they know something, maybe they don't.

Jango Speck
11-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Don't do it Speck, you will be hurting when you click the submit button on e-bay for Padme. :whip:

So how does 65 bucks for a fett shipped sound, I might get it.

I have no interest in snowbunny Padme, so don't worry. Fett is definitely worth $65 shipped- pull the trigger and enjoy!

Jayspawn
12-04-2006, 01:19 PM
2 more days to wait till my Leia/R2 and Boba arrive! Hehe!

Jayspawn
12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Got em today! Havnt opened them yet though. Waiting till I photograph them for the Registery. Then they go on display.

Jayspawn
02-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Woohoo! Looks like we're getting a Clone Wars Mace Windu Maquette later this year! Cool pictures at Toy Fair. I'll be getting him for sure.

I'm gettin more excited about the Roron Maquette coming out in June.

DarkJediCole
03-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm gettin more excited about the Roron Maquette coming out in June.

The Roron Maquette will be the first animated statue in my personal collection. I had a chance at Boba Fett at a great price but passed. It is a great statue but I have little display space left since my collection has grown over the years and I already have a great Boba Fett piece, the Boba mini bust.

I am also not overly fond of the Clone Wars and/or animated style, however I did quite enjoy seeing an Ithorian Jedi and couldn't pass this statue up, especially since Hammerhead was one of my favorite Star Wars figures back in 1979.

Blue2th
03-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Just found this thread. Good topic. I have all of the Clone Wars Maquettes except for Padme. Gentle Giant is trying to get as much miles as possible from this animated Gendy style. I for one will not buy any of the OTC characters, because they did not appear that way in any animated cartoon. Sure Leia with R2 is cute. So is C3PO with Jawa, but I would have rather had C3PO in tan, with R2 from the Clone Wars Illum scene. For sure I will be buying the Roron figure. I don't know, my opinion, but it just bothers me that they would use Gendy's style for other characters that he never did draw. There are plenty of other characters still to do from Clone Wars without branching off into made-up ones from the OTC. An animated Mace is good news if it does happen.

Jayspawn
03-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I love the Gendy style OT characters! I'm not wild about the Luke and although I love Stormtroopers -I'll probably pass on that one. I would have liked to see a Volume 2 Clone Trooper instead. The C-3PO/Jawa is classic -so I cant pass on that one.

The Leia and Boba are just sweet and more than worth it.

Jayspawn
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I recievd my Roron Maquete this morning. Woohoo!

The upcoming Chewbacca Maquette looks great but I'm still on the fence about Han. The Chewy was impressive at CIV. Unfortunatly they didnt have Mace Windu on display.

Hellboy
07-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Mace Windu, the final CW Maquette :cry:, goes up for sale tomorrow afternoon for Hyperspace Members. Limited to only 1000 pieces. Left over inventory will be sold on Monday to everyone should any remain.

No word on exactly when this goes up tomorrow. Hopefully we get more details before then but as of now its just tomorrow afternoon sometime. :Par:

Source: www.starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20070718.html)

Hyperspace Members Get First Shot at Final Clone Wars Maquette
July 18, 2007

Hyperspace members who collect Gentle Giant's celebrated Clone Wars animated maquettes will want to head over to StarWarsShop on Friday, July 20, when the final maquette in the collection based on the Emmy Award Winning Cartoon Network series goes up for sale: Mace Windu!

Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide and exclusive to StarWarsShop.com, Hyperspace members will get first crack at grabbing this stunning exclusive, which will have a limit of one per person. After three days (Friday afternoon through Monday morning, PST), whatever units remain will be offered to the general public.

Collectors of this series may remember a similar offering for the Padmé "snowbunny" maquette, which was a StarWarsShop exclusive limited to only 1,000 pieces -- if you missed that one, here's a chance to grab an equally rare piece, which will be the last in the line!

This item ships on July 31st, so those out there attending the San Diego Comic-Con International will arrive home in time for its arrival on your doorstep. Don't hope there will be any left after the Hyperspace exclusive 3-day window -- join now to ensure you have a shot at picking up one of these striking maquettes today!

IMPORTANT LOGIN INFORMATION FOR HYPERSPACE MEMBERS

To purchase the Mace Windu maquette, Hyperspace members should follow these instructions starting July 20:

1. Log into your starwars.com Hyperspace account by clicking "Sign On" at the top of the starwars.com homepage under the "Welcome" dropdown menu
2. On the side menu at left, click on the "Shop" link
3. Log into your StarWarsShop.com account even if you have already logged in. Do this by clicking "click here" at upper left -- you will now be logging in as a Hyperspace member.
4. Add the appropriate item and go through the checkout process. If you do not see the "add to cart" button, you did not log in successfully either at starwars.com or at StarWarsShop.com.
5. Please remember that logging into both websites will still not allow you to add the item unless you are already a Hyperspace member or have purchased Hyperspace beforehand. You can purchase Hyperspace here. *

*If you purchase a Hyperspace subscription and do not receive a confirmation email containing your Hyperspace access code, make sure to check your spam-filtered email for the confirmation.

Jayspawn
07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
This sucks. If its not up in the morning then I'm sunk. I dont have my hopes up but would buy this in a heartbeat. Having it as an Exclusive is a mistake -add that to the GG list).

Fingers crossed.

Hellboy
07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Its up guys!!

Get em quick. :crazed:

Hellboy
08-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Did you guys get the Blackhole Stormtrooper Maquette that went up today?

I just happened to be checking my emails 8 min after GG notified PG members that it was up for sale. I definitely wasn't expecting this and feel sorry for those who may have missed out because they weren't by their PC. I would have posted about it here but I was already running late on a break from a class I'm taking so I didn't have time. Hopefully I wasn't the only one here who got one.

evenflow
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I go tmy Mace Windu and BH Stormtrooper maquettes in the mail this week. Very cool.

Jayspawn
08-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah GG made sure that I wasnt going to get the Mace Maquette.

I didnt get the Stormtrooper Maquette. Still on the fence. Had it been a CW Clonetrooper I probably would have jumped.

Mister Roboto
09-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't like the word "maquette" I prefer "bozzetto".