PDA

View Full Version : Former Michigan coach Schembechler dies

Kidhuman
11-17-2006, 12:22 PM
So now it will be win one for the gipper all weekend while trying to watch the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2665857

Rocketboy
11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Sad news indeed, but hopefully it gives Michigan the extra drive to whoop some Buckeye ***.

Slicker
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm hopin' for the same thing.

It was gonna be a touch game to begin with but now with this it may be a little tougher or easier.

Wow. That last one was quite John Maddenesque of me.

jjreason
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Bo Schembechler was the Michigan coach when I was a kid, and first started watching football - I associate him to the game the same way I do Mike Ditka: the word "coach" simply brings them to mind. I hope his family and friends are doing alright.

CaptainSolo1138
11-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I associate him to the game the same way I do Mike Ditka: the word "coach" simply brings them to mind.Word.

It was pretty weird for me. I heard on the rerun of "Cold Pizza" during my lunch hour today that he had collapsed and five minutes later as I got in the car to go back to work they announced his death. How ironic: He, with little debate, put the team on the map and the day before arguably the biggest game in the school's history he dies. Crazy stuff...

Rocketboy
11-17-2006, 09:49 PM
It was gonna be a touch game to begin with...They don't play touch football in college anymore. It's full contact these days.

2-1B
11-18-2006, 01:21 PM
What about homecoming activities when they play powder puff football for the girls? The best, of course, is two hand touch below the waist when it comes to the ladies.

JimJamBonds
11-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I know this is old but did anybody else ever hear of the band "Dead Schembechlers?" Apparently they are/were a band of OSU alums and they dress up as Woody Hayes and sing songs about Schembechler etc. Apparently they played their last show on the day before the game.

2-1B
11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
how poetic.