PDA

View Full Version : Burger King becomes a video game developer

Lord Malakite
11-18-2006, 04:03 AM
As odd as this sounds Burger King has entered the video game business with a collection of three games exclusively for Microsoft.

Pocketbike Racer: A racer game featuring a number of Burger King mascots (including the King, the Subservient Chicken, the Whopper Jr.) and former host of E!'s Wild On series, Brooke Burke. Five levels will be included, as will multiplayer races for four people on the same Xbox or Xbox 360, or eight people online over Xbox Live.

Big Bumpin': This game also features a lineup of BK mascots and pits them against one another in vehicular competition, but this game isn't a race so much as a bumper-car ride. The game features a number of theme-park settings and on-track hazards like saws and bottomless pits, as well as bump-pumping power-ups. Big Bumpin' will also have four-player action and online multiplayer support.

Sneak King: This takes the stealth action genre and puts it to a creepier use than usual. Players (as the King) hide and tiptoe silently to sneak up on unsuspecting people and surprise attack them with a Burger King food banquet. Gamers will have to sneak up on people in a logging yard, a construction site, downtown, and the suburbs, and they will be graded on their performance "based on how elaborate the delivery is executed."

The three games will be playable on either the Xbox or Xbox 360. They will be available from November 19 through December 24 at participating Burger King locations for $3.99 with the purchase of a value meal. All of the games are rated E for Everybody.

General_Grievous
11-18-2006, 07:18 PM
That Sneak King game creeps me out. If that guy came up behind me and surprised me, I'd probably go catatonic.

Kidhuman
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM
That Sneak King game creeps me out. If that guy came up behind me and surprised me, I'd probably go catatonic.

Either that or whoop is arse

figrin bran
11-18-2006, 10:20 PM
how about King football?
for $4 i might try out the 1st one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I saw an ad for these on my drink last night, but wasn't sure if they were real or not. :D I may have to get some of these, they sound pretty fun.

2-1B
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a great marketing plan - sit around playing video games while eating our junk food. lol

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 09:48 PM
marketing plan? those were our teenage years :p

figrin bran
11-27-2006, 02:21 AM
i bought the Big Bumpin' game and for $4 it's quite fun, especially the bumper car hockey mini game.

JimJamBonds
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
I thought it was a joke at first as well...... if I had XBox I'd probably buy those for giggles.

El Chuxter
11-27-2006, 11:54 AM
No XBox here either, but the commercials rizock.

2-1B
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
I thought it was a joke at first as well...... if I had XBox I'd probably buy those for giggles.

Who is this Giggles friend of yours ?

I never met him or her. :confused:

JediTricks
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I have to admit, if I had an Xbox I suspect I'd buy these things just because they look funny and out-there. Plus, it has Subserviant Chicken as a character... where else are you going to find a man-sized chicken in lingerie???

El Chuxter
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
where else are you going to find a man-sized chicken in lingerie???

Quote of the day.

Though I imagine darthvyn has one lying around his place somewhere.

JEDIpartner
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a great marketing plan - sit around playing video games while eating our junk food. lol

It's so they can make you fat even faster!

El Chuxter
11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I saw the "Sneak King" commercial last night. Man, I wish I had an X-Box just for that. It looks like the best game ever.

kool-aid killer
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Big Bucking Chicken rules. If i had a 360 that would be who i used to bump peoples heads in, or race around on a pocket bike. Sadly, these werent made for any other system.

Kidhuman
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I wish they were made for PS2 also KAK. I would have grabbed em up

El Chuxter
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
No kidding. They could've put 'em out for GameCube, too. :(

darthvyn
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
where else are you going to find a man-sized chicken in lingerie???

Quote of the day.

Though I imagine darthvyn has one lying around his place somewhere.

i'm confused by this reference... is it that i have a man-sized chicken in lingerie, or that i have a QOTD about a man-sized chicken in lingerie?

either way, yes. just wanted to clarify the original intent of the statement.

and i'm not positive, but i think you can play these discs on either x-box unleaded or 360... though don't quote me on that. i just seem to remember reading that on their little card-board standee when i went on my lunch-break last week.

El Chuxter
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Not one that I know of, but it certainly seems in the spirit of things. You sure there weren't any Romulan chickens?

figrin bran
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
yes the games run on xbox unleaded or 360. i got the "sneak king" game over the weekend but haven't played it yet.

Lord Malakite
12-04-2006, 08:05 PM
yes the games run on xbox unleaded or 360. i got the "sneak king" game over the weekend but haven't played it yet.

From what I've read about the games themselves and from an interview done with a BK representative you are actually getting two games for the price of one. Each disc has two versions of the game burned to it (an X-Box version and an X-Box 360 version). Depending on which console you put the disc in a different version of the game will boot up. Does that mean anything, yes, but not by much. It means they aren't just X-Box games that happen to have backwards compatibility with the X-Box 360. They are still the same games, but with different console utilization and setup (ports). It be like getting both the Wii version and GCN version of Twilight Princess on the same disc if that makes any sense.

kool-aid killer
12-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Sweet, so i can buy one and run it on my sisters X-box then. Nice. I might go pick one up today. Big Bucking Chicken here we go.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I got Sneak King last weekend and have only played it once (been more focused on Lego Star Wars II). It was pretty fun, but I didn't play a whole lot.