PDA

View Full Version : Why do the record companies still do this garbage?

El Chuxter
11-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Kiss Alive! Boxed Set (http://www.amazon.com/Alive-Box-Set-Kiss/dp/B000JJRIP2/sr=8-1/qid=1163955755/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9111367-7825565?ie=UTF8&s=music)

Okay, seriously, why pull a stunt like this in the age of downloading? Are you trying to encourage people to illegally download stuff?

This set includes Alive!, Alive! II (including the studio tracks), Alive! III, and the original Alive! IV that was supposed to be released in 2000 and never actually was released (though I can't help but note that "2000 Man" is now missing from the track list).

Give this some thought.

Q. Who wants an unreleased live album?
A. Hardcore fans.

Q. Will hardcore fans have the other three live albums?
A. Do bears make everything better?

Q. Are fans going to be happy to re-purchase three albums they already have to get this new one?
A. Can George W Bush pronounce "nuclear" properly?

Stupid. Just stupid. I foresee a lot of Kiss fans downloading some MP3s if they don't already have a version of this concert.

Rogue II
11-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Is it any worse than a Robert Plant's upcoming Nine Lives (Box Set) (http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Lives-Box-Robert-Plant/dp/samples/B000GH3QEE/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/002-1153656-7380830#disc_1)?

From what I can tell, this is just all his solo albums in one boxed set with a DVD that has a documentary and his videos.

2-1B
11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Chux, I completely agree that it's dumb but from what I've seen, Kiss fans are very much into "collecting" much like Star Wars fans so I still think there is a market.

You're right though, it's very goofy. And if they're going to put the fake Alive 4 in there, why not also add Alive 5 aka Symphony Alive 4 ? lol lol lol

I think I have a bootleg of the Original Alive 4 already...you know what, I have to say live Kiss albums are fun, especially for the Paul Stanley stage raps. Listen to Alive 3 and try not to giggle at intros like "Everytime we do this one, the place lights up just like a damn Christmas tree." And then there's the classic "here's a song you probably know from the beginning, it's a song where you go Oh Yeah, I know that one, goes like this - wooo oooo oooo oooo oooooooooooah."

mabudonicus
11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
LMAO Totally agreed with Chux, I wouldn't mind a copy of the phantom ALIVE 4 but I indeed alreadly have the other 3 so there is no way KISS is getting another penny from this stunt from me at least

And Caesar- one day hopefully we'll catch ya on the phone and I can do some of my Paul Stanley Star Wars KISS impression, we are obviously of the same mind concerning Mr.Stanley and his intros :beard:Isobaws

El Chuxter
11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
And Caesar- one day hopefully we'll catch ya on the phone and I can do some of my Paul Stanley Star Wars KISS impression, we are obviously of the same mind concerning Mr.Stanley and his intros :beard:Isobaws

"How many of you here... like Star Wars? And how many of you like 2-1B? Well, I was backstage, and guess who I ran into... in the 'Ladies Room'!!"

Man, mabs, every time I think of that, I laugh so hard I pee my pants again. Please excuse me.

lol

:beard:&whatever

plasticfetish
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Are you trying to encourage people to illegally download stuff?One of my favorite Gene Simmons stories is about the time he was at a swap meet, and he found this guy selling bootleg cassettes of various KISS® albums. He demanded that the guy give them to him, because they "belonged to him," and when the guy said no, Gene kicked over his table and stomped on the tapes. So don't be surprised if the God of Thunder® shows up at your house asking for your hard drive, because it "belongs to him."

mabudonicus
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM
As long as he's got the wires and flies up to the ceiling, that'd be worth it (funny anecdote BTW PF, excellent)

And Chux- no apologies necessary, cos after all, "I know, I KNOW you all love CHEW... BACCA!!!!! and I KNOW that everybody here would love to beat up Darth Vader!!!!!well, We're gonna get this place Hotter than Hell as the God of Thunder goes with Luke Skywalker on a Rocket Ride to the planet Domino!!!!!

Cold Gin!!!!!!!

:beard:Isobaws&

2-1B
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM

Then allow me another one from Alive 3. :D

"This soooooong is dedicated to youuuuuuu, because this song is for people who know what rock and roll is about. It doesn't matter where you're booooooooorn, it doesn't matter where you come from, it matters where YOUR HEAD IS AT. People, this one's called, Detroit Rock City!!!!!"

mabudonicus
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Ah, funny you would choose that line Caesar, I always laugh like crazy thinking about the opening "rap" to Detroit Rock City- I mean, it's morphed into a "song for people who really know how to rock and roll"... but it's about a dude who gets drunk and high, driving too fast and getting killed on the way to a KISS show- knowing their tee-totalling ways (well, 2 of the four members anyways) the insistence that dying while DUI on the way to a KISS show is "the way it's done" always strikes me as hilarious, good call Sir :D!!
:beard:Isobaws&