PDA

View Full Version : Life after X-Men 3 (a.k.a. moving on...)

plasticfetish
11-22-2006, 06:43 AM
So, the going rumor is that someone important wants to see Josh Holloway (Sawyer from "Lost") play Gambit in the next X-Men movie.

Story here. (http://www.moviehole.net/news/20061120_donner_likes_holloway_for_gamb.html)

I admit, I know just about nothing about Gambit (I quit reading the X-men books back when John Byrne quit drawing them ;) ), but this is an interesting bit of gossip.

El Chuxter
11-22-2006, 09:25 AM
They'd need to make X-Men 3 before they could make X-Men 4. We need a great movie to cap off the Phoenix Saga, and Singer said he wanted to use Apocalypse in the next movie, too.

Wait, you say they already made a third X-Men movie? Yeah, right! Next you'll say they made a third Jurassic Park and a second Short Circuit. :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
No, what X-Men 3? I thought it was just a stunt that they'd skipped that number.

:)

I'm trying not to think about the past. Yet, as compulsive as I am, it's nearly killing me that I have two X-men DVDs and will probably never have the third. (The one they didn't make.)

-----

I'd be willing to bet that they'll try to push this X-men 4 out pretty soon now if they're looking to use Josh Holloway. Cash in on his current fame. I'd assumed that they'd stop for a while, do Magneto (an idea that I love, but wish that they'd get a "real" director like Raimi to do) or Wolverine (an idea that I'm not as excited about because I'm sure they'll blow it.)

I've a feeling that they may want to try and get the X-Men money machine back on track ASAP. Not having done that third film must really hurt... though as much as it's ****ing me off seeing my old favorite characters (cough, cough, Fantastic Four, cough, cough) spoiled by these trashy films, I do wish that they'd skip a few of these ideas. (Not holding my breath that Ghost Rider is any good either.)

Phantom-like Menace
11-23-2006, 12:12 AM
I'd always been annoyed that they didn't put Gambit in X3, but at least that story tells me they were legitimate reasonings going on behind the scenes for why he was not included. Sure, Gambit is fairly polorizing with fans, but as much as some people love him, some people hate him. And, yes, one of my biggest complaints about X3 was that there were too many characters with too little to do, but one more character wouldn't have really made the problem any worse.

I just want X4 to be a return to a lack of suckage. And if Apocalypse shows, Angel had better borrow a cup of shirt and become Archangel.

2-1B
11-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I liked X-Men 3, I just wish they would have actually made the other half of the movie...maybe if they make X-Men 4 they should call it X-Men 3 part 2.

DarkArtist
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought X3 was a decent movie needed more but not bad. I thought that X3 was the end, didn't hear anything about X4. I thought the next X title was going to be about Wolverine ?

Jayspawn
11-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Josh Holloway reportedly turned down the role of Gambit because it too closely resembled his character on LOST. Which I can respect