PDA

View Full Version : E2 Carded Images (Front and Back)

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:35 PM
It appears that either Nobletoy pulled the images, or crashed due to all the people trying to check out the images. So, I'm uploading them here, please don't post any replies til I have them all up. Thanks.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Anakin Skywalker Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Anakin Skywalker Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:37 PM
C-3PO Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:38 PM
C-3PO Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Super Battle Droid Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Super Batle Droid Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Jango Fett Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Jango Fett Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:44 PM
Kit Fisto Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Kit Fisto Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:47 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:49 PM
Padme Amidala Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Padme Amidala Card Back:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:51 PM
R2-D2 Card Front:

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:52 PM
R2-D2 Card Back:

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Ya know I was gonna do that except I didn't want to make a new thread and couldn't figure out a good size to make an image with all the card backs on it and an image with all the fronts on it. Sneaky way to get a post count. :D Did you get'em all? I saved all the back and front pictures

Beast
02-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Hehehehe, Thanks LT Basker. :)

You know me so well. Oh, and what the hell, may as well toss up the carded E2 Collection 2 image as well, while I'm at it. So here it is, straight from Nobletoys auction. Carded front image of Tusken Raider Female w/ Child, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Boba Fett, Captain Typho, and Battle Droid. Enjoy!! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Ya know the only real bad part about the lightsabers is those lame energy blasts like on Eeth Koth's saber, where the heck did that come from? And to think they said the Eeth figure had no tie-in with E2 figures. :D

JonoFett
02-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the sharp image, JarJar. What a treat!

Another inconsistency on Hasbro's part, I fear, in the shape of a blue saber wielded by Plo Koon. Why release the POTJ version with a yellow saber? :(

Beast
02-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by JonoFett
Thanks for the sharp image, JarJar. What a treat!

Another inconsistency on Hasbro's part, I fear, in the shape of a blue saber wielded by Plo Koon. Why release the POTJ version with a yellow saber? :(

Because the lightsabers in E1 were never shown lit, the figures were based off of EU information as to the color. In the comics you will see that there is a wide variation in lightsaber colors. Everything from yellow, to white, to I believe even multi-colored sabers have appeared in the comics.

George Lucas has decided for the movies, to only use 3 primary lightsaber colors, and slight variations of those colors. They are of course: Blue, Green, Red. So, in the film universe those are the only colors you will see, other then Mace Windu's purple lightsaber, which can be considered a varient of blue. If ya need a good explination for the color change, just say it's been 10 years since E1, maybe they built a new saber since then. :)

Someone also mentioned in another thread, that when he did a student film with lightsabers, he tried various colors, like yellows, whites, and etc. and they just didn't look right, not enough glow. Lucas may have discoved the same thing, and decred that film wise, those are the only saber colors.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JonoFett
02-01-2002, 02:03 PM
I noticed that below Plo's name, there is written "Arena Battle". If the numerous spy reports are to be believed, Plo Koon does not participate in active combat on Geonosis, but instead assists in a mission with fellow council member Ki-Adi-Mundi in storming a Trade Federation battleship. It is during this mission, supposedly, that he is seriously injured by blaster fire from a droideka onslaught.

What's going on? Is there such a Jedi-led mission?

This is clear confirmation, it would seem, that Plo Koon does not join such a mission, and that perhaps his injuries were inflicted in the battle arena.

:( :)

JonoFett
02-01-2002, 02:09 PM
If the colour of Plo's saber is steeped in EU lore, then why not release him as an EU figure instead of POTJ. After all, they did the same for Leia in Boushh disguise, releasing her only on an EU card and not on conventional POTF2 green cards even though the character (or rather the disguise) appeared in ROTJ.:)

Beast
02-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JonoFett
If the colour of Plo's saber is steeped in EU lore, then why not release him as an EU figure instead of POTJ. After all, they did the same for Leia in Boushh disguise, releasing her only on an EU card and not on conventional POTF2 green cards even though the character (or rather the disguise) appeared in ROTJ.:)

Because the charecter isn't EU, and remember. The Princess Leia you're talking about was the only "Shadows of the Empire" figure actually based on a movie charecter. She was first released in the EU "Shadows of the Empire" line, due to the fact that outfit plays a big part in the book. She was later repackaged onto a green card in the basic POTF2 line.

Hasbro just used the most accurate information possible at the time to give us a Plo Koon figure with a lightsaber. I agree, I love the variation in saber colors that the E1 and POTJ Jedi figures showcased, but George Lucas has final say on colors. And GL says, Green, Blue, Red, and Purple are the only lightsaber colors that will appear in the films.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JonoFett
02-01-2002, 02:24 PM
I've read the interview transcripts as well, and I'm not questioning the choice of colours that will be used for the FX shots. Quite frankly I couldn't care less what colours are chosen for a given character. I would only hope that if they release merchandise they avoid overlap with clearly distinct and remote concepts.

I have no interest whatever in SOTE or EU or anything for that matter which falls outside the confines of Eps1-6. I personally don't welcome inconsistencies and parallels with other SW-related genres, it only leads to confusion in those who have not read backstory/comic book adventures. :)

Jargo
02-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Call me dumb and shove popsicle sticks in my eyes if you like but i thought Ki-Adi Mundi lead the foray into the federation droid control ship? He's in the movie but I've heard nothing about his role so surely he has to do something and this would be perfect to get rid of the stupid conehead once and for all in a glorious sacrifice as the control ship plunges through the atmosphere with Ki-Adi and a few jedi no names on board still. great way to shorten the number a bit ready for the purge in EP3 :D "Your thoughts dwell on your Mother?" "No, they dwell on wondering who squeezed your stoopid lookin' head in a vice!"

Plo's figure looks goofy. swing your skirts! just give him a hoola hoop and he'll be right. Think the head sculpt is the same as the POTJ one? That at least was sweet. Hope they didn't screw that up on this one.
3PO is just an awful awful awful awful awful awful looking figure. And this is from the stuff that's supposedly aimed at collectors? I'm getting confused as to which is which and what collection. It sucks big time although the crate accessory looks great. maybe I'll waste 10 just to get a star wars crate.......! :rolleyes:

See what i mean? i'm geetting the pictures muddled in my head. I'm getting too old for all of this "OOh, storms coming ani... better get a rain cover for that lightsaber graft you just had done on your arm. just remember when you use the bathroom to use the other hand......." "My eyes are old and grizzled, my ears are bent and gnarled....."

I'm losin' here. These figures aren't worth the paper they're printed on. What does hasbro do with returned figures? melt them down, grind them up, burn them or just dump them at sea? Are these figures envirnmentally friendly? How much packaging for one figure gets thrown in the trash? How many trees were felled to make those big cardbacks? How much oil was used to make the plastics? Hasbro are ruining the planet MY GOD! we're supporting these planet raping demons.......... :eek: :crazed:

Unit-01
02-01-2002, 02:48 PM
I'm going to wait till I see these upclose and personal to decide that's for sure. Hope that damn grapling hook doesn't messup the figure. Those display stands/dioramas "custom" card backs, whatever the heck they are, are easier to see in the collection 2 pic.

JonoFett
02-01-2002, 02:49 PM
The matter of whether a Jedi-led assault actually involving Mundi and Koon is something I touched upon in post #22.:)

Jayspawn
02-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks JarJarBinks! Jango does look pretty sweet! R2 and Kit look pretty cool too. Anakin doesn't look too bad. Padme with quick draw action? That sucks! And she has that STUPID V-crotch joints!

Unit-01
02-01-2002, 07:07 PM
JarJar, that's a pretty funny sig.

Beast
02-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
JarJar, that's a pretty funny sig.

Hehehehe. Thanks, though I'm considering changing it now, thanks to finally seeing detailed close up pictures of the E2 figures. I like em, alot. I know alot of people love to complain about them, but oh well. You know alot of people arn't happy unless they are complaining. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

THE Slayer
02-01-2002, 08:02 PM
I don't know if this has been asked, or answered, but is there somethinig blue below Plo's left hand? Or is that just color on the card back?

Lord Tenebrous
02-01-2002, 08:05 PM
The blue is the Force effect we saw in this prototype image:

Plo Koon (http://members.lycos.co.uk/vaernexx/figures/plo.jpg)

Beast
02-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
I don't know if this has been asked, or answered, but is there somethinig blue below Plo's left hand? Or is that just color on the card back?

Yep, as Lord Tenebrous said its the snap on force effect. It's pretty difficult to see in the smaller photo, but much more evident in the following picture.

MTFFWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-02-2002, 02:08 AM
Looks like a '60s lampshade to me.

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 04:50 AM
Well JT, Star Wars does get influences by several things.... :D

Sebulba524
02-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Figs look great, can't wait till they're released. I've seen them on eBay out of Hong Kong, but sadly I don't have the money. But I love the pics. And Plo Koon with a blue saber, just great. Kit Fisto looks cool.

THE Slayer
02-02-2002, 08:49 PM
I'm guessing that the force attachment is ice? In plo's FF bio it said he was well versed at transforming air to ice and stuff like that. And in my opinion, it just looks more like ice than 'energy'.

Jargo
02-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Plo koon - supafly, fast as a ninja, turns air to ice.......?!!!!

What a great skill to give a jedi. Would have been nice if he'd had the ability to shake up molecules and disintegrate stuff if he's so in touch with nature and the force. Rattle the battle droids apart or just turn them to trace elements like the Penguin dd in that 60's Batman episode. But no he gets the frosty touch. It's just a bit done to death all this isn't it? Even Smallville's done the frosty touch thing.

So what's Saesee Tiin gonna come with then? Maybe the supafly jedi skill of macrame or basket weaving. Crochet the Super battle droids into oblivion. Arrange dried flowers into the Destroyer droids generator housing and fuse it with pot pourri.

I know there's a lot of Jedi fans out there who will instantly get the hump to have the Jedi skills mocked, but they are silly at the end of the day. If having parasitical cells wandering around in your system telling you what to do means you're a Jedi, then Uri Gellar must be the only living Jedi on Earth with his amazing spoon bending antics. :D

Beast
02-04-2002, 02:52 AM
Ok, we've all had plenty of time to look these images over, so whats everyone think is the best of the Collection 1 figures? I think I would have to say that from best to worst it would have to be:

1. Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
2. C-3PO (Protocal Droid)
3. Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
4. Super Battle Droid
5. R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
6. Padme Amidala (Arena Escape)
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
8 Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasent Disguise)

What's everyone else think? I would love to hear in what order you place them. But this is what I think of them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sebulba524
02-04-2002, 02:26 PM
My List is

1) Jango Fett
2) Kit Fisto
3) Super Battle Droid
4) R2-D2
5) Obi-Wan
6) Anakin
7) Padme
8) C-3PO

Jango Fett is just great, as are Kit and the Battle Droid. R2 with sounds, cool. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme are meh. They(Obi-Wan and Anakin) could've been sooo much better for the initial release. I liked Obi and Qui-Gon in the first Ep. 1 release because they were from the duel. The peasant disguise just isn't intial stuff. I like 3PO, but I have no practical play use for him. I like the whole covering thing, but I'm not really into 3PO figs in general.

Darth Ovori
02-04-2002, 02:43 PM
1) none
2) none
3) none
4) Jango Fett
5) Super Battle Droid
6) Kit Fisto, R2-D2
7) Obi-Wan
8) Anakin, Padme, C-3PO

Nuff said...

jedibear
02-05-2002, 02:25 AM
....they're melting my cynicism about these figures away. With the great looking cards and the high level of detail, I think these figures look great. The only quibble I have left is over these silly looking "force" accessories, but they're easy enough to ignore.

You asked for a list of favs from this line-up...

1) Jango Fett Great pose, removable helmet, cool accessories...gives him a great debut.

2) Kit Fisto I really like the jedi characters...dynamic pose and all...

3) Super Battle Droid Everyone's blanching how silly this design is, but I bet this'll be the first figure in this wave to disappear...with both kids & collectors...

4) Obi-Wan Kenobi Looks like a good rendition of him to me...better than the deluxe one we've seen pics of. Cool accessory too...

5) R2D2 Each new version of this droid gets better...I just hope that the third leg retracts. I like the centipedes...

6) C-3PO Agreat idea with the detachable coverings and all but my initial response is "ugh". Maybe it'll look better in "person"

7) Anakin Skywalker Oh well. I guess the lead characters in this line are destined to be boring. C'mon..is there really an exciting Luke figure? Looks like it may be this way with Ani too.

8) Padme Amidala Sorry, but this "Britney/Wilma Deering/TombRaider" getup doesn't work for me at all. Bring on the gowns!

Beast
02-08-2002, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jedibear
[B]....they're melting my cynicism about these figures away. With the great looking cards and the high level of detail, I think these figures look great. The only quibble I have left is over these silly looking "force" accessories, but they're easy enough to ignore.

Glad you like them, and happy to help people that wanna see these pics. Hopefully with toyfair just around the corner...we'll see a ton more. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks