PDA

View Full Version : How should I go about selling loose SW figures?

Desidarius
11-23-2006, 02:58 AM
sorry this is probably the wrong forum but I need a clear answer and the other forums are abandoned. I collected mostly POTF figures in the 90's most of them loose. I've been searching the internet for hours trying to get a clear picture of whether or not selling them would be worthwhile. Most places just have price guides for vintage stuff. How should I go about selling loose figures from the 90's? I think I'll sell them as all one bundle, there are several dozen I just don't want to get ripped off. Are there any online price guides for these era figures b/c I can't find any for my life.

Kidhuman
11-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Best thing to do is sell them in lots. Go by ebay prices. They can be had for cheap now a days.

JediTricks
11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
If your goal is to make money, selling in a big lot is a mistake a lot of folks make, they see lots selling for a hundred bucks and see that as a lot of money, but it's always a loss because even lots with a few hot figures will always sell for like $2 or $3 a figure when you average it out. The best way to get money is to inventory what you have, make sure you have all the accessories, then search Ebay for completed auctions for that figure to gauge how much to start your auction. Then check current auctions for competition - too much drives the price down, so if there's more than usual, wait a week and try again. Auctions should have the full character and brand name, brief explanation of condition and your shipping requirements, and 1 or 2 pictures at the most - too much info can drive away sellers. Don't worry about selling loose figures, some figures can sell for more loose than opened. Also, don't be afraid to sell a non-sought-after figure for next to nothing, if you don't want it you'll be better off with it not taking up your space - there's no shame in selling a common figure for a buck plus shipping. Don't try to make back your perceived losses by gouging the handling charges, potential buyers can spot that a mile off these days; on the other hand, don't be afraid to have the buyer pay the paypal fee IF you think you can get away with it.

All that said, if you absolutely cannot stand to sell individuals, break up your collection into theme lots, themes can often sell better than just "here's a bunch of random guys" - theme by faction, by movie, by scene, by species, even by actor, just make sure the theme is something you think would really appeal and not random.