PDA

View Full Version : The next wave...

JEDIpartner
02-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey there!! Love the new set of figures!! I can't wait to get the Tusken Female with the baby launching backpack! That is gonna be so cool!!! I'm sure Shaak Ti and Plo Koon have the same swingy lightsaber feature that Kit Fisto has! I'm not really sure but I think Captain Typho has a pair of wings that pop out of his back... that'll be a cool feature too since he uses them in the movie a couple times!! That Boba Fett is cool too... he's got a little lever in his back that will allow him to "grow" into a surly adult Boba Fett! That battle droid is extra special, too!!!:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
02-01-2002, 01:50 PM
But seriously... what "features" do you think most of these buggers are gonna have... other than the aforementioned lightsaber thing... which is, most likely, true.

I can't even begin to think what they will do for the female Tusken Raider. "Gaffi swinging" feature? "Quick-draw" Captain Typho??? Based on the fact that there isn't a lot of plastic on the battle droid, I think it will be very limited in what they can do with it.

These aren't completely terrible... well- the Jedi ones are. Nothing new or remarkable with the battle droid. I'll pass on that one, mates.

...actually... I don't think THESE even have action features... which is good.

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Hey sweet! Hasbro did something right. At least we're getting a decent battle droid out of all of that, and it doesn't have that lame lever thing the POTJ Security Droid had. :)

Shaak Ti - CLOOWWWNNNN, so the Eeth Koth plague spreads...

Plo Koon - Looks like they took the POTJ Plo Koon head and arms and put it on E2 Anakin torso? Kinda out of proportion ain't he?

Typho - Ok...

Boba - Trash bag kid with dead man's helmet, blasters, and a rocket pack, 'nuff said.

Tusken Raider with Child - A paper weight with different gaffi stick positions of the month for 3 months?

Battle Droid - Well suhweet! I'm definitely gonna get an army of these!

My reviews, although I didn't get any sleep last night so my opinions might be different later. :D But that Battle is sweet, definitely gotta be the best battle droid figure yet. :cool:

Beast
02-01-2002, 02:13 PM
I think they all look pretty sweet, April can't come fast enough for me. :) I'll be getting one of each to open, and thats it. I might pick up a second of any army builders (Battle Droid/Super Battle Droid) later on, but just one each is fine for me. :) Yeah, I don't think collection 2 has any play features at all, just basic figures.

Did you notice that on the E2 figures, behind the charecters is an image of the area that they are in in the films? Tusken Raider: Tatooine, Captain Typho: Coruscant, Boba Fett: Kamino/Slave 1, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, and the Battle Droid: Geonosis.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:17 PM
The background for the Tusken Raider looks more like Hoth. :D

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
[B]Boba - Trash bag kid with dead man's helmet, blasters, and a rocket pack, 'nuff said.[/B
Hey there mister!! Have a little respect for the dead, will ya!!:crazed:

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:29 PM
Well I'm not the one running around with them while I've got a trashbag as a poncho. :D

Eh, the female tusken raider figure ain't bad, it's just on how limited it is, it can really use only 2 points of articulation which are it's arms and it can hardly use those due to the head piece and the baby raider, well... I just fear Disney might try to make a series out of that. :p

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure if you know of this yet or if you have already noticed but it appears the lightsaber blades are removeable... Shaak Ti's at least. Check out the picture.

Jargo
02-01-2002, 02:39 PM
What the freakin' furkin are you supposed to do with a cheap tatty piece of card with a washed out picture that could be anywhere? What a piece of utter utter uselessness.

Tusken female and child: just a background filler so worth buying to bump up the tusken count. Interesting visually if nothing else. Possibly the face mask is removable? maybe not.

Plo Koon arena battle: looks like he's auditioning for a Tom Jones music video "It's not unusual......" Horid looking and stupidly posed

Shaak Ti jedi master:I'm so disappointed in Shaak Ti. She could have been so good with that distinctive look but they gave her the clown face and the stupid side saddle pose and she's grinning stupidly. Like Kermit Fisto I say - why is a Jedi warrior grinning in battle?

Boba Fett Kamino escape: looks okay apart from the fact he probably has a huge lump in his back to take the backpack so he's uselesss without the backpack attached. Silly sideways posing again. Why do we need the helmet if we get one with Jango in the basic assortment? Is this supposed to justify the high price point for a tiny figure who hardly fills a corner of the bubble? Rip off time again.

Captain Typho Padme's head of security: I actually like this figure surprise surprise. Don't know why but I suspect it will add to my Theed hangar display with or without the helmet.

Battle droid arena battle: Another battle droid..... actually looks to be posed okay but will probably still fall over due to substandard production materials. OOM-9 syndrome MKII. comes with left over boomer damage battle droid electro shock blue stuff up his arm. great. just what we need is more electro shock blue stuff for the dog to choke on.......

Darth Evil
02-01-2002, 02:45 PM
You're all being very cynical, they don't look great but I'm waiting until I actually see them on the pegs before I pass judgement.

Tycho
02-01-2002, 03:11 PM
They do look really, really cool! I was impressed to say the least.

No these figures don't have special features like the Anakin and Obi-Wan with the Droid. These figures are for collectors and more in line with POTJ style that we all have grown to love.

There are plans for an Obi-Wan pilot figure, the regular Anakin Jedi Knight figure, and Jango Fett with removeable helmet and armor, plus more, to be in this collection. So you don't have to buy the collection 1 figures if you don't want to.

These new figures we were just shown ROCK! And they look great on the blue cards!!!

Beast
02-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
They do look really, really cool! I was impressed to say the least. These new figures we were just shown ROCK! And they look great on the blue cards!!!

I agree Tycho, infact I think Darth Vader said it best. :D

"Impressive, Most Impressive"

I think alot of fans are being a tad to cynical about the new figures. This is a movie year, and Hasbro wanted to try somthing a little different with the line. I for one love everyone one of the figures I have seen sofar. The only one that I am even remotly disapointed in is C-3PO.

The "Naked" skeletal C-3PO should be black or metalic grey with painted wires. He seems to be a greyish tan. Though perhaps 10 years of bad weather on his inner structure has discolored his body. I guess we'll see soon. I cannot wait til April to buy the figures, and May for the new movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
02-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Yeah Shaak's saber blade is removable like Sith Lord Maul's saber, thats a nice and nifty addition I hope all of the Jedi sabers have. I hate to admit it but after seeing these babies carded Im beginning to feel a bit of a tickle in my palm and wallet, though Im not gonna go on a shopping rampage like in 99'.

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 04:44 PM
These figures looks generally nice. Tusken Raider is still my favorite so far. Plo Koon looks nice except that the POTJ figure is better. Shaak-Ti looks alright. Boba Fett, Captain Typho, and Battle Droid aren't that special. If it weren't for the stupid "gimmicks" I might be more enthused about getting these.

Unit-01
02-01-2002, 04:47 PM
Pic of closeup of Plo Koon in this thread. http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=000261 (here)

snakeplkn
02-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Some more hits and misses ---

the good ...

Tusken Raider, she may be no more than a paper weight, but I'm still excited about getting this figure. A couple of her along with the current Tuskens and Bantha, make for a Tusken tribe!

I may have been dogging Captain Typho for some time now, but he actually turned out much, much better than expected.

the bad ...

Shaak-Ti, never really agreed with the design of the alien, a clown with rabbit ears, and the figure fares no better

Battle Droid, looks like just another Battle Droid to me.

Boba Fett, the only thing to remark ... Greedo shoots first, but now Lucas gives a kid guns to embark on a life of bounty hunting?

the ugly ...

The Plo Koon is awful, he looks like he needs a sandwich.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Paul-Kenobi
02-01-2002, 06:59 PM
how can people not like the first Colection Wave and yet like the the next colection wave.

I think its allright lookin, but uhh whats with boba fett ? i mean hes holdin the gun like, uhh ohh boy, uhhh dont make me shoot uhh, master jedi.....sir. And hes got Jangos Mask ? why dose his figure come with it ?

Plo Koon is cool lookin but where his cool hand Lighting/Water feture that fits on his hand ?

Shaak Ti Is really good lookin with the lightsaber and the lightsaber blast away feture

Caption Typho is a good gard figure with alot of blasters and such with the attachabull blaster bolts :-D

The Battle Droid is the best of all of them really cool and little diferent looking then Episode I a lighter color and the blaster is alittle longer then EPI

I also love Obi-Wan, Anakin,Padame, Kit, and others

if you look at it there all the same theres no resson to hate all of them.

Lord Tenebrous
02-01-2002, 07:58 PM
My comments:

Tusken: I love the coloring, I love the detail, I'm getting this figure.

Plo: An action pose of the POTJ version, which was that thin under the robes (I cut them off). The Force feature is right below the hand w/o the 'saber. I know we got him already, but I have no problem using both the POTJ and the AOTC versions, using one as Plo and one as a Kel Dor Jedi.

Shaak-Ti: I don't know why people call her a Twi'lek, she has the same horn structure as Mas Amedda, a Chagrian. I like her.

Boba Fett: THE gimick character from AOTC. Too many useless accessory, and just not appealing.

Typho: His face was the worst part of the first preview we saw, but if that's okay, I'll get him, because the rest of the detailing is very nice.

Battle Droid: I already have plenty, I might pick a few more up when the price drops some. I hope it has the OOM-9 style of face, because the original BD didn't really look like the real deal.

Buyer Potential: 67%

If you don't want to forum-hop, here's that Plo:

GNT
02-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Plo Koon is cool lookin but where his cool hand Lighting/Water feture that fits on his hand ?

Its right next to him,It sort of blends into the card since its blue but its there!

Any other large images?