PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Hauls

Kidhuman
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Well, I for one went shopping this morning. Mainly for the kids, but ended up getting a few things for myself as well.

Meet the Parents - 3.44
Meet the Fockers - 3.44
Terminator 3 - 3.44
Maximum Overdrive 3.44

All from WM above,

From Target:

24 Season 4 - 16.00
Simpsons Season 7 - 16.00
Gilmore Girls Season 1(for Mrs KH) - 14.99

Didnt get an SW stuff for myself, but fot the kid I got him a WWE wrestling Real sounds Ring w/ Cena and HHH figures and a Darth vader Voice Changer for 10 bucks.

2-1B
11-24-2006, 09:31 AM
There's no way I will go out shopping on Black Friday, it's too crazy. I might get a few groceries, though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-24-2006, 10:38 AM
As of right now, just "Superman Returns" for ps2- 19.99. I went back home and back to bed after that one though. I do have to go to the mall to return a figure, so suspect i'll hit the stores in that area to see what they have. I'm not looking for anything much though.

Ji'dai
11-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I bought a Cody and orange Clone at K-Mart's BOGO free sale on basic SW figures.

The local K-Mart also had B2G1 free on "LEGO construction toys" and was told my Rescue Helicopter (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7903) and 2 A-Wings (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6207) didn't count as LEGO construction toys. After pointing out that all LEGO sets are construction toys, they sold me the three sets I picked out for the sale price. Then they ripped down the signs advertising the LEGO sale :D

mabudonicus
11-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Then they ripped down the signs advertising the LEGO sale
Awesome- you made THEM reap a harvest of shame- never argue with a SW fan :beard:Isobaws&

Kidhuman
11-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Awesome- you made THEM reap a harvest of shame- never argue with a SW fan :beard:Isobaws&

You think Kmart would have learned that lesson by now.

CaptainSolo1138
11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
My toilet hauled in a major turkey dump today.

Ji'dai
11-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Awesome- you made THEM reap a harvest of shame- never argue with a SW fan :beard:Isobaws& No doubt! They were trying to tell me that only basic brick tubs and this Creator (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4894) set fell into the "LEGO construction toy" definition on their sale sign. According to them, my SW sets were just "regular LEGO" and not "construction toy LEGO" :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
11-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I ordered me a camcorder on amazon.com. After doing the research, it was much cheaper there than anyone's BF special. Well, except for the insane 60-something% off at Best Buy, but with ten per store, and fifty people camped out Thursday morning, well, you do the math.

Got some mini-DV cassettes for it at Circuit City, which are free (excluding about $0.80 in tax) after rebates.

Picked up The 40 Year Old Virgin, which will make a nice gag gift for my wife until I reveal it's not the only thing she's getting for Christmas. :p (She loved the movie, too, but a $6 movie is hardly a worthy gift.)

A free cookbook at Costco, just for walking in. Various recipes you can do with stuff they sell there. Haven't looked at it yet, but last year's was quite good. :mabs:

Went to a half-dozen TRU's looking for "Baby Gymtastic Play Tunnel." One of them had the Classics Prime vs Megatron. I had it in hand, but when we couldn't find anything else, I decided it wasn't worth braving the line. Had it been just me, or me and Mrs Chuxter, I would've. But Chux Jr and my sometimes grumpy ma-in-law were there. Unfortunately, the other TRU's had none. :( One did have the new ML Face-Off Punisher vs Jigsaw (Christ, more ML already!), but I think Jigsaw looks freaking moronic in his Punisher suit, and only want the variant, so I passed. (The suited version will be tougher to find, but I really think the regular and variants should've been switched in this case.)

2-1B
11-24-2006, 11:29 PM
My toilet hauled in a major turkey dump today.

Is your toilet named Antonio Gates ? And where you wearing a Brett Favre jersey when you made that pass ? If so, I'd like to hear John Madden riff on that, it would make for some good audio and telestrating.

UKWildcat
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
From Target:
24 Season 4 - 16.00

I picked up 24 Seasons 2,3 and 4 for the same price of $16.00 each @ Target. I already had the first one. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 02:13 AM
from the mail, Acme Shaak Ti character key

from brick and mortar stores:
Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen
2 Clone trooper Clone Wars bust-ups

CaptainSolo1138
11-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Is your toilet named Antonio Gates ? And where you wearing a Brett Favre jersey when you made that pass ? If so, I'd like to hear John Madden riff on that, it would make for some good audio and telestrating."It's a good thing he was wearing gloves for that one. You see, gloves go on your hands to prevent other things from getting on your hands."

Rogue II
11-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I got:

Left home with the kids while my wife went to Target.

Dar' Argol
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
My daughter and I went out to WM . . . .

V-Smile and AC adapter for my nephew

Terminator 3, My Big Fat Greek Wedding (for my wife), Rush Hour 1 & 2 (hey, I liked them)

1GB Thumb drive
1GB SD card (for the new camera that we have not gotten yet)

Other then that I was not really impressed with anything that anyone had for Black friday. Even the 8 secret items that WM had was nothing to right home about . . . . Anywho, a bit disappointing this year.

vulcantouch-mom
11-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey guy, I've been trying to reach ya - I need your address to mail your box, I thought I had it, but my MSN butterfly did a disappearing act on my ADDRESS BOOK and my SENT ITEMS (on my PC no less :upset: ) earlier this month and I'm dancing in the dark.

HELP!:yes:

VT-mom:) :) :)

UKWildcat
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Went back to Target today and picked up a few more items:

400 Thread Count Fitted Sheet - $9.99
400 Thread Count Sheet - $9.99
Two new pillow cases - $9.99

The Notebook Dvd - $3.98
When A Stranger Calls Dvd - $3.98

Star Wars Battlefront II for PSP - $14.87

JimJamBonds
11-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't think there is any need to be playing the race card here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I got Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 for $3.98 each at Target yesterday, which I thought was a pretty sweet deal.

JediTricks
11-26-2006, 01:58 AM
SW:TF Millennium Falcon - $15 Target
3x 512mb SD cards - $8 each Target
485VA Battery Backup - $20 Staples
office chair - $60 Staples
Phillips progressive scan DVD player - $30 Best Buy
160gb My Book external Hard Drive - $80 Best Buy

The only thing I didn't get that I set out for was the 250gb My Book at Best Buy, they apparently sold out lightning fast, but I got most of what I was looking for and saved $196 plus tax! Yay!

mabudonicus
11-26-2006, 12:33 PM
SW:TF Millennium Falcon - $15 Target
YOU BOUGHT THAT POS!!!.....

You're braver than I thought :beard:Isobaws&

El Chuxter
11-26-2006, 01:04 PM
JT, you are hereby an Honorary Stupid Parent Looking For a Deal.

Thanks for doing your part to ensure Hasbro clogs shelves with this poop instead of Yarna figures for the next ten years. :mad:

:p

2-1B
11-26-2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks for doing your part to ensure Hasbro clogs shelves with this poop instead of Yarna figures for the next ten years. :mad:

:p

Aren't you gonna bid JT an angry good day ? lol

The Notebook Dvd - $3.98

Good call, Yuke. :)

McAdams. Gosling. Word.

El Chuxter
11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Aren't you gonna bid JT an angry good day ? lol

That would be a waste of a good "angry good day."

JediTricks
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
YOU BOUGHT THAT POS!!!.....

You're braver than I thought :beard:Isobaws&

:pI like SWTFs, ya jerkweeds. And I don't see how buying it at a price so cheap Target is probably taking a loss will convince Hasbro to do anything, so you can all just eat meat.

mabudonicus
11-28-2006, 01:01 PM
As a vegetarian, I take offense to that statement :D

But at least I don't own that POS :D

Seriously, tho, seing them sell at fire-sale prices isn't gonna inspire too many stores to gamble on such things again, so it's still all good :beard:Isobaws&

pbarnard
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I ordered me a camcorder on amazon.com. After doing the research, it was much cheaper there than anyone's BF special. Well, except for the insane 60-something% off at Best Buy, but with ten per store, and fifty people camped out Thursday morning, well, you do the math.

50???? There were 50 people at checkout, 150 deep at the computer and plasma TVs by the time I got in there. I did get a portable hard drive for schooling reasons/back up. The future mrs. got herself the same hard drive after hers crashed (containing 3+ years of her Chinese shows, english downloads etc) and the 8 inch portable DVD player they were advertising on sale with no problems.

El Chuxter
11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
There were fifty people camped out on Thursday morning. Needless to say, I didn't even bother on Friday.