PDA

View Full Version : The Movie Studio War Game!

Tycho
11-24-2006, 05:13 PM
OK, here's a fun idea I had to waste time (well, I'm dumb enough to think it might be fun):

Pick a movie studio to play on the home team for (Fox, Warner Bros, Universal, Paramount, possibly another if you think you can successfully pose a challenge with it).

Next, name a movie title or movie franchise that you think kicks some serious butt, and we'll see how long this can go on for and which studio will win!

I thought of the idea, so I'm going to pick to be on the FOX TEAM and lead off with the natural for this site:

STAR WARS (TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ). This is a franchise, so you can name all the films in the saga, however single-entries are single entries (though they might be really good ones).

You can also play on The Fox Team or pick a different studio if you think you can win with it.

So now, let it rock!

General_Grievous
11-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Great idea, Tycho.

I pick the New Line Cinema team and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King)

Tycho
11-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I'll come back at you with another FOX Team entry: The Aliens movies! :pleased:

I'll add Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton, Michael Bien, Wynona Ryder, Tom Skerrit, and Lance Henriksen to my signed actors.

And they join: Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGreggor, Samuel L. Jackson, Natalie Portman, Christopher Lee, Pernilla August, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Hayden Christensen, and the voice talents of James Earl Jones.

My music composers thus far are John Williams, James Horner, and Jerry Goldsmith!

FOX is rocking now! (but darn tough competition from New Line Cinema - good call there Grievous)

El Chuxter
11-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Warner Bros with the Batman movies (minus Batman and Robin, and with Mask of the Phantasm filling its slot)

Tycho
11-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Hehe. Warner Bros. is going to very, very hard to beat!

I'm going to Fire Fox 3 with Independence Day: ID4!

2-1B
11-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Lionsgate.

Tycho
11-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Lionsgate.

Then name a Lionsgate movie with the studio team you're fielding.

I'll play for Fox again and play The X-men movie franchise. "Take that Batman!" ;)

My new draft picks are (from ID4) Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Will Smith, (and from X-men) Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Rebecca Romaine-Stamos, Ray Park.