PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Mindcrime - the movie

Tycho
11-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I just listened to a podcast interview with Queensryche's Geoff Tate.

The script is done and they're negotiating a deal with movie studios now.

Rolling Stone reported that Axl Rose has been rumored to want to play the part of the protagonist, Nikki (though wouldn't you think they need someone younger?) Geoff Tate neither confirms nor denies this. (Rose would hardly be my first choice. I think it should be someone in their early 20's cast for this role.)

But this is a real motion picture, not a heavy metal musical (as the live theater shows play - I'm going again to the show on Dec. 2nd in Anaheim and can hardly wait!).:thumbsup:

This is a great idea that I hope (and think) we'll see come to fruition. Hopefully it will be a major motion picture release.

"Seven years of power, the corporations claw. The rich control the government, the media, the law!"

"The system we learn says we're equal under law. But the streets are reality: the weak and poor will fall. Let's tip the power balance and tear down their crowns. Educate the masses, then burn the White House Down!"

"Religion and sex are power plays: manipulate the people for the money it pays. For selling skin, for selling God - the numbers look the same on a credit card."

"The politicians say no to drugs while we pay for wars in Saudi Arabia."

"She is the lady who can ease my sorrow...my love for her will help me find my way...."

"I look back to the time when I was younger, a target for The New Society"

"The Priest is cold and dead, from my barrel of death he fed! He turned the holy water red as he bowed his head and said 'Put your trust in me.' "

"Now I don't believe in Love! I never have. I never will!"

"Now I'm like a ghost: back from the dead. Going to take my revenge. I'm going to take his head! I'm going to hunt him. X marks the spot. And when I find him, I'm going to give him all that I've got!"

"I'm the black hand of death!"