PDA

View Full Version : Con Air!

Tycho
11-26-2006, 04:37 AM
This was both the most unbelievable film, and a really fun one.

Colm Meaney was great. It's hard to watch Deep Space Nine now without imagining O'Brien turning to Bashir and saying, "Julian, shut the F up!" He had such a potty-mouth in this film it was funny.

John Malkovich played a great Cyrus the Virus as well.

You have to love a plane towing a sports car by a rope and Cage's line, "If this were any other day, that would seem strange."

I'm not a Nicholas Cage fan really. He doesn't even really play convincing white trash really. The long hair didn't look right. When he was first shown as a soldier, I was liking the way his character was being established.

The movie moves very fast and shows things like his letters and everything in rapid-fire. It wasn't a prison movie, but it really still makes you feel like he served 5 minutes of a 10 year sentence in there.

I loved the predator guy they brought in with a Hannibal Lechter mask on him who escapes and plays with the little girl, and then winds up gambling in Las Vegas!

Now wow, does everything blow up - especially at Lerner Airfield. Then at the crash scene in Las Vegas. They used every excuse to blow stuff up. That these characters survived all that, and that "Poe" would chase down Cyrus with the police bike after that plane crash really suspends disbelief. But it was a fantasy film in a lot of ways, and if you were the hero of your own fantasy, you might achieve all that, deliver a baby, and get elected President, too. It's your fantasy and this was the writer's.

Roll with it!

2-1B
11-26-2006, 09:28 AM
props to Nic Coppola's mullet.

General_Grievous
11-26-2006, 02:23 PM
"Con Air? More like Con S**t!" -Chris Rock in Dogma

Naw, seriously, I liked this movie. It's one of the few Nicolas Cage movies that I actually liked.

Rocketboy
11-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Why would I want to watch a movie about a hair drier?

Kidhuman
11-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Naw, seriously, I liked this movie. It's one of the few Nicolas Cage movies that I actually liked.

I feel the same way. I hate Cage, but this one I can stomach.

Tycho
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Francis Ford Coppola's his uncle right? And making these films helps him quit his jobs at carwashes, right?

I'll ditto everyone's sentiments about Nick Cage. Remember when it was rumored he'd play Superman? Cringe!

And the woman that played his wife in Con Air was really fine in the country-girl-next-door sense of the word. You have to wonder if when she came to the set, did she mistake Cage for the guy who vallet parks her car?

2-1B
11-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Why would I want to watch a movie about a hair drier?

cuz that Conair hair dryer is used to fluff Cage's beautiful mullet.

Jayspawn
11-27-2006, 12:07 AM
I love this movie!

BTW, I recommend getting the Extended Edition DVD! Its got some extra footage definatly worth seeing.

JimJamBonds
11-27-2006, 12:33 AM
And the woman that played his wife in Con Air was really fine in the country-girl-next-door sense of the word. You have to wonder if when she came to the set, did she mistake Cage for the guy who vallet parks her car?

That's the female lead from Along Came A Spider and she is also Dr. Gordon's wife in Saw.

Con Air was actually on a local channel today which was followed up by The Rock.

Slicker
11-27-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm not a Nicholas Cage fan really.Me either. Actually I hate Nick Cage with a passion...yet I like nearly every movie he's ever been in and own most of them...go figure.

Why would I want to watch a movie about a hair drier?I was waiting to see this very comment from you...d*ck.

As for the movie it's quite good. I love how Steve Buscemi is the worst convict on the plane. Chappelle is also funny too if only for the line "The last mohican is burning, man!"

Rocketboy
11-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I was waiting to see this very comment from you...d*ck.That's because I didn't want to disappoint you. :kiss: