PDA

View Full Version : My "formation"

Darth Cruel
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
They are being placed in chronological order (with EU stuff at the end of each "era") and they are SA troopers only. Obviously I have a few holes. I do have enough of the white #41s, the Mace Windu #41s, the Shadow Stormtroopers, the 501st Stormtroopers, and the Biker Scouts to fill those tiers. The Shadow and 501st Stormtroopers will have their own tiers when I get off my duff and open enough of them to fill those tiers.

Note that there is a "clean" Sandtrooper. I ELO'd that one it is not one from the Collector's Tins. There is still some "sand" in some of the tighter crevices, I will be working to correct that.

There are no Commanders. I do not troop-build commanders. But they will get a tier all their own before everything is said and done.

Filling the Utapau Shadow Troopers and the Covert Ops Troopers will be very expensive. I am actively searching for some at a reasonable price. In the mean time, I am saving money to get them from eBay if it becomes necessary.

And for anyone not familiar with them...those are Mini Mag Stands. I love those things!

2-1B
11-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Impressive. Most impressive.

DarkArtist
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Nice set-up. :thumbsup: I want to do something like this for my clones and stormies but just don't have the room. My mother in law may be giving me a lighted cabinet for some of my stuff, but it's not going to be till after the holidays. Maybe then I can post some pics up of my collection.

jedi master sal
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
They are being placed in chronological order (with EU stuff at the end of each "era") and they are SA troopers only. Obviously I have a few holes. I do have enough of the white #41s, the Mace Windu #41s, the Shadow Stormtroopers, the 501st Stormtroopers, and the Biker Scouts to fill those tiers. The Shadow and 501st Stormtroopers will have their own tiers when I get off my duff and open enough of them to fill those tiers.

Note that there is a "clean" Sandtrooper. I ELO'd that one it is not one from the Collector's Tins. There is still some "sand" in some of the tighter crevices, I will be working to correct that.

There are no Commanders. I do not troop-build commanders. But they will get a tier all their own before everything is said and done.

Filling the Utapau Shadow Troopers and the Covert Ops Troopers will be very expensive. I am actively searching for some at a reasonable price. In the mean time, I am saving money to get them from eBay if it becomes necessary.

And for anyone not familiar with them...those are Mini Mag Stands. I love those things!

Not a bad little bunch of clones ya got the DC. I always like seeing other formation shots.

Darth Cruel
11-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I hope to get some time tonight to fill in the tiers that I can.

You all may have noticed that there is a completely empty tier. That one is reserved for the 501st Clones that will be made from the SA Commander Appo that will be gracing us soon (provided that the early high-res shot on Hasbro's website is accurate in it's depiction of Appo as a SA figure).

If I am successful at opening my shop...I am thinking of having MMS do a custom stand (or a set of them) for me that will cover a wall. Then I will open all of the reserves and display them all (unless Hasbro keeps releasing troop-builders, then I will need all of that space for the 18-trooper formations). I will absolutely use the MMS's though. If any of you have ever experienced the domino effect after setting up 50+ troopers in a tight formation...then you understand why.

Old Fossil
12-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I hope to get some time tonight to fill in the tiers that I can.

You all may have noticed that there is a completely empty tier. That one is reserved for the 501st Clones that will be made from the SA Commander Appo that will be gracing us soon (provided that the early high-res shot on Hasbro's website is accurate in it's depiction of Appo as a SA figure).

If I am successful at opening my shop...I am thinking of having MMS do a custom stand (or a set of them) for me that will cover a wall. Then I will open all of the reserves and display them all (unless Hasbro keeps releasing troop-builders, then I will need all of that space for the 18-trooper formations). I will absolutely use the MMS's though. If any of you have ever experienced the domino effect after setting up 50+ troopers in a tight formation...then you understand why.

Muy nice. Many different flavors of Clones. I love the rows of AT-AT Drivers, too.:thumbsup: Thank the Maker for action figure stands!

You may want to wait a little longer on the 501st Clones. They are releasing a separate carded SA version, with the correct paint job, as part of the Greatest Hits line (or whatever it's called) next year. (I read it on RS's newsfeed.)

jedi master sal
12-06-2006, 07:15 AM
You may want to wait a little longer on the 501st Clones. They are releasing a separate carded SA version, with the correct paint job, as part of the Greatest Hits line (or whatever it's called) next year. (I read it on RS's newsfeed.)

Actually I think the AT-TE mold of the Tac Ops trooper does pretty good for formation figures.
Here's mine (though it's grown to almost twice this since I last took a photo):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/TacOps_SM-wm_1303.jpg

Course the Tac Ops from the Battle Packs look good too:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/Front_JTA_SM-wm_1321.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/BE_JTA_SM-wm_1319.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/3_3-4_JTA_SM-wm_1327.jpg

But yeah, I'll be buying bunches od the SA version as well. Whew, at least it'll save on tyring to hunt down multiples of Cmdr. Appo.

-Sal

Darth Cruel
12-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I finished filling in the Sandtroopers. Added to the AT-AT Drivers, and added a couple more Clone legions (442nd and 5th Fleet). I can't believe I am leaving so many Utapau Clones on the pegs. I have walked away from at least 30 of them over the last two weeks because I want to be ready for the 442nd and 5th Fleet Clones when they are on the pegs.

But I have not yet been able to walk away from Sandtroopers AT-AT Drivers, or Biker Scouts. I actually found one for 6.00 at a Wal-Mart near me.

Old Fossil
12-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Somebody please fill me in on the "442nd Seige Battalion" and "5th Fleet" Clones. Were they in the film? Are they under the command of specific Jedi or other Clone commanders we know of? I don't remember seeing these guys in Ep.3 at all.

Darth Cruel
12-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Somebody please fill me in on the "442nd Seige Battalion" and "5th Fleet" Clones. Were they in the film? Are they under the command of specific Jedi or other Clone commanders we know of? I don't remember seeing these guys in Ep.3 at all.

Alas, O.F., they were not. There is scarce little reference to them at all. The only other mention of them that I know of is the three-packs of clone statues that were released with some other "Deluxe" figures during ROTS. The 442nd Siege Battalion Clone IS pictured in the Visual Dictionary. Some believe them to have been edited out of the film, but they are widely regarded as EU.

DarkArtist
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I thought the 5th Fleet Security were the clones seen during the opening space battle maining the cannons and such.

Old Fossil
12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Alas, O.F., they were not. There is scarce little reference to them at all. The only other mention of them that I know of is the three-packs of clone statues that were released with some other "Deluxe" figures during ROTS. The 442nd Siege Battalion Clone IS pictured in the Visual Dictionary. Some believe them to have been edited out of the film, but they are widely regarded as EU.

Thanx, Cruel!

Darth Cruel
12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought the 5th Fleet Security were the clones seen during the opening space battle maining the cannons and such.

Nope. The Clones that manned the cannons had the grey legion markings on them. Those clones were released in a battle pack using the same mold as the jet pack clones from the deluxe packs. They were released with a Commander that was a Bacara repainted with blue paint apps.