PDA

View Full Version : Cape Fear!

Tycho
11-26-2006, 11:51 PM
A Martin Scorsese film with Robert DeNiro and Nick Nolte, with a very sexy Juliette Lewis.

This is an older film about a convicted rapist and batterer (DeNiro) who gets out of prison and goes after Nolte's character because he was his defense attorney 14 years ago.

Nolte buried evidence that the 16 year old girl that DeNiro raped was promiscuous. In a few states, that used to affect sentencing guidelines before women made more gains in the law.

DeNiro had bragged to him that he'd gotten away with several rapes before. But ignoring the rules to the attorney-client relationship, Nolte buried the report about the victim's promiscuity and DeNiro pleaded guilty to assault and they kept him locked up in prison where he himself was raped.

Now he's out for revenge and goes on a murderous streak killing several people connected with his ex-attorney, assaulting some more, plus poisoning the family dog, and finally cumulating with his plans to rape Nolte's wife and daughter and force him to watch.

The movie plays with your sensibilities, as you don't want someone who's as much scum as DeNiro's character (Max Cady) to have any rights to tax payers' dollars providing his defense, lawsuits, etc.

A great picture, it's a borderline horror movie, inclusive of the scene where Juliette Lewis (Danielle) sprays lighter fluid on Max Cady, who smokes these stinky cigars, that cause him to catch fire and really light up, leaving him scarred like Freddy Kreuger.

Cape Fear is another good movie I'd recommend to you all.

JimJamBonds
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
...with a very sexy Juliette Lewis.

So 'ya likes 'em young there ehh Tycho! lol

Tycho
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM
So 'ya likes 'em young there ehh Tycho! lol

Yeah, guilty as sin. Everybody has their thing. I'll let you know when I'm starring on NBC Dateline's "To Catch A Predator." :squareeye

2-1B
11-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Awesome movie, it's been way too long since I've watched it...just when I thought Bobby D couldn't be any more greazy, he did this role with the prison tats and all that good stuff. :grin:

JimJamBonds
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I prefer the Simpson's take with Sideshow Bob playing Bobby D's part... I mean where else can a guy hear a song from the musical HMS Pinafore. :p