PDA

View Full Version : GREAT NEWS! Bit more time for R2Dee2's collection!!

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 09:56 AM
What a way to begin the week. I've been advised there will be at least a couple more months (Jan-Feb) during which items can still be had for a song (in key, please:yes: ) and a fair price. There are items listed by "Aspenstar" on E-Bay that are listed in general groups (because of the volume and other reasons) that have been and will be for sale.

If ANY of you have wish-lists that still need additions, PLEASE either post or e-mail me at round_grandma@msn.com and locations will be attempted on their end. Please bear in mind, they've got thousands to go through for orders, sooooooooooooo, specifics, UPC Codes, especially, if possible, COMPLETE description (i.e. " MM Collection VIII-Darth Maul/Sith Speeder w/Darth Maul/Naboo Fighter/Naboo Pilot"), perhaps a link to a page with an image, would be MOST helpful to her. I'll get them listed and sent so she can begin the search for items wanted.

I'm looking forward to helping y'all acquire as many of your desired collection pieces as possible, gentlemen.

Later, Dudes:pleased:

vulcantouch-mom

sergiurusu
11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Playidia already bid on one of those. If he wins, everything will be back there for re-sale in a week...:sleeping:

SWAFMAN
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Playidia already bid on one of those. If he wins, everything will be back there for re-sale in a week...:sleeping:

The thought of that scalper getting a single item from Marilyn's collection would be a sickening disgrace.

------
Just looked at the auctions. That set of 3 micromachine SW collection sets for $10 is a very good deal. I would have bought those if I'd realized they were available, but I won't go into a bidding war against Playidia.

I'm somewhat surprised that no larger items like Code 3 die-casts and prop replicas were among the items we ever saw listed.

Mothman
11-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Shame I didn't know that some of those AF were in his collection otherwise I would of asked for them.

Its annoying to see that Playidia has bid on 3 of the items. I say block him from bidding to slow his scalping.

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
The Action Fleet items were on the huge list (Excel Worksheet) and the format that Darth Michael had, so kindly, used so y'all could see the items on this Forum. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33347 - Post 4. BTW, how would we block this OOK from bidding? Just wondering, considering the spirit behind Marilyn's wish to have the items sold to legitimate collectors (collecting for the collection's sake, not profit). But, we do have to take into consideration the efforts and not-at-all-small expense that has been dealt with by Mike and Laura since last year. They've been extremely cooperative and assisting and PATIENT in all this, considering all circumstances.

I feel we should follow their lead, as they're really trying to do something good to benefit a charity, but, I'd personally just love to box his ears :thumbsup: . Soooooooo, I'd suggest any items that ANY of you fine Forum'ers have a desire for be spoken for ASAP to reduce the chance of more scalping and give them a chance to get you as much as possible from the Motherlode they're supporting. Hey, wadda GREAT Christmas gift to yourselves and helping others too. :yes:

Got to run - must make more Watergate Salad - it's all been snarked away:( .

VT-mom :) :) :)

Mothman
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
to cancel his bid and block him from bidding again you must follow these steps:

1) go to my ebay
2) go to the item you are selling
3) click on bids
4) make note of item number and bidder ID (playidia in this case)
5) click on "cancel Bid" at the bottom of the page
6) click on the next "cancel bid" link
7) enter the item number, bidder id and reason for blocking
8) click "cancel bid"

this will need to be done for each item he has bid on.

No more Scalpers!!!

RJarvis
11-27-2006, 05:13 PM
heya all...i've converted the most recent list that Carolyn sent me into .html format (and .pdf for those who'd prefer) and have it posted here:

http://plantpathology.tamu.edu/ada/unclaimed.html

hope this helps out

Ross

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Quickly, thank you SO much for doing so much regarding the list, RJ. I must apologize for having credited Darth Michael with your clever posting work-around. I've checked it and it looks absolutely WONDERFUL (html). I've got an update to get to you as I packed a box for another buyer today. There are a couple of items w/final decisions to be made, but it reduces the list, mostly by the 9-pack miniature figurines (card/bubble pack).

I'm going to get this off before IE strikes again :upset:

Later, my friend :yes:

vulcantouch-mom :) :) :)

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 07:49 PM
strung up by their greedy thumbs, I can’t condone interfering with anyone’s legitimate attempts to acquire something on E-Bay. Sleaze-ball though he/she may be, I don’t believe stooping to that level is wayyyyyyyyyy below the integrity of all you gentlemen of this Forum.

We’ve been on the observing end of a difficult situation in which efforts and expenses of some consequence have been contributed when a much easier ‘out’ of the issue would’ve saved Mike and Laura much ‘grief’ so to speak. Soooo, while I hate the idea of any scalper using Dee’s much-loved and long-time accumulation to simply profit off of, it’s actually down to Mike and Laura and there’s no denying they’ve bent over backwards to accommodate her request to the benefit of y’all.

I’m more than thankful they’ve honored Dee’s wishes as much as they have and will continue to try to facilitate any purchases, as long as I can, with their permission.

Wellllllllllllll, this was drafted on a WORD Document to TRY not to be lost again ! Soooooooo, here ‘tis and I’m here for ya, guys

Tootles:thumbsup:

RJarvis
11-27-2006, 10:48 PM
VT-mom -

as soon as you get me the list, i'll get it updated and online for folks to look through...

also, if you're having trouble with internet explorer (i prefer to call it internet exploder), you might try downloading mozilla firefox...it's a great browser and actually offers a great deal of protection from spyware and such things...

thanks again!

Ross

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I really appreciate the reminder of what I'd intended to do earlier this evening. I had some very disturbing news and have been trying to get rid of a scorching headache ever since.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, with your permission, I'll get my biggus buttus off the bench and your updated list will have lift-off to cyberspace and your galaxy.

On my way:yes:

RJarvis
11-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I really appreciate the reminder of what I'd intended to do earlier this evening. I had some very disturbing news and have been trying to get rid of a scorching headache ever since.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, with your permission, I'll get my biggus buttus off the bench and your updated list will have lift-off to cyberspace and your galaxy.

On my way:yes:

sorry...didn't mean to sound like a drill sergeant on caffiene and no sleep :whip:

hope your headache gets better and the news wasn't as bad as it sounded

rj

vulcantouch-mom
11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I just watched a CSI with Marines and Iraq involved in the story and it just came out. :yes:

My headache's leaving to make room for a silly toothache. Yes, the news was very disturbing, but I'm praying for a light at the end of this year's tunnel. :sad:

I'll write you about it later, my friend. Texas support always helps me ride out bad times. God love ya!

Later, ;)

VT-mom:nerv: :Ponder: :hurt:

RJarvis
11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
howdy all...Carolyn sent me the updated list of Marilyn's collection...here's the newest list:

http://plantpathology.tamu.edu/ada/unclaimed.html

remember, tick-tock tick-tock

ross

vulcantouch-mom
11-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Another box o-Star Wars yummies has taken flight and will be arriving soon. And the next one in line - anyone, anyone?

Thank you VERY much, RJ, for having facilitated access to the list. Check it out, there's some good stuff there. And - AND - PLEASE consider compiling a detailed list of what you are looking for - there's more than a good chance you'll find it among the remaining thousands of pieces still in storage.

Geez, I feel like I'm in a telethon, with toys :D . Isn't this FUN?!?!?!?

Enjoy the day, Gentlemen:yes: We thank you, RJ :pleased:

vulcantouch-mom
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
It looks terrific! REMINDER TO check it out and ALSO send me any lists of items you're still looking for - they MAY be in Marilyn's collection:yes: . Now that y'all know about the E-bay-offered items, best you let it be known you're interested in them ASAP!:thumbsup: And, PLEASE, include UPC Codes, if available, and a detailed, easily decipherable description for this VERY not well-read collection person :hurt: . It WILL facilitate ID'ing what's still in storage for retrieval and sale to you.

Later, gentlemen:D

vulcantouch-mom
11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Does this buyer show up a lot on E-Bay? I just wondered.

REMINDER: If anyone has a wish-list of items they'd like to submit for the 'hunt', Miss Laura will need UPC's (most important), as complete a description as possible. If you can score an image, that would be cool to. That type of info really helped me.

Just get your lists to me at round_grandma@msn.com and I'll be sure to get them to her.

Tootles, :pleased:

VT-mom/carolyn :) :) :)

sergiurusu
12-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Playidia is a scalper. And that says it all :(

Check out THIS THREAD (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32467)

vulcantouch-mom
12-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Oooooooooooo, just as I began this reply, "Scrubs" had a scene re-enacting the fight scene w/Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader in the hangar where the Millenium Falcon was to be leaving. It was funny.

Back to the subject at hand. Thanks for having provided the link that explains so much about the "P" word. Sadly, he's profitting well from items that are sought by many who really just enjoy collecting them. No WONDER y'all can't stand him.

I've shared the link and "P's" online store w/Miss Laura. She'll be waiting for lists from y'all thru me for any items that come to mind or haven't yet been found elsewhere by you gentlemen.

I'm going to snooze - G'nite:sleeping: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sergiurusu
12-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know my package from Carolyn arrived yesterday - she already knows. These are some great MicroMachines playsets that will be cherished and will join my collection proudly. As said before I would have preferred not to have these items in my collection but have the 2 friends who passed away near me. Thanks Carolyn, thanks VT and thanks Marilyn.:love:

vulcantouch-mom
12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Posting your shipment was a sweet gesture, Sergiu. Thank you, kindly, my friend. I just looked back and it was 67 days ago, yesterday that your package left the building. Last night I watched Jéan's DVD of "SWII - AOTC" and just loved it. Thanks to my son, and in the past few months all of you gentlemen, I watched it with a new awareness, remembering and recognizing so many characters, droids, locations, etc. It was WONDERFUL!:pleased:

There are still a few boxes awaiting flight plans, payment arrangements and/or addresses. They're intended for Jedi-Goofy (whose address I located in Jéan's room), KidHuman, Kransky and FuzzyJedi, the last two from whom I've not had any response at all--theirs were assembled based on the posts between them and Jéan this past year.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, I need to get these out and to their proper homes. If anyone needs to reach me by my e-mail address, it's round_grandma@msn.com . PLEASE get back with me, even if it's to advise the order isn't to be completed.

Again, thanks SO very much for your thoughtfulness, Sergiu. And thank ALL of you fine gentlemen, who have enriched my life with your kindness, cleverness, humor and MUCH-MUCH help in completing this labor of love.:thumbsup:

BTW, you've also given me a deeper appreciation of the treasures of Star Wars and, for that, I'll be eternally thankful. It's as though y'all and Jéan have been in congress in the Jedi Council meeting room, sharing information with this newbie. I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome :yes: